. (heysmilepretty) wrote in thequestionclub,

This is a gigantic teal deer. Car question under the cut.

So my uncle is being very generous and has offered to give me his car. (It was a huge gigantic shock. WTF?) He lives in PA, I live in GA, and my driver's license is in NJ (I've lived in GA since August but haven't gotten my GA driver's license for lack of having a certified birth certificate). I am flying to PA next weekend to get the car and have the title signed over to me, and then I am driving it back down to GA.

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ENSURE THAT I DON'T GET PULLED OVER Q234203948203498234 TIMES ON MY WAY DOWN?? I am pretty sure that I need to get a "transit tag" for the car (uncle has already taken the PA plates off), and while I am up north I am going to get a certified copy of my birth certificate so I'll be able to get my GA license as soon as I get home. So I guess my only real question is, can I get insurance on the car before I have my GA driver's license? I've heard different things from a zillion different people and I don't even know where to look for this on the intertubes. Halp plz, TQC. D:

If you dgaf about my car transferring issues, what is your monthly (or 6-monthly) car insurance rate? Where do you live? How many people are on your insurance plan? How old are all the drivers on the plan and what sex are they?

If you don't drive, what is your most used form of transportation?
  • Post a new comment


    Comments allowed for members only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded