Have you ever heard of the Wayback Machine?
Only a few days ago did I learn that such a thing existed..
2) what does root beer taste like to you??
3) why when you're drinking and you go in a hot tub, you feel more drunk??
4) when was the last time drinking resulted in you vomiting all over yourself, a toilet or another object?
b) do you normally drink to the point of black outs and getting sick?
2. If I have my foot on the brake and put my other foot on the gas pedal, what will happen?
3. Suppose I wear 25 spf on my face plus bareminerals (spf 15) will that equalize to a 40 spf or not?
4. what's your plan for the rest of tonight?
two - what's the longest you've ever gone between washings?
three - how long can you usually go before it gets greasy/dry/desperate?
and i guess
four - when you don't have time to wash it, how do you make it less gross?
I'm asking because I have a lot of studying to do but I'm just really not in the mood. I keep thinking "One more episode of *insert pretty much any show here*". I needs help, y'all! :D
(I asked what I should get her the other day, but most of you told me to get her things I've already bought for her in the past. I've decided to get an online gift certificate... but what sort?! In the past I have gotten her gift certificates for Netflix, Lush, eBags and eBay. She liked most of them, especially Netflix. Any suggestions?)
2. When does school start back up for you?
3. What grade or year are you going into?
4. Are you looking forward to it?
2. August 22
3. 11th grade
4. No, i'm going to a new school closer to my house and i'm scared that me and the people who i've become friends with that don't go to my school will get distanced.
Who did you donate it to and how did you decide that?
What was the process like?
I already itemize my taxes, so I know about the tax deduction side of it. I'm more curious about how your experience was with the organization, the interactions and the eventual donating of the car.
and if it doesn't exist, is there a simple program out there anywhere for mac that removes a vocal track from an mp3?
Also, why is is that in most of the comic titles it's Aliens versus Predator? Why are only the xenomorphs referred to in the plural? It's not like you see a lot of single Preds hunting them.
1) have you ever gone to work drunk? tipsy? etc?
3) did they figure it out?
4) if so, what happened? if not, were you freaking out that they would?
2) i drank too much at a friend's party, but then couldn't call in to work. well, i could've, but i knew which manager was on, and i knew she'd plead with me to come in anyways.
4) yess. oh man. i had to go talk to the manager like right when i got to work, and i was SO scared she'd figure out i'd been drinking.
If that was your whole gift, would you be sad that there wasn't more?
Even if you're not a girly-girl, would you be interested in trying those products?
I'm thinking of sharing my favorite e-tailers with my friends/family for xmas. I think that they will like them (I LOVE them), but I don't want to be cheap by giving them just that, but I also don't want to 'out-gift' everyone if I give them that + their real gift.
What's the best thing that happened this weekend?
2) What's the weather like today?
3) What's the worst thing your significant other has ever said to you?
I know this is someone in TQC's icon, I can't place the name, but WHY THE HELL is it on my Google page?
If I were to do this, would it make me (more of) an attention whore?
2- Finger paints: y/n?
3- What is a swell (yet doesn't cost a million bucks) camera that is capable of panoramic shots? I just got a taste for doing them, and now I want more!
I am clueless about computers.
I went to buy a PC, perhaps and e-machine or another and was swayed by the sexy Apple iMac. I don't want the Apple guy to be blowing smoke up my.....by convincing me Apple is better.
If you are a loyal Apple fan, let me know why? and vice versa please tell me any and all woes about Apple.
PS. I would just be using it for basic internet surfing, writing papers and of course music and photo storage etc.
2. do you keep medicine in your medicine cabinet?
3. how many mosquito bites do you have?
4. what creative thing will you do this week?
5. have you ever been to Branson, MO?
ETA: if you have never heard of Branson...it's the country music capital of the world. it has more live country shows than Nashville. It's also insane. It's like Las Vegas without the glamour, gambling and nudity.
As of February 2008, I will be moving somewhere completely new. I have nothing holding me down, so why not while I can? I haven't decided where yet and moving to a new country for awhile is definitly a possibility. My only restrictions (and these are all just personal preference) are that it must be within a couple hours of the ocean, either have English or Italian as the language spoken, and preferably either be a large city or close to one (within an hour's distance). Nothing in New England as that is where I am living now and nothing in the Southeast (of the US) as I have lived there in the recent past.
Edit: And not Florence either. I've lived in Italy and no offence if you love it but I think Florence is the most overrated city in the country.
If you could move somewhere that fell within these guidelines, where would it be and why?
2. What's your favorite genre of movies?
3. In your opinion, what has been the worst movie to come to theaters in 2007?
4. What's your least favorite genre of movies?
ETA: 5. What movie(s) this year that's not out yet or is in theaters now are you looking forward to seeing?
