What products do you think are good at getting the shower and bathtub really clean? As in, specific spray product or something like that. What method do you use to scrub the shower and bathtub and distribute the product? As in, washcloth, paper towels, or something else that works well.
1. At what age do you consider it weird for someone to still have an imaginary friend?
2. When you are alone, do you talk to yourself? How often? Have you ever had an entire conversation with yourself? Do you think that would be weird for someone to do?
3. Have you seen the film 'Wild America'?
4. How would you react if you saw a man physically abusing a woman in public? Would you get involved, call the police, or ignore it? Would your reaction be different if it were a man abusing another man? Or a woman abusing another woman? A woman abusing a man?
1. Have you ever seen someone with good hair extensions?
2. I used to have extremely short hair that I LOVED, but it has since grown out. I do not want it to be short again so I am letting it grow; however, it is not growing fast enough. :( It is at that awkward hair growing out stage that makes me very self conscious, so I wear it up in tiny ponytails or tiny pigtails with a bunch of bobby pins every day. I would really like to have longer hair again (even chin length would do!), and I am considering getting professionally done extensions. Would you recommend this or definitely not?
when in the beginning stages of a relationship and you're just starting to get to know the person, do you: find yourself acting in a passive manner? as if to not start drama? or do you speak up when they do/say something you don't like and let your feelings be heard?
background for question: i've been seeing/hooking up with/casually dating someone for 5 weeks and we recently had the "what are we talk." he said he doesn't want a serious relationship right now, but still wants to hang out, spend a lot of time together and be good friends. i just passively agreed, although i am looking for a relationship and would want one with him. now things are weird between us because i'm not sure what "being good friends" exactly means and didn't speak up to get clarification. oh the good days of college dating...
There is a friendly acquaintance of mine (we're not super close, but we randomly chat & whatnot) who my friends and I think is TOTALLY FLAMING. One of my best friends grew up with him and pretty much wants him to come out of the closet already. He has pretty stereotypical gay male mannerisms, calls people things like 'darling', and is constantly surrounded by about three female friends.
However, he claims to be straight and apparently has a "girlfriend". ~_^
1. WTF is up with this guy? (I have my own opinions, but I wanna hear others.)
2. Being bi myself, I'm in my school's only GBLTQ-related group, which is basically a support group. If you were me, how would you go about getting him into it?
I'm buying Sailor Moon box sets because that's how I roll.
Should I buy just the first season and examine the quality(its bootleg i think, i cant find it legit anywhere thats not outrageously overpriced...like over 300. I hate out of print stuff!), or should i buy the 2nd at the same time to save on shipping costs?
Do you get personally upset/offended over shoplifters?
I don't. I probably would if I worked in, say, a small shop owned by a single person, but everywhere I've worked has been large and corporate. I've never actually witnessed someone shoplifting while I was working, but if I did, I probably wouldn't say a word. It doesn't affect me or anyone I know, so honestly, why would I be personally bothered by it?
I just saw Juno, and it was the inspiration for this question
1.) What's the youngest age at which someone you've known either personally or at least known somewhat (ex: went to your school) got pregnant? I knew a girl in my HS freshman class who got pregnant at 15. She got an abortion, though.
As a side note...
2.) Has anyone seen the movie Persepolis? Is it any good?
What do you think about a person who is easy to read? Meaning to say, she has no depth. Open like a book. 2 dimensional. (I'm talking about myself)
It's nearing the end of the year, and I have gained no friends I truly care about, forgotten what I did for most of the year, made no changes to my appearance and generally wasted the year. I want to work harder next year to improve my life. What about you?
I just got a kodak easy share z710 camera as an early christmas present. I can't get it to charge with the usb like it says and it did not come with an a/c charger. The user manual and kodak website are less than helpful!!! Does anyone have an easy share?? Please help! Thanks in advance.
I don't know aobut you guys, but my LJ friends' list starts to become people I care about, after a while. Friends, even. So even though I know I'm supposed to "keep my distance" and "live and let live", I still get supremely irritated when I see someone borrowing money to pay their rent and yet some how managing to buy a $400 "splurge" item a week later.
