My sister and I are excellent at relaxing, resting, napping and sleeping well. We think there's no skill more desirable. Are you a good self-soother?
What are you regretting right now?
What is your greatest aspiration right now?
Movie that raped/will rape your childhood the most?
2) Do you think you're going to be with your current SO for the rest of your life?
3) When was the last time you flew?
4) Where did you go?
5) Which airport did you fly out of and in to?
6) How long was your flight delayed, if at all?
7) What was the reason?
Any TQCers live in Rhode Island?
Do you make a year in review post around New Years time?
A thestral is described as having "blank, white, shining eyes," a "dragonish face", "long, black manes", "great leathery wings", and the "skeletal body of a great, black, winged horse"
If you don't mind saying, which of you would see a thestral?
Pretend that you have a significant other, if you don't.
You significant other doesn't seem to want to spend time with you (either that or he/she is very neutral about it) on New Year's Eve. Are you offended? How offended?
Who has better burritos? Taco Bell? Chipotle? Qudoba? Some other place?
Do you do college DECA? How do you like it?
Over the course of my life, I have noticed people's hair. When I was in middle school, the "in" thing to do was have these chin-length type hair cuts and all the popular girls had shorter hair. Now that I'm in college and live in a different state, it seems like all the girls I know (especially popular girls who care about what's "in" or not) have long hair past their shoulders. In fact, hardly any girls have shorter hair and it's been that way for a while.
I. What could account for this startling phenomenon?
My main question: I've always wondered if it was the fact that younger girls are expected to have shorter hair, or was it just the 90's versus the 00's?
Or could both be just a regional thing?
II. Have any of you noticed this, or other weird hair trends?
III. If you're a female, do you have long or short hair and why? (You can answer this if you're a guy, too, but it won't be as relevant, sadly.)
My answer: I've got short hair because long hair seems more elegant to me, and I'm not an elegant person. Although I think I'm growing it out soon for the sake of variety before I chop it off again.
Would you ever eat sushi with a raw quail egg on top?
Yes and yes
When you are taking a dump, do you push the toilet paper in under you from the right side or the left side? Why? If you are at a public place or a friends house, how do you cope with the TP being on the other side?
Edit: Tell me something interesting that goes through your head when using the bathroom.
This has probably been asked already. But try to think of one new year's resolution. Just one.
I made this one last year, but it just seems kind of key:
Check my dayplanner at least 2-3X a week.
(Every day didn't work so well..)
And by the way, good luck, this is going to be the year we actually keep them.
I'm trying to recall the name of a movie...
It was an animated movie of the 90's about a little girl who received a gold ring from her grandmother that helped her get out of danger by guiding her with a golden thread projecting from the ring itself.
She is captured by some underground creatures and is asked to marry one of the leaders but needs to escape and does so by using the ring's thread to guide her out. She also had a great singing voice; singing drove the creatures back.
Does anyone remember the name of this movie? This is driving me crazy.
mine is August Burns Red - "Messengers"
Should I take notes on a laptop or by hand in notebook this coming semester?
laptop pros: I can type faster and thus record more information
laptop cons: I don't really listen to the professor as much
writing pros: I write slower and am forced to extract more main ideas than supporting details, which might prove more useful?
writing cons: I write slower and might miss something I would have caught if I were typing.
How do you take notes and study?
Last time someone asked for desktops someone posted a really cool Hi-Res Mario 3(i think) level wallpaper I forgot to save. I searched but could not find the post!
Do you and your spouse both drive? Do you each have your own car? If you only have one car between the two, who drives the most? Do you know how to drive? Would you feel better if you had two cars?
Does "suggested museum price" mean that you don't have to pay the full admission? Does that mean you can pay how much you want to?
I know when I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, I paid like, a dollar. But the Natural History Museum's suggested price is $22, so I'm wondering if it's the same kind of deal.
2. What do you usually say when you're surprised or shocked? For example,when you accidentally drop something to the floor or when your friend scares you from behind etc.
I tend to say "fuck" and I seriously need to change that.
2.Is anyone here going to be alone on New Year's Eve?
3.How many times have you been to court? What for?
4.Has anyone here NEVER done something that they cuold be arrested for?
A: Refresh your friend's page through out the day to see what new questions pop up and answer right then and there.
