2. Have you read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius? What did you think of it?
edit: if you haven't read it, does the title make you at least somewhat tempted?
3. Do you know what a kangaroo word is? If so, isn't awesome?
1. Yes; my dad grew up in relatively poor Southern rural Russia, where a lot of people's money as well as food they ate came from fruits/veggies they grew on their "dachas" and then sold. So now we have raspberries, grapes, cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchinis (by accident, we thought we were buying cucumbers), and lots of random herbs.
2. I'm almost done with it. I found it very overwhelming at times; sometimes I had to put the book down because I just couldn't take it anymore. But I'm absolutely in love with it.
3. A kangaroo word is a word that contains another word within its spelling that means the same thing.
chocolate (contains the word cocoa, which means the same thing)
canister (contains two words: can and case)
more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_word