|what to do and see in hollywood, Los angeles
||[May. 3rd, 2009|02:42 am]
The Question Club
I am going to hollywood, Los angeles and my hotel is right outside the hand print walk of fame side walk.
I will be joining a 1 full day tour to see go to these places:
WALK OF FAME - Where the stars are immortalized in cement.
• HOLLYWOODBOWL - Home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra.*
• GRAUMAN'S CHINESE THEATRE - Footprints and hand prints of the most famous movie stars in the world are here.*
• KODAK THEATRE - New home of the Academy Awards, also nicknamed the "Crown Jewel of Hollywood".
• HOLLYWOOD & HIGHLAND - Where you can shop at the newest star in Hollywood and also one of the most popular places to visit.
• SUNSET STRIP - Famous shops, restaurants and bars where celebrities meet, eat and play.
• RODEO DRIVE - Where you see Gucci, Prada, Versace, Chanel, Bijan, Louis Viutton, should I say more?*
• THE BEVERLY CENTER - A shoppers paradise where at any time the most beautiful super models in the world can be found shopping for lingerie at Victorias Secret.
• FARMER'S MARKET & THE GROVE - Eat at the oldest Farmers Market in LA (circa 1937) and shop at the newest outdoor shopping center in LA the Grove. Lunch stop 45 min.
• LA BREA TAR PITS - Discover the past at the Pits.
• LA COUNTY MUSEUM OF ART - For art lovers of all ages.
• MIRACLE MILE - The perfect place for culture, history and nightlife.
• OLVERA STREET - The birth place of Los Angeles.*
• MUSIC CENTER - A delight to your ears on any given night.
• WALT DISNEY CONCERT HALL - Architecture at its finest.
• CHINA TOWN - A fascinating place where the mix of chinese culture and the west seam so seamless.
What can I do for the next few days?
I was going to join another tour to see: movie star homes, the wax museum, and the hollywood museum but after looking online I think I am wasting money to go to these places as they are boring and not worth the money. Why would I pay $$ to see the outside of houses?
Any suggestions or recommendations people have for places to go in hollywood?
I would prefer if it was walking distance or close to the hotel so I don't have to pay outrageous taxi fairs.
**I'm at LA for a few days because I am taking a cruise that is departing from the LA port so I decided to get to LA a few days earlier to do the tourist thing