October 10th, 2007
What songs would you include if the tape/CD were for:
1. Your mother?
2. Your lover/significant other?
3. Your sibling?
4. Your friend?
5. Someone you secretly hated? (I don't know why you're making something for 'em, you just are...)
Have you ever gotten such a compilation of songs?
Also, are there any songs that you wish someone would associate with you?
Do you have friends with opposing idealogical views?
What about friends that do things you don't agree with?
Do you live completely according to your morals/beliefs?
Do you hate the sound of people kissing in the same room as you?
( Collapse )
I currently use Bank of America but need to open up another checking account. Any recommendations? I heard Citibank is good but there aren't any around here.
Should I purchase a year at the High Museum of Art (Atlanta)? A one year membership is 60 dollars right now, and that's unlimited admission to the collection, special exhibitions, and Friday Jazz, plus discounts on tickets to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
There are a couple of good exhibits coming up, including "Inspiring Impressionism" and year two of "Louvre Atlanta".
are you thinking about anything ridiculous?
i was just laying in bed, bumming about sleeping trouble, when i decided that doing heroin would be a real nuisance for me. you see, i'm a righty and i can't have needles in my left arm. and fuck that eyeballs/between the toes/under the toenails bullshit.
Am I wrong to mock a 55(ish)-year-old woman who, in perfectly legible cursive, spells the word "enough" as "anofe"?ETA: I feel I should add, I didn't make fun of her to her face, or even that harshly. Something along the lines of "I weep for her third grade teacher" when I saw what she had written. She wasn't even in the building. So, I may be a spelling-elitist, but I'm not going to actually make her feel like shit over it. I'm not that big a jerk.
I had some chicken pot pie yesterday, I picked the chicken out. I have always ADORED chicken pot pie, even though I hate meat. I simply remove the chicken chunks and eat the veggies/gravy/crust happily. I really want to make a veggie pot pie that will taste like the pies I remember.
What can I do to make a veggie pot pie (I'd load it with peas, carrots, and corn. mmmm.) taste as close to chicken pot pie as possible? (no meat substitutes, yechh).
how did this make you feel?
What did you go to grad school for/what do you want to go to grad school for? ((*extra love if you say linguistics, and explain!))
Why am I online when I have a test in 8 hours that I'm not yet done studying for?
Have you ever taken Human Sexuality? Did you enjoy it?
Are skunks cute?
Are you close with your mother?
Do you play DDR? If so, what level do you play on?
2. Who's the worst classmate you've ever had?
3. Do you like Mark Twain's writing? Edit: Why?
4. How do you interpret the phrase "the world's oldest profession"?
I have 22. Oops. :$
1. What are you opinions on the white boards?
2. Do you think there should have been some posters or something telling what it was about? I think if you wanted people to participate then you would have at least spread the word that it was happening.
2. Are either of your parents alcoholics?
3. Do you believe alcoholism is a major problem in society?
( Collapse )
2) Anyone else get annoyed that Giuliani responds to everything with "UH, I WAS IN NYC DURING SEPT 11TH!!"?
3) If you have lost weight in the past, what did you find most successful for you? Details are encouraged.
1. A family member or close friend?
2. An aquaintance?
3. Someone you do not know?
what's the plan for today?
what wouldn't Jesus do?
can I see a picture? (it can be anything)
Got anything good/easy/not too expensive for me?
ps-If you're going to come in here and preach about why veganism is stupid, or why having a vegan only potluck is stupid you can just skim on by. I don't care about your opinion, I'm not vegan and I'm going to bring a vegan dish regardless of your opinion, so you can keep it to yourself, m'k?
how organized is your itunes (or whatever music player thingy you have?)
if you have itunes, are all of your songs rated and categorized correctly?
do you have all of the album artwork uploaded?
i hope i'm not the only ipod ocd person here. :/
2. Do you hate the city of Seattle for some reason? What about Boston?
3. Where is the best city to live in the US? In the world? Why?
4. Where is the worst city to live in the US? In the world? Why?
4. I hate Indianapolis. I is a boring city where the main attraction is a mall- a crappy mall at that.
If you're running late, do you cut down your time in the shower, or do you save time elsewhere?
