ETA: If you already are married, whose name did you take?
Do you like them rectangular, triangular or square?
Do you prefer white or brown bread?
What's your favourite filling?
Oh man so there--no, that's math.
How the hell am I so tired?
2. what is the most hypocritical thing you've done recently?
3. who do you consider to be the biggest ~celebrity~ hypocrite?
( Collapse )
would anyone like a christmas card? :)
ETA: i wish i could send you all christmas cards (because i love making them) without having to run the risk of you being stalked and / or killed :(
Do you think people that got sick should get some kind of compensation from the university, be it money back onto their meal plan or for those that were hospitalized, a break from grades or something else? Or should they just suck it the hell up?
I don't actually attend the university and personally couldn't give less of a shit, but I'm sure if I went there I would.
So, TQC, my question to you is: if two of your friends (and I'll let you choose the couple) asked you, would you have a threesome?
What are your thoughts on Michael Jackson?
I don' follow it much, but who won Dancing With The Stars, just out of curiosity?
So, is this something that's unique to my university, or do other schools do it as well?
What is the most annoying thing about advertising, commercials, etc?
by other I will assume you mean that you agree with seychelles unless you specify otherwise.
What is something/someone that makes your heart hurt when you think about it because you love it so much?
2. How many windows are there in the room you're in?
3. What was your favorite Shrek movie of the 3?
3. The 2nd
If I had a gas leak and the lights were already on, wouldn't I be vaporized?
It's a little after three; how pissed will a 911 operator be if I asked them so send someone with a decent (mine sooks!) sense of smell out to take a whiff?
The heat just kicked on. If it *were* a gas leak, wouldn't I have just be vaporized?
If it's NOT a gas leak *am praying it's not* is it just something funky smelling in my trash?
Err.... WTF IS THAT SMELL!!??
Due to my fear of being VAPORIZED I didn't turn the light on last night when I went to check on the pilot light.
But this morning, by the light of day, I see the problem.
MY SEPTIC TANK IS BACKING UP INTO THE BASEMENT!
This oughta be fun.
Which is a better tactic: as I pay rent say: "there's this little issue with the plumbing, should I call a plumber and give the bill to yall or do you want to call a plumber?"
Should I ask my landlord to come by the house after I have paid rent?
*is so sick to my tummy right now*
I'll take the femur. Someone's gotta be skin, though.
If so, could you please explain your experience?
A girl I hardly know is having a 25th birthday party. She likes me a lot as a friend for whatever reasons. We don't have any mutual friends and she's married and has kids so I can't really relate to her world.
She invited me to her party and I thought that giving the excuse of not having a ride would work. I thought that it would be an inconvenience but instead, she said she'd find me a ride.
The party is coming up on Friday so I need to tell her something today.
What can I say to get out of going to this party? I don't know anyone and that night, I'm going out with my other friends to a club.
I thought of saying I had to get up early the next day for say, my niece's recital or something but I'm worried she'll find out I was at a club that night.
I know I should be honest but I don't want to say that I'd be uncomfortable because she'll probably say something like, "Don't worry about that. I'll introduce you to everybody." but that would make me feel weird. I also don't have enough money for a good gift so that embarasses me.
So please don't give me moral lessons here, I really just want a good excuse to get out of this thing.
Thanks in advance. I'm going to bed soon.
2. When was the last time you threw up? What food was it? Did it take a long time for you to be able to eat that food again?
1. I dunno, it makes me sad. :(
2. Yesterday morning. I had eaten pineapple the night before. I don't think I'll be able to eat that for a long time. This also makes me sad because I LOVE pineapple.
2. Am I insane for picking up my boyfriend from the airport at midnight the night before my 8am-on-Sunday final?
3. Am I insane for working at the barn for ~8 hours that day, and having another exam about 2 hours AFTER work ends (exam is at 6).
4. Will you wake me up when exam week ends?
- [edit: the mother of these grandkids didn't like this idea, I don't know why but instead she wants the boy who's in 1st grade to get an "idog" and the girl who's 9 wants a boombox with an alarm clock. now I need to find good ones of these... Any help?]
2. even if it's going to probably cost me about 30 dollars in gas a day? (roundtrip)
3. do you think my 17 year old truck will last making that journey almost everyday?
ETA: 3 1/2: ok, so if i decide not to go, should i call the guy (he told me to come in today at 2) and tell him i grossly underestimated the travel time/ expense... or just not show up?
and for good measure:
4. what time did you go to bed yesterday/ what time did you wake up today?
