||[Nov. 12th, 2014|05:27 pm]
The Question Club
Most years on New Year's I keep it fairly mellow: drinks at home (alone or with friends), watching The Big Lebowski, maybe playing board games. I don't know why I've picked The Big Lebowski, I just have.|
This year, however, we'll be rolling over into the year that Marty McFly arrives "in the future." I'm tempted to opt for something ~a little crazier~: inviting some friends over to marathon the Back to the Future movies (ideally timed so that at midnight Marty arrives in the future in Part II but well let's not get ahead of ourselves).
But NYE is also a Wednesday this year, which is kind of a shit day for any kind of party. Plus our apartment is tiny and full of stuff so having more than three guests over doesn't work so well (though the "Jesus Christ is Bourne" Bourne movie marathon we had last Christmas was good). What would you do, TQC?
1) Regular NYE plans: stay home with the boyfriend, drink some cheap liquor, watch The Big Lebowski
2) Special 2015 NYE plans: invite people over for drinks and Back to the Future marathon, hoping that no one already has plans/is going to other, cooler parties
3) Have the Back to the Future marathon on the weekend after NYE to give people time to recover from their hangovers/etc.
4) Have the Back to the Future marathon on October 21st, 2015, the date that Marty arrives in "the future" (also a Wednesday but being 11 months away gives people the chance to schedule it into their lives).
5) Hold off on any NYE plans to see if I will get invited to any parties, seeing as this is my first NYE with friends in my new city. Perhaps even suggest the Back to the Future theme for whatever party I might end up invited to.
Obviously not all of these items are mutually exclusive. I was thinking of doing 1 and 3. Or maybe 1 and 4. Maybe even 1, 3, AND 4....!
DK/DC: what are your New Year's plans?