Also who else waits until 11 pm on Sunday to start their weekend homework? Who is still on livejournal while doing the previously stated homework?
October 15th, 2007
Also who else waits until 11 pm on Sunday to start their weekend homework? Who is still on livejournal while doing the previously stated homework?
Intel® Core™ Duo
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo
AMD Athlon 64 X2
AMD Turion 64 X2
Should I send it all? Should I send some? Should I send none?
Cuz I'm sensing a lot of bitterness here. :)
Which brand did you use? How well did it work? (If you remember) Where did you buy it/how much did it cost?
I probably don't, but I feel as though I need to explain this question: A few months ago I ran my bike into some barbed wire while wearing shorts (in my defense there was not supposed to be a random, half-fallen down barbed wire fence on that trail, but yeah I'm still an idiot) so now I have a bunch of scars on my legs. They are Not. Pretty.
are you anyone's favorite person? whose?
What should you be doing right now?
(I think my answer is obvious, hehe.)
Bad idea? Fantastic idea? Boring?
How do you think that may have developed?
What's for breakfast?
What's the best movie you've ever seen involving revenge or vigilantism?
How many of the nine Supreme Court justices can you name?
What does that say about you?
If it is, how do you use it in a sentence?
Did/do you have a highschool sweetheart?
What are you waiting for?
Have you learned anything new recently?
How are your grades?
Should I be surprised that my younger cousin turned out to be an obsessed anime fan, when back in the day he kicked me in the stomache for making fun of his pokemon?
*So, I have a 1000 word essay due on Thursday. How should I split up my time writing it? All today? 333 words a day? All Wednesday night? HELP ME MAKE CHOICES, INTERNET!
*I am going to the doctor to get medication for panic attacks today. Have you ever taken any meds for that? Details?
*It's 8:35 now, and I have a class at 9:30, and I still have to eat, shower, get dressed, and do homework. Do you ever procrastinate this well?
*Is there anything you'd like to share with me? A story, a rant, a complement, an insult? Now is your chance! go!
What do you do to get yourself focused? I've been staring at my essay prompts for 3 days...and I keep getting distracted
What is the best way to get people to mingle/mix with different groups of people at a party?
If you had to be somewhere other than where you are at this moment, and the option to be asleep somewhere is not included, where would you be?
What are the reasons for your choice?
Are you watching Drew Carey's first day on The Price is Right?
If yes, what do you think?
2) As soon as I read that, I ran to tell my mom about it because we trade celebrity news all the time. She didn't know what a strap-on was! Does your mom/would your mom know what a strap-on is?
3) Speaking of strap-ons (I'm just in a 'talking about strap-ons' kinda mood!), when I was about 12 I was playing hide and seek with two girls, Friend-A and Friend-B. We were in Friend-A's house. Friend-B tried to hide in Friend-A's parent's closet and found a strap-on on one of the shelves. She screamed and I came running in with Friend-A.
-If you were Friend-A, would you be freaked out at having found a strap-on in your parents closet?
-If you were Friend-B, would you have screamed or done something else?
4) My other friend's boyfriend told her he wanted to try buttsex. She's very uncomfortable about the idea and doesn't want to, but he wouldn't let it drop. So, she said that she would do it, on one condition: If he goes and buys a strap on and lets her use it on him first. Now he has dropped the idea because he thinks getting it in the ass by his girlfriend would be "nasty". What do you think of this arrangment? Doesn't Shanda's boyfriend sound like a dickhead?
5) Do you own a strap-on? Do you use it?
6) How are you today anyway? Shall I rub your shoulders, m'dear?
2. What are your plans for today? Or tomorrow if it's night time where you are.
3. What's the most insulting thing your SO (ex, current or otherwise) has ever said to you without actually meaning to be insulting?
1. THIS MUCH.
2. Laze around in bed all day, collect the kids from school, cook dinner, laze around in bed some more. It's a thrilling life.
3. My boyfriend told me on Friday that he liked the line bit on my groin/hips my where my belly started to stick out. I was like '.......................................
Anyone else not get what's so incredible about it?
Is there something you can't stand that lots of other people think is awesome?
Does it bewilder you?
On the switch it goes:
| cool | off | heat | emergency |
It feels like I'm the only one, and maybe that makes me boring :( I just really like cereal, toast, and yogurt!
