October 27th, 2007
Do you believe it's possible to tell if someone truly loves you?
If so, how can you tell?
If not, why do you think that?
( Collapse )
edit: it's for a paper on the work of Mel Ramos, who is often viewed as a misogynist blah blah so I have to start at the basics to get to the bottom of a male's view of the female body etc. long story. need help. or coffee.
Is it the Boogeyman?
Who wants to chat, my little chatterers?
2. Same question...for Danny Elfman. (?)
3. When you hear music by Williams, what movie do you think of?
I think Star Wars.
4. When you hear music by Elfman, what movie do you think of?
I think of Nightmare Before Christmas.
5. Do you like either composer?
6. What is your favorite movie score by each?
They say that, 'whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas'. Which of these things can you count on staying in Vegas after you leave?
Most effective methods of birth control
Ladies, you're dating some new guy, and on the second date, you're at a bar/restaurant, and you're both cutting loose, and your guy starts ordering girlie drinks. For himself. From the candy apple to strawberry dacquiri to the lemon drop, each drink in front of him is loaded with extra straws, fruit and the occassional umbrella. How much do you respect him now?
2. When was the last time you accidentally cut yourself? Did it bleed a lot?
3. What was the last nice thing you did for someone else?
4. Last thing you ate/drank?
5. Last person you talked to?
I was once accused by my step-mom of stealing my step-sister's underwear. We worked it out, but only because I told her off. She is bi-polar.Long story :/
What does that phrase mean to you?
Will you post a picture of fancy pants (people or actual pants)?
OMG AM I DYING!!?
2. What do you believe the Holy Grail is?
3. What does God look like?
srs and non-srs answers welcome :)
4. I'm going to Fright Fest at Six Flags in St. Louis. Have you ever been to Fright Fest(at any Six Flags)? How was it?
i think they're good movies and they're fun to watch but what they did with the characters and the story lines made me so angry. i knew there was a reason i avoided those movies for the last 7 years.
1. Do you like cherries? If not, what can I put on my promises for you instead?
2. When was the last time you failed on the interwebz, if ever?
3. What are your plans for this weekend?
4. Do you like giving people money for their birthday if they've invited you to their party? One of my friends refuses to tell me what he wants, saying that he'd prefer money. I'll happily give money to him if that's what he wants, but normally giving people money when everyone else buys presents makes me feel a little cheap and tacky, as though I've put no effort in. What are your general opinions and anecdotes on this matter?
I'm out of the loop of what good movies are playing right now. What's good?
What's a better cereal trio pack: Cookie Crisps, Trix, and Lucky Charms or Applejacks, Corn Pops, and Froot Loops?
2. What's your very best "odd" cleaning tip? Mine is if you've got a sticker on the wall (a frequent problem with kids) and it's not coming off without pulling the paint/wall paper, take a hairdryer and blow on it with medium heat to soften up the sticky, then gently remove. Use GOOGONE to get the remainder of the yuck off.
3. What do you do with clothes that have "sentimental" value that are wasting room in your closet? Stuff that people give you, but you can't throw out for whatever reason.
4. What music do you listen to to get into the cleaning mode?
Its her first plane ride so yeah =] [same friend in this post] She was really nervous, and I tried my best to give her good tips and advice and stuff.
If you could, what would you say to her?
Yes, Ive googled but I cant find the right link that Im looking for.
WHat program transfers your songs from your iPod to your computer? I just got a new hard drive and I need to put my iTunes back.
I thought it was called iShare or something, but that doesnt look like the page I was at before. I had it bookmarked, but then everything got wiped out obviously so I dont have it any more :(
Please someone have mercy on me and my iPod question :x
It was Sharepod!!! Nevermind :)
Did you download the new Radiohead album, In Rainbows?
If you downloaded it, how much did you pay (in your respective currency)?
Do you think this was a good idea, to offer it via download at a price decided by the customer?
EDIT: second question says IF you downloaded it, kids. if you didn't dl it, i know you didn't pay anything.
How do you wish you spent them?
2. If you do, do you dye your hair at home or get your hair dresser to do it?
2a. Ever left the dye on too long?
2b. Ever had the colour turn out WAY different than the box showed?