Anyone else have trouble with things like that? Keeping their mouths shut when someone is doing something that makes you go "bwah!?"
1.) Do you have a song stuck in your head? What is it? Clumsy by Fergie has been playing out of my mouth for about 2 hours now
On a related note
2.) Does anyone know a good method for getting a song stuck out of your head, or have any suggestions of another song that can easily replace said song above? My sister threatened to kick my ass if I sang the chorus one more time.
I'm making rosette cookies (little fried batter cookies you make with cookie irons and hot oil) this weekend. However, I *hate* the smell of vegetable oil for deep frying (which is what I used last year, ugh). The smell gets everywhere and it stinks. Has anyone else made rosettes with not-vegetable oil - what did you use? Suggestions? Recommendations? All I can think of is olive oil and I'm thinking that will probably make the cookies taste rather odd. :)
can you take a look at the pictures under the cut and suggest a haircut that might look good on me?
I really can't decide what I should do with my hair right now and I'd like to get it cut tomorrow so as to not have it look better than a grown out / style - less cut for christmas pictures
I apologize in advance if my face offends your sensibilities...I am in bad need of an eyebrow wax and I have chubby preggo cheeks...plus I didnt feel like getting all re-made up and it's a photobooth pic because my camera batteries are charging
Do your friends ever say you're not being a "true friend" when you don't agree with them or you have an argument?
I used to have friend who did that all the time. An example would be something like this: Her: I want to go to X place for lunch. Me: I'm kinda in the mood for Y. Her: You're not being a true friend! D:<
Guys, why is my boyfriend letting his job rape him out of any dignity he has when he needs to just GTFO and work somewhere else? It's not because he needs the money because that would require him to actually be getting paid well.
Non serious answers plz. The real answer is because he's completely dense.
In November, your friend invites your social circle to her house for New Year's. She says there will be a communal bar. This week she gives everyone a $40-50 list of items to bring, and says it's not possible to opt out of the bar. Each guest has been assigned more food and drink than they actually want to consume. Edit: I can afford it, but having money doesn't obligate me to overstock her bar with things that are to her taste and not her guests'.
1. As a guest, what is a good course of action? Keep in mind she has invited all of your first-choice company.
2. How bitchy is it to cancel your RSVP? To plan a new, BYOB party at your house and invite everyone (including her) to it? Edit: I'm not actually going to do the latter.
If someone buys something from your store and gets a gift receipt for the item, and then the person who received the gift comes in to return them, how do you handle the refund? Store credit? Cash?
I've never actually gotten a gift receipt, so this question will sound stupid, but does it have the amount of the item on the receipt? If not, won't they find out how much it was worth anyway when they go to return the item?
I haven't seen my boyf since Monday, and probably won't get to see him again until sometime after Christmas. Should I go hang out at my boyfriend's work for awhile, but have to walk to my friend's house (takes 25 minutes or so) in the cold, or just stop by there for a minute, and then leave and get a ride from a parental unit all the way to a friend's house?
I don't really want to hang out there though, OR walk in the cold, but I would like to see him for longer than half a second.
We have very noisy upstairs neighbors. On top of being blessed with listening to the guy's (horrible) singing voice, I can hear him pee and I can tell he and his girlfriend are on a sex schedule because every morning at 10:30 they have incredibly loud, fake-sounding sex. My boyfriend and I usually have a good laugh jumping on the bed and fake moaning back at them until they stop, but now it's PERSONAL. Today they went somewhere but left their bathroom sink running to the point where it overflowed, flooded their bathroom, and flooded our bathroom. HULK SMASH. We feel the need to get some sort of passive-aggressive revenge or do some sort of snarky shit. Our best idea at this point is leaving a blank DVD outside their door with a note: "Please record it next time. Love, the entire 5th floor. P.S. Your girlfriend's faking it."
