1b. It sucks to be alone on your birthday in a strange city: y/n?
2. Are you craving any food right now? For some reason, I'd love some Mentos right now. O_o
3. What should I watch tonight, one of my German films or a mindless comedy?
Did anything unexpected happen to you today? If so, what was it?
Edit: The question isn't really serious ... unless the answers are sarcasm and are flying WAY over my head.
And the second and third questions are based on a conversation I'm currently having - If you could live anywhere in the world, and you would have a well-paying job/retirement fund/whatever, where would you live and why?
What is the most disgusting piece of candy you have ever seen/tried?
The internet tells me "cogerse la mano" is " to hold someone's hand," but I am unsure of the conjugation and if the conjugation is correct.
do you ever have times where you're 100% sure you'll never find someone ever again, even for a moment?
BONUS QUESTION: OH GOD WHAT WAS THAT NOISE?
I DON'T BELIEVE IT. Do you believe it?? Doesn't it depend on how hard you throw the ball? I'm so confused!
Does someone with more severe asthma have a higher chance of having asthmatic children? If one parent has asthma and the other gets chronic bronchitis, are the kids pretty much screwed?
i've had asthma my whole life, so why do people think that doing things like only using a certain brand of tissues or only drinking soy milk will get rid of it? Where do they hear these remedies? And do they ever actually work?
My two partners and I, plus our 2 best friends are sick of having Florida slowly suck the life out of us, and are planning on moving to Albuquerque, NM next year.
I've been doing lots of research on the area online and even trolled the Albuquerque-related LJ communities, but if you've ever been there or lived there, can you give me your thoughts about the place, recommendations for that area, warnings, etc? What did/do you like about it? What's to hate about it?
(Serious answers, pls.)
Up, down, straight, curly?
Edit for PC-ness. Sorry.
How high is trust?
Hello, beautiful people:
I want to do something with my hair. At the moment it's dyed black and there are about two inches of brown roots grown out. I have bleached it and dyed it before (the black was actually an accident) and I haven't done anything chemically to it in about a year. I'm really pale with yellow undertones to my skin and I have blue eyes.
So, TQC, what should I do with my hair?
so, do any of you have L'Oreal Feria Color 3D hairdye?
the box contains:
1. Gel colourant
3. Perfumed Oil
I figure you put the colourant and developer together. when do you apply the oil?
How is she supposed to ever even conceive of trying to find someone to be with this crap (herpes)? How do you tell someone this, in all seriousness? When do you tell someone that basically, if they ever have sex with you, they run the risk of contracting the gift that keeps on giving??? What kind of reactions are there to expect besides someone thinking she's a gross, dirty whore whom they need to then distance themselves from - even if they act polite to her face?
She's heard of the chat rooms - but is that really the only way? She can barely find someone as it is that doesn't get on her last nerve by the second date. Is life over as far as relationships go? Anyone have this/ deal with this/ close with someone who does?
What did you/are you having for breakfast?
Do you use your turn signal when driving? why? why not?
Where do you signal the least?
Where do you signal the most?
What should I get for lunch today?
- Taco Bell
- Pizza Hut
- Burger King
What kind of cell phone do you have? (omg pics plz)
I always get the freebie upgrade ones, this one is PINK! yay pink.
As candid as you can stand to be here - if you frequently come up with witty or funny things to say online, how does it compare to how witty you are IRL?
Does having the time to write and edit help you a great deal, or do you just prefer to wing it, no matter the forum?
Where do you live? If you could live in another city/state in the country you live in now, where would that be?
Do you have an uncommon type of pet? (something that's not the usual dog/cat/bird/rabbit, etc)
Ok, my VERY nice neighbor was over, just chatting for a few minutes. Just girls talk, when her husband calls, upset and proceeds to chew her out, speaking to her like a child. They have been married 14 years and 3 kids. He also told her she needed to be home, not screwing around at my house. It was the first time she had been here! It was so upsetting to me. I shouldn't have said anything but after she hung up, I told her I was shocked he spoke to her that way. I know it wasn't any of my business because my marriage is far from perfect.
So, was I wrong in saying something, including to tell her if she needs a place to vent, she can come to me?
Do women have a responsibility to stand up for other women who getting treated in such a manner by their SO?
Why do men think it is ok to talk to their SO that way?
