March 31st, 2008
TQC, who should I write about? I was thinking of writing a powerful essay on why this country needs Nader as president.
Edit: I have finished my essay on Nader.
It was November, and my brother, Ben, came home from his mission (He's Mormon, I'm not, that's another story). I had been using his computer for 2 years, but he was going back to school in January with his computer. I saw that I would need a computer after he left, but if I'm getting a new one, I want it to be a Mac. I told my mom in January, "Mom, I know it might seem like I need a computer once Ben leaves, but I only want a Mac, so don't go out and buy me a computer without talking to me". She says ok.
A few weeks later, I come home from something and my mom went and bought me a computer. This is a PC. It's kind of slow, and only has 18 gigabytes of space. I've had it since December, and just yesterday, as I was downloading free stuff from iTunes, it told me that the hard drive was full. I said, ok, there are probably a couple of programs and stuff I can delete.
I ended up deleting some weird audio program that I never heard of, and now I can't play any sound on my computer. I still have iTunes, but I can't play anything. I tried re-downloading iTunes, but this didn't work. I went on YouTube, and tried to watch a video, but only the picture came up.
Does anyone know how I can fix this so I can play sound? Is there something I can download?
The hypothetical person in question is 15 years old, and has shaken their head back and forth as long as I've known them.
My mother and I thought it may be a balance issue, or a hearing loss issue.
I've tried googling this, but I'm finding mostly things for shaken baby syndrome, and Parkinson's Disease, which are both most definitely out of the picture. And I'm interested in personal responses.
A new one.
You know the kid from the Flintstones that goes BAM BAM all the time?
I am willing to donate my first child to the person who gives me a good BAM BAM icon.
2.Oh, did you like Jeepers Creepers? Why or why not?
3.What is the BEST lotion?
I made an edit.
(We spammed people's Facebook walls with the Pledge of Allegiance, but with tehat person's name, or the Fresh Prince of zbel air, but with their name in it. HUNDREDS OF POSTS. So good)
p.s. goodnight TQC I wish you good Monday
Which would you rather be?
Do you think that morning people are generally more organized people or is that a myth?
2. What was the last concert you attended...... on weeeed?
Let's say you have a Peavy Trimpuh 60 guitar amp and you want to replace the tube with one that has a really high gain modern metal tone...what tube would you have to get to acheive this goal?
What have you never done that most people have?
ETA: which three answers would an employer like to see?
What happened to you to cause this drastic switch in your living situation from where you are now?
This is effectively a school sponsored orgy.
Do you approve? Why or why not?
edit: if it's a leavening ingredient, could you use self-rising instead of all-purpose + baking soda &/or powder?
do you want a cookie (homemade tea cakes frosted with store-bought chocolate icing)?
What is your favorite Poptart flavor?
Do you like your cereal crunchy or soggy?
What is your favorite cereal?
I'm not looking for "murderer" or anything like that, but a word specific to the act of poisoning someone.
2. Do you read manga? Fave completed manga? Fave ongoing manga?
3. Do you just watch/read anime and manga or download online too?
I usually sleep around 1-2am under that condition.
And scroll down to the second post from the top. Look at the screen. Is it vibrating?
ETA: Sweet! I'm not crazy!
So, uh... what are you wearing?
what do i need to do so i can see the extension of the files on my computer?
Turning off the lights to save on electricity, having a yard sale, whoring yourself out, etc.
I am sure almost everyone has had mixed signals from someone they liked at some point. You know you meet that person and you get on very well, maybe there is some physical...lets call it "action"... and you think everything is going OK. Then suddenly that person seems more than non intrested but yet they keep giving you that flicker of hope, some sort a least.
They like you, they don't like you, they like you, they fon't like you.
So which is it and what do YOU do?
Are you that kind of person who stands up and says WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM? DO YOU FANCY ME OR NOT? Or do you just wait it out and chase after them?
Which is smarter? To chase or let them chase you? Do you read into things alot?
Do you read lemons?
If so, original ones, fandom ones, or both?
EDIT: Have you ever written one before?
if so, what are they?
For those of you that don't know, a sign-in board is basically a decorative item with the kid's name on it that friends and family come and write little messages and mazel tovs on. For the money people pay for them, most of them totally suck (those both start at $125, seriously) and others are totally awesome. I make the latter.