5:00, 8:00... yay infants.
Even though NYC is about 6 hours away, chances are if someone's talking about "the City", that's what they're talking about.
One-ply or two-ply (TP)?
If you drink Odwalla drinks, which one is your favorite?
Why am I wearing an orange scarf today?
If so, do you still wear it?
I need to put together my demo reel and also possibly a graphic design portfolio (which has some items in it but I need to flesh it out a little) but I'm having the hardest time getting inspired to create anything at the moment.
Do you hug people when you greet/leave them?
If it depends on the person, will you explain how/why please?
What should macabre and I do when we hang out tonight?
- so you're in your office's multi-stalled bathroom and you go into one to take a big ole poo. there is a can of air freshener available to you in the stall. do you:
- spray a pre-emptive spray before pooing, you like to be courteous
- spray after pooing, that's just the way it works
- spray both before and after, you're paranoid
- dont spray at all and let your cow-orkers smell the wrath of last night's chimichangas
- do you care about the softness of your toilet paper?
- when you put your toilet paper roll on the holder, does it unroll from the top or the bottom?
1. should i go back to the doctor? (i really can't miss any more work, and i don't really have another $100 bucks to shell out for him to possibly tell me to finish the antibiotics and deal with it.)
2. what's a good over the counter sinus-cold-flu medicine that will help the pain, but let me stay awake at work?
3. what's a good over the counter sinus-cold-flu-medicine that will knock me out at night so i can finally sleep?
4. will it piss off my co-workers if i bang my head against my desk 900 times?
Now, I'm pretty pale and I don't feel like doing that whole skanky santa thing during the winter, so I think i'm going to go with the sweater.
Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a tacky christmas sweater that doesn't look like it was my grandfather's? I don't care if the pattern is ridiculously tacky as long as the sweater itself actually FITS ME and isn't a gigantic scary thing with cuffed sleeves and an elastic bottom. I'll leave that to my husband.
Ebay is full of hideousness, none of which is even mildly not gross.
Do you change your oil every 3000 miles? Or are you like me and wait longer?
is that really the question?
what the hell is it supposed to mean?
What bumper stickers do you have on your car?
Have you ever lived in an apartment? Did you prefer it to renting (or owning) a house? Any memorable experiences you want to share? (good or bad)
(eta, I have a stack of books on my calf, and GAME OVER on my upper back. Usually people ask if the game over is real, I suppose because it IS a pretty silly thing to have. I also have another tattoo on my wrist of a little broken heart, but no one asks about that.)
I have a relatively thick layer of frozen, rotten milk on the floor of my fridge. I don't have a sponge, and I only have paper towels which with to scrub. How can I go about getting it up off the floor, and more importantly, how do I stop the accompanying smell from covering my room? Will it just take scrubbing and a lot of elbow grease? Thanks in advance.
...what else could I possibly be calling about?
I run a boarding house for high school students. I have 8 boys and 7 of them are from South Korea. They are staying up all night studying and are getting sick all the time. I know that there are Koreans here, and I need help.
How do Koreans typically treat illness? Is there an herbal remedy and food, anything?
Oh, and off topic: Are you ready for Christmas or just starting?
EDIT: I didn't mean to make it sound like only Koreans could answer, but I think this is all a cultural thing.
tqc, is it ALWAYS ilegal to kill a women?
2. What should I get?
2. ) How much is your electricity?
I live in a 3 bedroom apt and we have heat and hot water included in our rent, but our gas bill is still extremely high. It averages between 30-100$ a month depending on the season. I live in Boston if this makes a difference. The only thing that uses gas, as far as I know is the stove. Our washer/dryer and all the other appliances are electric.
3.) Do you think that is a high bill for 3 people who rarely cook on their gas stove? Considering we only use the stove to make ourselves dinner.
Besides posting to TQC, of course.
I'm having "one of those days" and it wouldn't be very appropriate to scream at the top of my lungs or punch something in my office.
Stupid people are more likely to have stupid kids.
Stupid people are more likely to have More kids then smart people.
Hence the dumbing down of Society as a whole.
Would you agree or disagree with these statements?
Edited to make this- these.
-I was just looking at Forbes most recent "The World's Billionaires"; the profiles have their net worth then saying how they got all their monies, inherited, self-made, etc. The gentleman ranked at number 18, who's worth 18.2 billion dollars, has "NA" next to how he got all of his money. Does anyone think this totally sounds like he does shady stuff? Just me?
