I went to turn on the air conditioner and noticed a strange red sugar-like material all over the windowsil. I also notice it going all the way up along the inner windowframe. On the top of the windowframe it's amassed into thick red blobs hanging like icicles. I pulled one off and it was completely hollow. The material was brittle and crumbled easily in my fingers. Curious, I checked my other air conditioner in another room. Same thing, except a lot more of it. It managed to get all over the top of my bed and pillows, and is just caked up and won't come off.
At this point I think it's unrelated to the airconditioners, but moreso related to the fact that both windows are always open. the drips on the upper ledge are right over the largest of the "goo" splotches on the lower ledges. but still, what the heck can it be?
are there any external factors that influence the taste and smell of a woman's vagina? in particular foods that make it better or worse.
i've heard that semen tastes different depending on the man's diet, is this true? i think i heard that vegetarians have better tasting cum.. but that could just be some creative PETA propaganda or something.
Have you ever used a Ouija board? Do you believe they really are mediums for the dead to communicate with the living? Do you know anyone who does? Any Ouija board stories you want to share (whether firsthand, secondhand, or thirty-thirdhand)?
Do you think that cybering with someone other than your SO is cheating? What about cybering with someone you know in real life as opposed to someone you only know online? Or what if you get "married" in an MMORPG, but never cyber?
1. My face is round...okay, fat...and as a result I hate the way I look when I put my hair up. Any suggestions as to how I can get my hair out of my face while not highlighting its chubbiness at the same time? I used to do two braids but my hair isn't long enough for that anymore. I don't like bangs and they make me look about five years old but I guess I am somewhat open to the right style...
2. Which novels have been written entirely in second-person?
I recently changed my workout to three one-hour cardio sessions a week. This leaves me utterly exhausted afterwards to the point where I am in a daze the entire evening. I know I will eventually get used to it but right now it just kills me. My question is this:
Will I get the same benefits, or better benefits, from doing six 1/2 hour workouts a week or should I stick with the rigorous one hour workout 3 times a week?
There wouldn't be a difference in the number of calories I'd burn a week (about 2700), but I'm wondering what is best overall for my body and heart.
I'm thinking of getting a Suberu Forester when my car (also a suber) conks out. Can anyone tell me if its good on gas mileage, cause i don't want to spend a lot on a car to have to then be spending a lot more on gas than I do now. Also, what is good milage when they have it on the site with the car, and can anyne recomend a car/something like the forester that has good gas mileage and is pretty easy to see out of? I like my car cause I really only have 1 major blind spot that I worry about, and its nice and easy to park because its small, but I'd like to be higher off the ground because lately more and more bigger cars have been kind of harassing me so I'm worried I'm going to get squashed.
I teach junior high, and this year I've been given grade 7 film studies as an option class to teach. Though I like and am able to appreciate movies as an artform, I've never taught this subject before. What I'm looking for is a website that lists a bunch of films (or clips - this would be even better) that are examples of various techniques or terminology. For instance, "the stadium scene in Dirty Harry is a good scene to watch when studying distance and angle in camera techniques." Do you know of such a site? If so, would you mind passing it on to me?
1. Is it worth it to hire a moving company for my upcoming move? 2. Have you ever hired one? 3. If so, was it expensive? 4. What is tipping etiquette for movers?
I don't have a ton of stuff and I'm going from a first-floor apartment to a fifth-floor apartment that has a freight elevator. It's not going to be a huge endeavor, but between full-time school and work I have no idea how I'm going to do it myself.
1) What is the funniest/weirdest thing that has happened today?
2) What brand of soap do you use?
3) Any plans for the upcoming weekend?
4) If you live in the US, do you have Monday(Labor Day) off? How do you plan to spend the day?
5) If you could only live in one single month for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?
1) Either the jackass, bros-before-hos, snarky, annoying kid at my work waltzing in today telling EVERYONE, "I'm in love!!!!", or my other co-worker nonchalantly saying, "Hey, we haven't had the windows shot in a while, huh?" haha. He just said it so casually. I love my ghetto city.
2) I switch between Ivory, Irish Spring and Dove.
3) Party friday night, maybe some car show Saturday, nothing much sunday, and I dunno for Monday.
Last night something pretty weird happened. It's hard to explain so bear with me. It was around 2 am and my eyes were getting heavy and I was thinking about how I was probably going to fall asleep soon.
All of a sudden my eyes close, I feel like I'm falling off my bed and just felt really weird inside... I was trying to say my roommates name. I didnt actually call her name but in my mind it felt like I was really trying to and she couldn't hear me. I felt like I was in trouble. The scary part was I couldnt wake up, I felt trapped and believed I couldnt open my eyes, and I was a little shaky when I did. This whole thing only last about a minute but it was super weird. I dont know if I actually couldnt physically open my eyes at that moment, but it really felt like it.