Anyway! What's the best/most creative/most common bar and bat mitzvah reception themes you've seen? Every boy I know did sports and every girl I know did broadway musicals. Mine was art themed. Did you or a friend have one? What was the theme?
I'm home from school with nothing to doooo.
All I did was use Photoshop yesterday, so why does my foot hurt like this when I did nothing to it?!
How well do you think you would do if God suddenly gave you all the power God wields?
Also, don't you think Morgan Freeman was the perfect person to play God?
Just for the fun of it, if you use tags in your journal, how many variations of "God" do you have in your tags and how many times have they been used?
( Collapse )
What can't you do?
I can't click my fingers, roll my tongue or whistle
I can blink my eyes at seperate times though lol
2. Turbulence - 'whatever' or 'omg fire and death!' ?
3. Are you fascinated by factoids and anecdotes about commercial aviation?
4. Tell me about your best and worst flying experiences?
5. Just gonna save for business class in future y/n?
6. Favourite airline you have flown? Shittiest?
What was the last thing that made you REALLY stupidly EXCITED?
Thanks for answering.
2)is there a chill in the air?
3)have you had haggis?
How do you get rid of them/make them stop hurting?
How was your weekend?
Will you tell me something funny that happened this past weekend?
If so, what did you think of it?
ETA: Oh yeah, I probably should have answered the questions. XD
I've seen it many, many times, and I quite adore it. I'm from Utah, so I watched it a lot when I was stuck overseas. :D
What beautiful mistakes have you made?
2. I feel like my hair is getting thin:(
Any recommendations on how to make my hair thick again?
3. Will you post a picture of your favorite book if you have one?
4. What do you hate most about mornings?
I HATE blow drying my hair.
Do you judge people by what they read? Do you look at someone's bookcase when you first go into their house?
As a corollary, do you pick and choose what books are "on display" (i.e. in common areas) in your house?
For non-readers - is there anything else you try to examine when you first go to someone's house? Medicine cabinet, for example, or refrigerator contents?
Is there anything I can do about this?
DARK. ANY DAY.
Have you ever heard the term "box" used to describe vagina? EDIT: Where are you from?
I never had, until a few days ago. Apparently it's what the Michigan UPPERS say.
Which of the following work schedules would you choose, if you could pick?
I am currently:
( Collapse )
1. When I get back from the library, should I make a piece of salmon I have with peas and rice, or pasta with some sweet Italian sausage and vodka sauce?
2. What should I get at the library, if anything? There are movies for a 3-day loan, and then mostly art books and science books. There is no fiction, but there is a bunch of reference.
3. My body is telling me to shower but my brain is telling me I have better things to do. What do I do?
why did you decided to stop eating meat? or for you vegans, everything with animal bits?
have you stopped using animal-type products all together (make-up, jello, glue, erasers, so on and so forth)?
for vegans: did you know that milk is the only thing that isn't losing it's life in order to be eaten (if you consider plants are living things)?
do you take a ton of vitamins because you are no longer eating meat and thus your body isn't getting everything it needs?
what special things do you need to get at the store? i've heard of fake bacon and fake eggs and egg whites, but what else is there?
i am asking all these questions because i cannot understand the lifestyle and those that i know in person have no flippin clue why they have changed to this particular lifestyle besides "the poor wittle animals!" so i want to know if there is some big reason, or if it is just the poor wittle animals.
do meat eaters mess with you in your every day life? or have people on the whole accepted this as your lifestyle?
do you ever wonder why people put so much stock just because you wanted to change your eating habits because YOU WANTED TO?
do you really get sick if there is a teeny about of beef in something?
