Somewhat related to my last post -- MOAR FOOD QUESTIONS!
1. Did you have a "Home Ec" type of class in your schoolin' that taught you how to cook and/or about nutritious meals?
2. Did your parents / caregiver teach you to cook?
3. How many times a week to you eat out / order in?
4. How often do you cook meals from scratch / with no prepacked ingredients?
1. We did, but I've come to find out that my school was somewhat abnormal. I mean, I had a graduating class of about 120 kids. Apparently that's small! :( I remember making lasagne. I know we made other things, but I don't really remember what. Half the year was cooking/food, the other half was sewing.
2. My grandmother lived with us when I was growing up. I'd cook with her, my mother, and my father. We often had dinner parties on the weekends, and my dad would often call my mom at about 3 or 4 in the afternoon to tell her he was bringing people home from work. She'd then go CRAZY and assign me, my brother, and any friends we had over jobs -- from cleaning the house to cutting up vegetables.
3. I average about once a week, and that's usually because I see my brother and his family every weekend, and neither he nor my sister-in-law actually cook, so we order sandwiches or something.
4. I would say, on average, about 5 - 7 times a week. Whenever I make dinner, it's generally "from scratch." Often leftovers are used for lunch, or I just have a sandwich. Breakfast usually consists of cereal or a bagel or something like that. But I often make a real breakfast on the weekends.