b)If you are single, what is your preferred ethnicity in a partner, or ethnicity of past partners?
2. How important is culture and ethnicity for you when it comes to dating and marriage?
How important is it for your parents? Explain?
3. Do you think interracial marriage affects their offspring negatively, positively, or other/neither? Explain?
4. If you are in an interracial relationship and it has caused problems in your family, how do you deal with it?
1a. I'm Asian and my boyfriend is black.
b. I don't have a preference, in the past I've dated guys of various ethnicities.
2. I think it would be cool to date a guy who shares the same culture as I for the sake of common interests and familiarity, but it's not a priority for me. It's not as important to me as it is for my parents.
It is extremely important for my parents, like a life and death issue. To marry someone outside of our culture devastates my mom and she acts as though she is going to die. I would even go as far to say that it's the most important thing to her, period.
3. I haven't really thought about this yet.. my first biracial nephew is 4-months old so I guess I will see by watching him grow up. All I know so far is that biracial children are extremely cute. I think it does bother me when I know someone who is biracial, but they only identify themselves with one ethnicity. Sometimes I hear people who feel ashamed of being mixed. I know of no biological reasons why it would be negative. Culturally, I think it's positive because the child can grow up learning about different cultures. So yeah, more thoughts on this one as I think about it more.
4. Still haven't figured this one out yet...