Why can't I sleep?
Dk/dc: What's your cure for insomnia?
I think tonight is actually my sleep patterns getting out of whack. It's the problem with insomnia and no strict timetable to stick to. I stay up all night staring at the roof, then fall asleep around 4am, then wake up at midday, which leads to being awake too late, and before I know it my sleep patterns are that of a vampire.
I've had this since I was 13, nothing has worked other than drugs (prescription and not). I've tried meditation, exercise, reading, diet, sex, many different configurations of room types (lighting/warmth/bedding), I don't hang out in bed anymore because that's bad for insomnia apparently. I'm lucky if I get one or two nights of OK sleep a month. I sleep well maybe a handful of times a year. Never two nights in a row.
Drugs work to put me to sleep, but most of them result in either crap sleep or big hangovers.
Is there anything I haven't tried?
EDIT: Actually, there is another question I'm interested in. How long does it take you to fall asleep (i.e. lights out to *lights out*). Mine is between 40 minutes and an hour.
EDIT2: Finally got to sleep about 6:30 and was up again at 10. I feel destroyed. I had a lot to do today, but now I just feel zombified. I had a coffee and now I just feel like I can't move and have anxiety :/
What's your favorite way to kill time in an airport? I don't have enough of this book to last another 3 hours.
My cat, who is indoor/outdoor (lives with my parents, I have no say in this :/) and rather large (16lbs, not overweight, just...large) has a flea issue. The flea treatment my mother previously used on him successfully is not working. He's getting older (12 years) and I worry about his well-being excessively especially now that I don't get to see him as much as I'd like. Does anyone know of a safe/effective flea treatment for cats they could recommend? Ones that work on larger cats too?
I'm not sure the exact one my mother was using before (she left me a voicemail) but apparently it was from Costco...
What is the closest business/type of business to your residence, and how close is it?
How much do you utilize it, if at all?
i've unfortunately become somewhat cynical as far as male/female relationships go, especially in recent years. after being cheated on and lied to by my longterm (now ex) boyfriend, i started to be fearful that maybe people are just too selfish, too shallow, and place too much emphasis on sex in their lives. i have significant trouble understanding hookup culture, and i have been increasingly stumbling across forums and comment threads full of "mens rights" types who make me feel worthless and like i have nothing to offer unless i'm young and attractive and letting men use my body.
these questions might seem silly but with all these recent anxieties i am having, i just want to feel like i'm not a freak and like i'm more than a slab of meat. feel free to answer as many or as few of the questions as you like
- is loyalty/fidelity just a farce? do you think we are really capable of lifelong monogamy?
- how high on your list of relationship needs is physical attraction and sex? what is highest?
- how do you remain optimistic about relationships with hookup culture being so prevalent?
- do you really think that men and women want different things from each other?
- how do you feel about porn? what role has it played in past or current relationships?
- how does casual sex compare to a committed relationship? which do you prefer and why?
- are you 100% convinced that your partner is interested in you on a spiritual/emotional level, and not just a physical one? if so, what aspects of the relationship have proven that?
- can you see yourself growing old with your partner, and actually still finding them beautiful/attractive as they age? why or why not?
- why do you think divorce is on the rise? do you think marriage is still taken seriously?
- are you more excited or terrified at the thought of settling down with someone?
- what would it take in a partner for you to want to "put a ring on it"?
any other comments/observations/insights would be appreciated and helpful. it's really sad that i feel so cynical because i'm relatively young and i never used to feel this way prior to the cheating. i want to be hopeful and confident that i can have lasting and meaningful relationships but i'm finding it more and more difficult to believe that anymore.
Has anyone here found a job through flexjobs.com? Any experiences to share, positive or negative?
When was the last time one of your credit (edit: or debit) cards lasted all the way to its expiration date without getting canceled because of a retailer getting hacked?
I can't remember. Seems like mine gets stolen about once a year lately.