1. Who are your celebrity crushes? 2. What are you listening to? 3. Someone gave me shots of what they said was vodka, but it tasted like peppermint. So what was I drinking?! 4. I have what I think is a wart on my finger. Am I going to turn into a toad?
edit: 5. The power just went out! What happened? :[
1.) What, in your opinion, is one classic album that should make a self-proclaimed music lover feel vastly ashamed if they don't have it in their collection? Essentially, I'm asking what, in each person's opinion, is their personal choice for the best classic album.
How long do you think you could go without your SO?
ie: Say you had lost your job and had to move to another town apart from each other to find another one. How long do you think you could stay apart before you really HAD to see each other is what I'm asking?
Because I just bought the box set (NOTE:BOUGHT...not STOLE and they're not bootlegs either): The Bourne Identity. Thumbs up or down? The Bourne Supremecy. Thumbs up or down? The Bourne Ultimatum. Thumbs up or down?
I have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Just took it through the car wash and now the "check gauges" light is coming on. Could they have done something? What could be wrong with it? What exactly am I supposed to check on it?
It is kind of smoking under the hood now. It was fine right before the car wash.
Mom's in the hospital, Christmas is coming and I haven't seen my boyfriend in about three weeks because of stressful crap. My anxiety is at an all time high. Is it fucked up that my best friend doesn't get that and still gets upset AT ME when I get upset at him being an ass?
In other news, do you not fit where you were born? I always feel like I should have been born in England.
1. Shower or bath? 2. Captain Crunch with or without Crunch Berries? 3. What kind of cell phone do you have? 4. To those of you that are engaged or married, how long were you with your SO before you got engaged?
A coin fell into my printer's feed tray and damaged the feed mechanism somehow so that now instead of pulling in paper it just makes a clicking noise. Any suggestions? It's a relatively good printer (hp laserjet 1300) but i dunno how much service for it would cost...
I've decided not to take classes next fall. I will have finished my prerequisites by then, and be transferring to another school.
1. Should I just take a year off from school and start again in Fall 2009? 2. What should I do for my semester off? (Or, if you said yes to 1, what should I do for my year off?) 3. How should I decide what school to transfer to? Any suggestions? (I'm studying Nursing.) 4. For those of you who don't care about me (which is a reasonable approach), what sort of adventures are you planning for yourself in the next few years?
What is a good way to tell someone that you don't want to go to their holiday party? You have known them for years, lost touch and you don't really have any excuse not to go, but you just don't want to.
1. Have you ever gotten upset or bothered by your postion [or lack there of] on someone's Myspace top friends? 2. If someone has someone of the opposite sex [or same if gay] in the same age group as them on theire #1 spot does that mean they like them? [if they're single] 3. If you have a Myspace how do you normally put your top together? [in what order]
Last night my cats broke a plate. I spent half an hour cleaning up the entire floor and thought I'd gotten all the pieces. I just went up to get something to eat and I stepped on three different shards. WTF? What pissed you off today?
I wanted to burn some cds for family members so I went out and bought some blank cds. Upon arriving home, I realized the pack of cds says Maxell Photo CD-R Pro. Since it says photo on it, does that mean it's only for photos? Can I still put music on them? I don't want to open the pack to try so I can return them if I have to.
I'm 25 and I was living myself until May of this year when I had to move my Mum in with me because of her bad health. On top of that, she has a bad memory. She's been cleared for any form of dementia so it is just a bad memory. Some days are worse than others.
I am not patient at the best of times, its one quality I have never had. I really need some help here. How on earth can I get some patience? I know its not her fault and I feel even worse for getting so irritated but her memory is driving me crazy. I need to be able to do something for myself because I get so annoyed when she is constantly asking me things. Every day this week she has asked me the same question.
What can I do? I feel bad enough for getting irritated so easily =(
1: What is your favorite cooking show and chef? 2: What cooking show and chef annoys you? 3: Have you ever used a recipe you saw on t.v.? 4: Do you have dishes for special occasions only? 5: What food/dish do you love to eat, but have never made or tried to make at home?