Under your fridge?
What do you keep under your sink/s?
eta. Where do you keep your alcohol? (assuming you have alcohol in your house)
2. Do you remember when you really became aware of the fact that not everyone had the same relationship as you with their extended family? What made you realize this and how old were you?
Have you beaten both games entirely? (Yes, I am referring to the PS2 ones, not including the PSP)
Favorite cousin or second cousin to play?
-Yes, I own the entire soundtrack to both games and have beaten them both completely and collected all cousins.
-I love playing Velvet and Miso. Something about the little guy with a soupbowl for a head is incredibly cute.
Would you move there?
If you live in a small town, what are the advantages, can small towns be fun?
I'm from a BIG city, moving to a smaaalll town.
Am I crazy?
What class was it for?
What book do you wish you had be assigned to read in highschool and why?
"Caution: Some of our new animatronics are causing certain brands
of cell phones to loose memory."
WTF. I'm really curious as to how this happens. So please, TQC, how can an animatronic feature cause a cell phone to lose memory?
For those who work at a computer, how many hours a day do you spend online(non work related)? How about on lj?
To cancel my nextel plan, i would have to pay $200 dollars but i hate nextel and end up paying like $150 a month anyway. Should i cancel it?
Eating chili before a gynocological exam is
Thanks to bellasmommy I had Chinese.
What is your favorite color and what does that say about you, if anything?
2. For the past two days I've felt like there's water in my ear. I tried q-tips, but it's still there. Wtf should I do?
3. Stupid question but, what are the moisturizing strips on razors made of?
( Collapse )
For those of you who have them...
1) What does yours look like?
2) What do you usually put in them?
3) Where is a good place to get one?
and for everyone else,
4) What do you think of bento boxes?
5) My last day at my job is Friday, then I'm being laid off. What should I do with my spare time until I start a new job?
2. I love red beers, like Killians Irish Red and Rickard's Red. Can you name any other beers like that?
If you had to put money on a side, who do you think would win?
EDIT: The poster looks enticing. Alas, I do not live in Atlanta. Atlanta residents, are any of you going to this? Or are you too cool for furries?
For whom would you specifically donate blood (again, presuming suitable match)?
Anything else you'd like to donate - either before or after dying?
when will i finally get my head above water?
what do you want most of all right now?
ETA: What don't you like about those communities?
I've done a google search but I can't figure out which ones are safe, and which are worth downloading so I figured I'd go with something that was reccomended by tqc. :)
- What are your favourite bands/artists?
- Tell me something you love about your favourite artist
- Tell me something you hate about your favourite artist
- Favourite genre?
- Do you have last.fm? Link me?
Congress examines hip-hop language
What do you think of the language and message currently being sent in hip hop music?
What elementary thing have YOU doubted yourself on or forgotten lately?
I would go to Ellen, Oprah or Conan
How many times a day would someone have to pee for you to consider it excessive? How often do you pee?
Mine is when watching a hockey game, you pick a player, and everytime he touches the puck, you take a shot.
oh, and the "Roxanne" game.
An easy one:
-This person replies to seemingly every post with a useless answer.
Comment with your own! :)
Explain why/ not or what your stipulations would be if you would.
2. Did (or do) you go to a University or High School were Football is a lot like it is on tv and in the movies?
3. What's up with people who insist on going 10 km or mph UNDER the speed limit? Does this annoy you as much as it does me?
4. What about people who insist on going really slow and then staying in the left lane when you come to a passing lane on a 2 lane highway?
2 - What's on your bedside table right now?
My answer in comments because I have a shitload of stuff on my bedside table.
2. What's something unusual (to you) that you've had to grow accustomed to?
3. Do you know if the IRS does more of an in-depth background search when considering someone for a position? More in-depth than your usual, non-government job, I mean.
4. What breed(s) would you believe this dog to be? List as many as you'd like, other than Pit Bull, Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Mastiff, or any mixes containing those three. ( Collapse )
Cut my hair shorter or keep growing it out?
A certain type of lj community/website perhaps?
Or if you have any, post em please (I don't want any to steal/use, just something to look at)
2) Is there a movie that most people think is fabulous that you just don't think is all that great? If so, what is it? (For me, Brokeback Mountain and Fast Times at Ridgemont High)
3) If all the celebrities in Hollywood were wiped out by something tomorrow, how would the world GO ON?
