Scratch that. Clarification achieved.
Scratch that. Clarification achieved.
1. Have you broken a bone? Where? How?
2. Is there a moment in your life which you think would have changed who you are if you had done something differently?
3. Would you do it differently?
It made me tear up a few times, I am ~emotional~ :(
If yes, what's the last thing you cooked in it?
(I am not going to because I am stubborn, self-sufficient and just not into borrowing money, especially from romantic interests)
1. How long do digital prints last if I get them done commerically (like at walmart or duane reade)?
I googled but I can't find any objective sources (I only find the websites of the people who make the equipment or the stores themselves-of course they have nice things to say because they're trying to sell me something).
2. Can you recommend a decent point and shoot digital camera that is portable and relatively durable?
25€ (= 36$) a year + 30€ (= 43$) for an extra hospital insurance that gives you 20€ (= 29$) a day for each day you're in hospital.
2) Where do you live?
How can I make it taste better? :(
My boyfriend would be smart aleck spice. I'm sleepy spice.
I once asked someone in sign language, because I was scared, even though said person didn't know what I was saying so I had to explain which was so much worse. And of course, I was rejected and thus even more mortified. Hooray.
And while I'm at it, can you give me advice on how to meet people and/or get a life? I'm kind of a hermit at the moment but I want to go out and get some friends but I live in an itsy bitsy town so I dunno wtf to do besides build robot buddies.
I don't mean signs someone is interested, I mean you specifically.
What do you do when you like a guy/girl?
What's the most embarrassing place you've ever vomited?
Do you have a "signature" scent/fragrance/perfume? Do you vary between several favorites?
What's something you can only use if it's unscented?
Hypothetical Lady has unexplained nausea and dizzy spells. The ear doctor can't find anything wrong, her GP can't either, and she's been sent in for a brain MRI. What's the matter with her?
Why is a 10 year old scar on my finger suddenly itching?
What book or book series from your childhood would you be most excited to read a sequel/continuation of today?
Was the Hitman movie any good?
Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one)
The Great Mouse Detective
Singin' in the rain
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney)
Dead Poet's Society
Eddie Izzard - Dress to Kill
An Inconvenient Truth
Little Miss Sunshine
1: To all tall, overweight, bisexual Anime fans in a long term relationship with the same sex do you lick your envelopes or use a wet sponge to close them?
2: To all ugly, bearded, pseudo-intelectuals with users pics of them selfs how many minutes a month do you use on your cell phone plan? Who is your carrier?
3: To all female hipsters under the age 22 with a speech impediment what is your favorite type of pepper?
I love Devil's Food cake.
I tried reading for a little while but it just wasn;t cutting it
(I'm not really feeling Amazon's star ranking or anything else I've seen.)
Leaving my current department would put a mental and emotional strain on one of the sweetest girls I've ever known. Leaving her to do every thing that I did, and more. And leaving her with three new people in our department, and one person who doesn't do jack shit. She'd be the only one who knows our system.
There's an opening in another department. 25% pay raise. I'm qualified. Should I apply?
eta: also, it would probably sink the whole entire call center's staffing department for a long while if i left. which means, our call center's efficiency would suck.
eta again: i started the application process. woops! i put this as a comment to myself. gaaaaah!
- Here Comes Santa Claus
- Twelve Days Of Christmas
- Jingle Bells - (with Bing Crosby)
- Merry Christmas At Grandmother`s, A - (with Danny Kaye)
- I`d Like To Hitch A Ride With Santa
- Winter Wonderland
- Christmas Tree Angel, The
- Poppa Santa Claus, (The Toys Gave A Party For) - (with Bing Crosby)
- All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth) - (with Danny Kaye)
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - (with Bing Crosby)
2. My christmas tree is tipping dangerously, and it's already fallen over once.
How can I rescue it short of de-decorating it and taking it out of its holder?
do you hate rachel ray?
I sure don't
btw, look what i found:
2. Is your holiday shopping done? Mine is not. Do you think people who start holiday shopping in August are strange?
3. I've started saying "I know, right?" way too much. Where the hell did I get that from?
4. I crave sushi. How often do you crave sushi?
A nice boss who expects way too much from you.
Or a mean boss who doesn't expect much at all.
Do you call it the emergency brake, parking brake, hand brake, or something else I've not heard of?
Where are you from?
I grew up in CT (Northeast USA) and always heard it referred to as the emergency brake, but then when I moved to Florida (Southeast USA) it was called the parking brake. They don't even know what an emergency brake is down here =P
EDIT: I love y'all, really, I do! But the spelling of brake as "break" makes the Baby Jesus cry y/y???