Have you died for Dunkin'?
Did you read the questions before you clicked the cut?
Do you have any pictures of unfortunately placed signs?
If you do, can you post 'em?
I have an interview today :) Hopefully this one works out. Now with all the job hunting I've been doing these past few months, I've started to hate the process of looking for a job. When you go job hunting, do you feel like you're selling yourself? If you've done job hunting for extended periods of time, did you get tired or resentful of it?
Does your town have any urban legends? If so, what are they?
Have you ever heard something in the middle of the night and immediately thought "Zombies!" and freaked out?
Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis?
What would you do if you heard a scream outside in the dark?
But, there's a British teacher in Sudan awaiting sentance for naming a teddybear in her classroom 'Mohammed'- she's most likely going to recieve forty lashings.
She will be layed down on the floor on a dirty mat, lashed with a hard plastic pole, from the shoulder blades to the calves.
A parent of a child in her class said although she was 'sad that it was happening, the teacher should have researched more into their culture and shouldn't have made such a mistake'
A British man who recieved the same punishment [plus a six month jail sentence] for allegedly breaking an alcohol ban, was just interviewed and said he wasn't aware the body could take so much pain without giving up.
WHAT THE FUCK?
2. what other work-safe sites can you recommend to me, to rescue me from this "work" thing they want me to do?
3. how many times in the last ten minutes have you refreshed this webpage?
4. did you know they've taken the easy bake oven off the market?
5. what should I get my munchkins, since the easy bake oven is not available?
6. is the easy bake oven available, and I was simply lied to by the munchkin's step-grandmother?
edited for typos, because I am the suck
edited again to fix the html, because I am still the suck
The model of easy bake sold between May 06 and July 07 was recalled in July. The new, not-recalled one is available, but many stores are not carrying it. the step-grandmother is
would you take it?
or just tell the deli guy?
This is stupid, Y/N? Blah I like to have fun as much as the next person, but I didn't exactly pay money for a legitimate class to play a computer game that... I don't even like. WTF? I got absolutely NO help on my portfolio at all and I'm kinda pissed. >>
What's the stupidest/most pointless thing you've ever had to do for a class?
Do you warn your friend ahead of time? Or do you let your boss do the dirty work and keep mum?
You were laid off from your last job after two months because you just weren't any good at it. You tried your hardest but you failed.
What would be your response to an interviewer when they ask why you were laid off after such a short time?
(I'm trying to print something and all the quotes I keep wanting to use are TOO LONG)
Also, when did you last have the hiccups?
My period is not due for over a week (so I know it's not PMS) - why the fuck am I so hungry today? To the point I feel like I cannot stop eating? =(
I'm still an emotional eater at times, so I'm guessing maybe my subconscious is making me want to stuff some bad feeling or worry deep, deep down, into a hole so dark that'll it will take months to climb out. What do you think I might be trying to stuff deep down?
please note: for n00bs and lurkers who don't read enough, this is not meant to be oh-so srs biz.
2. Do you love photo booths? I do. Have any pictures to share?
was/were the thief/thieves ever caught?
how did you get over the scared/pissed off feeling?
( Collapse )
If you had a remote control that acted like the remote control from the movie Click, what do you think you would use it for the most?
And if they do know that the kids are watching, why do they engage in such decidedly non-Santa-like activities?
Did one of your parents ever dress up as Santa Claus on Christmas Eve when you were a child?
Did they then get it on with your other parent?
2. who posted on your friends page just before this post?
3. what do you have copied on your clipboard? (to find out, click CTRL+V)
4. what is/are your middle name(s)?
5. what is your favourite website other than livejournal?
6. what is your favourite word at the moment?
( Collapse )
What is your worst memory of highschool?
Alright, TQC. So I am the assistant manager in a video store and I've decided that it isn't the fun atmosphere it should be. So we've decided that we're going to start doing theme weekends. A few weekends a month, the first weekend that a huge release is out on DVD, we'll use that movie as a theme and have certain prizes and contests for the customers. This Tuesday, Pirates of the Caribbean 3 is coming out so we're doing a pirate themed weekend next weekend.
What are some awesome ideas that I can use to make the store more fun for the weekend? What kind of contests or decorations and things should we have? We've already decided on costumes and pirate-themed names for the staff, but we need some really customer oriented activities. Any ideas?
TQC, what's your spirit of choice and how would you personify it?
If you just want to pick which weekend it should be, click that date.
And if you want to be invited and will be in Chicago, let me know.