I am a girl with quite a deep voice; if you aren't talking to me in person you'll probably mistake me for a tween-boy. When I've sung before, in my "normal" voice like this, my mother had told me that I sounded like I was singing through my nose. So I sometimes I try to sing a bit... higher, but I don't know if that is totally natural? Because when I sing up on the scale, my range gets pretty limited... I'm not sure if you're supposed to sing from your voice or up a bit higher like that, what is natural?
2. My husband, our best friend and I are going to Dragon*Con very soon and we love to dress up! My husband and I know our main costumes, but our friend will only dress up if he can do it with us. What are some good ideas for two guys and a girl to dress as? I'd prefer to be something cute and sorta sexy because that's what I like to do for the cons. I was thinking something akin to American McGee's Alice with them as the hatter and march hare, but it's hard to find scary rabbit masks that don't cost $400.
3. I went to work on Saturday to work out (I work in a gym, btw) and a lady flipped out on me. She's never been mean or rude to me before, so it caught me really offgaurd. Also, she knew I was off the clock and I know I didn't do anything inappropriate at all (basically she was mad at me for having a conversation with other ladies around us - I didn't use bad words or riske' topics). Even though I know I was in the right, I just apologised to her over and over, but she was WAY upset for some reason and mentioned she knew she should be telling my boss and not me, but my boss wasn't there. Today when I go to work, do you think I should go ahead and address it with my boss? I am pretty sure this lady will hunt my boss down to the ends of the Earth if she has to to complain since she was freaking out, which is why I'm considering it.
I am heading off to college in a couple of weeks, and I have to leave my hamster at home--we cannot have animals like that in our dorms, though I am fairly certain that we can have fish. I think I will sort of miss having an animal around to be my pet/friend--does anyone know what I mean? Anyway, I do not want to get a pet simply for the companionship, and end up accidentally mistreating him by keeping him in a too-small tank or any of that.
EDITED BECAUSE LITERALLY THIRTY SECONDS AFTER I POSTED THIS, I GOOGLED MY OWN QUESTION AND FOUND THE MAIN ANSWER. SO INSTEAD...
How do *you* take care of your betta? Have you come across any helpful tips as to keeping them healthy? Do they only eat dried bloodworms, or do you give them other foods, as a treat or something? How long have you had your betta?
Have you ever had fish (not just bettas, I mean fish in general)? What kinds of fish were they, and how long did it/they live?
I had a pink kissing gourami named Hootie, who honestly lived about seven or eight years. (Which amazed me, since their life expectancy is about 5 years, and, to be honest, I got him when I was younger and, as a result, rarely cleaned his tank. Not quite the best pet ownership, but kissers can apparently adapt to most water conditions...)
( Collapse )
What kind of flooring do you have in your place of residence?
So, I was watching a little of The Price is Right this morning...
1. Do you like The Price is Right? If not, what are you - a Commie? ;)
2. What is your favorite game on the show?
3. Is this the one you'd want to play, or is their another you'd do better at?
4. What kind of contestant would you be? - excited, cool like dat, lowkey but happy...something else?
5. If you watch and see someone from your home state/town/college, does that make you more apt to root for them?
6. If you could be on any old-school game show (think The Game Show network, not the newly abundant - and abundantly silly - primetime ones), which one would it be? Would you kick some ass, or just be on it to have fun?
...which may not be so unusual for me as it is for other folks.
Anyway, I found my gaze brought specifically to her shirt (not for de boobage...well, maybe) and I got a bit cunfused. Y'know those shirts that saw I love, using a heart in place of the actual word love, something or other? Well, instead of a heart she had the symbol of the Playboy bunnies. So it was "I playboy·bunny·head you".
What the Hell does this mean?
2) is 12.99% APR a good or bad rate on a credit card?
3) Is staying with someone because you are afraid of being alone & hurting the other person a dumb idea? (Assume this is a very serious relationship)
4) What is your favorite chocolate-covered snack? Mine's pretzels.
5) My co-worker came in with a bad cold today, and now my throat hurts. Is it possible for me to catch it that fast when he only walked by me a few times & handed me some order slips?
how does sand get there??
what's the worst sunburn you've ever had? how did you go on living?
BMS 523 - Epidemiology
CS 661 - Introduction to Medical and Bioinformatics
STA 621 - Design of Experiments and Regression
I'm most excited about Epidemiology.
In about a week and a half, I'm moving to a dorm. Those who have been through this, what did you bring with you? What should I bring with me? What are some things you didn't think of, then realized would be helpful? And what things are really obvious (because I'm bound to forget something like that)?
Assuming you play, what would you do with the money if you won 245 million dollars?
Would you take the monthly payments or cash out for the chunk?
