If so, did you ever outgrow it?
2. Is it weird that I, as a girl, like to spray things with Axe? Like my room, my hoodies and jackets...Not like I do it daily but yeah. It weirds my mom out lol
3. How're you today? :P
2. what do you think the next fad will be?
3. first cds, then mp3s, what next?
4. if you could play records in your car, would you?
5. is anyone as upset as me that scrubs is in it's last season? bummer :(
Every once in a while, she'll growl if someone is disturbing her when she's trying to sleep, but that's about it. Even when she's hungry, she just runs around and purrs until someone feeds her.
Right now, however, my cat is sitting outside of my room (the door is open) and meowing repeatedly. She won't shut up.
What the hell is wrong with my cat?
2) If you have a credit card, what does it look like?
3) What is the next thing you're really looking forward to?
2) Mine has a puppy and a kitty on it, lol
3) I guess my friend's halloween party this Saturday...or my birthday in 30 days!
4) Nothing actually!
How early is too early to be excited about Christmas?
I know it's two months away but it's my favourite time of year :(
But now, I just want to know: does anybody here actually watch that show? And if so...why?
What would you think of a woman dating an ex-con who beat her (one time and stole money and broke stuff) and stayed with him after dumping him for a couple months?
What would you think of a woman who is a corrections officer dating an ex-con who beat her (one time and stole money and broke stuff) and stayed with him after dumping him for a couple months?
What would you think of a woman who is a corrections officer dating an ex-con who beat her (one time and stole money and broke stuff) and stayed with him after dumping him for a couple months and is your mother-in-law?
Would you think she is a complete fucking idiot and have no respect for her?
What you just read is an excerpt from glitterati_core's journal.
Does that surprise you?
Do you find it funny?
glitterati_core or Britney Spears?
What are you doing right now?
Are you thinking about glitterati_core?
2) If you rarely saw your SO and got to spend 5 days with them, what would you want to do?
3) I'm flying in to see him and I want to do something cute when I get off the plane but I'm unsure as to ideas other than running up to him and jumping on him. Any better ideas?
1. How should I handle the situation ( Collapse )
2. When was the last time you were really angry? What about?
Are they a lost cause? Should I leave them in there? Higher temp?
I don't get it.
Edit: They're ruined.
I have to get a DVD burner today because the one in my laptop is shot and I have an assignment to hand in tomorrow and it must be burned to DVD.
In cruising Best Buy last night there are an assortment of internal DVD burners that range from $40 to $120 and there is also an external burner with this litescribe feature and power dvd included for $118
which would be the better option?
Also, the reason why I have to buy this instead of fixing the drive in my laptop is because it's technically still the schools property until I graduate tomorrow and they would have fixed it for free for me. I was told to bring it to the tech guys at the beginning of the month in september and they would put me at the top of the line.
The tech guys basically said...no deal, I had to fill out a form and they would estimate how long a wait it would be before they could fix my computer. That was fine, I could deal with that so I did that and they told me to come back at the beginning of October.
When I went back they basically said that due to sloppy filing and changing locations on campus they had no record of me ever being put on the wait list. I'm not sure how they don't back this list in their computer system...that seems fucked.
Anyways, because they told me they would fix this thing two months ago and now they havent and I have to fork over for a burner myself...should I hand the program director the bill and explain the situation?
What is your favorite part of the song?
What animal could've done a shit so smelly that I can smell it all the way up here?
Should I check for a flaming bag of poo on the doorstep?!
1. How can I calm myself down?
2. Do you think he's going to fire me? He said he wanted to discuss wages, job title and "lots of other things, you know". It sounded very ominous. I am convinced he only mentioned the first two things to lull me into a false sense of security. ETA: I yelled at a superior on Sunday. We had a pretty severe argument (see these posts) where he said some very harsh things to me.
3. Would you like one of my Thortons chocolates?
4. Ever had a crush on a co-worker?
I just woke up from mine. :(
2) Have you ever heard a name given to the concept of objects traveling long distances by being passed from person to person? e.g you leave your pen on a desk at the library in Oxford, someone else picks it up, drops it on the bus, it gets picked up by the driver and used to sign a till receipt at the supermarket etc. etc. until it somehow ends up in Texas? I used my googlefu on 'object migration' but all I'm getting is IT stuff.
3) I kind of want to do NaNoWriMo, but there's this screenplay that I really kind of need to get written down before February (personal reasons, not employment). Should I sign up anyway even with the foreknowledge that I'm going to get utterly pwnt/it's just a more productive form of procrastination?