4) If you were offered $45 dollars to have sex with someone right now, would you? What is it was $45,000? What if it was $5 million? Why and why not?
5) Is it just me or is Demi Moore in a lot of dumb movies?
6) You're given the power to kill people with telepathy and write messages in the sky. Do you use these powers? If so, what for?
EDIT: 7) People have been telling me that I "look like a lesbian" for a while now. What does this mean? If you saw me (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52ptilx&tag=moonie&hid=1&s=1, http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=53k7h2r&s=1&tag=moonie&hid=2) walking down the street, would you think, "OMG! THAR GOES A LESBIAN! COOL! YOU DON'T SEE SHIT LIKE THAT EVERYDAY! WHAT'S WITH ALL THE BLATANT LESBIANISM?"
Will you give me the links......Google sucks sometimes.
Do you have a tqc schtick, either in your own mind or as perceived by others?
If so, what is it?
If you have one and could change it, what would you change it to?
If you don't currently have a schtick and could pick one, what would it be?
Who in tqc do you know by their schtick? - and please list what you see as their schtick.
the dry patches are where the teal stars are.
i was wondering if anyone else has had this before.. and how to get rid of it? i've tried creams and stuff but they haven't worked. the dry patches are a little darker than my actual skin tone so they are noticeable and it's really annoying.
thanks for all your help!
is your poop ever so hard it rips your ass a new one like mike tyson buttfucking a newborn?
2. Did you think it was awesome?
3. If you know the characters who is your favorite?
It's a tie between Barney and Marshall.
( Collapse )
When was the last time you wanted to bitchslap someone?
Are you good at taking pills?
self tanner - yay or nay?
for me: 10/23 or 44%. i need some more friends.
does the above read: 2 / 22 / 2006?
1. Did you LOL?
2. What are you doing tonight? Is it more exciting than studying for my exam?
3. What time do you have to be at work tomorrow? Will you be nice to me when you come to my shop to buy coffee at 7AM? Will you buy some tasty baked goods too, please?
The man who lives above me is a NJ state trooper and I think he has a son. I don't know much about the person who lives in the apartment next to mine, but they just got a court summons from the apartment complex. I figure it's either for delinquent rent payments or for their stupid bird (our apartment complex has a strict no pet policy).
Do you drool when you sleep?
What was the last thing you were sick with?
Should I stay home from work tomorrow? I have sinusitis and a note from my doctor excusing me from work.
Does anyone know where I can find a clear image of the card soldiers?
what do you do?
i thought about craigslist but i don't have a car. and i fear craigslist.
1. Does anyone know where I can find quotes/videos of Ann Coulter's madness? One of my roommates doesn't know the big deal about her and the other three of us were like O_O and so I'm trying to find things to prove it.
2. Ladies - when you use public restrooms, do you sit on the toilet w/o wiping the seat? Or do you wipe the seat and sit on it? Or do you put a lot of toilet paper on the seat and then sit? Or do you squat and not touch the seat at all?
3. What is your "promise contract"? Do you say 'I promise' and that's that, do you spit in your hand and shake on it, or do you do the pinky swear? Or do you not keep secrets/promises?
I've been at my job for almost two months and the operations manager hates me (as a person, it was nothing I did to him). Last week the O.M. asked me to ask everyone for their coat size and I accidentally left off one of the managers. He pointed that out to me and I realized that I left my immediate supervisor off the list too. I handed the list over to the O.M. but I had forgotten to put my name. I guess subconsiously I felt like I would have been lauged at and denied, so I didn't even bother adding myself. I'm still on probation and I'm sure that he will vote to have me ousted when the probation period ends, so that added to my hesitation about adding myself. He doesn't make the ultimate decision though. The coats arrived today and of course I didn't get one. I called my fiance and told him what happened and he suggested that I ask him to order a coat for me. I'm shy and the O.M. scares me, so I would really rather not. He said I should so I "look like one of them."
Should I ask him for a coat?
Should it be more serious, or just frigging weird like me? All responses accepted. But no stupid ones.
2. What is the most awkward/uncomfortable situation you've found yourself in recently?
also, what are good sites/places to get prom dresses?
did you have sex on prom night?
