1. Were you aware that Barack Obama is actually biracial (black father & white mother)?
2. Finding that out, does it bother you that he is called black / African-American?
3. Does it bother you at all that he doesn't actually make himself known to be biracial, and instead goes by just black?
4. Does the term African-American bother you when it's used with the hyphenation?
1. Yes, I feel like I'm the only person I know aware of that.
2. Sort of, but most people don't know.
3. Yes, because I'm biracial myself, and it's really frustrating that being a part of a small majority, when someone actually gets big who is mixed, that they don't represent or acknowledge it whatsoever.
4. Not really, I don't care at all. But it is odd that it's not used for other ethnic backgrounds.