Which good ones haven't died young? Which ungood ones have?
Do any of you have/had parents who make sexual jokes (or maybe not so jokingly) about other people in front of you? How does it make you feel? What do you do about it?
My mom passed away over 4 years ago, and my 73 year old dad is visiting me for a few days. He recently had prostrate surgery and so he's taking medication that is, well, making him hornier than usual. It's clear he's really ready to get back on the horse, which is great, but he is flirting with waitresses and joking about how this girl he is dating is 17 (she's 45). I'm really worried for the next couple days because he is pretty inappropriate and embarrassing. He doesn't do anything close to sexual harassment, but it's still terrible for me sitting there listening to him joking about underage women who are younger than I am.
No matter how many times I tell him to stop, he just laughs and say it's a joke, and continues to do it because I'm apparently super funny to tease.
What would you do if you were me? Any of you who have single parents who go a little too far?
1. I've got technical questions on doing physical things to computers, and I sure could use a place to ask. Are there any Users Groups left out there, either on LJ or elsewhere? I'm thinking TQC these days might not have the pool of know-it-alls I need.
2. Aldi carries both Beef Stock and Beef Broth. What's the difference?
3. (just in case someone here knows) Dell Inspiron desktop running Win 7. I've got a Rescue disc and a backup copy of Windows, both created by the machine I'm using. How do I use these to reformat my hard drive and reinstall Windows? I need novice level step-by-step.
4. (just in case someone here knows) I've got a dead Windows notebook. It won't display on its own screen, and it won't display by plugging in a separate monitor. I'm guessing that the hard drive inside is still good. Can I install it to an external case and run it as an external drive to access my data? Again, I'd need a step-by-step plus a parts list.
Who in your life is the most likely to get you to try something new and/or challenging?
Who is the most likely to discourage you from something new and/or challenging?
DK/DC: name a food item that should never be a taco ingredient.
1. What's the best thing you've bought lately?
I bought the Amazon Fire TV Stick and am loving it.
2. What is your favorite documentary?
Born Into Brothels is mine.