2. If you're in a relationship right now, what's a way you and your partner have made each other better people? Worse?
3. What do you think of short dresses with long sleeves?
4. What's a good "Thanks for having me to your Thanksgiving dinner!" present for my boyfriend's mom? Edit: She said not to bring food. Does she mean it? Would flowers be weird? I know she likes them, but I wasn't sure what the "rules" are... I'm new at Thankgiving.
I wear a size 12 (in women's shoes).
1. Where can I find a diverse selection of non-fugly "big" women's shoes online?
2. While we're on the topic of clothes, where can I find BRIGHT colored clothing online? I'm talking, green/orange/red jeans (corduroy?) and some loud/funky (perhaps retro) tops? Bland/sophisticated just isn't my style at the moment. PREFERABLY in tall sizes.
will you show me a picture that you've taken at a professional sports event?
is it better to concentrate all the extra money on one thing and get either the debt gone or the savings built up faster and then move on to the other, or is it better to work on both at the same time?
FTR, we now have $50 in the savings account (minimum to have account) and about $6800 on credit cards. within the next 1-2 years, we would like to have a few thousand in the bank and most of the CC debt gone.
what do you all think would be the best course of action?
Honestly, do you care about what people think?
What are you self-conscious about (if you are at all self-conscious)?
("because it sucks" is not a valid answer. Most pop music sucks too but people don't talk shit about it the way they do about country)
eta. Do YOU listen to country music?
I had a friend who died a little over a year ago in a canoing accident. Off and on I've wondered how her husband was doing and hoped that he was okay (I did not know him well and keeping in touch would have been awkward). Today I stumbled onto his Facebook page and there is no mention of her - no pictures of them (although he has many pictures posted, including older ones). I know it's not my business but it made me feel upset, like he's erased her from his life.
So I guess my questions are - if your spouse/SO died (unexpectedly or otherwise), how much of a visible presence would they have in your life? Would they merit a Facebook/LJ/Myspace mention? What about pictures hung up at home? If you started dating someone new, how long would it be before you mentioned that part of your life?
i babel-fished it but i think its more slang than proper german. i think its something dirty.
Someone suggested that I buy a white noise machine to drown out a family member's snoring, but I know nothing about them. How well would a white noise machine be able to drown out loud snoring coming from the next room?
Mine is that I just beat Event Match #36 in Super Smash Bros. I have been trying to kick Falco's ass for TWO DAYS. I am 24 years old. You see what I mean?!
2. If you are from the Southern U.S., but moved away from the region, do you feel judged because of your accent?
3. If you have a Southern U.S. accent, have you tried to lose it? Have you been successful?
I got asked to do be a part of the People To People program this year. I'm a senior in high school, and to be completely honest, I don't have 6,000 dollars laying around, I don't have family members to give me money and I work part time at a shitty pizza place and I'm saving up for college. I will never have this opportunity again, so I'm doing a lot of thinking about it and I have a few questions:
1) Did you ever do this and was it a good experience/was it worth the money? (Keep in mind that 6 thousand dollars is A LOT of money in my life.)
2) Is it possible to fundraise 5-6 thousand dollars by May of 2008? (I know it's possible. A few people at school have done it, although they did so with a good amount of help. But do you think it'll be EXTREMELY hard or just moderately hard?)
3) Fundraising ideas?
4) What happens if I fundraise, but not enough money to go on the trip? I can't think of any way to give money back to individual people. Would it be illegal/immoral to use it for college instead?
2a) Do you think you'll ever achieve them?
2b) If so, what will it take?
I have a lot, but here are a few:
Kevin Spacey (<33) playing David Gale in The Life of David Gale.
"David Gale: We spend our whole life trying to stop death. Eating, inventing, loving, praying, fighting, killing. But what do we really know about death? Just that nobody comes back. Then there comes a point - a moment - in life when your mind outlives its desires, its obsessions, when your habits survive your dreams, and when your losses... Maybe death is a gift. You wonder. All I can tell you is that by this time tomorrow I'll be dead. I know when. I just cannot say why."
Ryan Gosling playing Leland and Don Cheadle playing Pearl in The United States of Leland: ( I love this movie to death. There are so many good quotes.)
"Pearl Madison: I'm only human, man.
Leland: It's funny how people only say that after they do something bad. I mean, you never hear someone say, "I'm only human" after they rescue a kid from a burning building. "