3. How much do you pay for a haircut?
on that note, does alcohol make you more or less horny?
for me, it takes away my urge to flirt with members of the opposite sex. its really weird, because usually thats a big part of my personality.
Edit: I've found my answer. I'm starting out with knitting videos instead of a book. Thanks so much! Have a great Halloween!
Do you like dressing up in costumes?
EDIT: Do you have any pictures of you dressed in a costume? If so, plz share.
How should I celebrate?
i looked online and found a couple of stolen iPod registries, but is there really anyway to track a stolen iPod for real?
Has anyone ever got their iPod back once it has been stolen?
Do you usually start a tab?
Have you ever bought a round of drinks for everybody at the bar?
If not, why not?
( Collapse )
HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT GETTING ANOTHER ONE?
WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?
WHAT WOULDN'T YOU DO FOR MONEY?
IS MY CAPSLOK BUGGIN YA?
How would you describe your service (okay, good, excellent)?
How many anytime minutes do you have? do you often go over on your minutes?
people say i talk too much on the phone, i have 700 anytime minutes, 100 anytime minutes that they gave to me for being a good customer about a year ago, and free nights and weekends..but i somehow always manage to go over on it...i used over 2200 night and weekend minutes this month alone...is that excessive?
I'm also quite bored. I just watched everything new on adultswim- could you dirrect me to some amusing videos or websites please?
For those you in school. Do you like your courses for the semester? Do you like your teacher, classmates topics of study?
For cat owners- are your cats strictly indoor cats, or do you let them outside? What are your thoughts on people who bring thier cats outdoors on a leash?
And one more annoying halloween question: What is the lamest or most awkward costume you've ever seen? Please describe or bet yet show a picture.
1. Is your favorite part of halloween the pumpkin carving?
2. How many days before halloween did you get your pumpkin?
3. How many days before halloween did you carve it?
4. Share a pic of your pumpkin!
( Collapse )
2)Do you have any pictures of you in a costume or wearing a mask, for Halloween or any other reason? Please show them.
eta: when you're going through this at the airport, and you have your digicam on you.. for you that carry a purse/bag, do you LEAVE it in your purse/bag while it goes through the scanner? or do y'all take it out of the bag and carry it with you.. one of my friends left hers in her purse (which went through the scanner) while she walked through this and she noticed that the scanner basically fucked up her digicam.. would the same thing happen to a disposable camera?
Do you have rules about your private space that seem to be ignored?
If the cats get all over my stuff I end up having a pretty bad reaction, so I need my door closed to keep them out, but everyone will leave it open. My computer chair is a wreck because the cats are always scratching it and playing on it and spilled a can of coke on it last night.
What is something that drives you crazy? Bad drivers, annoying customers, naggy in-laws?
Have you or would you ever participate?
Is Dead Silence a good movie? My husband rented it and I am going to watch it with him when he gets home.
What is the most offense/disturbing thing you've seen or heard recently?
Edit: Ever see an egg that had two yokes in it? I was making brownies and cracked one open.
Edit: Oh yeah, why do some grocery stores give you discounts or bonus incentives for bringing your own bag but they don't give it to you if you don't use any bag at all, when the effect on the environment is the same?
should i go even though i dont have a costume?
What is the most recent discovery you have made?
I normally really dislike them, but I bought a pair of cordouroy hightops... just because I really wanted cordouroy shoes. My store recently got a new pair in called "Cream" - they look like this. I'm thinking of getting them.
2 - Should I buy those?
3 - Is it true they're like, 50 euro in Europe? My job's right next to the San Francisco airport, and we get tons of Europeans coming in with a giant list of colors. They'll buy a dozen pairs of shoes for their friends and relatives.
2. What is song #361 on your winamp/other music player?
3. What do you use as your alarm clock?
4. I love the song Last Straw, AZ by Jack's Mannequin (but only the live version, strangely). In it, he sings, "There are some things I'll never understand -- why a country needs a God and a woman needs a man." So tell me, TQC, why does a country need a God and why does a woman need a man?
5. What's the most irrational thing you've ever done?
What was the last thing to make you happy? Gloat/gush away if you want.
What was the last thing that made you proud of yourself? Brag away!