I've got a little notebook. Now I have to think what to put in it. Does anyone know any
a) interesting quotes
b) interesting questions for him to think about or whatever
c) interesting articles that are about technology, the environment or science, that I could print out (so they'd have to be short)
d) 'stuff to do' that I could print out, or write out. Puzzles maybe? Riddles?
Anything else you can think of?
If so, which game should I buy next?
A few weeks ago, she was out of cat food and he was low on money, so he bought her generic cat food. A few days later, we noticed that she's going to the bathroom (just peeing) a LOT more often. I noticed that she peed about three times in a half hour. A coworker of mine suggested that maybe the generic food is drier, so maybe she's drinking more water. But we kept an eye on her water dish and it doesn't appear that she's drinking any more than usual. There's no leaky faucet, so she's not getting her water from there either.
I was thinking that it might be a UTI or something, but it doesn't seem like she's in any pain. She's not acting weird either (well, any weirder than usual). She's 100% fine as far as we can tell, she's just peeing a LOT more often, like I said.
I'm going to buy her food today (her regular kind, not the generic). Do you think that'll help? Or should we go ahead and take her to the vet anyways?
When I say "Upstate," I mean North or West of Poughkeepsie. Sorry Westchester.
If you live here: where?
If you don't live here: a/s/l?
Does that "greasy breakfast" hangover cure really work? Have you ever tried it?
I'm feeling like hot death right now, and contemplating making a giant plate of fried eggs and smoked sausage isn't what I want to do, but I'm willing to try anything once.
edit: okay, I just ordered bacon, egg and cheese on a croissant and some fried mozzarella to be delivered to my apartment. We'll see how this works.
Do you still, in a roundabout, not so sexual kind of way, find them attractive?
Do you still, in a direct, distrubingly sexual way, find them attractive?
[EDIT] Celebrity crushes count, if they fell into obscurity afterwards. As always, we are thankful to exclude Drew Barrymore.
what flavor? (ham and cheese ftw!)
i'm taking the boy out to dinner for his birthday. i want to take him wherever he wants to go, but he can't decide between applebees and chili's. where should we go?
edit: what color ink do you like to write with? i like purple :P
Where is my son's Santa outfit?
Diet Coke time is all the time, y/y?
What is your favorite soft drink?
How about this Ween cover of All My Love?
How many of the people on your friends list write pretentious LJ entries?
my mom is watching Eye For An Eye and the part where Sally Field hears her daughter on the phone being raped & murdered is pretty disturbing. I can't imagine having to go through that.
2. what brand of food does your cat/dog eat?
my cats eat Purina Kit & Kaboodle and my dogs eat that Moist & Meaty food 'burger' flavor food.. I think Purina makes that too.
3. I was thinking about buying an iPhone in February. supposedly they're remodeling it then. is this true? do you have one/do you know anyone who does.. or where can I read reviews on it? I need some opinions about it before I buy it.
My Oma drunk dialed me this morning (stupid dad gave her my cell number). I know she was drunk because a) she doesn't call anyone when she is sober, and b) in the voicemail she left she said her phone number is "7107-2663-6442624." If I don't call back I won't get any money for Xmas (they don't know my new address)...but that doesn't really bother me. Would you call your depressing drunk granny so you could get Xmas money?
Mine is from the movie Six String Samurai
Bad guy: "If I were you, I'd run."
Buddy: "If you were me, you'd be good-looking."
Atheists in a town in Connecticut have erected this sign blaming religion for 9/11 in a park in front of town hall, for the holiday season. Some people have complained, but most are "meh."
1. Was religion to blame for the terrorist attacks on 9/11? Or was it about more than just religion?
2. Should atheists be allowed to put up signs like this for the holidays, right next to the x-mas trees and nativities? Or should they be excluded because atheism isn't a religion and this sign is neither merry nor decorative?
1. You work at a day care. You're paid minimum wage, but you work at least 8 hours of overtime a week. You won't get a pay raise until you've earned a degree, which will take you about a year. School for said degree will be fully paid for thanks to work. You come home exhausted (physically and mentally), but if you get that all-important degree, your hours 'may get better' according to your boss.
2. You work at a school. You make about eight dollars an hour, but you only work five hours a day starting out - the opportunity for working full-time will come later. There will be raises the longer you work; however, you can get a substantial raise by earning a degree, but you're pretty much on your own to get a scholarship/grant/loan to pay for it. You have plenty of time to spend with your own school-ager, not to mention all her holidays - when she's home, you're home.