If you're traveling out of town for Christmas (or other winter holiday), will you be in town the following weekend(s)?
Do you like cats on catnip? Hahahaha, I do!
And the smell of the day is?
2) What type of Manga do you like?
3) What are your favorite Manga comics/books?
4) What's your favorite TV show?
5) Are you really random like me?
( Collapse )
Have you ever cried at a movie...even a tear drop?
What movie(s) made you cry the most?
What movie did you think you would cry at but didn't?
How much would you limit yourself to spending on hookers and blow?
What is the frequency in which you buy said hookers and blow?
Do you work out any?
What does it cost?
What are some suggestions to get our child to stop chewing on the side of his crib. He has taken the finish and some of the wood off of portions. We can't use the teething rails because it is not a standard crib.
Will you be my last.fm friend? My username is naols.
What's your favorite jam/jelly/preserves flavor?
anyone looking forward to Sweeney Todd?
2. Is it earlier/later than usual?
3. Do you know what you're having?
4. Anything fun planned for the weekend?
5. Do you chew gum regularly?
6. What's one thing that, if you lost, you'd have difficulty replacing?
( Collapse )
A teenage girl in Kansas went missing, and apparently she took some naked pictures for a porn site. Now, all the news stories about her say "Body suspected to be that of missing internet porn star".
1. How sad is it that this is how everyone who didn't know her will remember her?
2. If you were to be kidnapped and killed right now, what odd, secretive details of your life would come out that the media would jump right on? "Missing pornstar"? "Missing 'teacher-by-day, murderous furry-by-night'"?
3. Does taking a few naked pictures and putting them on a website automatically make you a porn star?
2. Have you ever asked a grocery store to special order an item for you? What was it? How did that go?
3. What was the first alcoholic beverage you ever drank? (Other than for religious ceremonies, coz that's boring.)
We're going all out Friday night, dinner, comedy club, and possibly a club. Either the gay bar or goff club.
He wants to go to some Goth club in the city, but I have never been (Lord knows I never planned on going to something like this right now). I went to the website & it just said to wear black.
What is a gothic look?
It's been since highschool since I wore my goff pants, but I'm always up for a new experience.
I'm really aiming for something not too over the top. Just black & some intense make up?
What's you're best gothic club outfit?
Me, I don't really like Coke or most carbonated drinks, but I almost always order it when I have Japanese food. Because when I was little, I didn't like tea or water, and the Japanese restaurants didn't have juice. So I resorted to Coke as a default.
I'd forgotten all about this until I went to a teriyaki place with a friend for lunch today and explained it because he seemed puzzled that I ordered Coke at all. ;-)
What is the meanest, nastiest thing anyone has ever done to you?
What is the meanest, nastiest thing you have ever done to anyone?
has anyone ever been there? did you love it? is it worth the money?
edit: yes i did mean http://www.atlantis.com/
2.) If you were to give a 'tip' to a waitress/waiter (And I don't mean money!), what advice would you give them?
3.) What defines a 'good' S.O.? What defines a bad one?
4.) What are you allergic to?
Someone just told me I was a "little biggot in the big, real world."
I've had the crappiest day, but I just noticed my bonsai tree sprouted, and so I'm happy! I'm excited for my tree!
2. What is the best white elephant gift you have ever received?
I once got a pear candle with a bite out of it, and a friend stole it and threw it away because he thought someone gave me an eaten pear! He got it out of the trash though :)
What does your favorite shirt look like?
When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
If so can I see pictures? I need holiday cheer right now.
2.What is your favorite christmas movie?
What do you guy suggest I use to roll it?
Ps. I have no money.
Were you on a reality TV show?
"[those are] Big words for a supposed handicap."
eta: It was meant as an insult, obviously implying that people with disabilities have no brains.
What movie should I watch tonight?
( Collapse )
Has anyone else been fucked over by their insurance? Anyone else have insurance horror stories they want to share?
LONG story: ( Collapse )
1. Do you just hate them period? If so, why?
2. Does whether or not you hate them depend on their context? For example, when girls wear them with a certain type of pants (i.e. sweatpants, leggings, tights)?
3. If you actually do like them, why?
( Collapse )
Also, what new board games do you think are fun? By new, I mean ones like Apples to Apples or Taboo, as opposed to classic board games like Sorry or Monopoly.
What was it that you shared?
When did someone last share too much with you?
What was it that they shared?
lol I do but if I say what is is, you will all post picccckshurs of it.