2. Did you shower this morning?
I did indeed. I love morning showers!
What's the worst collection a guy can have?
TQC takes a field trip to a swap meet. Where will you be spending the majority of your time?
2. Can you recommend a song for me that can be sung by a guy whose best friend just died as sort of a memorial? (It's for literary purposes.)
3. What's the most irritating thing that woke you up lately?
Why does kiwi make her scream?
And what's the yellow fruit she holds up in 1.16?
I have the lyrics, but what the heck is the song about?
And what's with the licking of things and them turning to life?
Is it as catchy to you as a friend and I have found it to be?
And do you find that you're drawn to a certain part of the song/lyrics/footage?
Preferably with the logo shown below, although it doesn't have to have the silver detail. It seems I see them everywhere until I'm looking for them. Thanks.
Have you ever called in a bomb threat or similar?
If you could change one thing about your schooling what would it be (and does it relate to the previous question)?
Anyone have any ideas?
Being a small-ish female about to live on my own, a self-defense course seems like a not-so-bad option.
But the other options are yoga and pilates.
So. Self defense, Yoga or Pilates?
so, what's the good news?
what about the bad news?
do you pay it forward?
anyone in your life that you're glad you know?
2a. Do you forget your dreams easily?
2b. Do you write your dreams down?
You guys seem to get sort of left out here at TQC, so here's a few for you.
1) What do you find attractive in women?
2) Do you think you place as much importance on our weight as we do? EDIT: As in, does a girl's weight have a large amount of sway on whether you are interested in them? If so, to what degree? Do you have a range of weight you're OK with? Do you think we worry about our weight way more than you even think about our weight?
3) What scares you away, or has scared you away from a chick?
4) Anything else to add? This is your time to shine!
At my office, if you call and no one picks up after x amount of time, the call gets forwarded to a voicemail service (at a different number).
On Friday, I left the office early, so I dialed 72#[my cell number] to get calls forwarded to my cell.
This morning, I came in, dialed 73# to cancel the forwarding. It didn't work. I called Verizon, they told me it's supposed to be *73. Tried that, didn't work. Called them back, they said they'd look into it. They called me back, said it's not a problem on their end, call the VM company. So I did. Apparently, they can't do anything either, I need to contact some PBX thingamajig.
Ok, I'm stuck. I have no idea how the PBX thingamajig is, don't know know how to find out. I just want the office phone to ring instead of my cell!
What do I do?
Are you any good at it? What about latte art?
( Collapse )
Will you tell me a funny story about something someone has said?
My story, actually my friends: My friends grandma told her that when she was younger they always used to have orgies. After a few dropped jaws the term orgy was defined by her grandma to mean late night partys with some drinking!
I.E. "JoMama" always posts questions about wisdom teeth and masturbation preferences.
How do you feel about that?
Do miss the days without voice mail?
What is your favorite asian dish?
So, TQC, I have a small dilemma. I need to get this book read (about 330 pgs or so) before Wed night, when my book club meets.
note: in case you're curious, I didn't choose the book, and I didn't have close to $25 to shell out for it. I was going to just bag reading it, but a friend just finished her copy and is lending it to me.
I have decided I will spend most of Wed reading it, but do I get off the computer now and start, and can I wait until tomorrow? Any suggestions for how to divide up my reading time?
I know it's silly, but I will miss going without the fun and frolics that are tqc for the better part of two days - will you miss me?
Also what is your favorite pumpkin inspired food item or beverage?
examples: pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, etc.
Good afternoon TQC,
Graphic novels have piqued (<---edit for idiocy, thankschampawat) my interest - can you recommend a couple I pick up? (I'm most interested in the superhero ones, but I'll certainly hear out some of the nonsuperhero variety)
( EDIT: Graphic novels as in comic books)
EDIT Whats up with muslims? I mean REALLY??
(Did you lose weight this Ramadan?)
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG???
Have you ever fallen for a character of your own creation?
I have an interview in three hours and my eye is swollen and gunky. How can I get it to calm down before the interview?
I'm learning a song in Czech, and while I've been provided with the IPA, I've come across several unfamiliar symbols. Several I solved on my own or with the help of friends; these remain WTF-ified.
