1. How many languages can you speak?
2. What's a language you'd like to learn, but don't speak (yet)?
3. What's a language you consider beautiful?
4. Are there any good language communities in LJ-land, or language forums you recommend?
1. I speak six languages fairly well, and can order food and find the toilet in around ten: English and Thai fluently, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese and Lao conversationally, and Khmer, Japanese, Romanian, and French poorly (but still functionally). I can also read/fake Italian and follow quite a bit of what's going on in Slavic languages, as well as bits and pieces of others. Languages have been a hobby of mine since I was a kid.
2. Many. Chinese, Arabic, Swahili are high on the list. Better French would be good too.
3. Turkish, Khmer, and Brazilian Portuguese are three of my faves. I like Zulu as well.
4. I wish I knew. That's why I'm asking.