Jax (shadowsync) wrote in thequestionclub,

Computer Cable Question....

My internet keeps going sketchy and disconnecting on me or saying I'm connected but not loading anything and I think my router may be going. I've had roommates that were not so kind to it in the past so I wouldn't be terribly suprised to find out the antenna were messed up in some way. Since I can't afford to buy a new $40+ router right now I'm looking at getting a cable to connect from the living room where the router is located into my room about 20-30 feet away. I know the router still works in this sense since that's what my roommate does considering his room is closer to the router and I was on wireless before mainly to keep the cords out of the way.

The issue is I don't know the name of the type of cable I need. I think I found the right one on TigerDirect, but I wanted to check here first. I need a simple cable that will connect from the back of my router/cable modem into the back of my computer.

Does anyone know the name of the cable?
Does this look like it might be the correct cable I need to buy?
Cables Unlimited 25-Foot Snag-Proof UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) Cat5e Cable - Red

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Post a new comment


    Comments allowed for members only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded