What are some movies that come to mind that you feel have 100% perfectly fitting actors and music? For me they are Hedwig and The angry Inch, Rocky Horror Picture Show, RENT, Tenacious D and The Pick Of Destiny, Phantom Of the Opera, Moulin Rouge, Sweeney Todd and Titanic, Harry Potter and Lord Of The Rings
What is one really pretty song from a soundtrack that you love?
Is there any way to 'unshrink' clothes? My favourite LBD got thrown in with the wrong load of laundry and shrunk to the point where it would now fit an 8 year old. It's 100% rayon - a fabric that's supposed to be hand wash only :(.
If not... Would you like to show me some dresses you think are pretty?
What's the weirdest thing you've found out about a historical figure recently? I was reading up on the creator of Futurism, Filippo Marinetti, and found out that he was arrested. Why? Because Italy found his book about a man going on sexcapades too be too obscene, mostly because he had a 30ft penis that he had to keep tied around his waist. eta: "found his book" is way too vague. Especially since he was the one to write and mass published it.
If you were absolutely terrible at math and you knew you were going to fail your really hard math class (and there's nothing you can do to even make a D and pass), would you even bother doing the last homework and taking the final?
take the job that suits you more, but you're pretty sure the hours are going to be inconvenient (probably having to work during most of the few times your SO is home) for you or! the job where you'll be working your ass off doing something you know you won't like doing, but the hours are perfect(about the same as your SO)?
This popped into my head after a conversation with a friend about getting a new tattoo this summer- Can people with metal allergies get tattoos?
My husband developed a metal allergy after taking an antibiotic last year (can't remember what it was though). He can't wear his wedding ring (tungsten), his armpits are broken out in nasty, itchy hives because of his deodorant (and he's too stubborn to just throw it out and get a metal free one, he's using it until it's gone) and before he lost weight he would get hives on his stomach if it touched his belt buckle. He was planning on getting a new tattoo this summer but now he's worried that he's going to have a reaction to the needle. I had no idea what to tell him because he hadn't gotten any new ink since he took the antibiotic. Is the allergy going to create a problem or ruin the tattoo?
hey everybody! i'm looking to buy a cute black knapsack (black goes with everything). i've already checked target and forever 21 and they dont have what i'm looking for. does anyone know where i could find one (and a photo of it? :D) or any online sites that you trust? i dont do ebay thanks!
TQC, I get a LOT of magazines from a subscription I ordered. I originally asked for five different magazines a month, but they regularly send me 10+. Most of them don't really interest me (they send me magazines I never subscribed to in the first place, like Fast Company, Surf Magazine or Inc.). I don't want to just throw the ones I don't read in the recycling bin, though. I'd like to donate them somehow, or maybe mail the ones I don't read to friends. What would you do with them? What's your favorite magazine?
1) Do you like roller coasters? 2) If so, what's your favorite one? 3) Which one has been the scariest you've been on? 4) Have you ever been in pain the day after you've been on a bunch of them? 5) Are there any you'd like to try that you haven't been on before? 6) If you don't like roller coasters, why?
1) Yes. 2) A cross between Nitro and El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure. 3) Believe it or not, the Cyclone at Coney Island. I genuinely felt my life was in danger the entire time because of the lack of restraint/rickety-ness of it. 4) I'm sore as heck today. I think I was subconsciously bracing myself the entire time I was on the roller coasters because all the muscles in my back, shoulders, and arms are killing me. 5) I've never been to Cedar Point, so I'd like to try all the roller coasters there.
I have a strapless bridesmaid dress that I need to get taken in at the bust before July. I have never been to a tailor, and don't know what to expect. How do I make it so I get a good fit/my dress doesn't become ruined/I get a reasonable (preferably cheap) price?
1. Do you feel any particular way about the fat acceptance movement?
2. Do you tell the friend who bought you dvds from amazon that it's scratched and unable to play? I got a box set trilogy of Chan-Wook Park's Revenge for my birthday and one disc was defective out of several special features and full films discs. We're going to have a marathon viewing soon and I don't know if it's an insult to say that one of the discs got scratched in transit or if it would be considered a plea to buy me a new Sympathy for Mr. Revenge dvd.
3. If you could ban one word in the English language what would it be?