1. Where did you move from/to?
2. Was there any big culture shock in any of your moves? (Or just anything that took a while to get used to)
3. Why did you move?
4. Are you glad you moved, or do you wish you could go back?
1. I moved from Virginia to Connecticut when I was really little, and am now living in Central New York.
2. When we moved to Connecticut, I had to work to hide my accent (which was apparently so thick you could cut it with a knife) because I was at that age where being different meant that the other kids would make life miserable for you. Moving to CNY, I was surprised to find that it's a lot less diverse than what I'm used to, and the foreign language radio stations are in French because of how close we are to the Canadian border. In CT they were all in Spanish or Portuguese because of the huge population of immigrants who spoke those languages.
3. When we moved from VA to CT it was because my parents were getting divorced and my mom wanted to move back to the area that she grew up in. The move up to CNY was because of college--then I liked it so much up here that I stayed.
4. So glad I moved up here. Going back to CT now just brings back a lot of painful memories and gets me all stressed out.