What do you ask, TQC?
July 18th, 2008
What do you ask, TQC?
How many irl friends do you have?
Is there a candy or food (like chex mix) that comes in more than one flavor/style that has bits you can't stand? What bits don't you like? What do you do with them?
1. Trucks and SUVs will now be purchasable only with a strictly enforced license. Don't need it for your job? No problem, we'll tow it to the wrecker for you!
2. Speaking of licensing, parenting is now licensed. Can't pass the test, you don't get the antidote for the saltpeter (or whatever) in the water. We license fucking hairdressers, but not the important jobs.
3. Butter croissants will be the new official international food. Anyone caught with any sort of stuffed croissant will be summarily shot.
Where were you, who are you with, and what were you doing when the picture was taken?
2. do you like it?
3. have you ever gotten teased for it?
4. if you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
( Collapse )
i just posted a comment in a community that i am not technically a member of and my comment was screened so i deleted it asap, but i bet the person who made the post will be like, "wtf is this". i thought it was tqc D:
2) What do you want for your birthday? When is it?
3) If I try to go to bed, the intoxicated musicians will call me again to let their drunk butts in the building, y/y?
I paid the card off in full, including the late fee they gave me. But what worries me is what effect this might have on my credit score.
Will a day late payment on a Chase credit card have an impact on my credit score?
Do you like popcorn?
What kind of cell phone do you have?
I'm using gmail. I tried firstname.middlename [cara.elizabeth] but it was taken. I don't really feel like using my last name.
TQC, What should my email address be?
ETA: would "firstname.lastname@example.org" be to stupid?
ETA: This will be my primary email address. I do not want to use a last name because i plan on getting married within the next 5 years.
I'm getting a Palm Centro with Sprint's unlimited data plan in the near future. Will they have to pry this phone out of my cold dead hands? How much more addicted to the internet will I get?
Will you come over and potty train my kid? I really don't want to do it.
Favorite ramen flavor?
Do those little blackhead vacuums work? What's the silliest beauty product you've ever gotten?
Kittens or puppies?
How do you like your coffee? What brand? What flavor(s)? If not coffee, tea?
What was the last movie you watched on DVD? Was it good?
( Collapse )
And yeah, my copy-paste skills are fantastic.
TL;DR version: Someone you met is probably being used sexually and otherwise by a very controlling and evil man.
Anyway, what would you do?
What would you have your flash mob do?
(my favorite one ever is here, if you wondering what it looks like)
On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you hate people that don't know the difference between brights and low beams (10 being if such people formed a race you'd be arrested for hate crimes)?
Should I go to the gym now, or get an extra hour of sleep and skip it today?
Who else strongly prefers rings to barbells in body or facial piercings?
Who else wears eye makeup on their lips because the colors are so much more interesting?
Who else hates gin?
Who else doesn't like Joss Whedon's writing and sense of humor?
tl;dr comments encouraged. I can take your scorn!
1. If you could go to Florida and visit your momma (who you miss and love) and a few not-so-interesting friends or go to Montreal to visit someone you're kind of into (and will be away for a month there) to explore, which would you choose? The fare is the same to either destination.
2. It just so happens that I have an allergy to rice and cane sugar (among other things). I'm Cuban, therefore no meals are without a heaping shit of rice. I also bake a fuckton and there's no such thing as baking without nummy sweetness. I know there's beet sugar, but it's expensive (and hard to find?) and I don't know if honey/ agave will replace anything. And rice. RICE! It's so hard to remember this shit. Suggestions on changing my diet? Have you ever had to omit a food you adore from your meals? Can you suggest a fluffy tissue I can cry into?
3. How ya been?
LOL DAMN SORRY I MISSED IT
k who saw Hancock wasn't it terrible?
Photos are a bonus.
sense of foreboding, fear, or apprehension
flushed face, hives, swollen or itchy lips, mouth, eyes, or tongue
tightness in mouth, chest or throat
difficulty breathing or swallowing, drooling, wheezing, choking, coughing
running nose, voice change
vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, stomach pains
dizziness, unsteadiness, sudden fatigue, rapid heartbeat, chills
pallor, loss of consciousness, coma, death
I have quite a few of these symptoms (which is why I'm up at 4:03am), and I've had them for about an hour now. I ate peanuts almost 12 hours ago. Do I have a peanut allergy?
if you've already seen the dark knight, here there people in costumes? we had one decent looking joker, and one harely quinn.
eta: did you laugh at all the stuff the joker did, or were you creeped out by him? people in my theater kept laughing and i'm just like CRAZY PEOPLE WHO KILL FOR FUN ARE NOT FUNNY. also, i was more like, "holy shit he's creepy".
what kind of wings do you grow? angel? bird? butterfly? hornet? fly? bat? dragon? some other kind of wing?
i'd grow dragonfly wings, i think.