B: Let the questions build up and then come to the community page and answer all the questions at once.
My uncle-in-law is 6'9", and his oldest son is the tallest of the two, but not quite as tall as him.
let me tell you internet, I have a difficult temperament.
what resolutions can you keep?
I promise to work hard and then crash. I will bitch after this happens. Much to the chagrin of all, I will sleep for a week.
is kirby from the nintendo games really a guy?
(Either when you were really young like five and ran away to the back yard, or fifteen because of whatever reason. Those are just examples.)
How was it?
- What's the best way to make pasta salad?
- Do you prefer soda in cans or bottles?
- Where is my car? It's not outside my house.
Did you have to pack a lunch today?
I brought a turkey sandwich on wheat bread and a tangelo.
What'd you bring?
How many tries did it take you to beat level 12?
Is there any real strategy to this game or is it mostly just luck?
My friend beat level 12 in one try last night after I'd been going at it for like 10 mins. It made me so mad!
Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Since that question's already answered,
what is the last piece of computer software you downloaded?
What are you doing New Years Eve?
I'm going to my friends who I haven't seen in 6 months tonight!
Tomorrow, we're walking around First Night Boston.
Why do people order things we don't have? It's not on the menu, why are you ordering it?
Do you like Spaghetti-os?
What's your favorite:
2 AM. I was on AIM.
What time did you wake up today?
Are you missing anybody right now?
2. Have you played any of the variations of Monopoly?
3. What is your favorite piece to play with (of the classic ones)?
4. What is your favorite property?
1. Last night!
2. My sister owns Michiganopoly, the U of M version. I want to do a make-your-own version someday.
3. the iron!
4. either Marvin Gardens or St. James Place
Best Will Smith movie? Pick the one you think he was best in
Best Drew Barrymore movie? Pick the one she was best in
Best Tom Cruise movie? Pick the one he was best in
You know why they always complain about "games"? Because guys that play games are the ones they always fall for. And the guys that don't, are the ones they can more easily control.
Agree or disagree?
2. If you could give yourself a nickname, what would it be?
3. What would you chnage your name to if you could?
1. I have no nicknames :(
2. VJ, Jay
3. Nicola Jones
what should i bring to his house to keep me busy? he only has broadcast tv and no internet.
I want to tell someone that my mum delivered a baby last night in a car, and that I was also on the TV last night.
EDIT: for the interested, it was her friends daughter. No one believed that her waters had actually broken, eventually they went to the hospital [ I think my mum went just for the ride] and the baby sort of dropped into her jogging bottoms about 5 minutes down the road! My mum used to be a nurse and my brother was born in a similar way.
2. If Jesus returned today, would he eat at Burger King or McDonalds?
3. Do Kosher hot dogs really taste better?
Would you, if you didn't have other things that had to be done?
I'm seriously contemplating it. Today has not gone well.
( Collapse )
I'm thinking about taking the Metra in from the suburbs to Chicago during the day of New Years Eve to see my parents, but am trying to figure out what schedule will apply that day. Is NYE considered a holiday, or will it run on the regular weekday schedule? When I go to their website they post a few extra trains that are running outbound that day, but don't say if the rest of the regular schedule is considered a "regular day" or not. Is it just New Years Day that's a holiday?
Ok, and for something more interesting.
I'd like to get lunch downtown if I go into the city, because I miss non-chain restaurants. For those of you familiar with Chicago, what's your favorite restaurant, and where in town is it? Best items on the menu?
My favorite place to go is Greektown but I'd like to try some new stuff.
1) What do you think about people who hug someone that they've only known for an hour and will probably never see again?
2) If your whole neighborhood was invited to a neighbors house, these neighbors are your immediate neighbor but you don't know their names, how would you say goodbye when you leave (wave, handshake, hug)?
3) At said party, would you take a plate of food to go before the host asks you to take a plate home?
4) How would you react if someone told you their life story right after you meet them (sharing where you work, where you were born, when you got married, etc.) and you will probably never see them again?
5) If the person who told you their life story was the same person who hugged you goodbye an hour after meeting them, would you go out of your way to keep your distance from them if you were to ever meet again or would you just accept and appreciate the person's outgoingness?
Do you go for similar or different pets after losing one?