(I'm not adding a third option that says "none of the above". Sry.)
I work at Job #1, I interviewed for #2 yesterday and did a great job, but my current boss is giving me a hard time...
It sounds like a no-brainer, but would you believe I'm such a people-pleaser that I'm considering sticking it out at #1?
Now what if I told you that 23 of those kids were adopted? Does that change anything?
Now what if I told you that all the adopted children were mentally and/or physically handicapped and no one else would take them?
The landlord is refusing to sort it out and not giving reasons as to why she has to clean it off. My friend has really bad allergies and skin problems so cleaning off the mould would be harmful to her. The mould actually being there is probably harming her.
What should she do? How can mould affect a person? Is there some kind of law saying her landlord has to remove the mould? Oh and this is in the UK so UK specifics would be great.
( Collapse )
Edit: if I'm getting it cut, can I test hair dye one the offcuts of my hair to see if it holds the colour, or is that just crazy talk?
2. Have you gone to Bodies: The Exhibition? What did you think?
3. Would you ever donate your body to science?
2. What are the strangest things in your room?
( Collapse )
2. If you have your own bathroom, how often do you clean it?
3. Robin Hood in win, Y/N?
4. Is your hymen still intact?
5. How many mirrors do you have in your house?
2. Would you say this is true of Brad Pitt?
3. Do you hate the name Tristan as much as I do (I mean I really really hate it)?
4. Could you love a man who only had one nut?
2. Why should someone visit there?
3. What's the best thing to do in your hometown?
1. What movies are you looking forward to for 2008?
2. Is the new Indiana Jones movie going to be good?
3. Will the new X-Files movie suck horribly?
4. Is it snowing where you are?
tqc, i'm really bored. what should i do right now?
Why do you hate the number eight?
Why does God make mathematics and the inner workings of our world exclude the number eight?
1. Does that look appealing to you?
2. Do you like Apple Pie? If yes, what's the main thing you enjoy about it? If no, is there a particular reason/s why not?
3. I just got a random pain like a needle or something in my big toe. Why did that happen?
1. If someone claims to be a fan of musicals and then says their top three musicals are RENT, Hairspray and Phantom of the Opera, do you think they're a true musical fan?
2. Have you ever heard of/seen Brigadoon? I've been in it and nobody ever knows what musical I'm talking about when I mention it.
3. What musical do you wish would fall into the pits of Hell and never resurface again?
4. Do you consider movies like Moulin Rouge and the Disney movies musicals?
Has nothing to do with the above, but:
Have you ever played the five-from-Jesus game? Go to Wikipedia, click "random article". You have five clicks of the mouse on various hotlinks to somehow make your way to the Jesus page - apparently it is impossible to not make it there. How well can you do? What are some of your chains?
So TQC, why don't my friends love me?
How many books have you read this year?
Have you ever had your tonsils removed?
If yes, how old were you?
Did you have any complications?
Is it true that if you have them removed when you are an adult that the recovery time is longer and a lot more painful?
If you haven't had your tonsils removed, do you have any problems with them?
2. I worked 8 hours on Thanksgiving, and will be working Christmas Eve and Christmas, which I agreed to when I was hired. Is it too much to ask for New Year's Eve off?
3. Girls (well, uh, guys I guess, too, if you want), have you ever taken Midol and gotten excitable, shaky, or wobbly?
4. Can anyone recommend a brush in/spray in hair color that looks not-shitty?
5. What's your favorite kind of Christmas/winter holiday treat?
If so, stories, please.
Marvel or DC?
Favorite comic book hero?
What is the best way to stop crying?
2: To all overweight pagan polygamist, who enjoy cooking, would you ever contemplate a trip to Guatemala to visit fruit bats?
3: To all handicapped women animators, who are not Jewish, do you feel that game shows have lead to the objectification of women?
1. What is the difference between an infatuation and actually loving someone?
2. When did the difference become appartent to you?
3. How does a person "date" someone without considering it to be a "relationship"?
4. Would you ever "date" someone who was "dating" other people at the same time?
5. And to get away from the relationship questions, what is the one thing you can't get enough of this time of year?
Why or why not?
**EDIT** I AM that manager BTW, Thanks for all of the feedback!
if you can help me, it would be amazing. i am very frustrated!
Other than time, is there any other criteria that needs to happen (or perhaps NOT happen) for it to be considered a quickie?
Based on your own definition of a quickie, how often do you have quickies?
* they are going to some church with an orphanage, paying $2,000 and leaving with a baby...all in the space of a few days. How crazy is that??!!
