What do you have due for homework? Assuming you have homework.
I'm so dumb :(
What about a CD you play?
What's the point of eating if you can't taste all the delicious foods?
Do you have any communities that you lurk in, even if you know they're beyond help?
Do you have a spouce or girlfriend/boyfriend on your LJ flist?
(Trufax: This is happening at my old college right now. I'm rolling my eyes at all the upset students.)
I love absinthe, but my lil bro doesn't like being around me when I'm drinking it because I tend to turn loud & obnoxious (probably because I drink Fairy Bombs, which is absinthe with energy drink).
So I need another alcoholic beverage. I love bourbon but am getting sick of it at the moment. I hate rum & scotch & most pre-mixed vodkas are too fruity/sweet for my liking. I also dislike wine/champagne. Oh, plus I usually only drink beer when I'm in the mood for it.
So can anyone recommend a good drink that's reasonably priced?
( Collapse )
2. If you HAD to destroy any country in the world, like totally nuke the shit out of it, which country would you pick?
Have you ever been to a UEFA Champions League game?
Have you ever been to the state of Virginia? If so, what did you think of it?
How long did it take for you to make your decision?
Can you tell me a story about a horrible classmate you've had?
( Collapse )
TQC, when is the last time you found yourself liking something embarassing? what song is your current guilty pleasure?
Thanks to meerasedai for the idea. I have a medium nonfat hazelnut latte, extra hot. And it's yum!
2. What do you get when you go to a coffee shop?
3. If you don't drink coffee,
i'm debating whether to get an hp all in one (which i currently have without the wifi part) or a lexmark. the lexmark is cheaper, but the reviews are really mixed on it.
Will you complete this sentence?
If I had _____ for every time ________ then I'd ________________.
How about these?
When I was your age, _________________.
Solutions for a small _____________.
Hungry? Why Wait. Grab a ______________.
Get the door -- It's _____________.
Come see the softer side of ________________.
(some of these courtesy of the surrealist )
Me: about 9.
2. Short, chubby ladies -- where do you find your non-jean pants? Do you buy them at the trendy stores and then get them hemmed or is there a special store that you got to?
No on believes that I get fuzzy brain but I do. *it's much harder to read things, write things,etc when my brain is all fuzzy*
2)what do you think of people selling products to raise awareness?
He's gotten quite stupid over the last few months, he just stares at the floor. Not a big problem. He also seems to poop in his sleep. We have tile floors, so, while that is just nasty and a pita, its not THAT big of a deal.
Here's the problem...
HE'S LICKING UP HIS OWN PEE!!
he has a water bowl in the house and one outside, both are always full. He pees outside, then licks it up.
my question is this: WTF??????
all his bloodwork came back FINE... so, thequestionclub, what's wrong with my dog?
2. when you wipe your butt after you poop, do you look at the toilet paper to see what it looks like?
3. what are you going to be doing while i'm slaving away at work today?
4. when was the last time you masturbated?
Does it really make a college more appealing to prospective students when they change their name?
If you were going to rename a college what would you call it?
My question is... what exactly are those two partying so heavily about?
If everytime someone hurt you emotionally were reflected as scars on your heart, whether little scratches or deep wounds, what would it look like?
Who was the last person to hurt you like that?
DO YOU HAVE A CUBICLE OR AN OFFICE?
HAVE YOU DECORATED YOUR CUBICLE OR OFFICE?
WHAT KIND OF THINGS DO YOU DISPLAY IN YOUR CUBICLE OR OFFICE?
(BE SPECIFIC AND OF COURSE, PHOTOGRAPHS OF SAID CUBICLE/OFFICE ARE ENCOURAGED!)
If so, how long do I have to live? It's the size of a peach, so I'd say not long.
Have I offended/upset anyone because you or someone you know has cancer? :(
WHY would you buy a pair of pants WITHOUT pockets?
I'd put pockets in my underwear if I could....
Do any of you remember what the CD was called? Wacky wonders or something like that. I really want to find it for my small types to have fun too.
In this post, out of curiosity:
For those of you who answered yes and didn't specify, what part of who you used to be do you miss most?
For those who said no, what change has come about that you are most pleased with?
What professions do you have the most respect for?
What medical profession do you have the most respect for?
How much respect do you have for an EMT or a Paramedic?
It would be really excellent if you could elaborate on your answers. :-)
One day, you accidentally step on your single pair and break them. Is this grounds for calling into work? What if you're calling off in order to have somebody pick you up to buy a new set?