1. How many of you forgot about it and have been recklessly cheating death for the last month? I know I have.
2. Who wants to go out in a wheat field and have a tomato fight like on that Wheat Thins commercial?
Good morning ladies & gents. Would it be completely gross of me to use French Vanilla Coffee-Mate in my tea? I just *really* like the stuff and don't feel like getting coffee-mouth (aka worst drymouth ever in the history of mankind).
What is the most you have ever spent on flip flops? What kind were they?
What about religiously-motivated?
Are there any other topics you feel are inappropriate as subjects in the workplace?
What would you do if the CEO of the company sent around an email of this type that expresses a view you do hold?
What would you do if the CEO of the company sent around an email of this type that expresses a view you do not hold?
What would you do if the CEO of the company sent around an email of this type that expresses a view you do not hold and it chastises the view you do hold?
Was it yours? If so, can I steal it? (I'll credit)
If not, do you know who it belonged to? Or where I might have seen it?
If you don't care, what is your favorite color of M&Ms? I only eat the green and blue ones.
For those of you who work, what are some of the weirdest things your coworkers have discussed with you?
How do you spend your birthday?
How would your dream birthday be planned?
What color is your cell phone?
What is the best livejournal icon you've ever seen?
2. What do you like in your pancakes? (If you don't like pancakes, you frighten and confuse me. I have only recently discovered the joy of adding chocolate chips or blueberries to them.)
3. What is your favorite fruit? (I am addicted to cherries.)
4. I'm nervously looking forward to dinner and a movie with my ex-boyfriend this weekend. (No romantic overtones, we've spoken cheerfully on the phone since the breakup the first week of March, but we've not actually hung out together since then.) He's added the dinner invitation so he can question me about the new boyfriend. What are you doing this weekend? Anything you're nervous about? Or excited? Or are you just MEH?
Also, why is my cat all of a sudden shitting outside of his litterbox? His litter is clean and I haven't changed it or anything else for that matter, but he keeps shitting next to it or right behind the door.
What happened to the other dollar?
did anyone else think one of the best parts of seeing the movie, even though the movie itself was awesome, was seeing the trailer for Watchmen?
I almost peed myself.
if you didn't:
what music do you listen to while you work out? I need something new to listen to at the gym.
What kind of submarine sandwich do you like?
What kind of magazines do you like?
1. Have you ever rented a movie just because your favorite actor was in it?
2. Do the Jonas Brothers annoy you to the point of pulling out your hair, too?
Do you dream/remember your dreams?
Are you in your dreams?
Tell me about your dreams tqc! Please?
( Collapse )
How many would have to approach you before you started to wonder if you just downright looked like an evil non-believer?
2. Did you ever wish your eyes were a different color?
3. They say that Elizabeth Taylor has violent eyes. I never met a person who had violet eyes. Do you think she REALLY has violet eyes or are they just an unusual shade of blue?
2. I like my eyes but I always wondered what I'd look like with violet eyes. Never got around to ordering colored contacts though.
3. I think they're blue but the Hollywood PR people called them violet to set her apart.
Why does itunes on shuffle always play the worst songs in my library?
For example, I imagine coco_pansylooking like her Christina Ricci icon. And there are many chick TQC'ers that have icons of males and I always use male pronouns when talking about them. I cant help it! D:
So, my question is:
Do you look like the person on your icon?
Who is that on your icon?
(my answer in the comments)
(If you're unfamiliar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit - It makes sour and bitter foods taste sweet by coating your tastebuds)
My friend has some and tomorrow we're going to stuff ourselves full of it and then taste-test various stuff to see how it changes the taste. What, other than the obvious lemon, should I bring with to try?
If you could buy furniture from ONE store for your own residence/future residence, what store would you buy all your stuff from? Please note- money is not an issue.
I would love to buy everything under the sun in Crate and Barrel
Also, where did you get your furniture? I'm moving and want some cool cheap options for stuff. Pics of your digs most welcome.
What was the last page you bookmarked?
If so, what is it?
I usually wear my blessing ring around a chain on my neck, my watch, and soon a class ring.
Memphis, I went to the store, and the cheapest box was $2.49!
2)bag cereal- is it acceptable for human consumption?
3)Do you put milk on cereal?
What's the difference between shy and snobby to you? What makes you assume someone's being snobby rather than shy? Is it a certain expression? Something people say? The way they look/dress?