4) Anyone got a cake recipe I could try? Be aware that my house is lacking in anything with a cost of over 70 pence.
(I cut it down but it's still a bit of a teal deer sry)
If you could ruin anyone's morning right now, who would it be?
If you could wake someone up as rudely as possible right now, how would you go about doing it?
What are your obligations this morning?
2. What is the weirdest thing about you?
3. What is on your bedside table?
4. Are you cheap or thrifty?
5. Ever been in love with 2 people at the same time?
2. how's everyone's week been so far?
3. would you tell me 'bout the last person you talked to?
How many? Smoking or non?
What would you like to drink?
May I take your order?
Would you like dessert?
Do you, even after all the adult conditioning about a "mature" understanding of human sexuality, still squirm or find it difficult to use these words? Be totally honest.
Are you comfortable discussing sex with your parents?
I am a hostess there and we get paid very well at $8 an hour so my paychecks are usually 250ish every two weeks and I really do love the people I work with and my job isn't that hard. I'm also 17 years old and live at home since I'm in high school still so I don't have any bills to pay. I just pay for anything extra I want to do and help out my parents or sisters if they need anything when I'm around as well as saving up money for college in the fall.
Should I just keep working there until it goes under or should I quit after Christmas season no matter what?
[I'm probably going to keep the idea of a new job in my head so I won't be out of work for too long.]
2. what do you like about dmb?
3. is there come kind of cultish following that i'm not aware of?
2. not a thing.
3. more than likely.
Do you use any condiments with steak?
Do you like anything cooked with it (i.e. mushrooms, onions, etc.)?
Does anyone else do this?
Do you have any other recurring non-sexual fantasies or daydreams?
Do you think this says anything about me in particular?
2. What is the status of your LJ? (Exclusively FO, half f-locked/half open, mostly open, entirely open, private)
Do you know anyone who does this? How the hell do you start doing it?
I find it absolutely intriguing that people would PAY for this shit.
Do you listen to NPR? What's your favorite program?
I'm addicted to This American Life lately. My favorite so far has been the one about how to talk to kids.
(e.g, my mom thinks you 'pick your parents' when you're 'up in heaven' but she isn't religious in any way so this is a bit odd)
I've finally overcome my fear of driving. I'm 23. Is it pathetic that I haven't gotten my license until now?
Can anyone tell me what to expect on an Illinois test? Should I be nervous? I've been driving on and off for the last few weeks. I suck at parking, but I think I've finally mastered backing up.
I got my first car yesterday! My husband went and bought it when I was in class. It is a 1992 Cavalier. What was your first car?
under what circumstances, if any, do you believe one person should be civilly liable for the actions of another?
example: you leave your car running at a store/post office/friend's house/whatever while you run in and do your business. someone comes along, steals your car, causes a 42 car pileup and 12 people are hurt or killed.
should you be held civilly or criminally responsible?
does your answer change depending on whether or not you locked the door when you got out and left your vehicile running (pretend you have a spare key)?
does your answer thance if the thief is a minor?
If you are more of a tea person, do you have a kettle at home or do you just nuke water in the microwave?
If you are more of a coffee drinker, were do you get it? Make it at home or buy it on the way to work?
Tea drinkers: What is your favorite kind of tea?
Coffee drinker: What is your favorite kind of coffee?
As I, an insidious bastion of atheism, go on an interview there today. Oh, lawdy lawdy.
Where are you right now?
What can you see out the window?
Do you have one of those free-standing holders?
See, some genius put the toilet paper holder under the counter next to the toilet in my bathroom and you really can't easily get to it when you're sittin' so I set the roll on the counter itself on on the bookshelf. (Yes, I have a little bookshelf in my bathroom, for storage.) I've been eying one of those chrome free-standing TP holders at Target, though.
1. Does your car have a name?
2. What is it?
3. How about a theme?
4. Any nick knacks you keep in there?
5. Funky seat covers?
6. Decals o
6. Anything else that makes your car unique?
i finally got to see drew carrey as the host of the price is right.
i kinda liked bob barker better.
what about you? do you think drew is doing a good job
ETA: i can't believe he does the pet thing at the end of the show. its totally bob's thing!
Do you visit Cuteoverload.com?
Have you submitted any photos?
Can you show me your favorite cute picture/video?
What is your favorite casserole dish?
Can you post the recipes for the top two questions?
What is one food that you like that a lot of people find gross?
What about your all-time favorite sit down restaurant?
What about favorite fast food place?
What's wrong with you lately?