2. Has anyone had any personal experience or anything you'd like to share with owning a GM-made Saab (1995-now?)
3. Would you be interested in buying a 2004 black Volvo XC90 with almost 58,000 miles, near-perfect specimen for only $20,000? Edit: You can bargain if you want. The car is currently in New York, but I am willing to split some shipping costs.
i raised a kitten, and while i don't have a ton of pictures, i got several very amusing pictures. people have told me i need to make them into lolcats, but i look at them and try to make them lolcats and my mind goes blank.
here's the pictures i think would be good for it.
( Collapse )
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TURN THESE ADORABLE PICTURES INTO LOLCATS FOR ME?
Or for those of you who are grown up, what do you do?
Im in college and im trying to figure out what i want to do with the rest of my life.
I also need a new job. Where should i work? i need to make at least $12 an hour.
Have you seen Children of Men? Do you think the world is really going to end up like that?
What do you think the world will be like in 50 years?
I cannot tell Carmen because she is very dramatic and would (1) leave Jessica nasty messages, (2) cry like a baby for a week or so, and (3) never ever want Jessica anywhere near her again.
I want to send the boy a message, telling him NOT TO TELL CARMEN at all costs what went down. But also, I'd like to reprimand him for being so insensitive - he knows she really likes him, and he's always after her to hook up. (to which she has more than once acquiesced)
Can I do this? or is it essentially none of my business?
I'm at a loss here, I rarely deal with issues like this.
What are you procrastinating?
Right now my hair is mostly brown with some flecks of gray here and there. But when I was young, I was a very light blond.
2. What kind of dwelling do you live in? (apartment, house, dorm, etc.)
3. What is the last text message you received?
4. What is the last text message you sent?
Do you ever feel like your friends don't actually like you?
Do you like the book The Giving Tree?
Do you have any suggestions? Or perhaps a theme from the nominated movies that I can incorporate (besides milkshakes)? Keep in mind he's a lacto-ovo vegetarian...
Who/what movie do you think will win an Oscar tomorrow night?
Do you have eye coverage on insurance?
Where is a cheap, but good place to buy glasses(they will be worn for vision, not reading)?
Is there anything in particular you'd do with them?
I have a Toshiba Satellite M105-S3004. Has anyone else had this problem with this laptop?
It just happened out of the blue. I was going to try and update the drivers but I can't find anything.
ETA: Assume you dont need the money for anything but spending cash.
2) What(vegetarian/vegan stuff) should I buy at Whole Foods when I go?
Have you seen Coming to America?
If no, why not?
What movies are people surprised you've never seen before?
1) Should I be excited, and if so, how much?
2) How should I celebrate tonight? I have to go watch a movie on child soldiers later but I'm free afterwards.
3) Have you ever attempted to get something published? Was it successful? I like details.
4) Do you prefer Spring Training or the Postseason?
2. Every time I make plans with some people I usually am excited about following-through until the day of the plans and then I just want to cancel and stay at home. Does this ever happen to you? Do you cancel or do you follow-through? (I'm going to follow-through but I'll probably keep it short)
3. What is your favorite folk song?
4. Have you ever tried to go on a detox diet and how did that work out for you?
Do any of you play The Sims 2 Castaway?
What is it like? My husband and I have been trying to figure this out and the website is really confusing and contradictory.
Do you still get to make your own Sims, or are they provided for you?
I understand that it isn't an expansion pack of the regular Sims 2 - it is a separate game... so... what are the major differences?
do you have a song stuck in your head right now? what is it?
if you could have been raised from birth in any other place in the world, where would that be?
what phrase or word do you think is overused on livejournal?
how is your day going?
1. When replying to "What do you want to teach?", this one girl raises her hand and says "I want to teach Kindergarten, because it's the easiest grade to teach and the kids are cute and all you have to do is color and make bulletin boards and man, it's just really easy!". About ten other girls in the room put their hands down because they had the same exact response. What is it about Kindergarten that seems so easy? Does nobody understand that Kindergarten is quite possibly the hardest grade to teach?
2. We were discussing discrimination and racism in the classroom when I heard this gem. "I know that, like, black people have their own month and stuff? I was thinking maybe we could, like, give every race their own month? But white people could, like, have like two, because they've, like, done more stuff than any other race?" Is this girl going to die early in a pit of fire along with the others in the room who agreed vehemently?
