The popular view seems to be that geeks are into comics and science fiction and fantasy. I got this particular perspective from someone who will remain nameless when she was defending that even though she goes to a certain convention regularly she is by no means a geek.
She's also one of the biggest House geeks I know...and I know many.
I'm offering no criteria so use your own understandings of what "geek" entails:
- What makes you think you're not a geek?
- Do you think being a geek is a bad thing?
- Do you enjoy geeky things?
- Is there any show or series you follow regularly?
- If you know you're a geek, is there anything that you follow regularly that you feel falls outside your fandom?
- Also, if you're a geek are you just a general one or a specific kind?
Idea for this came to me given this random guy's recent fascination with the Veronica Mars series.