|because I can't make my own life decisions
||[Mar. 14th, 2010|11:50 pm]
The Question Club
Ok, I want opinions on this.|
I am moving come end of june for grad school at wayne state (downtown detroit)
I have 3 living options I am currently considering. (note that + denotes a positive aspect of living situation and - means a negative aspect of living situation).
1) Living at my mom's house
+ Save money!
- Tiny space
- Other people's clutter
- I will be more stressed out at all times probably
- longer commute to class and internship
2) Live in an on campus apartment
- over $650 a month in rent PLUS paying for parking
- No parking at apartment, would have to park a block ish away
+ Place to myself
+ The apartment I want is 529 square feet, it's a studio but has a separate kitchen, separate dining room the size of my bedroom at my mom's house and a living area/bedroom.
+ On campus, will have internet.
3) Live in an off campus apartment
- rent. Most places I have seen so far will probably end up with higher cost than on campus once all utilities, internet et cetera that are not included in rent are added in. But I may be able to find a place cheaper if i look further from campus.
- Higher risk of a really bad landlord.
? Parking is an unkown, depending on how far from campus, I may need to purchase parking on campus anyways.
+Place to myself
+/- More space than home, likely less than the place I like on campus.
+ no rush to move out right when I graduate (which will be after only 1 year)
Some other things to know, I don't know my financial situation next year. Still waiting to hear about financial aid, loans, and scholarships.
I will be able to work only part time and don't have a job in the area yet. I hope to get one, but have no guarantee of paid employment.
Oh, and my internship may require a lot of working from home, which is why having space is a big factor for me right now.
So, where should I live next year and why?