( Collapse )
2. What are festival essentials?
2. What is your favorite default LJ layout? Where do you get yours from? I need a new one soon.
3. What color is your bed spread?
4. What should I have for dinner that is CHEAP?
I am aiming for something more polite than "WHAT THE FUCK YOU FUCKING MORONS? DID NO ONE EVER TELL YOU THAT PAINTING MOVING PARTS IS A FUCKING BAD IDEA? YOU ARE REPLACING THEM WHEN YOU MOVE OUT AND IF THEY DON'T WORK NOW DON'T COME CRYING TO ME."
I do, unfortunately, have to be nice to these people.
I ask because I realize I haven't spent money since about this time yesterday, and it feels weird. I usually buy a mocha or lunch or something, but I haven't spent a dime in 24 hours. Feels good. Weird. But good.
Other than that one, the one that was patterned after Daredevil survived and thrived beside the voodoo priestess Calypso (former lover of Kraven the Hunter). It continued to pursue Daredevil for a couple years after that till it eventually met its end.
I can never remember...what was the name this creature went by?
Have you ever had a crown placed on a tooth? Cost?
Was it painful? It looks like I may have to have one of the above. They'll know more on Thursday once they start drilling. What does one do when they have basic dental insurance b/c they've never had any problems ever before with their teeth except for a rare cavity and now their basic dental insurance doesn't cover root canals or crowns?
2) What's the last thing you felt guilty about?
- Having a job you hate in the profession you chose
- Trying for years to get a job in the profession you chose to go into, without any success
In sum, is it worse to have a job you hate, or spend years trying to get your foot in the door.
How do you entertain someone on a work night without alcohol available and without "relations"
3 serious wishes?
3 selfish wishes?
3 selfless wishes (you can't use them on yourself)?
Who would win in a fist fight: Henry Rollins or Glenn Danzig?
Note that this is a bare fist fight, there will be no use of power tools, appliances, cutlery, or former bandmates in this brawl.
And serious answers only, please. This is a very serious matter.
2) What general time of the day do you usually go poo?
3) What is your favorite condiment?
1) I just started bawling at Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah. At work. Oh dear. I'm not even really big on that song.
2) lol, morning
My question is--can I fill in the blanks as they're labeled, and will the post office recognize it? Or should I just get a white label or something and place it over the form and just address it then?
Also, the address form is on the back of the envelope. Will the envelope go through the post office okay, or should I squeeze the address in on the front instead?
2. Anyone else having HORRIBLE sinus problems? If so, Where do you live?
3. What's the longest distance you've ever driven by yourself? How long did it take?
4. Anyone have reading material in your bathroom? Whatcha got?
1. YES! One night last week both of my roommates ended up being gone all night and it was probably about 3am. It started thundering and I was CONVINCED someone was breaking in down stairs (I live in a townhouse), I even got up and locked my bedroom door. Then I looked towards the window and saw flashing light. ANY other normal person would then realize it's a storm, not me! I then convinced myself it was flashlights of the people breaking in. It wasn't until I looked at weather.com and saw there was a storm that I somewhat calmed down again. Oh, and PS...I'm 22.
2. My sinuses want to kill me. I live in Atlanta.
3. I moved to Haverhill, MA from Atlanta, GA earlier this year (yep, lasted only like 5 weeks), I packed up everything that would fit in my car, grabbed my cat, and drove 1200 miles, alone. Driving time was like 18 hours, but I stopped in Chambersburg, PA. Five weeks later I made the trek back, and stayed in Chambersburg, PA again, oddly enough, same room.
4. Yes, I was sick last week (TMI!). I have an intouch weekly, and the perks of being a wallflower. :)
2. Have you hugged your lawyer today?
3. I want to do something special to celebrate my roommate not getting kicked out of school. If you had just not been kicked out of school, what would you want to do?
4. Which US Constitutional Amendment is your favorite?
2. What is the nicest ting someone else has ever done for you?
3. What is the youngest age you, as a hypothetical parent, would feel comfortable letting your child play outdoors (in a relatively enclosed neighborhood and no traffic) with a group of other kids up to the age of 12 there to watch them?
Just asking cause my daughter likes to play outside with the other kids and some of them are as young as three with no parental supervision! I always go out with my daughter but other than that, nobody is watching the other kids. My mom once said that she let my daughter (18m) play outside with them for a while while she went in to make dinner and I was like D; WTF, PLEASE NO.
Is 18 months too young? 3? 5? 12?
How far away do you expect to park from your destination when you go out?
Can you ever REALLY have too much of a good thing?
2. Have you ever worked night/3rd shift? What was it like?
3. Ever worked in a warehouse? I might be starting a job working 3rd shift in a warehouse, but everyone I've talked to seems to think it'd be a horrible job since I'm a girl. They didn't tell me what to wear and that I should just come in on Thursday. What would be appropriate warehouse clothes?
what has a guy/girl said to you to get you in bed that's worked?
were you ever unwittingly "the other (wo)man"?