If you are regularly or frequently late to work, is that a problem for your supervisor(s), or do they tend to overlook it? If they let it slide, why do you think that is?
Do you feel like retailers are trying to skip Halloween and Thanksgiving?
Should we get chocolate cake or white cake? (These are our only options. I suggested carrot and it was vetoed)
What was the last thing you had to drink?
If you won an all expense paid week long vacation to where ever you want to go, where would you go?
Are you right-brained or left-brained?
2) Gentlemen, how would you feel if you found out your woman had been wearing your clothes around the house when you weren't home?
Sorry for excluding the gays but I'm looking more for straight peoples thoughts on crossdressing. Feel free to share your own if you don't fit the guidelines but have an opinion anyway
3) In an attempt to spark civilized debate and not drama, why do so many people in here hate vegans? If you are vegan or vegetarian why do you chose to be? Talk about anything you want to here, I'm interested in hearing opinions from across the board. If you don't want someone to reply to your comment once you're done posting say so.
2. WHERE DID YOU GO ON YOUR LAST VACATION?
3. WHERE ARE YOU GOING ON YOUR NEXT?
4. WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO RIGHT NOW?
5. WHEN COUNTING STATE/COUNTRIES/PLACES YOU'VE BEEN TO, DO YOU COUNT THE PLACES THAT YOU'VE ONLY BEEN TO THE AIRPORT IN (AS IN, HAD A LAYOVER THERE)?
What's the first thing you do when you get home each day?
...spend a whole year living as a homeless person? You cannot sleep indoors and you can't use a tent. You cannot accept money from family or friends, but you may panhandle. You may not shower or bathe in the year, but you may clean yourself in public restrooms
...relearn your primary language? Whichever language you use the most, you completely forget every single word, and have to start over. Reading the language would also be impossible until relearned
...spend a year in prison, with a tattoo on your lower back that reads IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU'RE A PUNKASS BITCH, BITCH. One whole year in the slammer
...forget every single book, movie and tv show you've ever read/watched? You have no memory of any of them, or even which books or movies you loved. Unless someone else knows you had a fondness for that particular book/movie, it's possible you may never again recapture the magic of that experience
...be known the world over as an idiot? Through the magic of youtube, a video of you doing something unforgivably stupid is circulated. It becomes an instant classic and a source of voyeuristic guilty pleasure and ridicule. You become as popular as the Star Wars kid and the idiotic pageant contestant combined, and you'll be recognized everywhere you go
I'm trying to think of something to give him as a congratulations sort of thing, because I know that this is the big break he's been waiting for. I want to find something nerdily appropriate. Do you have any suggestions of nerdy gifts?
And before everyone does the typical "well you know him better than we do", I've only known him a little over a month so I don't really have a grasp on what he likes for gifts and whatnot yet. I'd just like suggestions in general for nerd/geek/gamer related gifts. kthxbai.
3. Did you ever use a site like ratemyprofessors.com (or something similar) while trying to construct your class schedule?
( Collapse )
Does anyone know what that site is?
Since I haven't had tv in a while, will you tell me other funny commercials I should watch on youtube?
Guitar Hero: Mii First and the Gimme Gimmes
Guitar Hero 2: Guaranteed Dolphins
Guitar Hero 80s: Babies With Rabies
edit: okay, maybe i should specify: where can i go to buy things so i can dress this baby like tank girl?
2. Anybody else not receiving comment notifications? :(
For example, when I log into LJ in the 'user name' box all you have to do is click it and there is a drop down box of my name on LJ. Then, on Google there is a drop down box of everything I search.
How do I turn this feature off??
EDIT: I have IE, by the way. How do you get Firefox?
2) Are you wearing socks?
1. if a company manufactures perfumes, what other possible related products should they try manufacturing?
ETA: thanks kids ^_^
Have you bought your pet's meds online before?
Any good/bad experiences or recommendations/warnings?
If it matters, I'm talking about just like the basic flea stuff, Revolution or whatever
(Answer: THE CAR WILL XPLODE AND I WILL DIE, I'm sure)
2.) What's the crappiest restaurant you've ever eaten at, and what was so craptacular about it?
*Oh, and I do mean other than Klan members or albino humans - members of the traditional animal kingdom, please. ;)
Whats for lunch today?