3. You have to apply for the cohort in order to start officially student teaching. There are about 40 spots and usually about 120 applicants. Will half of these girls ever possibly make it in? I used to be afraid the chances of my being accepted were low, but I'm not so sure any more.
4. What's the most ignorant/racist thing you've heard someone say lately?
2) What would you like to see happen in the final episode ever of The Simpsons?
3) If you could have any part of your looks changed what would it be?
Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla icing and pink sprinkles = win, Y/N?
I have gallstones and I can't exactly remove my gallbladder atm (or anywhere in the near future, as that costs $$$), but my 21st bday is coming up in May. I'm not really a drinker but I want to go all out on that night. Does anyone know if I drink a lot - or a little - will I go into a gallstone attack?
I've checked webmd. :( I'm also getting mixed reviews from looking at various websites from google. Thanks!
I won't ask about the worst, we all know it's Temple of Doom.
I'm a sophomore in college. I only have 3 somewhat close friends here. If I stay in all weekend, I feel like maybe I'm missing something. If I got out (like I have for the past two nights) I just want to be home because I don't feel like I fit in with people I meet.. and I feel worse and more lonely for the next few days. The only time I am truly happy is when I go home or my parents come here.
1. Is it okay, or even preferable, that I remain standoffish and go through college without the typical experiences, or should I try to force myself to make more friends?
2. How was the college social experience for you?
3. Do you feel more ready for the world because of how you handled your free-time in college?
4. Steak, chicken, or fish?
The Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus "Best of Both Worlds" Concert Tour
2.What did you think of it?
I thought it was pretty good. The Jonas Brothers are pretty damn fine, so that didn't hurt.
3. What is the most recent really embarrassing thing you've done, and then found out that someone was watching you?
My friend and I were parked in my driveway, listening to the Across The Universe soundtrack and dancing in the car. Then, we looked up, and three of my brothers friends are watching us. Two of them are EXTREMELY sexy football players, might I add. We started laughing so hard, because we wanted to disapear....
Is it because I STILL have no car and have to get my mother to pick me up from work as if I am 15 again?
What HD carrier do you have?
Do non-HD channels look good on an HD TV with an HD converter box? I've seen regular cable hooked up to HD TV's and it looks like crap. I know there's going to be boxes, but how is the picture quality otherwise for standard signals?
What would you call your autobiography?
What was the last dessert type thing you baked?
Mine: This is for Real by Motion City Soundtrack
What is your favorite salty food?
Should I cook dinner or order in?
If it makes a difference, if I cook I'll probably have tacos, and if I order food, I'm not sure what I'd get, so suggestions for that, too?
I know it's not good to make generalizations, but I know a guy who is in his late 20s that is very concerned with his tummy/spare tire (which must be minimal because I can't see anything) and says his hair is thin (but it is very soft!) and he always wears a hat because of it. What is up with that? I mean, obviously low self-esteem but it just seems so strange to me because I'm not used to guys being so obsessed with things like this.
What degree do you have or are you currently pursuing?
I'm working on a Masters of Science in Justice, Law, and Society with a concentration in Justice and Public Policy.
One thing that I found and decided to list on Craigslist was this 10th Anniversary Beanie Baby. I left it as a "make an offer" ad, but to be honest I have no idea what this thing might be worth. I was never a Ty collector and looked around on Google a bit, but I figured that someone here might have an idea of what would be a reasonable price to take.
Edit: I found this listing on Ebay, so maybe it's not worth anything. IDK.
UNRELATED: What'd you do today?
Do you want advice on it?
are you a picky eater?
So, Mac, Final Cut Pro users....
Where on your body would you put the tattoo?
1a. what kind of milk do you buy?
2. what's for dinner? i need some dinner-spiration.
3. what kind of hair conditioner do you use? what's your hair type?
3a. i have thick, long wavy hair. do you have any recommendations for me that aren't too expensive?
4. i'm in a mood to download/watch a romantic comedy. which one should i watch?
5. how are you?
even if it may be a failure, is it worth one more try?
A reoccuring problem is pain in my right hand after I've been hacking away for awhile (yes, I am right handed). I am wearing gloves. It's overall cramping and pain in the hand especially the fingers. It mostly goes away later in the day. This morning I did trail work for about 3 hours and the only part of my hand that hurts is my middle finger between the knuckle and the first joint.
Any idea what the problem might be (arthritis? but I'm only 26...) or how to prevent the pain from occuring?