2. Do you have a passport? What is the last country you went to with it?
3. What is the first preset station on your car radio?
4. Have you ever seen a tornado?
5. What are your Friday evening plans?
( Collapse )
2. Anyone have any news about the next movie and who the potential villains may be? (links would be great).
having big boobs, to me, sucks because of back pain and not fitting into lots of cute clothing, but everyone i know says bigger boobs are better or wants to trade, hah
do you have any quirks you weren't aware of till someone told you?
apparently when at restaurants I shake my leg up and down, i don't know i'm doing it at all till someone tells me to stop shaking the bench/table.
Would you ever get a mullet?
(Bonus points for pictures!)
What is the meanest/most vile/terrible thing anyone has ever done/said to you?
How many states did you miss?
What state do you live in?
6:29 is my remaining time.
when making a pb&j sandwich, which bread is best?
toasted or untoasted?
peanut butter should be:
which of the following would you prefer ?
preferred flavor (of the above type)?
Which are your favorites?
Have you submitted one?
( Collapse )
If health and attractiveness concerns were not an issue, how long do you think you'd want to live?
You're a truck driver. You're driving the speed limit down a side street, when suddenly a family of 3 walks in front of you. He has a mullet, she has big hair, and their son also has a mullet, and they're all wearing NASCAR t-shirts. There's not enough time to brake, but you can swerve the vehicle, if you wish. To your left, there's 8 hoods/lowlives, crouched together, playing street craps. To your right, there's a pet adoption table, with 9 dogs and cats in cages. Who do you direct your truck at?
That was a tragic accident, but you have the means now of saving lives with your truck. You come upon a bridge that's collapsing. 3 vehicles are about to fall onto the rocks below, which is some 500 feet. In other words, certain death. Because of the way the vehicles are seesawing over the abyss, they can't evacuate. You have just enough time to tie a chain around one and pull it to safety. Below are the 3 vehicles' inhabitants. Which vehicle do you save?
Have you ever recieved a rimjob?
If so, did you like it?
What sexual act is grosser than a rimjob?
Will you post a picture of your eyes so we can see the color?
Mine look like they wanted to be green, but then look as if someone melted brown crayon on top in a spiky star-shape. They are rimmed in a grey color..someone once told me it looked as if I took an eyeliner and outlined my iris.
Most people think I wear colored contacts (they're clear) but when I was in grade 7, I did get green ones.
( Collapse )
And if you don't want to post a pic of your eyes, what normal thing creeps you out?
I am creeped out by helicopters. They remind me of giant, flying grasshoppers.
I just got off the phone with a lady from Adobe, who was Indian and I think she understood me about half as much as I understood her- Which in the way things roll. I was trying to get my serial numbers for my Creative Suite 3 through student licensing, and the sent me PC codes, and not the Mac ones. I think the third time around trying to explain my problem she understood what was going on (partly cause I am horrible at explaining something even small as that-) arleka;sglskg. Now I'm just praying that the place I had to email like she said to do will work. arg.
How does that make sense? Isn't the whole point of fat to be an extra energy reserve; why would your body sabotage healthy muscle when there's fat there to use? You'd think that would be detrimental to general survival.
I've been thinking about doing something with gift baskets and centerpieces/favors
I'm working on an associates, then I'd like to go to a better school - but should I just skip the associates & get major student loans, or should I finish the degree?
Ok, so, my roommate and I always have someone crashing/living with us. Our couch is usually occupied by acquaintances, traveling friends and random couch surfers, which is usually fine or even awesome.
However, a friend of mine is staying over now, and I can't stand her. I'm seriously losing it. She's extremely needy, immature, loud and a huge inconvenience to everyone else here. While I basically like her, she's changed a lot and is incredibly preachy, moochy and defiant of our easily respectable house rules.
She's homeless. Or "homefree," UGH. She has NO money, and flies out to San Diego in three weeks, where she'll hitch hike to San Francisco, where she flies to Hawaii on a one way plane ticket.
My roommate got her a job at a bar, where my "friend" will surely get fired because she refuses to shave her armpits.
She doesn't even flush the toilet.
1. WHAT CAN I DO?!?!?!?! I'd feel bad just like, putting her on the street but I'm seriously going to lose it.
2. Can you tell me a story about someone horrible and obnoxious you know, but sometimes like or used to like?
2. What is the worst female name? What is the worst male name?
Also, what was the last thing that made you feel uncomfortable?
If there were no threat of disease or pregnancy, and you were the best looking person in the world, would you fuck every single person that you wanted to?(ETA) Why or why not?
What strange/gross habits do your coworkers/bosses have?
How do you ride them? Do you hold on with a death grip or throw your hands in the air? Do you scream only when you're surprised or nonstop throughout the entire ride? Do you shout words? (Like "Shit!" or "I'M GOING TO DIE!").