Also will you give me some candy? cause my co-workers are being a bunch of stuck up bitches and are all like "Sorry we don't have any."
What is the goofiest gift you've received?
Where to you keep your cell phone?
Do you watch the BBC?
Crunchy or soft?
It was the right temp, and almost 10 minutes before the min. time on the box (yes, box. shush.). The top of the cake burnt, and when I checked it with a knife it was clean. When I flipped the cake, however, it was pure batter. Wtf. The only thing I can think of was that the rack was too high?
Why does this oven hate me?
How much money would it take for you to shave your head?
2. My apartment complex is having a pumpkin carving contest (1st prize is $150 for dinner at a local restaurant, 2nd prize is $100 for [I forgot] and 3rd is $50 for Target). I want to win something. What is something unique/creative/winning but not too difficult that I should carve into my pumpkin?
My example isn't mine, it's my friend Megan's but I still laugh whenever she tells the story: She works in campus dining, a new girl came in to work. Megan is very friendly, and said "Well Hello, how are you doing?" The girl scoffed, "not so well, I just started my chlamydia treatment." She just met the girl!
My son is napping. What should I do with this free time?
2. What was the last personal thing you mailed? ('Personal' meaning it wasn't related to everyday work or bills or whatever.)
2. If you did attend, you show up and there's a place outside the house where the party is, and you leave your clothes there. You're stark nekkid! You walk in, ready to mingle, and notice that among the many TQCers there, you're the only one nekkid. Turns out, latenightdrives altered just your invite so it said newd, and did it just for giggles. Would you mingle anyway or go get your duds?
3. Let's say it was a nekkid party and everybody's in their birthday suit. Would that perpetually alter the way that you see the people in this community? Would you be able to successfully keep your viewpoint at eye-level or is the temptation of so much cooter and peener too difficult to ignore?
TQC, What is bothering you today?
I have a pixie haircut. I'm invited to a halloween party but dont know what to go as, and plus I don't have much cash to go spend on a halloween costume. Any ideas for the little blond headed pixie?
2. do you often get told you're rude or not persistent enough [too passive]?
3. do you often get told you're too organized or not organized enough?
What was the best surprise you've ever had?
What was the worst?
Do you like surprises?
I just bought Lilly Allen's album, Alright, Still.
Say two guys run into each other on the street. They're both members of a fraternity, say... Alpha Fido. Guy A is from Cool State and Guy B is from Cool State's rival school, Badass U. [Edit to add: The schools are big college football rivals. As in, football is srs bznss, huge thing.]
Would the two guys be friendly because they're both Alpha Fido brothers? Or would they be hatin' because they're from rival schools? WHERE DOES THE LOYALTY LIE?
These things, they keep me up at night.
( Collapse )
What would you guess about this speaker's age, gender, nationality, and profession based on this quote? Why? Or do you already know who said it?
Has anyone ever had any experience with "buddy-taping"? Specifically with toes? My 2nd to last toe is really messed up. I did something to it ages ago (broke it, sprained it, something.) It bends inwards (towards my big toe) and down, instead of straight up like my other toes. Several people have told me to buddy-tape it until I can go into my doctor to have her look at it, now that it's randomly causing me pain and swelling up. However, taping my toe to my pinky toe is pretty damn hard and I'm not sure if I'm even doing it right.
Then again, I'm paying thousands and thousands of dollars to go to classes here, so should I take advantage of that?
So what do you think, Psych or take a nap?
EDIT: Alright, alright, I'm in class now. New question:
What's your favorite band to listen to when you walk places?
I am always dwelling on what food I can eat and what food I can't eat.
When I look at food I always calculate how many calories are in it, in my head.
If I eat one thing that's bad then I am fucked for the day. I completely blow the whole day of dieting thanks to that ONE cupcake I had.
I am overweight.
I'm 172 pounds and 5'4. I went from 192 to 161.5 but then gained weight back and now I'm at 172.
So I do have a reason to lose weight but it is always on my mind and completely takes over my thoughts.
Should I go to a therapist? My friends hear how I talk about myself and food, and my weight and they swear that I need help to stop obsessing over it.
Do you do this or am I completely weird and need help?