-My bunny died when I was 17 (he was 5). Three and a half years later I got another. All of my current bunnies look and act very different from each other and from my first bunny.
-My grandparents got a pet-store puppy who'd been given his shots too early. They got another, similar looking dog the same day that he died. Fourteen years later, that dog died and they waited 18 months before getting another one. The first was a white-ish lhasa, the second a bichion, and the current a shih-tzu/bichion mix (she has a bichion nose but shih tzu paws).
-My sister had a bichion who died when she was less than 2 of kidney failure. Three years later, she got a chihuahua.
-We have 4 dogs at my house. My shih-tzu (11) and my mum's lhasa (13) are being put to sleep n Jan 2. My sister moved out but her chihuahua (2) and cockerspaniel/poodle mix (6) live here. Shandy (shih-tzu) was the first and only dog to be truly mine. It will be a long time before I'm ready for another dog but when I get one it will be very different- a boxer or lab most likely.
2. Do you ever hide food so other people in your house won't eat it?
3. What's the last thing you photoshopped?
What is your favorite boba?
2.How many people have you had sex with?
3.How old are you now?
If you do, do you wear them out in public?
What are the most common things that stain your clothes?
1. Do you often made to-do lists?
I do. It makes me feel better when I get to cross stuff off.
2. In general,Pens or Pencils?
3. What is your favorite kind of cookie?
I'm boring-chocolate chip
- What kind of questions will be asked on TQC in the year 2028?
- What makes you angry?
I had a dell, and hadn't had any problems until now...
(I'd have to say universal remotes. Every remote we have is a "universal" remote...but we have four all in one room.)
eta because there wasn't a question
Mine are Bambi, Alice in Wonderland, Marry Poppins, The Lion King, The Sword in the Stone and Fantasia.
1. should i buy a party tray or make my own? if i make my own, i'm going to get grapes, apples, caramel dip, pretzels, and cheese and some crackers, i think. ideas, suggestions?
2. inexpensive champagne suggestions? i'm going to kroger if that makes a difference. i had something really good from there last year but i don't remember what it was. i remember mom saying she thought i wouldn't like it, though.
3. has anyone ever made their own wine glass markers?
Do you not mind when they correct your spelling/pronunciation/grammar or does it bug you to no end?
Do you think different regional dialects/pronunciations of certain words are annoying or do they add spice to life?
Kitty-corner or catty-corner?
I have a friend who's an editor and, I don't think she means to do it, but she can't turn off her bad grammar radar. She has to point out every little mistake she finds in articles, on billboards, in e-mails, etc. It drives me bonkers sometimes.
Do you prefer to give or get the number? I prefer the former, but my co-worker's almost as shy as I am.
What are your favorite drinks? Bonus points if you can tell me how to make them so I don't have to Google it.
2. Were you ever defered when applying to college? Did you end up getting in?
3. Who would you like to see go to the Super Bowl?
4. What will you be doing in 2008?
What ice cream and topping combos do you like from there?
edit: I got chocolate devotion, yumyum. :]
TQC, what do you think about boys wearing cover up for their acne?
Is it really that much different than girls using it?
Would you call a guy out who was wearing foundation?
( Collapse )
if i were to get more, what color(s) should i get? they had teal, black, red, brown, light pink, and dark green.
EDIT: thanks, you guys! i've decided: i'm going to back in a bit and get them in black, brown and teal!! YAY. i'm so excited.
EDIT2: i realized that the teal color was actually kind of blah, and i already have the blue one, so i got black, brown and dark green. they are from kohl's.
What is a cheap way to do this? I don't need anything fancy -- just a simple recorder to put on top of the piano while I play. Cassette tapes are a bit out of date, and I really don't have any idea what my other options are. Google research is only giving me fancy, expensive results. Clearly I am doing it wrong, so now I come to you.
The Eee uses Linux OpenOffice - how easy is it to write documents in OpenOffice's word processor and Microsoft Word and transfer between the two?
People from other countries, what issues are causing you a lot of worry in your country?
1b. Do you watch these types of shows regularly?
2. Have you ever watched TV shows like The Dog Whisperer or It's Me Or The Dog, about dog behavior and training?
3. Do you think it should be legal for dogs to be kept tied up outside unsupervised?
4. Do you think people who breed their dogs/cats and sell the puppies/kittens should have to be licensed, regulated and their homes/facilities inspected?