For those who didn't go to college, do you regret it? Do you think you're lief would be different if you did go to college?
are you using hotmail?
2) Contact, glasses, both, or none?
3) How many seconds are there in a calendar year? =]
Have you ever seen a worse hairstyle?
1. What does one wear to the State Opening of Parliament, where the Queen (and Prince Charles) will be present?
2. What do you do when the Member of Parliament who you're interning for is expecting a baby with his wife? Do you get a card?
*Edit: The baby is due on the spring; I'm only going to be in London interning until December
Mine was, for an assignment for which we had to turn in copies of all our sources, citing (and turning in copies of) a book written entirely in German.
This question inspired by noticing the book on my shelf. it's sortof... an entire wikipedia article about Germany, history of germany, economics of germany, etc.
I got away with it. did you?
Also, what does your laugh sound like?
Is it annoying? :)
Which means I'm spending the next three days immersed in math reviews and practice problems. Yay!
1. Do you like math? Hate it? Indifferent?
2. Which of the following did you like: algebra, geometry, calculus, physics, other maths I may have forgotten. (Yes, I personally count Physics as a math AND a science).
3. If you had to take a math test in three days, how well do you think you'd do? This isn't practical application stuff, this is that algebra your teachers lied about when they said you'd use it in normal life (if you're a scientist, then obviously you're special).
4. Do you actually use lots of math in your everyday life?
5. Do you remember Mathman and Mathnet on Square One?
( Collapse )
2. What color post-its should I start using next - lime green or hot pink?
3. How long is too long to go without a shower?
4. Is there a color that you think generally doesn't look good on anyone?
5. What are some words that people use in a different country that make you giggle? (Or that you just like, find amusing, etc.) ex. If you're British, what are some American words? etc.
If you've eaten a meal on Delta, what was it? Yummy factor: would you eat it again or would you rather starve than touch that stuff?
Are you able to compare it to Air Canada's *new* meals? (Not the old crap like the soggy chicken)
I ask because the company that makes Delta's food is located about 40 minutes from where I live and once a month they sell off the extra meals at a decent price (apparently cheaper than M&M Foods and of better quality healthwise - no fat/salt - because of airline restrictions). I'm willing to pay more for something that tastes GOOD (or just make meals myself, when not so lazy), rather than save money and eat crap. So I'm wondering if it's worth it.
Mayor Giuliani states that it's a Second Amendment right that all law-abiding, mentally stable citizens, even blind ones should be able to carry and fire a gun.
Is he a bill of rights champion or a complete idiot?.......Your thoughts?
We'd always call it 'the willies', though I don't know exactly why. Or why you feel funny in your special place, but I suppose I can google that later.
2 How do you like your toast?
I used to butter it straight out of the toaster, but a few years ago started to let it sit and cool for a few minutes first, and then butter it and put the spread on. I much prefer colder toast these days - it doesn't get soggy!
3 What's with all the wisdom teeth questions in the last few weeks? Are you all going through a growth spurt, or something? It seems like there's a new question about who's got them/had them/tore them out every other day!
What was the "gross thing"?
If you have or get grey hair what do you or plan to do?
EDIT2: I looked in the fridge, and I am out of eggs!!! The cupcakes will have to wait until tomorrow. =(
1. How many pets do you 'own'?
2. What are they?
3. What are their names?
4. How long have they been part of your family?
5. Do you treat them as if they were family or just as 'pets'?
6. If you could feasibly bring any animal you've always wanted into your home, what would it be? Any reason why?
7. What is the best name for a pet EVER?
Best douchebag award moment that has happened to you at work so far (i.e. a coworker being stupid towards or around you)?
Halloween's upon us, and that means, trick-or-treaters. What do you plan on giving out to costumed kiddies on the 31st?
Activities you might engage in this Halloween
If you had to dress up for Halloween, the main objective you'd be trying to achieve is...
2. Do you know your credit score?
How do I get rid of the smell of ass??
I'm up at my desk right now and the stench is stuck in my nasal passages!! It's wicked!!
I mean in a place that has an actual store, not online only. :)
Which show would you pick?
No ticky boxes because you only get tickets to ONE show so you have to pick one ; )
I spent last winter traveling Europe, staying at hostels and rundown hotels - it's time for a step up. Just got back from Vegas, too - the range of casino hotels there was mind boggling!
Flying from San Francisco, and I've got a valid passport - just looking to see where I could go!
Is New Orleans still a good place?
Will my iPod and iPhone both work there?
(hahaha yeah, I know it's a long shot... but at this point it's my only option left.)