( Collapse )
Edit: If I were desperate for answers RIGHTNOW, I'd possibly go ask a linguistics comm, but there are reasons I amn't (like they'd argue about irrelevant bullshit). Sometimes people know esoteric crap, so on the off chance someone knows somethin' [aware that this is worse than Greek to most], figured I'd throw it out there. I'm not COMPLETELY off my fuckin' rocker. :]
Mine is cable. I didn't get cable until I was 24. I'm 28 now and I don't know what I'd do without it, lol.
It doesn't bother me that much, but is there anything I can do? Or am I stuck using both tampons and pads for the rest of my life (well, until menopause)?
What'd I miss?
You discover you have super powers! You make a suit and start fighting crime, and you're pretty good at it.Your name gets into the paper, and suddenly, a number of super hero teams are showing up at your door, asking you to join their organization, to better fight crime as a whole. Which of these factors below would play the strongest role in selecting which team to join? Pick 3 only
Each team has different methods and discipline it metes out to evildoers. Which method most strongly embodies your disciplinary measures?
You're allowed to have a sidekick/partner. Pick a sidekick for yourself.
Do you have a job where you do nothing? Do you like it?
If you DO have a job where you are busy, do you think you'd be happier with a job where you aren't busy at all?
Me: This is the 3rd job I've had where I just sit and wait for the phone to ring (which it only does about 3 times in a day). I am so bored I want to shoot myself in the head. I am looking for a new job...one where I will have responsibilities! Oh!
1. Are you a vet tech?
2. If so, why are you one?
3. Is it a good job to have and why/why not?
4. Is there any chance of advancement with a vet tech certification?
5. What was your experience like getting your certification (i.e. were the classes fun and challenging, did you do some sort of internship, etc)?
So my best friend is dating/sleeping with one of the [two?] managers at CompUSA. I've been really unhappy with my job, and I found out that they are hiring through him. He said that if I applied he'd tell the manager above him to keep an eye out for my application. Basically, he guaranteed me a job there over all the other applicants.
If you were me, would you apply? If you were working somewhere and found out your newest coworker got the position because of this situation, would you think differently of them?
I was seriously considering it, but I felt kind of guilty about the advantage. Yesterday my coworker was fired, and I am now getting the hours I needed (I have bills to pay!). I'm going to stay at my current job, but was still curious about your opinions :-)
My answer..No. There are 3 of us adults that live there (22, 23, and 28), but none of us have the desire, nor the time
Do you plan on acknowledging your boss or superior for Bosses Day? Would you do so if you weren't crazy about how your boss managed people?
. . . The little metal wastebasket for pads and stuff was stuck, and in trying to wedge it open I accidentally knocked it off the wall. I could FEEL the girl in the other stall silently WTFing, and she conspiciously stayed put until after she'd heard me leave. x)
I think I just had a heart attack but I want to make sure before going to A+E.
Grindhouse = good or bad?
What's the worst film you ever seen?
2. What did you do?
3. Best thing to happen?
4. Worst thing to happen?
5. My brother drove us an hour and a half in the wrong direction and, unsurprisingly, we missed our flight home. Now I'll be lucky to make it home before noon tomorrow. So, how should I kill him?
tivo ready to RECORD!
1. Have you taken diet pills before?
2. If you have taken them along with diet and exercise, did they work?
2a.How much weight did you lose?
2b.Would you reccomend using them?
2c. What kind did you take?
3. If you did take them and didn't really worry about switching your diet and exercise more, what happened in result?
4. What do you think about diet pills? Useful, completely unessecary, indifferent?
For who haven't taken them:
5. Would you ever take them if you haven't?
[More questions might be edited in later when I think of them.]
2. I am making nachos for dinner. Yummy, y/n? What are you having?
3. How long does a cold have to last before you go to the doctor?
4. How do you feel about people coming into your home when you're not around? Do you make it a point to stay home? Such as realtors leaving a lockbox on your door, or an apartment manager coming in to do some repairs.
- What’s the most unsanitary thing you’ve seen a fellow student do in a shared or public place on campus? [Amend as necessary for family, coworkers, colleagues.. hell, strangers in public places.]
- Do you ever talk on the phone while going to the bathroom? Are there extenuating circumstances that will compel you to do so?
- I know [/of] several people who will not or cannot use public restrooms for a variety of nervous reasons -- if this is the case for you, is it only true for multi-stall restrooms, or 'one-holers' as well?
