|This community is EPIC fail.
||[Jul. 30th, 2009|02:51 am]
The Question Club
The rules are here to make the environment enjoyable and fair for everyone. We don't ask much, so they shouldn't be hard to follow. Unless otherwise noted, you will get one warning when having a post deleted, after that you’ll be banned.
The bottom line: Be polite and think before you post.
- Every post must ask a question.
- Posts that break any applicable laws or violate LJ's Terms of Serivce will be deleted and you will likely be banned. As such, TQC is not a file-sharing community, nor is it BitTorrent. Get your music, movies, and warez elsewhere. This is your only warning.
- Don't delete your posts or delete/screen/freeze comments made by other users. If you have an issue with a post/comment made by another user, contact the moderators. Exception: It's okay to delete a post if it was obviously intended for your personal journal.
- Snark is okay, but don't take it too far. Harassment of other users, making threats, and blatant disrespect for others is not welcome here.
- Trolling (i.e. making posts/comments with the intent of disrupting the community) is not allowed here.
- Please don't ask LJ support-related questions here. LiveJournal has a FAQ and a community of dedicated support volunteers who can help you.
- Do not promote your communities here. Also, please do not ask what communities are available on LiveJournal. community_promo and community_quest were created for these purposes.
- Don't post "questions" just to show off a link. We all think your 30,000lb cheesewheel is quite lovely this time of year, we don't want to see your PayPal donate button, nor do we want to vote for your puppy in an online contest. "Questions" that are just self-promoting or linkspam will be deleted.
- Don't post multiple questions in a short period of time. If you're posting more than twice in a given block of ten or so posts, you're posting too much, and people will get annoyed with you. Feel free to combine multiple questions into one post.
- Feel free to use HTML formatting in your posts, as long as you don't use large text or markup that will mess up others' friends pages. If you're going to post large images, YouTube embeds, or images that are inappropriate for a public setting, put them behind an LJ-cut.
- You will
probably be mocked if you ask a question that is easily answered by a search engine. Deal with it. (Homework questions are a prime example of what will cause you grief.)
- No need to ask What's with the Bacos icon? (or What's with all the syringes?)
I am aware that my previous post might have been disruptive to this community however, it was not intentional. I was very upset to hear about my friend. However, I feel that all of the snarky comments made were intentionally made to disrupt the community and cause drama.
EDIT: Fellow TQC'ers, those who will not be supremely choleric in response to this post, do you feel that the snark is tolerable or unbearable?