2. Is it required in order to get a license where you live?
3. How is it administered - privately, through schools, neither, both?
4. Would you ever be a driver's ed instructor?
(I outgrew that service ages ago. yay gmail!)
((I'm thinking Plato/Aristotle, or Socrates/Plato, or perhaps some AU verse in which it's a giant lemon party between them all.))
ETA: How the hell did I put wrote?
Other than prostitution.
What/ Who was it that convinced you?
Where did you learn this?
If you aren't a believer in global warming, explain a little bit about why not.
I'm more curious about this "hell" I'm going be facing, but if you want to try to describe your concept of "heaven" (or your equivalent) to me, I wouldn't mind hearing it.
Are nervous to go?
what is it called???
2. i just ran into a very attractive boy who i thought i would never see the likes of again. he was visiting his sister at UCSC and i saw him on my way to Bioethics. 'twas very strange...
whats the weirdest thing thats happened to you today?
What other goodies might be useful?
2) U like mai shoes, bbs?
3) Speaking of my friend who puts me down all the time. It kind of hurts my feelings, but I pretend it doesn't because we've known each other a long time. Am I pathetic for still wanting her as my friend?
4) What is a random fact about you that most people don't know or that I wouldn't know just from looking at you?
5) How did your day go today?
How is your day going?
Anything good to share with the group?
What's funnier? Strippers in W.V. or White boys who think they are black and say things like homies.
I just got a new job (woot) and now I'm tired. I thought about taking a bubble bath, but I don't like the idea of just sitting there for half an hour. Maybe I'll just nap instead.
B. Have you done anything to help someone else unwind after a long day?
I made chocolate chip cookies
2. have you read any F Scott Fitzgerald books OTHER than The Great Gatsby?
3. are you in college?
4. do you have an SO? do you get sick of people asking questions relating to SOs?
5. are you annoyed with this post?
6. those of you who are virgins - by choice or just haven't had an opportunity?
8. why does christianity get bashed so much in this community?
Dissatisfaction with realism and neorealism has led to several efforts at reexamining the basic tenets of classical liberalism and post-WWI idealism. (Two examples of this neoliberalism can be found in the literature of transnational interdependence and international regimes. How do these perspectives advance our understanding of world politics beyond what we can learn from realism and neorealism?
What do "these perspectives" refer to: "transnational interdependence and international regimes", or "classical liberalism and post-WWI idealism"? Also, do you think the parenthesis is a typo, or do you think there's supposed to be another one? If so, where do you think it goes?
No, contacting the prof is not an option.
edit; Question answered, thanks!
Do you know of any other words/letters/characters, in whatever language, that look like things?
What do you think of this picture:
Do you consider it offensive?
1. Do you care about global warming?
2. If yes, how have you changed your lifestyle to reduce your carbon emissions (on a holistic scale)? Or do you think it's "too late" and/or you "can't do anything about it"?
3. Don't you think it's incredibly hypocritical when people try to convince you global warming is a problem and people need to do something about it when they don't do anything about it themselves?
ETA: 4. Do you think people place way too much emphasis on global warming as opposed to other global environmental, social and political issues? What do you think we really need to focus on? Or is it worthless because few people will ever try to learn much/do anything about any serious problem?
ETA: 5. Do you consider food miles when buying your produce/food? What about other products? Do you consider the energy that went into making it, transporting it, etc. and compare that to the price and how much you actually "need" it?
I can has kidney infexun cure?
if yes: what is your favorite episode? why?
if no: why not? is there another awesome animated series (NOT anime, though) that you like instead?
my favorite episode is "the problem with popplers" because of the SONG:
(sung to the tune of "sailor's hornpipe")
pop a poppler in your mouth when you come to fishy joe's
what they're made of is a mystery
where they come from no one knows
you can pick 'em
you can lick 'em
you can chew 'em
you can stick 'em
if you promise not to sue us you can shove one up your nose!
If so, what's your favorite way of preparing it?
Should I put a couch, a futon, or a bed in my spare room? OR should I just not have any space for guests to sleep and make it my office/whatever room?
Why does yahvah hate me so much?
And since Tv-Links is gone forever, I have turned to the radio.
What are some good, ENTERTAINING, talk radio stations?
Eg. KROQ has some really interesting segments like Loveline with Dr. Drew. Something like that?
Did your mom date Homer Simpson? Did you get a new job? Did you totally get it on with a hottie last night? Tell me anything you are proud of today, please.
Please give me a link or SOMETHING to keep me occupied??????
I will love you long time.