Who died and made you fucking king of the zombies?
Which is funnier; Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead?
Someone asked if they would let their kid on the other day, and a lot of people said no, so I of course started to watch all four episodes.
Do you think the emotional stress they are going through is bad for them? Do you think it builds character? How much of a brat is Taylor?!
And for those of you who don't watch KidNation:
What made you happy today?
Someone told me I can't remove IE from my compy. Is it true?
What do I do to get rid of these popups?
2. What website/service do you use to purchase mp3s?
The interview I'm going to is at a store I used to work in, and I just remembered that a girl there slept with most of the managers and got special priveleges for it, like vacation time or choosing her own hours. She was very proud of it, but it always kind of bothered me. I'm thinking I may not work there if her or the managers are still there, it was very uncomfortable.
2. If you don't know the answer to a question here, do you just not answer it or comment with "I don't know"?
3. What is some good news you have gotten today?
4. When you think of a question to ask TQC when you're not at home on the computer, do you write it down to remember it, make a mental note, or forget it altogether?
5. How many questions is too many questions for you to answer here?
I hear this works to find out a girl's ring size.
Any suggestions on how to subtly find out a girl's ring size?
I had a taxi driver who used GPS a few nights ago. Then he made a wrong turn and when the GPS corrected him (it turns out he only had to go .08 miles extra so it wasn't that big of a deal) he started completely flipping out. He kept saying, "I'm going the wrong way! Jesus! Jesus!" He said "Jesus" so many times in a period of two minutes that he was making me very nervous. He kept telling me what was going on with his GPS and how it indicated he was going the wrong way (okay, I. don't. care. Just get me to the right place). Anyway, it was a very traumatic experience for me when it didn't have to be. He could have just said, "Whoops, went the wrong way, I'll just stop the meter now, sorry." But instead he had to freak the hell out. Then when the GPS corrected him he was about to turn back and probably would have screwed up even more had I not advised him to do what the GPS said because it was the one that knew the directions, not him. Obviously.
I tipped him really well because he ended up parking several houses down from where I needed to be and walking me up to the right address. I just wanted to get the hell out of there.
2. Do you know anyone who is both very creative AND organized? I don't know anyone with both of those qualities. Artists just seem to be messy people, it's part of their charm.
I admit, even if you tell me that you do know someone like this, I don't think I'll believe you. It just doesn't seem possible.
3. This is homework, but your answer will in no way influence or help my essay: do you think IQ tests accurately measure intelligence?
4. Do any of you want to be my friend on Flickr? I just bought a pro account yesterday after using Flickr for over a year. I don't have a ton of contacts and I'd like more comments and suggestions on my photos, and I'd love to see what you people are photographing!
"Her patience and thoughtful advice during this process has been greatly appreciated."
"Her patience and thoughtful advice during this process have been greatly appreciated." ??
The first one sounds right, but the second one seems to make more sense because I'm listing two things.
I know, I know, spare me the jokes about a university granting a master's degree to a guy who can't even form a proper sentence.
2) Why are Prison Break, Bones and House not on this week?
Has anyone ever heard of this before? She has a book with her titled "Spirit Babies: Communicating With the Child You are Meant to Have."
Anyone know anything about this?
1. What college do you go to?
1a. Was it your first choice?
1b. Would you choose it again if you had to go back and re-apply? (or similar applicable situations)
2. For those of you with banking knowledge: My paycheck was recently withdrawn from my account (long story) and though I'll be getting it back, I want to know what this means (if you know) : COMMENT / RTN CK ON MIGUELS NSF (MTM) (Miguel's is the name of my employer)
3. Do you think it is fair for someone to stay in a relationship even if they don't enjoy it any more, just for the other person's sake?
3a. Who is it more unfair to?
3b. Would you end said relationship?
4. What do you think of the following statement: "Don't date bisexual men, they will bring disease home to you."
( Collapse )
My girlfriend wants me to shave my balls. I'm afraid I'll cut myself.
What's the easiest/ safest way to do this?
Any suggestions on types of razors or cream to use?
What should I name my mermaid?
( Collapse )
what does it look like and what do you do with it?
2. Have you ever seen anyone that publicly exposed themself?
3. Would you rather go out with someone that is ugly and easy or attractive and prude?
2. I have been without proper Internet access for over a month - what did I miss? How is that war on macros going? Did I miss anything good on TQC?
