I want to move out of California, but the only other places I've ever been are Michigan and Oregon, and yet I don't want to make a big move and then realize that some perfect little paradise was sitting on the other side of the country (or world) and I never knew it existed.
So, that brings my question: Where do you live? Is it your paradise? Why? If not, do you know of a place that a nerdy nerd like me would love?
- Does the place where you live have a developed coffee culture (or at least one really really awesome coffee shop?)
- Does it have a nerd population? (Computers, world of warcraft, anime, SCA/renfairs, D&D, ect?)
- Is there a comic book / gaming store? (Is it worth going too, or are there more then one?)
- Is there a video game store, or a mall?
- Is there a music loving population? A store where you can buy musical equipment?
- Is it horse friendly, yet urban enough to keep one busy and comfortable?
- Is the landscape pretty? Any natural monuments such as forests, mountains, lakes/rivers?
- What's the culture like? (Old buildings, history, politics, ect?)
- Is the population mainly liberal, conservatist, or neutral? Is religion a big part of it or is religion pretty much personal choice that people respect as private?
Does it have stuff for tech-junkies? (Raves, clubs that place dance music - not just hip-hop - electronic stores where you can buy enough stuff to make a computer from scratch if you wanted too?)
Any nifty things to do like museums, video game arcades (the adult kind too?), maybe paint ball wars, SCA, hiking trails, rivers or oceans, theme parks nearby, ect?
And how much does it cost to live where you do?
I'd love to hear all about the homes of people who live in places I have yet to explore, and if you have pictures or a local community website that's even better! Please tell me all about it.