||[Aug. 14th, 2014|07:43 am]
The Question Club
I'm dog sitting for a family I do not know. I've had their dog for over two months and am expected to keep him until December. Before agreeing to watch him while they moved I told them that I'll be traveling with my family for a week starting this Sunday (they've known for three months) and they needed to find alternative care for their dog as no one will be here to watch him. I sent them an email last week and two more this week as well as phone calls reminding them about the trip, and asking what time they'll be picking up their dog Saturday with no response. |
They've done everything I've requested so far so I don't feel they're abandoning their dog with me (made payments on time, got him licensed, have him UTD with all vetting before coming, plus they have kids that have grown up with him since he was a puppy-he's 7 now) but they've never waited this long to correspond with me when I email and I feel like with only three days to go a pick up time should have been arranged by now.
What should I do? Am I worrying for nothing? I can't get a hold of them, I know they still have another day after today before they need to come get him but I'm still worried.
I feel as though my only option if they don't contact would be to kennel their dog until they removed him (I would not be covering that fee as they left me no choice), but I'd feel so bad about it.Or...is there something else I can do? I don't have any friends or family willing or able to watch him.
What would you do?!