You've discovered a bomb! Oh noes! It's set to go off in 5 seconds! You can't disarm it, you can't outrun it, but you can fling it away from where you are (where there is a crowd of about 50 pedestrians). But in each direction, there's people. Where will you end up throwing the bomb?
What's your favourite Christmas tree ornament that you own? Any with sentimental value?
I have a reindeer from my first Christmas that used to be all brown with white spots, but now it's completely white and the stickers that were his eyes have fallen off so it's pretty creepy but I'm emotionally attached.
Thing is, I've been hemming and hawing over applying all day. Not quite procrastinating, but close. Something subconsciously is trying to sabotage this opportunity.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still applying for the job, and I'm going to sell myself the best I can. I'm just worried about the part of me that's second-guessing.
1. Why are some people *points to self* so afraid of success?
2. What can I do when I start thinking I'm better off toughing it out at my old job, even though I'll be stuck all summer in a room of screaming school-agers (other than staying home with my daughter all summer)?
And in not so seriousness:
3. What did you have for supper? I had a ribeye and some salad, and I'm eyeballing some chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. Yum. Oink.
1. Would it be better to give her the gift as a birthday present, a Christmas present, or tell her it's a bit of both?
2. If I end up being a little short on money, would it be wrong to ask my Jehovah's Witness sister to loan me a small bit to cover it? They don't believe in celebrating holidays nor birthdays, so I don't want to ask if it can be seen as her participating...
1. Ever had one? Two? What's the most you've had?
2. Do you like them or not? Explain.
3. Do you ever call your kitty/kitties "puppy-dog?"
4. Do you like LOLcats?
5. One or two peektures? :)
( Collapse )
What is worse than christmas songs sung by the now defunct group, "Wilson Phillips" ????
( Collapse )
I should win by default because pretty people can't be bothered to check their HTML. Trufax.
"Does the girl on the platform in the purple jacket look anything like my size...?
Truth. Tell me. Be as rude or mean as you wish."
I don't have the pictures or the comments, though. =(
2. If you had a son would you have him circumcised?
Be honest, but if you don't agree, I'll probably delete my post.
TQC, am I sick?
- My thermostat is set at 67F, and I have a hoodie, sweatpants, a t-shirt, and slippers on, and I'm still cold
- I'm having gastrointestinal issues
- I have a headache
My thermometer is broken, so I have no idea if I have a fever or not. :(
my SO refuses to give me any indication of what he wants for xmas and insists he doesnt want anything.
would it be ok if i got him something completely practical?
(ie a transmitter pass to cross the tacoma narrows which basically allows you to not have to stop at the toll booths. i would put like 100 bucks on it, bridge toll is $3. he crosses it like at least twice a week) or is that completely lame and i should just ignore him and get him something nice anyways.
2) If your favorite musical artist came out with an album title that offended YOU, would you still buy it?
3) What is your favorite album title?
ETA: When was the last time there was a picture post?
When in your life did you lie a lot?
Do you feel bad when someone gets you a good present and you get them a crappy one?
Do you give presents to people at all?
Do you like candy canes?
Is feeling emotionally poopy a common side-effect of getting vaccinations? I had like 5 vaccinations this morning and I've felt like complete shit, almost cried when my boyf left for work, and have wanted to cry all day. Waa.
I'm new here and I've never seen such a fast-paced community. It's nuts.
I ask because I consider myself pretty confident and recently I was in that position and was all "Oh (your product) is so awesome, it like, brings people together and I love it so much."
Bonus question, could I have said anything lamer?
( Collapse )
Later on, an asian guy in my class said he wasn't attracted to asian girls.
My bff is also asian and she too is not attracted to other asian men.
1. Is this common? Or was that just a coincidence? Specifically, they are all Filipino, if that makes a difference.
2. Are there any good bagel places? Besides grocery stores, I mean a place that makes fresh bagels every morning. Where I can buy like a half dozen for the week? If you know of any in the Maryland area, that would be swell.
For people with 2 or more, how many litter boxes do you have?
Where are they located?
Do(es) your cat(s) have any weird litter box habits?
I've got one in my room because when Zita was little, she wouldn't use the box in the kitchen at night. When we got Chester, he came with his litter box. So, that brought me up to 3. 2 are in the kitchen and 1 is in my room.
Yes...they only pee in the small litter box and poop in the larger ones.
Ok, TQC, I have a survey for you! It's full of fail and suck and Oral Communication class!
Which aspect of the news do you most pay attention to?
Which aspect of the news do you feel influences you the most?