My girlie got me into TQC and I wanna e-stalk her. :]
November 2nd, 2007
My girlie got me into TQC and I wanna e-stalk her. :]
( Collapse )
2] Can you drink straight alcohol?
Will you go to your Photobucket/Flickr/whatever account and post a random picture for us that makes no sense out of context, and let other commenters reply with a completely-made-up story for it? Just never, you know... explain the real story behind the picture, that'd be no fun.
Recommend me a lotion to use on my hands this winter. I get REALLY dry hands to the point they bleed. I've used Aveeno in the past and loved it but I can't find that stuff around here anymore! Grr!
What's something obscure that you miss from the past?
Here is my problem, taken from my personal LJ:
For my book idea, around thirty girls applied to be a part of it, and two guys did. One of the guys had really poor spelling and grammar, so that is out. The only other guy is sixty years old. All of the girls who applied are between the ages of 16 and 21.
So, if the man became a part of the book, he would be a sixty year-old male among three to five girls in their teens or early twenties.
If the man still had something to contribute, do you think I should make him a part of the book? Or do you think it would be odd?
My girlfriend said it's discrimination that I don't think he should be a part because of his age and the fact that he's a guy. I just think he would be such a random part of the book and make it very unbalanced.
I don't know, I'm just kind of upset because I don't want to discriminate. But I also think it would be bad for the book if he was in it. I wanted to have a diverse group of people; all ages and both sexes, but it just didn't work out that way.
Your opinions, please?
2) Can you show me a pic of you in natural light?
3) How about in flash-lighting?
( Collapse )
Do you believe in the supernatural?
Have you ever experienced paranormal activity first hand? What happened?
Which of the following annoying celebs would you sleep with if your life or the life of someone you cherish was on the line?? (or something equally horrible if you don't love yourself or anyone else?! :P )
Or these ones?
I don't care.
Yoinked from shinga's post. :)
(edited in the name of l'esprit d'escalier)
If I had to, I could live off shakenbake. I practically do already.
What was the first word you said as a baby?
1. Having picked off and eaten all the little icing roses from the outside edge of my 3rd Birthday cake, wiping my (pink) icing sugary hands on our black labrador. I don't think my mum ever brought it up, but if looks could have killed...
2. 'Lo', Hebrew for no (I'm Israeli), I used to say it all the time according to my grandad, because I was very fussy.
Why are they trying to convert me to Christianity/Mormonism?
AM I GAY BECAUSE MY ICON IS RAINBOW COLORS?!
When you put off a paper 'til the last minute do you date it a few days earlier to give a good impression?
Or did you just put the day it was due, no matter when you finished it?
If you are a teacher, do you take any note of the dates students put on the heads of their papers?
Do you think I could get away without putting a date at all?
Am I coherent? Am I making sense? How is my grammar? Would it be better to get some sleep before continuing my paper? I usually feel like I get stupider after midnight; do you think this is true?
What should I get my brother for his 25th birthday?
Has anyone had symptoms like this before? It confuses me so. Also, don't direct me to ask_a_nurse because I got banned from there for diagnosing poison ivy without a medical degree or something.
Did you like watching are you afraid of the dark series?
How have cultural values and preferences of your own ancestors
influenced your genetic makeup?
Is it just me or does this question make no sense? IS I STOOPID OR SUMTHIN?
What's the chief difference between monkeys and apes?
when someone said count your blessings now, did you just not know how?
are you not sure if anybody make real shit anymore?
do you looks like a model, 'cept you got a little mo' ass?
is it to late to apologize, too late?
are you picking up the pieces from spending all of these years putting your heart back together?
do we all just want to be big rock stars?
did you always needed time on your own?
are paper bags and plastic hearts all belongings in shopping carts?
did daddy sing bass? did mama sing tenor?
is it a long way down when all the knots you've tied have come undone?