Its almost like I fell into a deep sleep really quick and then woke up again.. and it wasnt a dream, it was really different. This has never ever happened to me before either.
To explain it best would be to say that I was asleep but also thinking about the fact that I was asleep at the same time.. some of my thoughts were "oh I must be falling off the bed, she must be coming to help me, but I cant see anything.." I felt trapped like I was in another world or something, I couldn't open my eyes or anything, it was scary.
Does anyone know what I mean?? It was just very odd so I really wanna know what happened and if it's normal or whatever. Any thoughts are appreciated.
So the husband and I were at BJ's Warehouse the other day and we were looking at the electronics. They had a desktop PC with 2gbs of RAM, 130GB HDD, DVD player/burner, built in card reader and it came with a 17" flat screen HD LCD monitor, speakers and Windows Vista Home Premium all for 599$. I want to say it was a Dell.
EDIT: It also came with a video card and a sound card, not just onboard video and sound. EDIT2: The processor was an AMD Athlon 64 something or other +4000. NOT an Intel.
Is this a good deal? Should we buy it? Would YOU buy it? Do you think the price might go down around Black Friday or after Xmas? Are Dell's good computers? Does Vista suck?
1. I'm buying an Apple laptop for school. I was thinking about the base MacBook, but the MacBook Pro calls to me. Is it worth the extra bazillion dollars?
2. Why would a bra that has always been too small for me suddenly fit perfectly? The cups were fine but it was too tight around my ribcage and I haven't lost any substantial amount of weight that I know of. ETA: It's not stretched from washing or wearing because I never... washed it or wore it.
3. What are your colors according to your skintone, hair, and eyes? Do you stay close to them when buying clothes? I have pale freckly skin, chestnut brown hair, and green eyes. Apparently I am "warm" and should stick to autumn colors.
Is there a website when you can enter a word and it will spit out all of the words you can make with the letters? Not a full anagram -- like, I enter a seven-letter word and it will give me all of the three-letter words, four letter-words, etc., that I can make with those seven letters? I fail at Google and I can't find anything.
I'm looking to open up a small savings account, just to put my extra change in at the end of the week. I'm looking for a bank that won't charge me a lot of fees or anything. (I do have the minimum deposit on hand and plan to keep it in there)
What bank would you recommend? I'm in northshore Massachusetts, for reference.
and since that question is very region-specific, here's another:
What is your favorite pasta dish? I particularly enjoy Pasta Puttanesca, spaghetti or tortellini with sauce, and mac & cheese, although I love any pasta!
Me and my camp friends are looking to have a scavenger hunt when we all visit each other next weekend, and I'm looking for some fun ideas to add to our list. Stuff like "get a picture with a police officer," "get 5 random guys phone numbers," "propose to a stranger," etc. any ideas!
1. Most of you would call 911. They rescue him, but since he has no insurance, the hospital refuses to keep him overnight. Since you're the closest thing to a caretaker he has at this point, you're asked if you wouldn't mind having Sasquatch recover in your home, until he's healthy enough to be released into the wild. Sasquatch is potty trained, and just requires a litterbox (think three times as big as the one for your cat) and a steady diet of fruit, berries and fresh meat. The recovery process will take about 3 weeks before he's healthy enough to leave. If you refuse, they'll just drop him off in skid row, same as they do with the injured homeless. Do you accept the invalid Sasquatch into your home, or let him fend for himself on the mean streets?
2. Bigfoot survives the automobile accident, and hires a lawyer to sue you for attempted manslaughter (or apemanslaughter), claiming you saw him crossing the road and sped up to hit him. Turns out, yetis are assholes, and Bigfoot just wants money to buy that handsome cabin in the woods he's had his eye on. Fighting these charges will be very expensive. You know that he's staying in a cave in the woods, which was his abode all along. Would you contest these charges in the court of law, or simply go out one day and poach him?
1. What is the sexual appeal of a one-legged 60 year old man? Are you into one-legged seniors? 2. How many citizens of that country have bought stock in Trojan Condoms because of this man? ETA: ZERO BC I AM DUMB AND CLEARLY HE IS NOT USING PROTECTION SO THAT HE MAY MAKE MAD BABIEZ YO. 3. Maury Povich episode waiting to happen y/n???