Is there anyone among you who has really watched Designing Women--really watched, not just five minutes here and there--and disliked it? Not just didn't care about it, but really disliked it?
(As you can tell, the boyfriend and I have some really deep, meaningful conversations. :p)
But is dealing with HP worth it?
What is your favorite book?
bottled water or tap?
How much will my fine be?
Bonus points for good anecdotal stories!
Soooooooooo, I got it fixed and had the hours credited back everything is fine and dandy.
My question is, when I ran out of credit, when people called me, they couldn't get through obviously, but i knew i had missed calls because Verizon would send me a generic text message saying I had missed a call (sans number) and to receive calls, to go and buy credit, etc, etc.
What would the person who was calling hear? Would it say my phone was switched off? Unavailable? anyone know? I can't be bothered to call Verizon, it takes forever to get through.
And yes, this is very srs bizness, I must know what the caller would have heard plz. kthx :)
Has your SO done it for you?
What would you think if someone you weren't currently seeing at the time did it for you?
I've already checked and it's NOT by the Reflections nor Dire Strait.
I had a Powershot SD600 but it took really shitty, grainy pictures sometimes. The image quality was nothing spectacular, but I'm afraid of branching out and trying the Sony even though I've seen photos and the image quality looks really good.
Sorry this post sucks! D:
2. Is it important that your socks match? Colored, patterned, or white socks?
3. I have three movies: Fresh, The Queen, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Which one should I watch? (I've seen Eternal Sunshine but not the others)
4. What are some activities that are low cost for teenagers to do? My 17-year-old sister asked me today, and she's tired of the mall. It's winter so they can't really go outside and they don't drink or party like that.
5. What's your favorite brand of cheap beer? The more piss-like the consistency the better.
I had to sit through 4 today. @##%*&@%&(@$.
Do YOU enjoy reading? Do you have below average, average, or above average intelligence in your opinion?
When someone's Christmas or other holiday gift cannot be given on Christmas (or date of the holiday), do you feel a little bad that they then do not have many gifts to open under the tree? For example, I took my boyf to a concert for Xmas, and now he is only getting like one gift under the tree from me. I feel a bit bad!
We have a very ugly Christmas tree this year. How about you?
2: To all baseball cap wearing, tattooed amputees, who love to dance, how much a month do you pay in rent? Is it a house apartment or other? if other please do explain.
3: To all vintage dressing, female 17 year olds who have experienced septic shock, do you enjoy water sports?
2.) Which case is worse: a criminal being let free, or an innocent person in jail?
(go to wikipedia, click "random entry". you have five clicks of the mouse on hotlinks to make it to the entry on Jesus Christ).
How many clicks does it take you? Can you find one that does not, in fact, happen in five clicks? (rumor has it that every entry can be traced back to Jesus in five clicks or less).
> Do you sometimes drive 20 mph on a snowy road to avoid an accident?
Would I have to develop the film myself, or could I take it to a drug store?
Any advice for or against lomography?
Someone wants me to house-sit for them, which actually means just stopping by and checking up on the house 3 times.
I end up getting about 100 bucks, maybe more.
The downside is that they live about 35 minutes away.
What is your favorite poem from them?
Edit: erm, it's been bleeding for quite a while. Not gushing, but when you clean it, there's blood.
2: To all lonely males of Middle Eastern decent, who have mild to acute kabourophobia, what are your feelings about fashion designer duo Hetherette?
3: To all women ages 19-26, with alopecia, who work 2 or more jobs, how often do you drink sweet tea? DO you home brew or purchase pre-made? if you purchase pre-made what brand do you drink?
I'm bored. It's snowing outside and the roads are bad so I can't go anywhere. What should I do at home?
What websites do you visit a lot besides livejournal?
I'm so geeked about it.
What should I do? I have plans to quit soon regardless, but it really bothers me that a big (greedy, cheap, selfish) company would get away with a) maintaining a dangerous, unhealthy workplace and b) selling clothes that have been contaminated with mold spores to unwitting customers.
( Collapse )
1b. What about if you had kids?
2. Do you need white noise when you sleep or absolute quiet? What about dark versus a night light?
3. Have you ever named a house plant?
3. Yes, I have a spider plant named John Edwards.
So does anybody know what the real name is?
Should I go back to Kroger?
If not, where should I work? I am an 18 year old female with no ~skills~ living between Columbus and Dayton, OH.
2: To all People born in Chicago in the year 1982, that enjoy Chinese food, do you feel better now that you are included?