2. how can you tell if someone is using you? (especially if its work related.. and everyone is working towards the goal of pleasing tha client.. boundaries can get blurry)
3. what are you doing right now? (be precise)
4. what would you rather be doing right now? (be precise)
(My really close friend, with who I have sex, share a lot of interests, etc, (but no feelings except friendship and amazing trust) doesnt want to have a girlfriend because he doesnt like relationships. But when I tell him about other guys he freak out and doesnt like it and tell me to ditch them, he get very protective and possesive)
What do you guys think?
PS- S/he is on my shoulder right now (:
This is completely random, but I'm curious.
what did you do?
1. WHAT IS WITH THE PUMPKIN ICONS EVERYONE HAS? DOES WANT. I checked the LJ mainpage and I didn't see anything about it. Like, EVERYONE added a little moving pumpkin to their icon!
2. Anyone get the new digital download Radiohead album, In Rainbows? How fucking AWESOME is it?! (Isn't "15 Step" so fucking epic?!) :D
When did you last make an airplane noise? Why?
My only other choices are a pair of BRIGHT plastic green heels that my grandmother owned in the '60s, a pair of light green sandals that make my feet bleed (literally), or black platform shoes.
I'm not going to buy anything new and I'm not going to wear a different top, so what should I do?
What color is "grizzle"?
What color is "cabana stripe"?
What color is "surplus"?
What color is "horizon"?
What color is "quicksand"?
Are you going through ticky box withdrawal?
Edit: For those that are curious of the 'answers' - I'll post them in tqc_updates later tonight.
So there's these two like 13 year old boys across the street from my house making a ton of noise and doing somethig sketchy with a piece of wood. (I live across from an elementary school with a playground, but the school is shut down and going to be torn down probably within the next year.) I was standing in my window thinking "If they don't shut up, I'm going to call the police." I got ready to yell that out the window when I stopped and realized. That's exactly what my parents do. They scream out the house to be quiet and then if they don't listen, they call the police number. I cried a little on the inside when I thought that.
Any idea on what I should sell the stuff for?
What is the going rate for household items that are in good shape and hardly used at a garage sale?
What is your favorite kind of juice?
What is your favorite kind of non-carbonated drink?
How about that apple ciderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?
I live in England.
If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life what would it be? Why?
What about a film?
2. if so, did you partake in the Porter Run?
3. if not so, do you make it a habit to get naked everytime it rains?
1. i do
2. yes. and i love my school forever for it.
3. i do now!
what do you think people THINK when they come into your workplace or call into your workplace and act like complete assholes? like, do they think just because they are the customer they have that right? srsly.
( Collapse )
anything WORK related you'd like to rant about?
Do you have the new WILSON TACTICAL COP TOOL?
what is the most dangerous weapon you own? Mine is a Dewalt reciprocating saw.....(ummm don't ask....)
Here is mine:
( Collapse )
My boyfriend's dog decides that it's the perfect place to take a massive, liquid shit. I was doing laundry when he did it, so it had no bedding at all on it.
So, TQC, Is it still sanitary to keep it?
How in the fuck can I clean this so it's not grungy to sleep on?
Should I just toss it? (Please, no.)
What would you do if this was you?
If not, how can I make alter text in Illustrator to look like it is on a plane in perspective? I would probably use the 'skew' feature (under transform) in Photoshop, but I can't find an equivalent.
Do you own a telescope?
Do you watch celestial happenings? Like meteor showers, eclipses, etc.
(Yes, it's only for Austinites at the moment.... but I predict it's going to be huge.)
why is it awesome?
what are cool add ons?
Tipping in restaurants in Ireland: Yes or no?
i went to go and pick up my little sister from the boys & girls club aaaand the whole way back she was avoiding the cracks in the sidewalk. you know, the whole 'step on a crack and you break your mothers back.' do you remember/know of anything similar to this?
did you avoid cracks?
what's your favorite thing to daydream about?
also, what's for dinner, TQC?
Would you start drinking/eating dairy products if you knew that the cows were treated well?
Are there any conditions under which you would consume these products?
2. (About the PC version) How do the expansion packs work? Do I have to get the main game and add it on?
3. (Not related to The Sims 2) What's your favourite TV show at the minute?
What is your favorite kitchen gadget?
My university has a Study Abroad program, which every summer they offer a trip to Cuernavaca, Mexico.