When you cook something for the first time, do you follow the recipe to the letter?
When was the last time you tried to make something new?
What is one dish you make WAAAY better than anyone else?
What is one thing you can not make well, no matter how you try?
What was the last thing you cooked?
What makes a person feel old (besides age)? Do you feel old?
If "you are not as fat as you imagine," how fat are you?
I wasn't able to go out today and get black pants that are not jeans for my new job tomorrow!
But I do have brand new black skinny jeans!
Tomorrow, I'm just filling out paper work and getting some training. Do you think it'll be okay if I wear my black jeans seeing as I have no other black pants? (It'd only be for tomorrow, because I'd be able to get a ride to the mall tomorrow.)
What about favorite Disney tv show (including all the cartoons)?
Are they both proper English?
Did you take it? How do you think your life would have ended up differently if you'd hadn't?
2/ How many years do you expect to be in school, working for your degree/s?
3/ Where did you/will you be interning?
4/ If you could open up a business, what would it be?
1/ I finish a Print Journalism degree next month and will start working through a BA in Communications - Media and Culture and a minor in French.
2/ 6 years
3/ Canadian Cancer Society
4/ I really want a used bookstore.
Why am I so clumsy?
what about on a purse?
a pair of jeans?
Pictures are the best!
Can you really keep a secret?
( Collapse )
Every time I see one it usually looks like a lot of...crap, honestly, by people named Ravendream Silverwolffoxkitten and they look more like money makers than anything. There are also a shit-pile of them out there. I suppose that I'm kind of looking for stuff about its history and ties to ancient religions. But also how beginners can start practicing it at home.
ETA: I guess I kind of forgot I was posting to the Question Club, so please...serious answers only, if you can manage...
From Derrick Jensen
1) Does your group have a Karen or are you the Karen?
2) Why are they (or you) in the group?
3) When you use the restroom, do you sing to let yourself know that you have washed your hands long enough or do you just count to 30?
3b) If you sing, what do you sing?
4) If you have AIM, do you allow people to see when you're typing or did you disable that feature?
Edited to correct HTML.
2. What are some benefits of soy milk compared to 1 or 2% milk?
are you going to watch the oscars?
Do you ever feel randomly just HUNGRIER than normal?
What do you eat when you're in that sort of mood?
Will you share your horror stories of getting a cavity filled so I can expect the worst? Or, is getting a cavity filled not bad at all?
Explanations are welcome, too.
If not, what's the cheapest way to travel around the US. I was thinking the train like Amtrack or buses.
What is your most recent purchase?
I bought a ton of stuff today: shampoo, conditioner, candy, tweezers, books, ice skates and shoes. The last three items were all thrifted.
Are they hooker shoes?
So TQC, will you tell me some stories about your encounters with creepy/inappropriate teachers?
( Collapse )
2. i should heat up a frozen pizza y/y? what extra toppings should i put on it to make it interesting? all it has is cheese and pepperoni so far.
3. if you type your name into google, what is the first image that pops up?
( Collapse )
I was thinking about volunteering at the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Anthropology and Archaeology this summer for some extra learnings and to beef up the resume. I was wondering what peoples experiences were like.
Does anyone know what post I'm talking about / know the guy they mentioned?
If not, recommend a good male comedian and perhaps it will be him.
Do you swear in front of your parents?
What are you favorite/most used "replacement" curses? Like 'holy cow,' 'oh my gosh,' etc.
Edit: Because I forgot to ask before, what about the tip? How does that work?
I r stewpid. :(
( Collapse )
Do you like pilates?
What did you have for supper?
What's something on your mind?
I already had dinner, but now we have a friend over and we're drinking and I kinda want a taco. Or french fries.
ETA: It's not which one I should go to, but should I go at all?
ETA: Gone, and back! Taco Bell, got chalupas, am satisfactorily greased out. And also, I'd only had one beer when I left. I wanted to go get food before I got all drunk.
Do you think you will spank your children?
What is the worst that could happen?
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Do you freaking love Tina Fey?
I don't understand what I love so much about her. What do I love so much about Tina Fey?
(Serious & non-serious answers welcome.)
Just gimme some kind of sign girl
Oh, my baby
To show me that you're mine, girl
( Collapse )
It uses about five minutes of your time.
Will you please tell me your results?
I showed "Little to no preference towards European Americans and African Americans"
What are your thoughts of racial preferencing?