(Give examples of dances you have perfected, or are working on perfecting.)
September 18th, 2007
(Give examples of dances you have perfected, or are working on perfecting.)
I HATE DIETS.
What is the best way to lose weight you guys?????? PLEASE!!!!!!!!
I need to lose 10 lbs, the same 10 lbs I've been trying to lose for a YEAR!!!!!!
I tried low carb, I tried vegan, I tried South Beach, I tried the raw diet, pooh pooh pooh pooh!
DO NOT TELL ME TO GO TO THE GYM PLEASE.
I walk a lot...I do sit ups, I swim, hate gym and hate diets.
Anything out there work for any of you???
I work a lot so social drinking is one of my *get offs*
Usually drink white wine and once in a while I have a cocktail.....love nachos.
if you were in this situation, what would your reaction be with regards to canceling the plans?
also, what is your least favorite cheese?
How can you tell if you've sprained your knee?
2. When was the last time you were kissed? Who kissed you?
3. Why is grease paint so awesome?
4. What do you think of whole milk?
5. Where'd you get your icon?
6. Who are you?
7. What are the first ten songs to come up on your mp3/iPod/other music player on shuffle?
8. How old are you?
9. Do you consider yourself a "grown-up"? When did you start thinking that?
Edit: Answering my own questions. Can't sleep either.
do you keep money hidden in your house?
if so, why, where and from who (if that's the case lol)
If you disappear, will the internets really miss you?
i am trying to think of things to put on a list that we'll both rely on come Saturday, so far.. i have a Volkswagon bug, a picture of one of us holding a copy of a Mean Girls dvd, a vanity licensed plate, someone with a tattoo (bonus points for a tramp stamp tattoo)
so, what things can we take pictures of/with/in? and what can we take pictures doing? anything that doesn't have to do with us kissing/making out/getting naked is a GO. :)
-The Omnivores Dilemma (about industrial food production in America)
-The Working Poor (about impoverished Americans and causes/effects)
-Is Bill Cosby Right? Or has the Black Middle Class Lost its Mind? (about racial issues)
-Geography of Nowhere (about the suburbanization of America)
-The Price of Motherhood (about economical choices women make, and causes/effects)
-The Two-Income Trap (about economic burdens and two-parent working households)
If your pets did not like your significant other, would that change the way you looked at them? Would you still stay with them? Does it earn them "extra points" if your pets like them? What about if your significant other didn't like your pets?
For everyone else:
How is your week going? How did you sleep last night?
What is something that you are very picky about that seems unimportant to most people?
What is one of your pet peeves?
more hypothetical questions, yay!
you are an 18 year old living in a decent sized suburb. you have no car and no job, and your parents refuse to let you use the car, give you gas money, or really help you in any way. your goal is to get a full time job, and eventually move to a town about 30 minutes away, where a number of your friends already live. you have three years total job experience, although not much in retail or fast food.
how do you accomplish your goal?
another question! if you know any males aged 19-21ish, how many jobs have they held? i know this 20 year old guy, who's mentioned four jobs in passing (two fast food, one retail, and one decent full time job, from which he just got laid off). is this normal? all my other friends have mostly had one or two jobs, and one's held the same job for two years, and i personally intend on staying with my current company until i'm done with school and am ready to start a career... so having at least 4 jobs, and probably more like 6 or 7, in 2 years, sounds a bit off to me.
eta: how far is too far to walk to work? 1 mile? 2 miles? 5?
edit: I need to study for the GRE exam. If you have taken it, how did you prepare? Did you buy GRE prep books (if so which ones) or did you take a GRE class (was it helpful)?
However, recently a new problem has started. We're guessing it was about two weeks ago, three max, when the yelling started. Yes, yelling.
By the sounds of his voice (we have yet to see him) a middle aged man (forties?) almost constantly yells VERY LOUDLY. It sounds like he's sneezing really loud, but then ends it with a "hahahaha" on the end of it. We think he's probably mentally handicapped by the sound of it. (Just the way his voice sounds. It's not an angry yell or anything like that, just a consistent one.)
He yells the most often in the morning (6-7am through just before lunch, at least ten times an hour...usually more) and late at night (starting around 9 pm through about midnight, again, quite a few times an hour). He does it throughout the day as well, but not as consistently. It's the worst at night.
I think he lives in the building next to us since it's loud enough to hear even with the windows closed, but not like it's coming above us or something (we live on the first floor). But sometimes he wanders around and does it (we can tell because it gets louder or quieter depending on how close he is to our building).
