||[Sep. 22nd, 2010|01:41 pm]
The Question Club
TQC, something died either in my attic or my chimney. |
It all started over the weekend, when we kept hearing thumps up in the attic. It sounded like something quite a big larger than a squirrel. Then, early Sunday morning, we heard something quite abruptly fall down our chimney, but nothing was in the fireplace when we looked. Tuesday evening these huge green flies started appearing in our house, the kind that buzz around dead things. We tracked them to the fireplace.
And then today, the smell hit. It's all over the place, but mainly the living room, where the fireplace is. We don't know what to do about it. There was nothing in the fireplace when we looked before, and plus we don't want more flies to get into the house by opening the fireplace or the attic.
My question: is there a service that deals with this? My grandmother suggested an exterminator, but I wasn't sure if they dealt with dead things too. We don't want to ask a neighbor or relative for help, because it's kind of gross, but my mom and grandmother and I are all pretty squeamish. Any advice? Have you dealt with this before?
tl;dr - There's something dead somewhere in my house. We can smell it, but we don't know where it is. What do we do? Who can we call for help?