My dad is in end stage renal disease and is starting dialysis soon, and his doctor is setting him up with a transplant specialist for an informational meeting. My brother, sister and I all want to get tested to see if we're matches. I'd give my kidney to my dad in a heartbeat, but aside from the info I get from Google, I don't have any personal stories of what it's like to go through the process. And we're all freaking out just a little bit. :P
2. Would you be a living kidney donor, even if it wasn't for a family member?
3. What piece of shitty health-related news have you received recently?
Let me open this post with an apology -- normally, I think my google-fu is adequate. But today it is failing me terribly, so I'm hoping one of you will be able to either google-fu the answer, or simply KNOW the answer! Here is the question:
Every year I plant a vegetable garden, and every year, I plant the same thing (peppers, tomatoes, squashes and green beans). This year I want to branch out and try planting new things -- like carrots, onions and potatoes. Do any of you know, or know how to find, the planting schedule for the North Eastern US?
suggestions? preferably ones that don't require much money.
- I will be 21-22 depending on when I move.
- I am a female.
- I like LA and San Francisco.
- I work as a massage therapist ,and I will continue to work as a massage therapist when I move With this in mind, I would like to live near an area that has a large spa/service industry (but not *that* kind of service industry, you naughty people!)
- I am willing to commute to these areas up to 30 minutes by bus. If absolutely required, I will accept a longer commute.
- I won't have a car, so I will need to live very close to a bus line.
- I will need to rent a sublet with a short term lease.
- My rent range is between $400 to $800 :( [<--slightly adjusted...again...after I realized that I'll be working more in the summer as I won't have classes]
- I am studying Chinese, and I like martial arts. I also like music. A lot. I also like Japanese culture and am overly willing to live in or around China Town or Little Tokyo...especially China Town...cos I'll need to practice.
[EDIT: I can't adjust my income, so I can't adjust my rent range any more. However, as mentioned, I am willing to take a longer commute or to rent a room in a house with a lot of people to lower the costs. Sorry, I can't adjust my range and continue to feed myself.]
What about judging how much of a right some one has to complain about something? (Example, I had a friend who would bitch that no one had a right to complain about being in pain because she had been in a car accident 5 years before that and for some reason this was always relevant... and this example is not made up)
What are your examples?
Is there some proper etiquette for this? Some clever and discreet way to ask for addresses and not have them go, hmm, my pregnant friend wants my address, they must be planning their baby shower? Those who've had babies (and showers), how did you handle this?
2) Is there any cure for "butterflies" in your tummy?
3) What is the biggest risk you've ever taken?
The second number is definitely somewhere in the US, I just don't know where.
Yet, with the +44, the first number appears to be an international call, but from where?
Anyone know where these calls (city/state/country/etc.) these calls are coming from? I'm just curious.
ETA: sorry, sorry! failure as a human. WILL YOU PLEASE PICK ONE? I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.
To your best estimation, how long did it take to heal?
Best prank you've pulled in the past? Pulled on you?
I just accidentally deleted a comment notification, and I'm just wondering if anyone ever does it on purpose. Seems like that tends to happen a lot.
Cake or death?
2)what video games systems do you own?
1)What do you take for them?
2)Do you know what causes yours?
3)Do certain things trigger them?
4)Is there anything special you do to make yours go away?
5)is there anything you HAVE to do to make yours go away?
6)Have you ever gone to the hospital for one?
( Collapse )
Neck kisses, the smell of aftershave on a man's neck, nicely dressed fellas.
2. For my cousin's high school graduation, I am planning on taking him back to New York City for 4 or 5 days. We went in June 2007 and saw the statue of liberty, Wicked on Broadway, Empire State Building, and other kinda touristy activities. Can you give me suggestions as far as new cool things to see or do this time around? Areas of the city to see, places to eat, etc?
1) favorite chain restaurants?
2) favorite snack foods?
3) favorite easy-to-make dinner recipe?
4) favorite easy-to-make dessert?
5) favorite healthy foods?
So my question TQC is, do you find that random questions that you post here pop into your life?
Also, what color are your undies today?
Would you rather have a Zero or Element deck?
What happens to your period when you start taking the pill? Like, I'm supposed to get my period April 20th, but if I start taking the pill say .. April 12th, will I get my period April 20th, or during the placebo week?
Also, cuz I'm curious, how do you pronounce New Orleans?
I can't get pass the demon wall and the walk-throughs for this fight are rather vague. Is there a trick to this I'm not aware of?
What is the last console game you've played?
Does it matter if it's a public/private bathroom?
Does it matter if you're doing number 1 or number 2?