When we moved in, the woman in the office said that if there were ever any noise problems we should write an anonymous note saying who is making what kind of noise on what days/times and turn it in. But we don't know who it is or even where he lives exactly.
What would you all recommend we do? We've been trying to ignore it, but I think it's getting worse. It's especially bothersome when we're trying to sleep!
I'd like to check out Macau, for several reasons: the postcolonial mix of cultures and the combination of the very old and the booming and modern is fascinating to me. Plus, approximately half of the things I've read about the place make it sound kind of awful and garish in its crass commercialism, which I find perversely compelling and feel the need to see for myself. Finally, it's a quick boat trip from Hong Kong, which I already know I like, so I could do it in a day.
My vote is for freedom fruit. Or a liberty apple. I know, it's not actually an apple, but the apple is a symbol of america and the banana is now a symbol of the terrrrrrrrists.
That's horribly worded probably but maybe you get the gist. I just feel like everyone is sleeping with everyone and there's no "first kiss" anymore, now it's "first fuck." It kind of breaks my heart and then I want to stay away from sex - which I feel bad about because I have a bf who I do have sex with but not so much lately since I've felt like this.
Does anyone feel the same at all? Even a little bit?
btw: This is not me saying that sex is a bad thing or anyone who has sex/multiple partners is a bad person or omgz a sinner. I guess I just feel very disheartened with society.
2. What did you have for lunch, the last time you had it?
3. What did you have for breakfast, the last time you had it?
1. A mushroom pizza.
2. A cheese and marmite panini from Starbucks and a light caramel frappuccino.
3. A tall skinny caramel latte and a pain au chocolat... again from Starbucks, haha. I walk past it every time I drop the kids off/pick them up from school, it's hard to resist.
I need real-life experience stories.
I'm thinking of going back on birth-control to regulate my periods (well, and as birth control, too). Ergo, it needs to be hormonal. However, in the past, the four different pills I tried gave me extreme mood swings and made my sex drive COMPLETELY disappear. The lower dose pills I tried gave me breakthrough bleeding.
Anyone have similar hormone sympatico problems and yet found a pill that worked for them, so I can ask about it at my doctor's appointment today?
How lazy have we become?
Do you have any "lazy" appliances? If you do, what are they?
What if it's only one or two people?
Has this ever happened to you?
eta: I forgot to mention he is 6. sorry :)
2) What liquids do you drink that aren't normally intended for consumption? (Such as pickle brine or olive juice)
I love Conan hardcore.
Carson Daly :-(
Everybody will come dressed as a celeb and party vip style, yeah yeah yeah.
BUT- I don't know who to be. I was thinking Posh&Becks, but "my becks" aka the SO is in England training to play for chelsea :-( therefore I'm Becks-less
I need ideas!
I was thinking maybe Kat Von D?
I'm 5'10" btw so obviously a semi-tall/tall celeb
2. When's the last time you ate cereal? What kind was it?
3. Are you a fast eater or a slow eater?
( Collapse )
Now I am pretty far left, but for some reason this is bothering me. I feel like it's this kind of thing that makes people think journalism schools are almost always liberal feeding grounds.
1. Am I nuts or was this not a good idea for them to show us?
2. Should I suggest a different movie about media bias without a slant?
3. What movies or books are good on fair media and reporting?
What should I get him?
What was the best gift you ever received?
What was the most romantic gift?
Mine's a tie between that Gwen Stefani song (Woo-woo, weeee-oooo!) and that hey there Delilah song.
For me, its really torture to not be able to watch the Cubs on tv or even listen to them on the radio if I wanted.
Pet Shop Boys?
Gladys Knight (with or w/o the Pips)?
Frankie Valli (with or w/o the Four Seasons)?
Have you ever repeated basically the same question unintentionally?
If yes, when you realized it, did you feel mortified, mildly embarrassed, indifferent? Something else?
We're big on Price Club (Costco), and are IN LOVE with their five-pound bag of frozen tortellini.
But we keep just topping it with red sauce out of a jar and cheese.
Any ideas for other things to do with tortellini that dont just make it pasta-and-red-sauce?
ETA: It's four cheese tortellini. :)
EDIT can you give actual reasons?
How do you define Morals?
Are they any different?
If you could add controversial books to this list what would they be and why?