For those of you that do not, I do not care. You don't get to answer my questions.
is it acceptable to wear SHORT THINGS to your own wedding, as in your wedding dress to be above the knee? or will people hate me?
basically i don't like long items and my friendy pal is making my dress so it can be how i'd like it to be, but i don't want people to be upset with me. i also am going to wear black socks so i want them to show.
what is your opinion on the matter in my hand?
What useless talent do you have that you think is pretty darn impressive?
What is something you've read recently that you'd recommend?
My favorite books include Time Traveler's Wife, White Oleander, Prep, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, and everything by Jodi Picoult. I don't really like biographies or nonfiction, and most fantasy or sci-fi reads awkwardly to me.
edit: did ANYONE here read the Alice Mckinley books?
2. Did you think Pearl Jam outdid everyone else? Even the original members?
3. Do you find it sad that Roger Daltrey continues to try to sing the old songs, but has turned into someone who can no longer sing? Maybe he should just do old crooning songs, rather than fast-paced screaming rock songs.
What are your plans concerning The Dark Knight?
What villains would you like to see in the next movie?
( Collapse )
Do you enter competitions?
If so, what's the best thing you've ever won?
Did you enjoy it?
How long did it last?
2 Why are clowns so creepy?
What's the last piece of office equipment you beat to a pulp?
So am I totally irresponsible and lazy and a terrible person for missing my first day of work ever?
What is the most polite way to get away from people like this when they trap you?
2. If your life was a song, what would it be titled?
3. What is a word that you commonly mis-spell?
1. Or, The Whale
2. "Fuck, I Have No Idea What's Going On"
3. misspellings. I HATE THAT WORD.
( Collapse )
2) I want to buy my brother some vinyl records; problem is, I have no idea what he would like. If I give you a list of some of his favorite artists/bands, will you give me some suggestions?
( Collapse )
I'm going to look for some of the bands listed, but I wanted to get him something "new" - to him, at least.
What should I go see tonight?
So is Ichi worth it? Have you seen it?
2) What are you up to this lovely Friday night?
3) What do you wish you were doing?
If you were here, what kind of ice cream would you give me?
Sexual innuendos encouraged.
Also, ( Collapse )
When was the last time that your parents did something totally ridiculous/mean/embarassing? Did you cry?
Is anyone going to Siren tomorrow?
SAY HI TO ME.
so... what sucks so much about working in a call center?
I finally decided to jokerfy one of mine after I saw the movie.
2. What about the way you act?
1. I've lost a considerable amount of weight and have discovered the joys of straightening my hair
2. I'm more likely to stand up for myself and have become more willing to start conversations with people I don't know well.
If you've ever seen that show or know what it's about:
Do you think you could do a dating show that ends that quickly? (not spanning over weeks having 10 or more people to choose from)
Ditch your boy/girlfriend of 5months to a year for some random person on the show like they do based on a first date?
why or why not?
(please just try to have some fun with the question, don't just bash on reality shows)
Do you know anyone with terrible breath but don't have the heart to tell them?
Do you lie when answering these questions?
If you were to put a picture of yourself from about five years ago next to a picture of you from now, which do you think would look better? What do you think makes you look better?
Box Set of Sex & the City
The Princess Bride
In Her Shoes
Which one should I watch first, at 8 pm (I'm watching L&O at the moment)? Should I get drunk on beer and make a drunken post to TQC?
2. Why do lurkers always post pics to pic posts?
3. When was the last time you had a haircut?
On my Mom's side: My grandparents names are Mary and Joseph, and my Mom was born on Christmas day. heh
I am def seeing it for Heath. Rest in peace.
I actually just watched the True Hollywood Story on Heath Ledger last night. Anyone else catch it?
It's sold out until Sunday night (which I am sure it'll sell out soon).
Should I wait until I can see it on IMAX or should I just go ahead and see it in a ~regular~ theater?
Have you seen it on IMAX??
I caught my rice on fire. -.-
I'm looking for a particular piece (The Stars and Stripes Forever by John Phillip Sousa - preferably the flute/piccolo part). All I can find for free is the piano part, which doesn't have what I need (a few specific measures of the famous piccolo solo). I'm looking for anywhere I can download this, even if I have to pay a few dollars to get it. The problem I'm running into is that I don't want to just blindly download something without knowing if it's really what I want. I understand why they don't let people preview things (because why would you need to buy it if you could see it for free), but I'm still wary of it.
So, my question is...
Have you ever downloaded sheet music? Which website did you go through? What was your experience/would you recommend it?
Or, even better... do you know of a place where I could get this for free?
What song in general will always get you grooving at a party no matter how steadfast you are against dancing?
What song or genre makes you make like a tree and leaf for the punch bowl?
ETA: If TQC was having an awkward high school prom, and someone walked in about an hour into it, assuming you had arrived and not left yet, what would you be doing?