I was all hyped up to go, as this is my only opportunity to both finish my Spanish and go to Mexico before I graduate. However, now, they're planning on going to Salmanca, Spain, which is approximatley $1,500 more.
Do you know of any good student loan programs with low interest rates?
Edit: I had HTML wrong, and I also wanted to mention that although I was hyped up to go to Mexico and I won't be now, I still want to go on this Study Abroad program, and I still feel like I will benefit from the experience. I just realize now that it'll be a lot harder to save the money, so I'm looking for resources.
Thanks for all your help!
I missed school thinking I was going to DISNEYLAND! But, because my sister's friend was passed out we didn't get the free tickets. Instead we went to the animal shelter to look for a dog, but didn't get one. We went in the room for dogs who were being "evaluated" tonight. I WANT TO CRY.
Also how are you and what are you doing tonight?
What is the definition of 'poppycock'?
What is the definition of 'taint'?
What is the definition of 'pussyfoot'?
What is the definition of 'beaver'?
What is the definition of 'titmouse'?
Caramel apple lollipops or Blow Pops?
Blow pops or Tootsie Pops?
What color is your shirt?
do you have a job?
what is it?
If you are, do you wish you had brothers/sisters?
If you have brothers or sisters, do you wish you didn't?
What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? Why was it so scary?
Can you reccommend any good books to me?
Do you listen to community radio?
2. Which is the best? (To play games on, to use x amount of programs on etc.)
2] Does/Why does flossing your teeth make you live longer?
2. What book, if any, are you reading?
1. I burped really loud and long and tasted pretty much everything I've eaten so far. It was gross.
2. Wicked by Gregory Maguire. So far it's pretty awesome
and if not, do you know how to convert one? i assume i would just use the correct fraction of ingredients, but am lost on temperature and baking times.
2) Would you like to share that with the rest of the class?
Let's say you obtained proof that the George Bush Administration was responsible for 9/11, and that they orchestrated the entire event for their political gain to pave way for the Iraqi War.
It would be a terrible event for America, and would severely harm us as a nation.. Would you turn them in?
What'd you think of Pushing Daisies?
Ever have a boss die?
What's an out-of-the-box advertising idea?
What would you think if someone said you look like an old woman (or man) when you were obviously in your late teens early twenties?
some of my favorites include:
running with scissors by augusten burroughs
the catcher in the rye by jd salinger
wasted by marya hornbacher
the girl's guide to hunting and fishing by melissa bank
angela's ashes by frank mccourt
sex, drugs and cocoa puffs by chuck klosterman
choke by chuck palahniuk
i just finished reading dry by augusten burroughs, which i loved.
what book would you suggest, given my taste..and briefly, what's it about?
are there any really weird/unimportant things that make you happy?
whenever the lines/lanes continue through an intersection for a left turn, I can't help but smile. LOL it makes no sense.
Eto eshe tipa hui
A eto novii tipa hui
I zavershaushii tipa hui
( Collapse )
Is Eve Online a decent game to play? It seems interesting but I want to be sure it's something I want to pay for before I try it...
ETA: Do you know any other online games which are similar as EVE in setting? I like space/sci-fi games
do you believe in karma? is it or is it not bad karma to all of a sudden want to volunteer when it comes time to look good for colleges? (i just feel to guilty to stoop to that level =/)
the other day in the bathroom i sneezed and the woman in the next stall said God Bless You; i know its good manners but in the bathroom? is there a certain etiquette to be used whilst using the bathroom (ex: not talking)?
speaking of bathrooms, isnt it a little sexist to only have baby changing tables in the woman's bathrooms?
1) Do any of you watch The Girls Next Door?
1a) How do you feel about Kendra's laugh?
2) Do any of you like Chelsea Handler?
2a) Have you read "My Horizontal Life: A Collection Of One Night Stands"?
2b) Are you excited to read "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea"?
3) When you're drunk, do you tip more or less than when you're sober?
Can you deal with one and not the other?
[p.s. BOTH IS NOT AN OPTION]
( Collapse )
Regardless of what the law says, If a 24 year old guy has consensual sex with a 16 year old girl do you consider it rape and/or morally wrong?
And whats the biggest age difference you've ever had in a relationship? and how old were both of you?