( Collapse )
it's 5pm on a weekday.. what intersection (in the city that you live) is best to avoid if you're trying to beat rush hour traffic?
would you tell me a random fact abour your best friend? her socks never match.
2 Favorite candy bar?
3 Have you ever had/ when was the last time you were so very sad? (Why were you so very sad?)
4 What kind of car do you drive? (Year/ make/ model)
2. What type of shoes do you wear most frequently?
3. How can I motivate myself to get my shit done?
4. If you see somebody in a restaurant (ETA: somebody who works there) do something unsanitary, do you approach that person? Do you speak to a manager? Do you just let it slide?
My answers in comments :)
EDIT: and where you heard it from if possible.
2. For those of you who took swimming lessons, how long did it take for you to learn to swim? I mean from the first time you stepped into the pool until you were able to tread water and feel confident in deep waters. It's been two months for me and I feel like progress is sooo slow. I particularly have problems with putting my head in the water and NOT taking a breath. I always end up with a mouthful of water. : ( Do you have any tips for me in this matter? I'm going to Aruba early next year and I'd like to go snorkeling but it seems like it's going to be impossible if I can't even stick my face in the water.
2. Is there anything about your SO that embarrasses you (physically or in their personality)?
3. How many (internet) bookmarks do you have? I just counted...I have 279! WTF.
4. How do you organize your bookmarks? Do you have folders for ones that are related? Like "Funny things", "School", etc.
5.How do you use your bookmarks? Are they links you want to keep for future reference, or like a quick note to yourself to come back to them later?
Aside from the fact that you found out Santa and the Tooth Fairy didn't exist. I mean...of course they're real.
1. Would you want to live forever?
2. What do you think you would want for your 112th birthday?
9:31 AM 9/18/07 · Before I ask, I do have one request. I want you to try and answer this without looking it up first. At most you can look it up by hunting down the song to download and listen but that's it. If you decide to cheat at least say so in your answer.
Marilyn Manson has a song called Down In the Park. In the very beginning of it there is a garbled transmission that has its origins in a particular movie. Can you tell me what movie that is?
( Collapse )
How do you pronounce Ellio's Pizza?
When you do, how far back do you scroll--do you just answer questions on P.1, or do you look for older questions to answer, too?
What did he say?
SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY
PHYSICS RELATED ANSWERS A BONUS
Where do you put your keys when you get home?
Do you check your mail every day?
Do have alot of paper products in your house(tissues,paper towel,ect)?
My last day of my current job is Friday, September 28. I have 26.5 hours of unused sick/personal time. Should I call out sick for the rest of the week?
What mystery illness should I have?
I'm moving into a house with 5 of my friends, we're all at university and all have laptops on pretty much 24/7.
We're looking into pckage deals with Sky tv, Phoneline & broadband.
The package best for us has broadband offered at 2mg downlaod rate.
I don't understand what this means, it's confusing us all! So is this okay for 6 laptops.. will they be superslow?
. If parents want to sent their children to a fee paying school but can only afford for the eldest to go, should they just sent them all to a comprehensive?
. Do you drive places you could easily walk and should easily walk? Where?
. Which desperate housewife are you?
2) What was the last thing you did that you're proud of yourself for?
3) My old boss at the Ford dealership called to set up an interview for a different position. I didn't mind working there, I just left because they had no full time work for me, now they're looking for a full time title/billing clerk. Depending on the pay, should I go back if the job offer is extended to me?
4) What is your favorite unit of currency within the system your region uses? Why? Where do you live?
1) I really enjoy Us And Them, The Trial, and Wish You Were Here.
2) I made the most professional and ~fancy~ looking business letter evar.
3) I'm wondering if it'd be something I'd regret, or not.
4) I really like quarters. They're fun and useful. I live in the US.
Im already on streetcult and thestreetnetwork but I want to join some other ones.
( Collapse )
I'd say my favorites from that list are Shania, Fleetwood Mac, and Janet. I'm a big Celine and Mariah fan, but I don't think those two albums are their best. (I know, I know, it's BLAPSHEMYZOMG! to say that Butterfly isn't the ultimate shining moment in Mariah's illustrious career, but most of the songs weren't that great to me. Except The Roof, that one rocks my world.)
I've noticed that a lot of you do. Plz comment with it.
What is a body part you could really live without? (For this scenario, pretend that the part isn't vital and that you won't fall over or die if you get rid of it.) Me, I'd get rid of feet. Ick.