2. Who's better Captain Kirk or Captain Picard?
3. What's easier to sleep in, A thunderstorm or the calm?
1. He said I was crazy--Roflmao...ok I guess I am.
2. Picard, because I love Patrick Stewart
Are there things that you will not buy generics of just _because_? (Ladies, you can't say toilet paper, it's a given!)
Cereals and Shampoo. I recently got over my need for Mac and Cheese to be Kraft.
2.) Do you plan on doing so this year?
3.) What percentage of your holiday shopping do you do online?
4.) Have you ever regifted?
I want to wear a skirt today that I wore yesterday, but how tacky is that? No one that I saw yesterday is going to see me in it today, and I'm wearing different things with it then yesterday.
I was just put on topiramate, with the brand name of Topamax, for a mood regulator. One of the side effects is weight loss. How likely is it that I will lose weight from it?
I have also been put on an anti depressant, but I take it to fall asleep. Will it also work as an anti depressant even when I'm sleeping, or not? Its called trazodone.
To people who have had extreme anxiety disorders, how do you cope with them?
Okay. Last night i noticed that my female betta's top fin, which had looked gross before, was now pretty much gone. I decided to get fishmeds in the the morning.
Just now I went over to check on her, and i said, "um, there doesn't appear to be a fish in this tank." And i found her in the drawer right beneath it. and I picked her up to throw her out, and she started flipping around!
So she's back in the tank.
HOWEVER she pretty much *looks* like a dead fish. She is now swimming, a bit, but she looks like... like a walmart betta at your average walmart with gross fish (my local walmart is actually really good with their fish, better than the local independent fish store).
I... I was planning on getting melafix for her fin, but any recommendations for fish meds of "bringing you back from the brink of death"?
Do you read Jerk City?
2. do you think that paid users being able to edit comments is a good thing or a bad thing?
3. WILL THE ABILITY TO EDIT COMMENTS RESULT IN UTTER AND COMPLETE CHAOS?
My day is pretty awesome so far:
#1. Won $5 on blingo to Amazon
#2. I get discount movie tickets through work so I'm getting tickets to the Darjeeling Limited tonight at the local indie theater
#3. ITS FRIDAY!
#4. My engine light went off, lol. But I still have an O2/EVAP problem to take care of, but I'm less freaked out by it now, haha.
#5. It's a friend's birthday, so I'm going out drinking with a rowdy band of law students, good times.
EDIT: so, I didn't meet him that long ago, like a week at the most, I dont remember, so I don't wanna be weird and creepy...
Srs and Nonsrs answers.
I need to laugh, I'm kinda sad =P
edit: When you were in elementary/middle/high school, did your textbooks have things written on the pages like, "Go to page 83," and it would start you on a goose chase, going from page to page, and end up saying something like "You smell like fart!"? Did you ever write one of these?
Thanks guys! :) Happy Friday!
*Can my landlord keep making appointments to inspect my apt.? This will be the second inspection in the past two months
(Back story: We've been tenants for a year and a half now and the first lease we signed allowed us to have pets, but the second one did not. There was a dispute about whether there was a verbal agreement or not but to make the story short they let us stay on the condition that they were allowed to inspect our apartment ONCE to make sure that we were not contributing to a smell that was leaking into the building, due to our pets. We passed the inspection but now they want to do it again)
*Also, can anyone recommend a reputable website where I can read up on the laws concerning renting in NYC? I've been looking but most of the ones I've hit seem a little sketchy...
Thanks ahead of time!
1b) Worst of all time?
2) When's the last time you drank orange juice?
What is something YOU do that annoys the crap out of other people?
Have you ever broken up with someone/stopped being friends with someone because they were annoying?
2. How do I decorate my snails' tank for Thanksgiving?
3. What's a coffee-ish drink for people who don't like coffee?
4. Have you ever read The Historian? How did you like it?
( Collapse )
Someone's willing to pay you $300 if you drink four 1-quart Creme Brulee-flavored coffee creamer. Each bottle is poured into a bucket and you have to finish the contents in the next 3 hours to earn the money. 4 quarts of tasty creme brulee-flavored creamer in a bucket. Would you do it in this scenario?