I mean I'm assuming he didnt come to me about it first because "its none of his business" but I just found out from a couple sources that he told some other employees. This is really bad because my boyfriend works at the same company, and now everyone thinks I cheated on him.
(And yes, I know that I put this on myself because I shouldnt have gone into any guys room in the first place, but whatever, I did, and I can't take it back.)
If not, do you know anywhere reasonable to get an eye exam without insurance?
2- What happened last night?
3- What are you doing right now?
1- 6:30 tonight. I want to see my spawn rolling around in my gut!
2- I'm still not sure, it was so hazy.
3- Watching 'Without a Trace' and considering how to while away the next 4 hours.
ALSO your shirt isn't long enough to cover AND you don't have a jacket or anything.
(For me, I'd say cooking. I make some damn good food and I know it, but I fucking hate being watched... it makes me nervous)
Yes, this guy I know has been pining after a girl for 2 years and I'm pretty damn tired of his wrist-cutting over it at this point.
- If so, have you ever considered giving them a "friendly little nudge" in that direction?
They were both tipsy a few nights ago and I was so close to leaning over to her and saying how bad he wants to do her, but that would definitely ruin his chances and I'm not quite that mean.
- What do you think of people who fall madly in love with someone else for years and never act on it?
Are you interested in this movie?
What's something that you think should've happened a long time before it actually did?
1) Whats your favorite face wash? I don't need anything too hardcore, just something to keep the few zits I'm getting now at bay.
2)Whats for favorite moisturizer?
3)Should I start wearing foundation or something?
I'm looking for something Wondermark-esque. Here is an example (scroll down a tiny bit to the framed posters).
Help me out! What should each of these prints be captioned with? The funnier the better, though if it's interesting enough it doesn't necessarily have to be lol-worthy. ;)
I don't mind mild potty or sexual humor, but nothing terribly graphic, please. No drug jokes.
( Collapse )
What are some of the dumbest song lyrics you've ever heard?
Edited because puncation is hot and to long sentences aren't.
- how well did you do?
- did you get a First, or the equivalent?
- How in the hell do I get a first? My final exams are coming up and I have to boost my current grade by 2%. I am trying, believe me.
- Any tips? I also take ridicule, k thanks.
Edit: and by First, I mean First Class Honours (>70%), which doesn't sound too hard, but only ~10% of students achieve it.
TY for the responses
Which are your favorite?
Do they remind you of summer?
What reminds you of summer?
(Besides things like heat, swimming...)
There's a natural disaster heading your way. Mother Nature comes down and picks you to pick what your country endures for a year- either a flood or a drought. Both will be severe. You can only pick a flood or drought- nothing else. You'll have a year to prepare and get everyone and everything ready. Animals will not be harmed. You will also have an endless amount of money to use for getting ready. Once a year is through, everything in the environment will miraculously go back to normal (all the plants that were there will grow again with no problem, the weather will go back to normal, etc.). So which do you pick?
ETA: The damage at the end of the year will go away, no matter if it's flood or drought. There will be no consequences after the year is up.
Though, this morning she called me and was being a huge bitch about nothing so I told her to forget it and I'll see her in three weeks.
It's only 3pm and it's a 40 minute ($7) train ride. Should I go? Will you guilt me into going?
2. Did your family vacation anywhere particular over the summer?
2. What is something you have to do on a some what regularly basis that you absolutely hate doing?
- A position paper on the conflicting theories concerning the mechanism of neural adaptation to stretching and the possible implications of said adaptation to muscle injury in young athletes.
(It only needs to be about 2500 words but I'd like the first draft back to me by Sunday)
- Teach me everything there is to know about t-cell and b-cell development for my Immunology exam because honestly I can't be bothered to read the book anymore. :(
- I'd also like a paper on Hantavirus for my honors seminar, I can provide you with the research articles and it only needs to be 3 pages long so that's not bad at all!!!
- We're doing alkyne reactions in O-Chem so if you could do about 20 problems from chapter 10 of Organic Chemistry by Silverthorne that would be great, just let me know who wants to do it
And to make this relevant, what is the most annoying assignment/project you've had to do this semester?
That position paper will be my worst one.
You notice shippo (or some other mod) posts a thread titled:
TQC meetup antendees (actually TQC party attendees)... the free stuff you will get...