Mine is a cherry limeade slush w/extra cherries :)
2) Three least favorite?
3) What are you doing tonight?
4) Anyone have funny, mildly to moderately politically incorrect names for my trivia team?
*cross-posted to my own journal*
2. Did your parents (or you, if you are a parent) have to pay textbook fees?
3. What are some words that used to have negative connotations but now have positive ones?
4. Would you rather have multiple choice questions or free response with a chance of partial credit?
( Collapse )
what do you do to feel better in a moment like this?
How would you pull off the whole one-eyed thing?
What are some good costumes for me?
What are you NOT going as for Halloween this year?
What makes you NOT trustworthy?
Should I trust you?
1. How many languages can you speak?
2. What's a language you'd like to learn, but don't speak (yet)?
3. What's a language you consider beautiful?
4. Are there any good language communities in LJ-land, or language forums you recommend?
( Collapse )
The couple, whose combined income exceeds A$100,000 (US $82,875), are seeking A$398,000 (US $329,000) to cover the costs of raising one of the girls, including private school fees. They also want around A$15,000 (US $12,427) to compensate them for time off work and medical expenses.
If you were the judge in this case, would you award them the money they're asking for, a lesser sum, or nothing at all?
SHould I go back to work?
or stay home with you fine poeple?
Do you think the guy has a point?
How's the weather?
Are there some words that you say and hear every day but sometimes they sound so freakin weird? I just said "screen" and was like, wtf? lol
I'm taking a powerpoint class this semester. The teacher posted the instructions for our midterm project...we can do it on anything we want.
The teacher has a great sense of humor...
TQC, what should I do my project on!?!?
It's for English. I already have my stance written, but I'm having trouble with the counterattacks.
I'm reading a book by the author whose work inspired the Bones TV show. It's a great read but the summary on the back sucks. Since clearly the author doesn't do it, who writes the blurbs on the back of most paperback novels?
my ass hurts, does anything hurt on YOUR body?
If you had to choose between putting an air hockey table, a foosball table or a ping pong table in an extra room you had which one would you choose?
also what are some good tourst spots in el salvador?
B. If you needed money for whatever reason, let's say it's important (debt, medical bills, help with school, etc) and someone who was well off offered to help out and loan/give you the money, would you accept it? Like if it were a very old person with no family but a TON of money or a celebrity you knew well or someone with a high paying job and no kids... whatever the case may be.
2. What do you know about modern Greek culture that would be cool to reserach for my Sociology project?
3. How the crap do I make a power point? -challenged-
4. Favorite kind of OJ? I like the Naked kind!
i know they are going to share the money, but they have been fighting in the house all week about who is going to win.
which donato is going to win Big Brother tonight?
which of these winnars would you vote for if you were on the jury?
and what do you think of my school events?
1. a school event called Treasure Hunt where selected seniors lead groups of 10+ kids from all grades around Rome in search of clues. it's pretty much the only thing that the school does as a community. we're not allowed to use motorcycles/cars which many people have, and have to take a picture at each place to prove we went.
2. our annual cross-dress day that the boys seem to get hyped up about more than the girls.
3. senior slave day: each senior is sold at an auction, where the other grades and teachers get to bid on someone, and the proceeds go to either a school cause, or a cause that the school supports. EDIT the seniors are told to do ridiculous things like wear a towel and sing " A Whole New World" to the headmaster etc, it's not degrading at all.
#1 is always in the fall, and it's actually tomorrow. #2 is whenever the student council says so. #3 is always in the late spring.
I was taking notes in my economics class today and I spelled "moar" instead of "more". I LOLed.
Do It Well by Jennifer Lopez
2. What craptastic song do you really hate right now?
3. What Disney movies do you think are underrated?
Pocahontas and The Hunchback Of Notre Dame are so much better than people give them credit for, IMO. And Pete's Dragon and Bedknobs and Broomsticks for the mostly live-action set.
4. What Disney movies do you think are overrated?
Ok, The Lion King is really good and all, and the soundtrack is amazing, but I think there's so many Disney movies that are way better than this one.
5. What's your favorite Disney movie?
Beauty and the Beast, followed by Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins, and Pocahontas.
6. Why do I fail at HTML?
Mine is Keep It Comin' by Love Arcade.
1.) WHAT SHOULD I NAME IT?!?!? It's white. Extra points for lulz.
2.) If you have a macbook, what do you love/hate most about it?