Where's a good place, online or brick & mortar, that I can go to find non-standard sized picture frames? Is there a secret, gotta-check-them-out store for more standard sizes?
And for giggles, here are all the sizes I need (both standard and non-standard):
11 x 14: 7
17 x 22: 4
19 3/4 x 27 1/2: 1
16 x 20: 1
14 x 19: 3
13 3/4 x 17 1/2: 4
9 1/2 x 11 3/4: 1
5 1/2 x 11 1/2: 1
9 x 13: 4
15 x 15: 1
Frame to mount oil painting canvas: 15 x 18
My (drunk asshole) friend's (2-inch) penis. I so, so did not want to see that.
2 What is your dream job?
3 Do you have/want kids?
4 How much would/did you spend on your wedding?
5a What is one thing you do every day?
5b What is one thing you would do every day if you had the time/money?
6 What do you want?
Does anyone know what Im talking about?
2. i have kind of a funky/colorful style and i need new clothes. what's a reasonably priced(nothing like Abercrombie & Fitch prices), fun store i should shop at when i get a full time job?
3. is there ANYWHERE that doesn't make ALL their girls t-shirts cap sleeved?
does anyone else hate cap sleeves with a fucking passion?
1. i'm wearing the Manchester United 05/06 season goalie shirt
and these horrible pj pants that have a cartoon cat with a feather in its mouth and the words "BAD KITTY" all over them. i wouldn't post a picture of them if i had one.
2 & 3. idk!
Do you, or at any time did you, have really really dry hair? My hair is just devoid of moisture, and I don't know what to do. What products would you recommend to bring my hair back to life?
2. do you pop your blisters or leave them?
Have you ever been to a wine tasting? What did you like/dislike about it?
Do you keep track of the books you read? If you track them online, what's the link?
( Collapse )
2 When talking to someone face to face, which of their eyes do you look at the most? Do you try to give equal eye time in case one gets jealous, or do you just look between the eyes to make it fair?
I look at the right eye the most, though I flick over to the left every now and then. I feel silly looking at the space between their eyes.
3 Have you ever read a Dr Seuss book out loud without tripping over the words? My daughter's father gave her some, and boy those things are hard to get right. At least she's too young to understand English, let alone Seuss :)
There is one individual this otherwise kind person is wretchedly vicious to.
It is not known or obvious that the individual has done anything to the person.
If good and bad were black and white; Do you guess that this person a good one or a bad one at the end of their life?
2. why do people get all cocky when they're chewing gum? i read once that chewing gum makes people score higher on tests. do you think it gives people confidence?
3. how far away do you live from where you grew up?
What's your stance on letting your kid get pierced? Explain your reasoning behind it as well, please.
Does the gender of your kid matter? Why or why not?
Does the piercing matter? Why or why not?
If the piercing does matter, what piercings would you allow, and which ones wouldn't you? Why or why not? (some examples: eyebrow, nose, navel, cartilage, stretched lobes of various sizes, lip, etc etc)
If you do let them get one, and after that they come asking for more, where would you draw the line and start saying "no?"
I am considering rushing for a soriority this coming semester, although I will be a Junior, is that too old?
also, please describe to me the process of rushing for a sorority, and, how often events are/are they mandatory? generally, is it a good idea to join or no?
2. what about the white rapper show?
2a. do you think there will be another white rapper show?
3. What is you favorite all time show?
4. What show are you into right now?
2] How do you start a conversation with new people who you may or may not have anything in common with?
Does anyone know if colleges have tutoring programs this early into the year? We just started on the 15th. Where would I normally go to ask about this?
(I go to City College of San Francisco, if it matters)
I'm not looking for names, just sport names.
2. Who owes you money? You gonna break their legs or what, yo?
3. If you drink beer, which beer do you prefer? I like Dos Equis even though I seem to be the only one sometimes.
Does this change when it's online?
And how do i get it back as it was?
If you had to, would you rather eliminate chocolate or peanut butter from your life?
How about chocolate or cheese?
how amazing is that movie?
did it make you cry at the end? (because I completely did. FUCKED UP.)
do you, or have you ever, agree with some of the points in that movie?
do you know anyone who is really really racist?
( Collapse )
2. What do you do to feel better when you're overwhelmed?
3. What is a good random gift to send to a boyfriend of 2 years?
4. What do you do if you really want to start riding your bike more often but can't stand the obnoxious people in your town/city that constantly beep or yell random sexual obscenities at you while you're riding?
5. What are some good documentaries to rent?
6. Do you know of any websites where you can watch documentaries for free?
Should I buy a coloring book too?