( Collapse )
Note: In the version shippo posts there will be a question about ponies, but I edited it out.
on a scale of 1-10 (10 being extremely rude/1 being very sweet) how would you rate the people you who've called you declaring they have the wrong number?
(sorry if this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, if it doesn't I'll attempt to clarify)
has anyone else been watching baseball today?
should I do homework or force myself to sleep?
Also what's a movie that totally confused the hell out of you the first time you saw it but you ended up really loving it?
(I don't really care either way, I just find it curious...don't see many guys doing that...why would you?)
Why did you use it?
How did it make you feel?
Did it work?
AND IT'S THE PERFECT TIME BECAUSE I'VE BEEN HAVING THE SHITTIEST WEEK!
WHAT EXCITING NEWS HAVE YOU GOT LATELY?!
I am writing a research paper on it and having trouble coming up with a topic on the character of Jay Gatsby, any suggestions?
Which would you prefer as far as a date/SO is concerned?
Someone with an average face and good body*
Someone with good face and average body*
*Plastic surgery and/or living at the gym isn't an option for them. What you pick is what they will continue to have.
-Mine is Peach. I like the way she floats.
What's your favorite game to play in general? I love The Sims. Nothing can top it.
My one day off, and my power went out first thing in the morning.
I went outside to take photos and it started raining.
My dog got sick all over the floor.
I dropped my phone in water so now it won't work.
1. What has gone wrong today for you?
I have to make a bulletin board by 10pm tonight and I am all out of ideas. What were some that you really liked?
the words are all so big, that I am having trouble with the reading :(
2. Do you tell people the truth or what they want to hear?
Have you had any crazy dreams?
Want me to try and interpret them with my crazy witch like skills?
eta: promise to interpret later, must be off.
What should I say to him next time I see him and the subject of this story of events comes up?
(needing a laugh - seemingly a lot lately - so non-serious answers always appreciated!)
2. Can you reach me one? They're in the bottom of the hallway closet.
3. Hello. Hellooooo. Hello? I know you're there. Just get me a damn roll of toilet paper, will you? Hellooooooooooooooooo.
2. I remember a game for the old Apple II. It was 3 games on 1 floppy. One where you use advertising signs to sell tomato plants, one where you run a lemonade stand, and another business sim. What was this game, and where could I find these games on the web to play? Maybe on an emulator? You know, for nostalgia?
3. Why the fuck do they call them casualties? I don't see anything casual about getting your shit ruined in battle.
• Nearby locations: some parks, many New England streets, some waterfront but it's far away, various eating places, my house, other people's houses.
• Available products: kitchen stuff, bedroom stuff, a lot of paint, casting materials, a bag full of fabric samples, and a lot of clothing that could possibly be costumes.
• Available people: me, my roommate, strangers in the street, probably a bunch of my friends.
What should I film?
Does it involve getting naked?
P.S. THIS IS NOT HOMEWORK I AM NOT IN SCHOOL
2 - How long did it take from starting lessons to passing your test?
3 - What stuff is in your car at the moment?
4 - Should I get my sexy new car before I pass my driving test with the hope of getting someone to take me out and give me some lessons or just wait til I have passed my test and then get it?
When I get mad at anyone remotely actractive I get almost uncontrollably horny. The hotter they are, typically male but occasionally female, the hornier I get! There is a guy I work with that irritates me quite often, unknowingly making me want him more and more.
So, serious or not, what would you call this? Also, I'm not the only one, am I?
(I apologize if this is formatted weird, I'm updating from my blackberry and I can't help it)
2. Does your internet usually go out in bad weather?
3. Do you usually turn your computer off in bad weather, or risk it?
( Collapse )
What should I do to celebrate?
Mine are 'Totally" and "Separate."
( Collapse )
I always make sure the side with more seasoning is on on tongue.
2. What is your favorite potato chip?
3. Do you put potato chips in your sandwiches?
4. What is you ULTIMATE comfort food? Will you post a picture of if?
2) What's the longest movie you've ever seen? If you know, how long is it?
3) What do you think is the most awkward mainstream movie scene to watch with your in-laws? youtube links are a +