What was the last thing to scare you? Tell me about it if you want.
2) Girls: Favorite undies on the person you're attracted to (boxers, briefs, etc.)
Guys- same question (thongs, boy shorts, boxers, bikinis, etc.)
3) Do you want to ruin a certain someones life? I do and I think about it time to time.
4) For fun- post a picture of anything you want.
How'd it go?
If you don't know what the Cinnamon Challenge is.
TQC, what is wrong with me? :(
Also, I am moving this weekend. How many times have you moved and how old are you? Which do you hate more, packing or unpacking?
This is my 17th move in 23 years. Packing sucks. :(
The party started 3 hours ago, but will probably last all night. It doesn't look like I'm going to be getting much more work done, but it's all due on Monday and I'm nowhere near done. If I go, I probably won't wake up until midday tomorrow so I'll only have the afternoon to complete it.
Should I try to block out the noise and crack down on my work, or should I go and be sociable? If I go, I need to be in costume, but I guess I could just wear black with black make-up and go as... death or something...
What's up with that?
2. What do your usual sundays consist of?
3. Arn't roast dinners the best?
4. Orange squash or orange juice?
how did you choose your pet? not the species or breed, but your particular pet?
for instance, when you were looking for your animal friend, did the one you eventually pick do something cute to convince you? were they just the cutest/best looking of all the other animals? did they have a very obvious personality? or did it even matter? were they picked out as a gift for you by someone else?
will you post a picture of your pet?
The Good: I am very outgoing.
The Bad: I can be very bossy at times.
The Ugly: I sometimes hurt people's feelings just to see how much they really care.
Long Distance Relationship + Job = Trouubblee.
So I'm 16, almost 17 and my boyfriend lives in another state. I visit him/he visits me every school holidays. Lately I have decided I should get a part time job. I need a job to pay for the plane tickets mainly. But I am wondering if it will even work. If I get a job and then they expect me to work during a the holidays and I am planning on visiting my boyfriend therefore I can't work for that week or two..are they going to fire me? Should I not even bother? Is my only option to take the chance and hope my future employer is super understanding and all for teenage romance? I can't not visit my boyfriend, but I can't keep going on without any money....What do you think is the best thing for me to do and/or expect?
SO,TQC members who are parents:
What are your kids going to be for Halloween?
Are you going to walk around with them?
Is there a time limit are the trick or treating?
Any of their friends throwing parties?
Are you going to dress up?
Has anyone had to send something in to Nintendo to get repaired? How long did it take? Were you happy with the results?
1. do you defrag your PC?
2. clean out your inbox/deleted items?
3. run a virus scan?
4. clean up your hard drive?
What's the weirdest benefit you've gotten from LJ?
What's the last online argument you had? Did you win?
Do you ever have well-reasoned discussion with people who have differing opinions? Online or in real life?
Are you home when they clean your house? If so, what do you do when they're there?
TQC, it's possible to motivate someone, right?
have you done it? what were your ideas/approaches?
what are you doing at this exact moment?
do you have any pictures of your first best friend?
if not, do you have any of you and some of your friends from elementary school?
what was your favorite year of school?
during what year did you learn the most?
Oh, goddamnit, why did I forget to buy toothpicks again?
What are some cities that have a very good climate for intellectual person and especially writers and literature/history geeks which is what I consider myself
I don't care about the climate or where it is
It needs to be tolerant and not extremely expensive and a place with a lot of history and bookstores and such.
I'd like a diverse place with a stimulating environment
I just want to hear what others think...
I want to make a tshirt with sewn-on letters (since I'm too cheap to get one printed for the two times I'm going to wear it), and I need something nice and solid, somewhere along the lines of Rough Draft (in the shape, at least), without anything fancy. Just easy to transfer to fabric, cut out and sew onto a shirt. I've been looking around Dafont.com for ages, but I can't seem to find anything proper.
2. Who's your favorite NFL team? I'm sure you can guess mine from my icon.
3. Do you watch/like/read books by Suze Orman? I watch her. I picked up one of her books, and I find myself reading it in her voice.
4. Do you like cocktail wiennies with barbeque sauce? They may be unrefined, but I love them!
5. How do you properly spell "wiennies"? It just doesn't look right.