5. Should it cost more to license an unspayed/unneutered dog or cat? How much more?
6. Should organized dogfighting be a felony?
EDIT: i have not filed claims yet, and i have not collected any money yet. should i just not respond to any letters?
You get the chance to legally change your name for free with no hassle*: Do you? What to? What is your current name?
*This applies to both first and last names.
What colors have you done?
What is your natural hair color?
All through out elementary school I wanted to own a hot air balloon. I still do, even though I'm scared of heights.
How bad does someone's skin have to be before you don't find them as attractive as you might've?
Do you like taking baths?
Charlie Got Molested and Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom are my favorites.
eta: If you're watching tv, what are you watching?
Law & Order: SVU
If you could choose who was in your family, what 'famous' people would you like to have in yours?
I have a few games i want to put in a zip file and upload for someone. I don't have the install exe anymore, though. Am I SOL?
Why do furries seem so obsessed with paws?
2. What did you change?
3. Do you regret it?
What is the strangest place you have gotten drunk?
Ever been pranked while drunk or passed out?
Have you ever pulled a prank on someone who was drunk?
Favorite meal to have after a night of drinking?
How would you deal with such a person, especially if you were one of the friends of said person? Do you feel the tale teller's lying is morally acceptable because "no harm no foul"?
2. I just watched this horrible Lifetime movie about this girl who dresses in a fat suit to see what it's like to be fat, and all the kids at school are just brutal to her-- calling her names and just being really nasty. Now I know that oveweight people get treated differently-- but are people really that mean about it? Do people in the real world moo at overweight people? I never saw any of that at my school but maybe I wasn't paying attention.
3. What would you do if LJ shut down tomorrow for good?
What were your experiences? Would you do it again?
What should I do for New Year's Eve?
do you like long or short earrings?
what is the appeal of scrapbooking?
I'm currently making this for dinner.
It seemed like a pretty random out of place thing to happen in that movie.
ETA: Why the writers added that. I know he got drunk, but what a weird thing to put in a movie. I dont see Elephants when I am drunk. :P
What about you? Do you like it? How do you usually feel about it? How do you usually react to it?
I changed a lot. I'm more realistic now and I matured a lot more when it comes to relationships. I have learned that friendships are the most important thing to me and I've found out who my true friends are. That sounds cheesy, but it's true.
I always hear people complaining about school food, but they must have a 5-star chef living at home with them. My parents are notorious for not keeping edibles in the house, and I'm too cheap to go buy my own groceries.
Who are some good fantasy fiction writers?
And since my daughter is sick my plans are to stay home and be on the computer. Who else is going to do that to keep me company?
Should I continue to upgrade parts or buy a new computer?
I used to use PhoneZoo, but then the site went through a lot of changes and I don't like it anymore.
2. Do you play pinochle?
3. Are you/have you ever been a controlling person? If so, how did/are you planning to stop it?
4. Is anyone else excited to go back to school/work after New Years if you haven't already gone back?
( Collapse )
hopefully this won't sound too stupid but what is a resale shop?
i want to donate some clothes to a domestic violence shelter but the one i managed to find says i have to donate it to the resale shop...
so what i'm wondering is:
what happens on my part at the resale shop? do i just drop the clothes off and be on my way? do i sell them the clothes?
also, what happens on their part after i donate? do they sell these donated items and use the money to help the victims?
Edit: Apart from DON'T. -_-
1. Do you read all the entries on your f-page?
2. Do you have separate friends groups for your communities and friends' personal journals?
3. How many people on your f-list do you actually know and talk to, and how many are just random people you added?
4. How many people on your f-list do you know irl?
5. How did you end up adding so many friends?
How did you meet this person, are you still friends?
For those of you who aren't: What song would you like to have as yours?
For anyone: What are songs that you and past SOs have had as "your song"?
Will someone make one of my icons appropriate for the occasion?
Is there any member of TQC you'd like to friend that you haven't?
What is your favorite childhood rhyme?
(Gateway laptop running on Windows XP if that matters.)
Thank you!!(I wasn't pressing the Fn with the F4)*head desk*
When was the last time you made a stupid mistake?