Different scenario. You're offered the same $300 for four 1 quart bottles of creme brulee-flavored coffee creamer, but this time, you're told that each bottle has 63 normal servings and each serving is 35 calories, meaning the entire contents of one bottle is over 2,200 calories, and 4 bottles is over 8,800! Would you drink all 4 bottles for $300 now?
Do you prefer macaroni and cheese from a box, or homemade?
What's the longest you've had to wait to get a call back about a job?
Why do my dogs have to 'fight' over one bone? There's three of them right there and the younger dog is rolling around and crying because the older one is chewing on the one she wants. And whichever one the older dog is chewing on, the younger one wants.
1) Have you ever eaten meat (excluding seafood) from something other than cow/pig/chicken? (that's possibly North-American-centric, I don't know too much about common meats around the world) Like snake, or horse, or something? Did you like it? Can you describe the flavour?
2) Is there any meat you would never try? (Barring some extreme situation like starvation.)
1) I had wild boar once. I didn't like it at all, it tasted... earthy, or something, and extremely strong. My SO was there too, he says he thinks it was just not cooked properly (he's the cook out of both of us), so I might try it again given the opportunity.
2) I don't think I'll ever sample dog or cat. Just couldn't.
ETA: I posted this before lunch break, and now I'm back and this thread is making me extremely hungry, again.
Also, never expected so many people to say they've eaten alligator!
1a) If anyone knows about baseball cards....sending them to get autographed Y/N? I have connections!
2) What should I have for lunch? I don't eat the meat.
3) I've lost 10 pounds. How should I celebrate?
4) What are you buying me for my birthday, bb?
5) What color and font is the text you use on AIM?
1)(b) Why/why not?
The reason I ask is because I never thought of it as a horror movie, but the DVD menu makes it look like one.
2) What is your favorite horror/scary movie?
3) What is the scariest one you've ever seen?
2. Is one of your feet asleep right now? Which one? Why is it asleep?
3. Americans: What will you be doing this weekend to take full advantage of your extra hour?
4. What did you have for lunch?
5. Why are my co-workers freaking out about me having hummus and falafel for lunch?
(I was going to say the first result, but some of those images are huge, so pick whichever one you'd like)
What are your plans for the weekend?
have you ever been called a muff?
were you offended?
( Collapse )
Last night was really shitty. I woke up today and I still feel really shitty. I don't really want to go anywhere, or hang out with anyone, but I'm not sure what to do at home alone all day. Should I:
What should I doooo?
How often/have you ever called in sick when you weren't really sick, or given an untruthful excuse for missing work?
I'm missing a lot of work lately. It's all planned days off and/or for legitimate reasons like doctor's appointments for my kid, but I'm feeling guilty.
I've been avoiding them today (so they don't ask me for help) because of this feeling.
What gets me the most is that they started to copy my studying skills, and it's getting them as high of a score as me. Not only that, but they've copied the style I do homework and everything. I really don't want to feel this bitchy. I couldn't sleep last night because I'm so distraught over this; I really hate myself for feeling this way. Please help. And please no snarky comments; I'm trying to change this part of me. Serious answers would be appreciated, too.
I have bushes lining my sidewalk in front of my house. Every year in October a flower blooms. The flower grows in bunches on the branches and lets off a strong sweet scent. The scent reminds me of honeysuckle.
For years I have been wanting to know what this bush/flower is. I have no idea how to go about searching so I am asking you kind people.
Please take a look under the cut at a couple of (rather large) pictures I have taken of the bush. Let me know what you think!
edited in the form of a question
What in sam's hell are these thinga-majiggers?
( Collapse )
any particular favorite communities/websites for said fanfic?
