2. Why do people pay lip service to tolerance, when they're really very intolerant people? Why can't people simply admit that they're not tolerant of certain things/viewpoints/people/etc.?
3. What's the easiest and fastest way to pack for a move, for someone who hates packing for moves?
4. Related to that: There is a LOT of furniture that needs moving (several beds, several huge dressers, bookcases, tables, etc.) but you're only moving a block or so away (let's say about.... 250 metres/275 yards). You have a bunch of friends who are willing to help in the move. Do you rent a moving van, when the van itself would probably only be covering 150 metres/165 yards of that distance, and the rest would need to be carried anyways?
5. Anybody know where I can find some good generic Slytherin-themed icons? Searched through Harry Potter icon communities, as well as the slytherinicon community, and can't turn up anything but character icons. I know I saw some a long time ago, but can't find them now when I want to use them. Grr.
6. I just recently read Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson and I loved it - mostly the setting. Can anyone think of any other books with similar settings?
7. Due to the stupidity of my university's registration, I can't take first-year German this semester, but I can take second-year German next semester. So I'm doing that, but to get up to speed, I need to study German on my own. I was going to just get the course textbook, but being as it doesn't have a section in the bookstore, that means the professor is doing something else. Can anyone recommend some good study-on-your-own German resources? Ones that use CDs or interactive CD-ROMS preferred.