Is it lame to start taking lessons at 18 (I used to when I was about 13 for a very brief period of time, and really enjoyed it)?
How do I find a place to take lessons, but won't require me to have my own horse?
(My answer: I'd have sex with Pete Wentz if I could tape his mouth shut)
Deleted the second part bc I didn't want to get the comm. in trouble :)
What is good about that party? (Please list the positive points about your particular party not the negative points of other parties)
Thus, I put it to you, as it is to be celebrated this coming Sunday, what is Scotchtoberfest?
Do you like chatting online? Why or why not?
What's the worst/hardest/weirdest thing you've ever been asked in an interview? (Mine's "What is in wood?") Edit: How did you answer?
I downloaded spybot but everytime I open the file I get a pop up saying I am out of memory. What does this mean? What do I do?!
Should I just throw my stupid laptop away? :(
1. Is your life heavily based on routine?
2. Has it always been? Will I change as I get older?
3. What factors in a person's life decide whether they are routined or not? (Personality, upbringing, ammount of responsibility, ect?)
4. Are routines beneficial?
5. What type of person do you imagine me to be because of my lack of routine? (Vice versa?)
2. i own the entire sex and the city series pack thing. however, i left season six part one disc one when i moved out of my ex's house and he won't give it back. how can i get this one disc or those particular episodes? every website i try and download them from online never works or takes hours. i would actually prefer the disc.
3. today while walking my dog in the park, i saw two ducks fighting. it was awesome. they were hitting each other with their wings and pecking at each other! OMG it was seriously sweet. what is the coolest thing you have seen animals do (not necessarily counting pets)?
4. i have heard various reasons why cow milk might be bad for me. however, i am in love with milk. i drink about a gallon every 5 days of skim. is this good or bad or neither?
5. what do you love and know it's bad for you, but are unwilling to give up? chai tea lattes b/c i just discovered them, and beer.
I made this:
But it's too big for me to upload as an icon. HOW DO I MAKE THE FILE SIZE SMALLER IN ULEAD? I have no idea where to do this.
When was the last time you called in sick for something when you weren't really sick?
-How much would it suck if you could only eat 6 foods in your entire diet?
-Do you have any food allergies and if so, how did you know you did?
By yourself or in a group?
How was it?
How much did it cost you?
I suddently got interested in online workshops or free self learning courses. I am using www.free-ed.net right now, but I was wondering:
1. Do you also do free learning classes online?
2. Could you direct me to any sites?
3. What subject are you most interested in/passionate about?
New question related to the old one that has been answered: Do any of these places do 5x7 or 8x10 sizes? I forgot to ask that, and they're what I'd definitely prefer.
When was the last time you hit the rock?
This is totally illogical - I'm 26 years old, have never really played an instrument before, but have a total urge to start taking violin lessons. I'm absolutely positive that I'll suck at it, but it's something that I really want to try.
There are places that offer basic lessons to adults instead on like, 8 year olds, right?
Which brings the questions...
1. At what age was your first job?
2. At what age did you consider yourself financially independent?
3. What were the factors that made you independent at this age? (Did you move out, go to college, get a full-time job and pay your parents rent like a tenant, etc?)
4. My other roommate thinks she's financially independent, but gets a $300/mo allowance from her parents. Is she deluded y/n?
A) Having relatively healthy completely untameable and frizzy hair on a day-to-day basis;
B) Flat-ironing my hair about once a week and thus risking "frying" it but having it look nice?
And here is a visual example of each option: ( Collapse ) and ( Collapse )
2. When was the last time you were incredibly happy with yourself about conquering a situation you thought was impossible?
And are you registered to vote?
if no, why not?
24. And No im not registered. I enlisted in the military before I was 18. So I pretty much saw no point in registering, because I became goverment property.
but... I don't know where to start.
does anyone know any writing/drawing exercises?
how can I let motivation take over me?
how can I get inspired?
( Collapse )
2.Whats your favorite kind of ice cream?
3.What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
4.What should I do tomorrow?
2. What 3 positive adjectives describe your best friend/pet/choose someone you like a lot best?
3. What are 3 adjectives you wish were ascribed to you?
does it matter if they're only a little expired as opposed to really expired?