2) I got bored, so I googled a friend of mine's screennames and name and read posts she made and stories she put online. Was that a weird thing to do?
3) Do you let one gender get away with doing things you'd never let the other gender get away with? (Example: A friend of mine came up and jokingly smacked my butt the other day. She's a girl. If a guy had done this, he have gotten verbally assaulted in the least.)
4) Someone I know says she thinks people who aren't in favor of all public bathrooms being unisex are lame and uptight. If all public bathrooms became unisex, I'd pretty much never use the bathroom in public. Thoughts?
5) My friend's birthday is coming up and I accidentally bought a bag that is a bit too big for her presents. Is it weird to just used the bag anyway? Am I over thinking this?
-I'm going to San Fancisco to my friend's memorial service. I'm scared.
2. What is your favorite accent?
-I love listening to Indians talk. I like how they artculate.
3. Is it harder for you to keep working or to give up?
-I have such a hard time giving up.
Can you sing like a celebrity? (That is, can you make your voice similar to theirs?)
I CAN SING LIKE BILLIE JOE
Which got me thinking.
Do you like your SOs name? What is it?
Also, if you have children, what are their names? How did you decide on it?
What's the strangest craving you've had lately?
Did you give in to it?
2. I am an English major. After I graduate, can I ever really have a decent and rewarding career doing anything other than teaching?
3. What was your major? What do you do now?
Did I deliver?
Did I not want to cross the line too badly?
(My answers: yes, yes, yes)
Poos can be sneaky. Which is your least favorite?
Farts can be smelly. Which is yours like, usually?
How do you pee?
Which do you love to do?
ETA: I spelled stinky wrong.
Eat my ass :)
Why do so many people have them? Now I'm one of them too!
1) What is your gender?
2) What is your sexual identity?
3) Do you think that bisexuality exists?
4) Would you date a bisexual? Why or why not?
5) Any further comments or thoughts about bisexuality?
I await answers with great fear.
EDIT *rolls in you joyfully* You guys are fantastic.
whats one thing that you do that is extreeeeeeemely immature? and how old are you?
would you take the money
accept the thank you and decline the money
At the moment there's some major drama going on at my school due to a lousy professor. I sent an email to the course director voicing my concern but now I'm wishing I would have just stayed out of it. Even though my email was calm and rational, I just feel like I did the wrong thing.
2. Would you move across country for it? Have you?
3. If you have, how hard was it? What would you recommend doing or what did you do to make things easier?
Where I live it's called Beggar's Night, but after googling it looks a little Ohio-centric.
I am a single mom. My son's name is Jackson.
Jackson's father's name is Rich.
Rich and I arent together. We arent friendly. Jackson and I do not go to their family events/functions. I know that my child is part of their family, but I do not consider myself to be part of their family. Okay?
Rich's brother Jon and Jon's girlfriend Nicole had a baby 6 months after I had Jackson. They had a little girl, Brooke.
I spend quite a bit of time with Nicole and Brooke (we have weekly play dates and such)
Jon and Nicole arent married, but they are engaged.
Here is my question:
I know that Jackson and Brooke are cousins, but am I Brooke's aunt?
When I get married will my husband be her uncle?
I know it really doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things, but Im just curious as to what you think. It seems odd to me that I would be her aunt because I dont see how I am really related to her. But I dont know.
What do you think?
Would anyone else be hurt?
EDIT ; He is 2000 miles from home at college, therefore, away from his family too.
Sushi. I just don't get the appeal. just the smell of it makes me sick.
2. What is the last song you listened to?
Jem - "They"
3. When is the last time you cuddled with another person?
last Sunday morning.
Did it ruin your relationship?
Deux: What's the most consecutive hours you've ever slept?
1.) Should I get wine or vodka?
2.) If I do get vodka, what drink should I make from it?
what are they?
I am being the Wicked Witch of the West (from the Wizard of Oz/Wicked) for Halloween. Now, I'm not painting myself green here, so Im trying to wear as much green as I can. I wanted green tights/knee highs/thigh highs/leggings/ect, but because of my plus-sized-ness was unable to find any in time (without ordering online). So tonight I found green tights and bought them quickly, fairly sure they wouldn't fit. But the store was closing and I had to go. So after all this TL;DR, TQC...
1. How could I make tights into knee highs??
2. Are you excited for Friday?
Which did you get accepted to?
Which did you not get accepted to?
Which did you go to? Are/ were you happy with that decision?
What was your GPA in high school?
who is one of your favorite people here in TQC? latenightdrives, ilu bb.