All the recipes call for both white sugar and brown sugar. One even says I can replace sugar with maple syrup. I only have white sugar and maple syrup. What should I do? Can I just use all white sugar?
Also, since I'm just gonna go with a random recipe online, do you recommend one? Should I use the Nestle one?
Update: Thanks, everyone. It turns out I did have brown sugar, so problem solved. I added a teeny bit too much baking powder though, so they're kinda... acidic.
jesus camp on a&e...grizzly man on animal planet... am I just noticing because I started to watch tv again?
2)do you like those old style soft peppermints that melt in your mouth?
3)do you file your nails?
4)do you like rice cookers? are cheap ones good?
Am I better off going somewhere that I can get into, not easily, but is an extremely prestigious school or should I go somewhere that I can get into pretty easily and will be at the top of my class?
*Have you seen the movie Clash of the Titans? What did you think of it?
*Do you gag when cleaning your ears with a Q-Tip?
*Are you experiencing dry patches on your skin?
*Has anyone ever pissed on you?
have you been to one?
how common are they?
(I don't think they exist in the United States. We have HEAD SHOPS but not smart shops. I could be wrong)
2. Do situations in your life inspire your questions or are they completely random/hypothetical?
3. If you watch TV, what is your favorite medical show?
4. Your favorite legal/cop show?
5. Let's say you are at an age where you could financially and emotionally have kids but you don't for whatever reason. Would you date someone with a kid? A few kids? Why or why not?
6. I have a problem where I'd rather quit/give up instead of putting in effort and then failing. Even though failure isn't guaranteed, it's a possibility and I refuse to allow it. This has happened in school, jobs, relationships, etc. Do you do this too?
2. Have you ever used a laptop lock? How effective are they (IE, are they worth shelling out $25-35 for one)?
3. What are your favorite recipes using the fewest ingredients possible?
4. What is the last book you read? Was it good?
SO what does "hooking up" mean to you?
I like having a book, iPod stereo, and some tea. And comfy clothes to change into.
- What children's books did you like as a kid?
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I made my mom read it to me every night.
2) what about someone who won't admin to going through either?
3) have you ever gone into business with someone and later realised you just can't get along?
4) how do you sort out money problems between family?
.. thanks. ILY question club! :) ♥
I live in a townhouse and I share one wall with my neighbour next door. They have three teenage girls, all of whom play the piano. I can hear this piano through my wall. It's not faint, either, it sounds like it's in my house. During the day, this doesn't bother me, but lately they've decided to play it in the evening. It's 10:40 now and it's been going on for the last hour.
I know it's not late now, but I'm exhausted and have to work in the morning. I want to go over but I don't want to be rude. How do I politely tell them to knock it off?
At what time would you not tolerate that kid of noise? How late is too late?
Also, which game is better, Cooking Mama or Cooking Mama 2?
Anybody else feel the same? Or know why?
Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round." from here
Do you do that? I just read that and I totally do that, mostly to skittles though.
Do you turn your mashed potatoes and gravy into a volcano?
In what other ways do you "play" with your food?
Are you less attracted to someone if they smoke?
The dog episode of Futurama makes me cry every time I watch it.
Has a regular, live-action tv show ever made you cry?
Has a movie ever made you cry?
If so, picture please?
I just got "Patience" on my foot today -
Is there anything you wish someone would post an update about in tqc_updates?
agree or disagree?
WHY Every time I reach for the sky I can only reach so high
WHY Every time I headbutt a brick wall I always crack my skull
WHY?!!! Every time I stab somebody I always get my clothes bloody
WHY Every time I drive down the wrong side of the street everybody wanna beep
WHY Every time I drink a little gasoline I shit my spleen
WHY Every time I try to fly like a birdie I wind up on a girdie
WHY Every time I stab my eyes with an icepick I can't see shit
Every time I raise my arms in celebration playahation
Just because I'm dead, decayed and passed you GIVE ME NO ASS
Just because I chew on thumbtacks I get blood on my snack
Why won't you tell me why someone tell me why jesus tell me why I must tell me why someone tell me why I must find out why WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY no matter why DON'T FUCKING LIE
I admit I can't can't explain them can't explain can't can't can't explain