I hate that I still constantly think about the ex, and I hate that I compare the new guy with the old one.
Dear TQC, when will I stop having these feelings?
What's your favorite episode?
Should I go to Wal-Mart just for a pie crust or eat it without the crust?
why is that an insult? cause I'd be pretty proud if she was.. (unless she was that one who wore diapers on her non stop drive to attack her lover)
AND NOW THEY DON'T EVEN COME WITH GRANOLA!!!!! >:O
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD TODAY?!?!
Okay, I am trying to find a suitcase that can hold a sword of mine that is 40 inches long. I am looking at a suitcase that is 30" x 20" X 12". Will it fit diagonally?
AND if it doesn't fit, how big do I need the case to be?
Listen, we are moving on the weekend, and we live in Brisbane (Australia not Cali!).
Our new house has HIDEOUS wrapping paper. I mean wallpaper (forgive me I've had half a bottle of champagne). And I am determined to get rid of it before we move in.
So how do I rent a steamer to strip the wallpaper?? Where, I mean, what do I do? I've never done this before, and a search for "Steamer" in the yellow pages does NOT yield the results I seek.
I am an American trying to make my way in Australia. Help!
Do you find the hair too? Or is it just me?
This has been going on all day.
Is there a way to bypass this or a special (free) software that can be used?
(Sorry if this is worded weirdly, I'm tired.)
What's the weirdest reaction you've ever had to something?
( Collapse )
what song should i play on guitar hero 2?
out of all the guitar heros which is your favorite?
are you excited for number three?
what do you know about it?
*A/N: I may have a Eurorail pass, so traveling within France won't be a problem. With that said, I also may be able to go to London via other countries. Are there any cheaper departures, either from plane or boat, that I should consider?
Thanks for your help!
Also: Any experience using to Eurorail pass? What would you say is the best buy? I plan to study in Madrid for 4 weeks, with some opportunity for travel on the weekends. I may also extend my trip beyond my program, and visit other countries. Any travel suggestions?
2. are you cold?
3. what do you like to put on toast?
4. do you like julia roberts?
2. You are walking on a sidewalk when you see someone you do not know in front of you, going the opposite way. When you get near that person, do you make some sign of acknowledgment or pretend you don't see him/her?
ok, then.. when did you consciously know that you were gay/straight/bi/asexual?
in the future, do you expect your sexual orientation to become more fluid, or stay the same?
do you use lube on a (semi-)regular basis?
do you use sex toys?
what about role-playing?
do you know who Tegan & Sara are? do you know who Q-tip is? do you know who Kristin Chenoweth is?
The reason I ask is that I've noticed people staring at me recently. And I realize that makes me sound like an arrogant cow, but it's been happening way too much on the subway. They keep staring even after I've given them a bitchy look. What gives? I know I'm not that hot. Am I perhaps giving off some sort of a mug me vibe, or something?
Shall I challenge the next starer to a contest or just flip him off?
Well thanks all for letting me know before we got in a huge arguement, which happens alot with us
(it was a post about how I thought I was right about friends not having a live audience, and appaently they did.. damn.)
EDIT(AGAIN): How many HOLES do you have in/on your body.???????? [ill let you decide the contex of your own holes]
When you're sick does your skin hurt?
2. Do you have someone you consider the love of your life (even if the two of you aren't together anymore)? If so, who and why?
I want a new bedspread/set of sheets but i can't find anything I like. Suggestions?
So my question to you, TQC, is this:
What makes music seem old (or new) to you?
Do you like old music more or less than new?
And just for the record, what is your favorite kind of music?
EDIT: this is not a market research. this is not about money or business and if you read my journal you know that. I don't care about businesses. At all. I have just come across a problem in my job and am asking for your help and suggestions for what you want, think would be cool. So maybe it is a market research, but seriously, I am not trying to bombard you with ads or create a money-grubbing monopoly. I am just interested.
Which of these pop culture topics do you have even a slight interest in?
EDIT: you guys are awesome- keep the book titles coming!
I heard a song on the radio the other day, and I really liked it. It was on the rock station, but it had kind of an electric sound, and the voice sounded similar to the singer of AFI's. I don't remember any of the lyrics, but the word salvation was used a lot. Once the song was over the DJ said the song title but I couldn't understand it... either the band name or the song title had the word blue in it.
Does anyone have the slightest idea of what song this is? It's driving me crazy.