2. Has it happened often?
3. What religion(s) were they?
4. Did you know the person(s)? If so, who were they?
5. Out of curiousity, what religion(s) do you follow or identify with?
1. A man from some Christian church (I don't remember the exact denomination) once came up to me at the bus station and asked if I was from Russia. I said yes and he started speaking to me in Russian and telling me all about that particular church and how awesome and great it was and that I should come over there...he gave me all these pamphlets, too, one was a cartoon storybook of a man who didn't believe in Christ but then did or something. This was in January. I saw the same man just last month on a bus and he asked me the same question and said the same thing. I told him that he looked familiar and he said that he didn't know me and has never seen me before, hah. And the other day a Buddhist or Hindu monk came up to me on the street and tried to give me a book about "the right path" or something. I politely refused.
2. Yes, these incidents are just the ones I remember, there are a few more that didn't stand out as much.
3. Christian, Buddhist (I think)
5. I'm born and raised in a secular Jewish household but I don't really believe in a higher being, so that makes me...a Jewish atheist? I celebrate the holidays, though, for tradition's sake.