Now my co-worker is asking me to make her how-to's for stuff so basic I dont know what to write.. how wrong is it to ask my boss when I meet with him on thursday to recommend she take a basic computer course?
she'll prob. say no, or complain about it because she's a stubborn 59 yearold, who thinks I should teach her everything I can about the computers and how stuff works, and when I don't know the answer because it's something technical, like why the font changes when she hits enter in an email. she gets defensive if I don't know the answer or don't understand her question!
Maybe I am going to get serious shit from this, but does anyone else occasionally (not religiously, but, you know, whenever you can) watch Hannah Montana simply because of the mildly-lesbian undertones between...um, the two females? ^__^
1. Did you know there is going to be a lunar eclipse early tomorrow morning? 2. Do you plan on watching it? (if you are within sight of it) 3. Someone earlier in the week told me that tonight something about Mars will be closer to the earth than it will be in a thousand years (or something) and it wlll be as big as a full moon in the Eastern sky - reaching its peak tonight. Anyone heard of this?
What would you do if you found yourself in a serious, living-together relationship where the other person is extremely sweet, devoted, etc. to you, and you DO indeed love him/her, but you find yourself not wanting to be in a relationship at that time in your life? Maybe it's boredom, you don't know. edit: You were engaged at one point and have broken that off already.
Would you break up with this person and never look back? Would it be stupid to give up a great person who loves you just because you feel like being unattached? Is boredom and wanting to be unattached a signal that this relationship is fated to never work out? How do you leave someone who has done you no wrong as gracefully and easily as possible?
When will I be too old to move away from boring small town Florida to New York City? Considering I have no children and stuff. I was considering moving to Gainesville Fl first and was wondering how much time I've got
Assuming you know of what I speak: are there any members of The Initiative that aren't human? It is the superhuman registration act, after all. Does it seem fair at all that it seems to apply to all powered individuals that are on the Earth and not simply the human ones? For that matter, what about folks like Hawkeye and a few others that are big with the gimmicks but don't possess any actual powers...why should it apply to them?
1. Who is your favorite character in the movie Clue? 2. Which of the three endings do you like the best? 3. Did you see it in the theater when it first came out? 4. If so, were you confused if someone told you the ending was different that what you remember? 5. Know of any other movies that feature planned multiple endings in the theater?
If you go to a place that develops pictures and ask if they have any negatives from over exposed film with no discernible picture that you can have, are they likely to give it to you, or lecture you about customer privacy?
1. I'm getting sharp intense pains on my left side/to the kind of center of my abdomen. They come and go in waves. I started getting them last night before I ate dinner. I thought it was because I had taken my pain medication on an empty stomach, but it doesn't line up as well anymore. I just had my wisdom teeth out, I'm taking hydrocodone and ibuprofen. Has this ever happened to anyone?
2. Do you like tapioca pudding?
3. If you're in school, when do you/did you start?
What's the closest other people have been to you when you've been messing around with someone? I.e. ten feet away, on the same couch, etc, and what's the worst you've done when someone is not involved was really close to you?
1) Do you ever wear khaki pants not in a work setting? 2) What's your favorite flavor of Teddy Graham? 3) How long are you supposed to use clarifying shampoo for? 4) Do you already have plans for your Halloween costume? 5) If so, what are you gonna be?
What was the last truly trash-tastic food/meal you made? I just cooked up a can of low-fat cream of mushroom soup, added vegetarian mince, tossed in some instant gravy granules, and topped with a heaping spoonful of powdered cheese courtesy of Kraft Mac and Cheese. Despite the strong resemblance to vomit it truly is a most enjoyable bowl of goodness...
What is your experience with canned spinach (if any)? I didn't want to buy a bag of frozen spinach because I'm moving out soon so I bought a can of leaf spinach, but I'm scared to try it in cooking.
1, My boyfriend has recently voiced the request that i be a little more girly, ie about fashion, hair, make-up, etc. I, being a near complete tomboy, could care less about all this stuff and have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?
2. How many TQC members started school today? What classes are you taking? What grade level are you at? --I started my sophomore year of college today. I'm taking english, aerobics, and sociology.
I think I broke it, haha. D: Hopefully someone here knows something about this.
I bought a Japanese game and SwapMagic and a slide tool and attempted to use them. I removed the cover of the disc tray, put SwapMagic in and let it load up, and tried to use the slide tool as instructed (stick it under the tray and use it to pull it open). I got the tray to come out about an inch or so, but then it wouldn't come out anymore, and I can't get it to go back in either. Also, if I press the eject button, the light just blinks and the tray doesn't move. Wah. D:
So, TQC, is there a way to fix this? If so, what should I do?