If yes, what was it?
2. Would you give your child their own cell phone of their own?
2. They said it takes about 48 hours to do. Should I bring it in today or tomorrow? Either way I'll have to spend some time without computer.
3. What should I do for the 48 hours I won't have a computer (keep in mind, I spend 99% of my waking time on the internet)
4. Do you have an external harddrive? What brand? How much did you pay? Are they worth it?
If so, what were they?
Do you still use that term now?
Srs and non-srs please!
( Collapse )
So, the question is: Should we drive or should we take the train?
What are 4 year old girls into? Is there some popular toy or cartoon out for that age right now!
What would a 24 year old guy want? It's my nephew and the past few years I've given him liquor. I'm hoping to get him something else this time. He doesn own a car and he's still slumming it on my sister's couch. I don't want to spend more than $20 on him.
This is a total longshot, but he really loved that hat and I'd like to get him a new one for Christmas.
I'm not asking that you judge them, but why you think people are that way.
However, I'm kind of torn about how to celebrate. Two questions:
a) Should I start celebrating at the stroke of midnight immediately when I turn 21,
or start out earlier (around "happy hour" time) on the 10th?
b) Go downtown to a hole-in-the-wall bar
or dress up and go somewhere fancier?
What did you do? :)
[ETA] Mostly I was looking for some ridiculous statistics by you creative commenters. I know I could get waitlisted or fill out an add slip.
Are you really sensitive to your sleep environment or can you sleep anywhere? What is the strangest place you've ever slept?
Did any of you see where I placed my cell phone?
What is the funniest joke you've ever heard of that shouldn't be funny?
Any thanksgiving questions that are getting annoying yet?
I have financed/taken out a loan for one of the following
2. Should I let the new boy come over tonight? Neither of us care either way, apparently. I want NCMO but I have a sore throat.
are any of your favorite shows getting affected?
are you cold?
can you describe to me your underwear?
1. What is their best pizza?
2. Any other good things to eat there?
I had their wings once and they were good, but again that was about 3 years ago.
I'm open to pretty much any combination of toppings.
ETA: Not all independently owned pizza places are better. My town only has about 5000 people in it, and there's one good pizza place, and 4 shitty places that are locally owned. If I were in say Bloomington, I would not even be asking this question, because the local stuff is awesome.
(Options: delivery pizza, an italian sub, ham and cheese grilled sandwich)
What would you choose out of our humongous bowl of post-Halloween candy?
What do I do?
Whats it about?
Should I tip her? I would think that would be weird. The next time we go out, should I just buy her a drink and say, 'Thanks for the massage'? Or should it be dinner instead of a drink? Or nothing at all since I'm doing her a favor by letting her practice on me (I don't really think that at all, but just threw it out there)?
2. I have a TruTech TV/DVD combination, and recently my DVD player won't work. It froze while I was watching a movie and I took the DVD out and ever since then any time I put a DVD in, it says, "wrong disc". Any ideas what could be wrong or what I could do to fix it?
I just opened a FREE Lorwyn booster for Magic: The gathering and got several goblins I wanted AND Jace Belren. I dont even play blue, but I'm excited. Sigh.
Plans for tonight?
Going to a party for someone I've met twice. Ace.
Why do you think suicide is such an avoided and uncomfortable topic of conversation for people?
What are your favorite movies from the 80's and 90's?
2. Freshly ground coffee beans are worth the time and expense, Y/N?
3. Do you own a robe? Do you actually wear it?
If so, what does it say?
I've been saving up to buy my boyfriend one for his birthday, which is why I'm asking. I can't decide if it would make it more special, or more lame haha. Mine has no engraving.
one question that keeps coming up is how do I prioritise work when I've got several urgent pieces on at once - I'm not really sure what to say- have you guys got any ideas?
any funny interview stories to cheer me up?
Do you get really bad cramps with your period? Muscle aches? Fatigue? Anything else that's disgusting and unwelcome?
