1. Would you consider doing this as a side job? Keep in mind that you'll constantly be asked awkward questions and poked/prodded by inexperienced medical students. You will get paid between $10 and $20 per hour. On the flip side, you'll be helping educate doctors, you get to act, and it's a pretty easy job.
2. What if it was your job to be the standardized patient as the students learned the female pelvic exam/male genital and rectal exam? How much would they have to pay you?
3. On a (somewhat, for my answer at least) related note, gotten any particularly great/particularly horrible feedback lately at school/work/whatever?
4. And finally, on a totally unrelated note, why do my feet go numb when I run? (any reason other than "it's your shoes")
1. Probably . . . they always seem like they're not having too bad a time and they have been SO helpful for me personally.
2. No. That's where I draw my line . . . it would have to be like $200 an hour or something.
3. My standardized patient today told me that I did a superb job and I had no idea how advanced I was as a medical student. Plus I got the diagnosis right even though there were a bunch of red herrings in there. Lactose intolerance, not recurrent colon cancer :) Everyone wins.
4. I JUST DON'T KNOW!!!