3: To dog owning, geeky male canadians, who wish Neo from the matrix, who is this bestontheweb?
This journal is Copyright © 2005-2007. All Rights Reserved. This copyright extends to but is not limited to any posts I make in any LiveJournal communities, and to any comments I make to anyone else's posts or comments, and any icons created by or for me. Any reprinting, reposting, paraphrasing, rewriting, or other reproduction of my words by other parties either elsewhere on LiveJournal or on any other website without explicit permission is forbidden. Other parties' reposting of any LiveJournal writing of mine which I have deleted is prohibited.
Any icons are copyrighted to the person who created it, and are not to be taken without express permission.
Is that actually enforceable, or that person just dreaming?
Sticky buns or cinnamon buns?
Does anyone know of something like this designed for soccer shoes, or a shoe with this type of padding built in?
Has anyone used something like this for athletic shoes other than ballet?
As far as soccer goes, I use both feet for everything. I used to be primarily right footed, but I had problems with an ingrown nail and practiced left footed for months until I could afford to have the toe worked on. I ended up studying a different style of play at the same time, so I pass and shoot "properly" off my right foot, and mostly off of my toe with my left. (I tend to pass and dribble right for this reason, and shoot left, although I can do both with either foot. The toe curls better, obviously.)
Does anyone have any soccer shoe model recommendations that would suit both styles of control on shots?
Random other questions so anyone can reply to the post...
Do you like bananas?
Who is your favorite figure skater?
What's the best thing to ask someone you just met to get them talking about themselves?
i think no, but everyone i know where i live does. was wondering what more different type of people thought?
edit!! : Why do people call their SO's "boy"? I was talking to a 40 yo woman the other day who called her husband "the special boy". Do you do it? Is it meant to be cute or something?
I find it weird when anyone over the age of 18 does it tbh.
2) What's your favorite acronym?
What would be a good gift item for this?
The people involved range from age 17-68 and are of both genders.
Why am I not drunk yet?
What should I do tonight?????
2. Do you like your teeth? Why/Why not?
Do you like it there?
what is your favourite kind of snapple?
2. Do you like your eye color?
Do you think that TQC is addictive?
Me: yes and Yes!
2. Which is worse: People not planning or people changing plans last minute?
3. I'm pissed off and not wanting to go out tomorrow with friends. What's the funniest excuse I could give?
( Collapse )
I think, "OK, I won't read it."
2)what did you fear that would happen but didn't?
today there were no baby puke disasters
3)comics for adults- AWESOME or not?
What is your favorite album of all-time? Of right now?
Who do you want to cuddle with?
*Will any of you simulate getting all drunk and geeky with me right now?*
This is what happens when you have a business. Cyber-drinking!!!!!!!!
What are we drinking and what are we listening to or doing?????
Dear TQC, is my boyfriend actually going to buy me a toilet seat?
If so, what do you propose is special about it that makes him think I'll want it?
What is your favorite song by them?
2.) I unexpectedly have the whole day off from work tomorrow with nothing to do, and no car. What should I do? Im so happy :)
2. One of my roommates just left for the holidays (the good roommate) and I'll be gone for good by the time he gets back. He has a basement apartment that he said I could hang out in whenever I want to get away from the other 2/3 roommates. What kind of prank should I pull on his apartment? (It can take up to a week to do this, I have nothing better to do. Seriously.)
3. If you don't have a dishwasher, are you the type of person to do your dishes right away, or do you let them pile up?
Is Michael Jackson a One Hit Wonder?
Is Mikey a OHW?
Tuesday the exam board met to review course grades and dissertation grades for my department and decide the appropriate reward (MSc. Graduate Pass. Etc. etc.). I spoke to my friend in registrar yesterday, and she told me that my profile came up as "grades deferred", a few other students in my class received the same.
I'm going to call up on Monday and ask wtf mate, but oh mighty TQC, why on earth would my grades be deferred? Serious and non-serious answers welcome.
(besides post on here, watch tv, eat, and do anything sexual with myself)
2)what's your favorite drink to warm up with?
3)What is the absolute weirdest David Lynch movie?
What are your opinions of Sicko, if you've seen it?
Do you think America will have Universal Health Care in our lifetime?
Do you think America will ever have Universal Health Care?
What am I forgetting to do or pack?
It's 11:40, I'm really tired, and I still need to clean.
Should I call to tell them I'm crashing or suck it up, clean, and hang out?
2. Does anyone think The Catcher In The Rye is slightly overrated?
3. Do you watch The X Factor? How the hell did Leon manage to win?