Have you ever used cramps as an excuse to get out of something, even though you feel fine? What was it?
Do you feel comfortable talking about your period-business with your friends?
I was in the infant department today and some guy came up to me with a list. He goes, "ma'am! ma'am! Can you help me find this stuff... I have no idea what I'm doing".
After I helped him find the stuff on his list, he goes, "awh, thank ya garl (he had that drawl) Then, he's mummbled something and goes, "God bless yah, garl"
I said, "thanks". lol Now I feel dumb because are you supposed to say "THANKS" when someone says, "God bless you"?
Can you even buy a hedgehog in Oz?
2) Do you go to the bathroom while you're on the phone?
3) You have to personally stab to death your entire family or you have to wipe out half the world's population (you choose which people get wipe out, but you don't have to do it personally). Which option to you choose? Why?
4) You're visiting your hometown and go to the store. Someone you knew years ago who treated you like crap comes up and says Hello. If you had to choose, would you rather pretend to not remember them OR pretend you're not you ("I'm sorry, that's not my name. I think you have me confused with someone! I must look a lot like them, huh?")?
WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP.. do you know what krumping/krumpin' is?
WNTW, Stacey vs Clinton? who do you like better?
1) Do I have to fill out the FAFSA to qualify for a student loan?
2) Whats the difference between a dependent student and an independent student? Age? Living situation?
Basically, anything you guys know about student loans would be awesome.
So what are your opinions on Bob Dylan?
2. how do you listen to music in your car? radio? satellite radio? ipod? cd player?
a. if you use your ipod, how is it connected? does it work well?
b. if you use a cd player, how do you keep track of all your cds?
3. by what artist do you own the most CD's (i had no idea how to properly phrase this sentence, btw)?
4. if you had to backup all your music/picture/document files, how would you do it?
Do you do nothing and let the 15 people die or pull the lever, saving 15 people but killing 1?
2. This time the train carrying 15 passengers is headed for a cliff, but you're standing on a bridge over the train tracks. Also standing with you is a really, really fat man. You are 100% certain that if you pushed the fat man over the bridge and in front of the train, the train would slow to a stop before heading over the cliff. You, however, are too skinny to jump in front of the train yourself and save the lives of the passengers.
Do you let the train go over the edge of the cliff letting 15 people die or do you push the fat guy into the path of the train saving 15 but killing 1?
3. If your answer changed from question 1 to question 2... why did it change?
2. What is the youngest age you remember something of? For example, do you remember things that happened to you when you were 2 years old? My cousin says she remembers her first birthday, is that possible? Or do you think she is lying?
Should I read something other than comic books?
Any suggestions? I'll read just about anything except Westerns.
Can you ever have too many books?
2. Would you wear used lingerie?
3. Would you wear vintage lingerie?
2) If you didn't have to worry about your job/school being upset with it, would you do anything outrageous with your hair/body/clothes? What would it be? I would get full sleeves, dye my hair royal purple, and get a vertical labret!
If you wear contacts, about what percent of the time do they cause you some kind of discomfort? Can you tell me what brand/type they are? Do you follow all the rules of use (ie throwing them away when they expire if they're disposable)?
I wear Acuvue monthly disposables for astigmatism, and I feel like they're constantly presenting some kind of problem - either they seem to be blurry despite having been cleaned, or they fold up funny in my eye, or I can't get them on right in the morning. I clean them with Opti-Free solution. Just looking to see if I am a moron, or have some busted ass lenses or if this is a common issue.
Would you correct someone in a position of authority over you if they said something you knew was wrong? Would it depend on just how wrong they were? For example, getting the date of next year's Easter Sunday wrong versus saying World War One started in the fifties.
Why am I never hungry anymore?
For those of you who wear jewelry--silver or gold?
TQC, what has happened to LJ?
that popped up for a friend. Hahaha.