1] Are you personally friends with a psycho (ex)girlfriend? What have they done to make them a psycho (ex)girlfriend? I used to work with a couple, and I was close to both of them. After they got into arguments, she would leave his house [or wherever they were] angrily, cut/scratch/punch herself, call the cops and tell them she was raped, and asked nicely if they could call her boyfriend and inform him of what just happened. She did this approximately 2-3 times a month.
2] My FAFSA says that I have been selected for verification. What does this mean?! It does not sound happy.
3] Were you abused as a child? If so, how is your relationship with said abuser? My mom used to beat me up all the time, pretty bad too, but it stopped when I was about 13 or so. I don't respect my mother, but it doesn't have anything to do with how she abused me. It didn't damage me psychologically, but I always find it weird when people I tell are disgusted/appalled by it.
4] What are you reading right now? The Nanny Diaries.
My sister is going crazy trying to remember the name of a book she had to read in school in like 11th grade. It was about some British people and a man invited a friend on a safari with him, but the friend ended up being the prey.
I am currently looking around to find a nice, preferably high-tone expensive restaurant in my area (North Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota); does anyone have any good websites that can direct me to the best places to check out? Preferably ones that feature ratings and/or price listings.
Does anybody here know of any food related zines that deal with either junk food specifically or just have the tendencie to cover cheeseburgers and fast food restaurants, do you know anything of that nature?
If you cant think of any zines like that what is your favorite food related zine anyway?
Would a zine like that interest you at all? When I say junk food i mean meals and restaurants, reviews and maybe funny news articles on taboo and possibly unhealthy food subjects.
Obviously Im writing something like this, Ill probably include things without meat as well, (like tasty yet unhealthy vegan dishes or reviews/news whatever) Any Suggestions?
For those in a relationship (answer for a previous one if you want), do you have a song together? If so, what is it? (feel free to link to lyrics) Why is it your song?
My boyfriend and I were talking about how we don't have a song. he thought it's supposed to be the first one you dance to, but we haven't danced yet and I haven't heard that idea. So how did you get your song?
I'm halfway through The Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster. And I think I'm in love.
Normally, I won't buy new books while I'm still in the middle of a few (I'm re-reading Emma as well), but my mom said she'd buy me a few before I go back to college, so I want to check out more of his stuff.
However, I've been warned that the rest of his oeuvre is more depressing then Follies. Would anybody be able to recommend which one I should read next?
So some of you may remember my awkward/weird/freakish toes, so I'm back with more bendy appendages! In this case, my bendy head/neck. So I was exercising today, and my brother was like WHAT your neck forms a right angle with your body. Does anyone else's do this? Pix are preferred whether you can or not, but I can maybe take your word for it.
Hey TQC! I need help with something! I'm going to paint my backpack for school. However, I don't know what paint to use... I mean, Fabric paint is the obvious choice, but I hate the results. Will Acrylics work on a jansport backpack?
I'm not doing anything tomorrow so my boyfriend challenged me to go find and purchase a pair of handcuffs by tomorrow night. What kind of stores should I be going to? It would be preferable if they were fuzzy but not necessarily required of them. I am completely at a loss of where I should even START as far as looking for them.
I am seventeen and cannot go to stores of an adult nature.
And the first question that popped into my mind was, "Hm. What if he has to poop? Where does he do it and who cleans it up? Or are seeing eye dogs not subject to that law?"
So, TQC, I thought maybe one of you might know. If you have a seeing eye dog, what is poopie protocol? Does the blind person walk him/her a certain number of times a day? Is it scheduled? And the most important question - who picks up the poop? And HOW? Are seeing eye dogs trained to direct a blind person to the poop? How does it work?"
An the second question, how do you get to be a writer?
As a side, tonight we saw the girl from the Nanny's boobs! That's right. Gracie. We saw Gracie's boobs! (californication. oy.)
I got it from the kids library when I was fairly young, so some twenty years ago, back in England. There was a town which was walled, had a main gate. The main gist that I remember was something about bad town officials or leaders, and an outsider eventually takes care of them by tricking them into getting on this black horse that will be by the town gates that night. All the guys get on this horse - I vaguely remember that it turns out to be a really long one, and the guy sees the horse's back in the gateway and jumps on, not noticing the other guys right away - and this horse turns out to be there to take them to hell or something, and it has red eyes. They try to jump off but its hair is wiry and they are stuck to it, and it carries them off to... well, hell I guess.
Freaky as shit, but yes a kids' book. Ring any bells, oh QC?
How many books do you read a month? What were the last 5 books you read? What books are you reading ~right now~? What books have you been planning on reading but have been procrastinating for years? What's your goodreads dealio?
Do you think history is at least as or most important then english? what about math? science? physical education?