I feel incredibly lame asking this, but I broke up with my boyfriend about a week ago and I realize now I overreacted. My concern is how he'll react to me wanting to get back together, since I haven't spoken to him since then and I don't know how he feels now. Should I text? Call? Or something else? The only reason I'm hesitant to call tonight is that he always works on Saturdays and won't be able to answer anyway, but he can text if it's not busy (I know that doing things like this online or via text message are lame). And I can't go to his place because I have no idea what his schedule is like. I'm sorry to bother you guys, but I have no one else since my sister is having marriage problems and my closest friends have never had boyfriends.
1. Did your primary/elementary school have Accelerated Reader, or something like it? If you did, what did you do with the points? If you didn't have AR, what did you do to promote reading in your classes?
Our school got fake money for our points and then set up a "store" every quarter we could shop at with our money - I remember I once read enough books to get a Bop-It and an N64 cartridge (I was such a nerd), and all my classmates could ever afford were rings and friendship bracelets.
Whenever I say this to someone I'm in college with, they say they never did anything close to what we did - just curious what people across the board did in elementary school.
2. What did your classes in elementary school do for rewards? Pizza parties? Pajama day, movie day? We did RAD day - Read All Day - we brought in sleeping bags and backpacks full of books and just read. It was awesome.
why did my three cheese omelette so quickly and violently move through my poor digestive system today, so that the guy i'm falling for had to feed me pepto right before going to climb a mountain for a few days?
isn't life funny?
what's your "hobby"? extra points for non-computer related.
Imagine you asked your sister if you could spend Christmas with her and her father. She lives 200 miles away. She says yes. When you get there, you see with horror that:
- Her kitchen is covered in layers of grime and crusty dirt - Her lounge is literally covered in junk, litter and used tissues - Her toilet doesn't actually work - Her bath looks like you'd get out dirtier than you got in - There are fleas
etc, etc. The house isn't just untidy, it's DIRTY. Imagine a house where people just dropped litter etc on the floor for TWENTY YEARS and never picked it up.
So, TQC, what would you do?
- Fork out the hugely expensive train ticket home before Christmas, hurting your sister and her dad's feelings and probably making them have a go at you and not speak to you for a long while
- Stick it out for the 2 weeks till you go home, even though it's so dirty you can't eat or drink anything there for fear of disease, so that your family doesn't hate you for being an asshole
If you chose the first option - how the hell do I tell her?!
I spoke to her about it and... well, I'm going home. Thanks for the advice.
Is there a French word for a courtesy payment made by a prostitute to the owner of the property where she sleeps with her john? Especially a high-class prostitute, maybe one who doesn't even consider herself a prostitute, who sleeps with people mainly for political influence or some other non-monetary advantage. Because Angelina Jolie used it in a dream I had last night, and I instantly knew what it meant...
Do your dreams ever include made-up words? Do you remember any of them?
I received two swords for gifts this holiday season. They are great and I love them. However, they were sold as "display" swords - not sharpened, however they can be sharpened according to the website.
So, my questions are:
Does anyone know of a place near Cincinnati, OH were I can get them sharpened?
Does anyone have any idea what this will cost? One has a blade length of 24 inches, the other is 21.
What are your christmas traditions(if you celebrate)?(ie walk me through a typical christmas eve - christmas night) Do you go home? Does your family stay put? Does your family come to see you? What is christmas breakfast like for you? Christmas dinner? When do you open your stockings? Do you even have a stocking? Do you open your stocking alone in your room in the wee hours of the morning? Or do you open them with the family? What is christmas eve like for you? Are you allowed to open gifts on Christmas eve? Just one? or all of them? Do you have multiple christmases? Does everyone give a gift to everyone else? or do you do a secret santa thing within families? If you have children, do you do the whole santa thing? Do your children leave cookies and milk and carrots for santa and his reindeer? As a child, did you do that? What are your decorations like? Minimal.. or all out? etc. etc.
Lol i know its a lot, but i'm SUPER interested in what different people do for the holidays.