January 22nd, 2014

Bucky's Little Birdy (Darby Conley)

(no subject)

My Google skills are broken today and I thought I'd ask here before I spend an eternity on the phone..

I've been getting unemployment benefits in Illinois for the last few months. I checked my account this morning and I saw that I'm only getting money for 1 week (the second week of this year).

For those of you familiar with unemployment, is there a waiting week at the beginning of a new year?

Im getting my lip pierced and a new tattoo tomorrow (belated xmas gifts from my dad...Yay!)

Do you have any facial piercings? How bad did it/they hurt?
Minion - > Giant + Small

DVDs, Blu Ray or UV?

So, I've realised that by time I've collected my DVDs (yup, still thinking about them) they may well be obsolete.

I've also realised that I can Blu Ray on VLC player. I began looking into this when I realised that lots of DVDs are sold with multiple types (e.g., Blu Ray 3D, Blu Ray, UV Copy; DVD + UV; Blu Ray + UV).

I don't have much use for 3D Blu Ray at this point in time, but would it be worth ensuring I have a UV copy or buying Blu Ray copy where the prices are hardly different?

I watch most films I see in the cinema as my wife used to have a free pass and I haves CEA card.

What do you buy? Is even worth worrying about, knowing that by the time I can use a more high tech version on a TV screen the film itself will cost less?

DK/DC: Where's a good place to holiday in Europe?

Edit: I live in the UK (England) and want to go further afield!
Happy Little Jesus

Random Qs

1. If you only had 24 hours to live, what would you do?

2. If you came along with a theme song, which song would it be and why?

3. If you could invite 5 people to a dinner party, living or dead, who would you choose?

4. What is Victoria's secret?

5. If you had to be trapped in a tv show for a month, which tv show would it be and why?

(no subject)

Hi! It's been a while since my last "here'a picture of something, what is it called?" so here goes again:

Is there an English word for a set of shelves that goes under something? It's an "Unterstellregal" in German, and in this picture is the thing on the right that slots under the changing table.