edit: By chicken salad I mean chicken with mayo and celery. I had more to eat today, but I had that just 1-2 hours ago.
is it his old peoples' dialect of english?
are there two pronunciations of diabetes?
is one wrong?
is he wrong but no one will correct him because he's old and has diabetes?
For me, if it's domestic I'm all about Southwest. International, I'm a Lufthansa kind of girl.
2. In the past, what did you have to possess (could be intangible or whatever) in order to feel worthy?
I'd appreciate serious answers. Thank you.
2. How do you hang the paper towels/toilet paper?
( Collapse )
Is it wrong to give caffeinated soda to a child?
Is it wrong to feed peanut butter to a dog just to watch the dog smack its lips repeatedly? Even if the dog enjoys the peanut butter?
Is it wrong to put salt on watermelon? (My mother eats it that way.)
My friend shaves them, which I found really weird because I've never even had hair on my toes, so I asked my sister, and she responded like it was the most common thing, which got me curious. I've never even heard of shaving toes before.
I'm engaged and I'm not really a jewelry person at all. Rings look funny on my hands anyways. I want to get a tattoo ring that has my (future) last name and the date of our wedding.
I've thrown this past a few friends and they're like, "Nooooooo that means it's FOREVER".
Well, to me, marriage IS forever.
And, if we do end up divorced, I could always have it filled in, but I'll always have that permanent "wedding ring".
What do you all think?
I'm thinking that it should be something expensive and/or wonderful. She's helped me out a lot lately. Expensive, meaning up to $300 or so.
2. What trait do you think everyone should have or learn to have?
3. What do you think your best traits are? Your worst?
tqc, what do you do when you feel like you've been broken up with and stabbed in the back by 2 of your best friends all in one night? and i couldn't drink afterwards cause i had to drive home.
How much do you typically get tipped for it?
Have you ever hired someone to clean your house?
How much did you tip?
a. in their friends-only banner?
b. Their layout?
c. On the front of a notebook/binder?
d. In a locker, etc etc?
will you post a picture of something mutant? but not x-men.
( Collapse )
Does it matter what the disease is?
Who watched the final results show of "So you think you can dance"?
Were you pleased with the results?
Did you watch the performance show on Wednesday?
Which was your favorite dance match-up of the night?
It appears that Ms. Winehouse is battling rather serious addiction problems right now.
How do you feel about that? Do you like the ever-increasing irony in her "Rehab" hit?
My mom has quit smoking and her 1-year anniversary is coming up. I am really proud of her and want to buy her a present. What do you buy someone for a quit smoking anniversary? I don't even know what would fit the occasion!
I KNOW YOU ARE ALL GOING TO WRITE "CIGARETTES" LOLZ STFU :D
Edit: I can't bring her anywhere or do stuff with her because we live hundreds of miles apart. But I do appreciate those suggestions!
Also, does anyone know the rap-ish song that plays in the trailer for American Gangster?? :]]
What did you think about it?
Superbad opens at the regular theatre tonight.
Which should I go see and why?
I've tried the following:
+Live365--good (Whisperings, Mystic Soundscapes) but it tends to repeat a lot.
+I found Pandora yesterday and while I liked it, I'm not sure they carry all the artists I like (I didn't hear any of David Arkenstone when I made a station for him.)
+Rhapsody would be my first choice, I think, but I need to d/l the plugin at work and haven't yet (admin has ok'd it but they have to do it)... How are the streaming radio stations? I think this would be my first choice b/c with a subscription I can make playlists out of zillions of albums and I can play on demand.
I'm sure there are other sites out there... what else is good for new age/classical music? I do have a 30GB ipod and I wish Rhapsody were compatible... it's not. Any others? Itunes doesn't have streaming radio, unfortunately... What do you use?
My eldest brother is a Catholic priest, is NOT a pedophile, and became a priest partly because he believed so strongly in the Catholic teachings, and partly because he wants to help underpriviliged people (he works with immigrants to the US, many of whom don't speak English).
So why do people all think they just molest little kids all the time?!
I'm looking for things that I read to simply pass the time, so they don't have to be *great* (Hence why I'm stepping away from my normal readings), but nothing pure trash please.
A friend of mine wants to name her daughter Ellen Lynn, and this friend's last name is going to be Lindberg. She is set on the idea and considers it very cute and catchy.
What else should I wear? Any ideas? I don't want to spend much money as I am quite poor right now.
What weird things have you eaten for breakfast?
me? last night, at campstock - a huge live music thing we have at the summer camp i work at - and it had be an extremely up and down day for me, so when my head councelor started singing Chasing Cars (by Snow Patrol) and we were all hugging I just started crying becuause all of this emotion (combined with the fact camp ends today) just exploded out in the form of tears.
I have a black wool jumper I call Mr Fuzzy, and I call my favourite pair of jeans Old Bluey.
Why will a house dog eat until he is sick, but a wild dog wont?
If so, tell us a little bit about it.
If not, do you wish it did? Why/ not?
If there is anyone from the area or who's visited before, what are your favorite places to visit? I don't mind touristy stuff :)
2. When was the last time you went to an amusement park? Which one was it?
3. What are your plans for the weekend?
4. Did you know that Six Flags has a dress code? Is that really as weird as I think it is?
5. What's the best part of waking up?
2. If you do, tell me about your current project. (Or rather...would you please? [there, it's a question.])
3. If not, then what's your favorite craft or hobby?
( Collapse )
Do you think the mine owner should go to jail for not keeping the mine upkept properly, or should he just get sued out of his mind?
It sounds horrible, but I really think that they should not go in there again. Now that rescuers are dead, in my opinion, it's not worth losing MORE lives when the mine is that unstable.
I say jail, but maybe I'm just being harsh.
2) Do you like shortbread cookies?
3) Is today crawling by for you?
4) What is your favorite season? Why is it your favorite? Are there special things you do in that season?
After asking a question have you ever wanted to go back and edit your question so all of the comments made people look like fools?
Have you ever done this?
WOULD you ever do this?
do you sleep naked?
if youre a hermaphrodite or transgendered - do/did you like masturbation more as a girl or guy.
in general to everyone - do you think female multiple orgasms or male "edging" seems better.
have you ever wanted to be the opposite sex for the day to test out that theory?
Recently I've been obsessing over the following musicians - can any of you recommend any others based on these recently acquired musical tastes?
Lily Allen (I love the beat of her stuff, and her humor)
Flight of the Conchords (obviously the comedy is what I'm enjoying)
Neko Case (just love the sound and the stories!)
Rufus Wainwright (I love his voice and this idea of "alternative-pop")
*edited for my awesome typos.
This morning I received a message, via myspace, from an acquaintance of mine. The message was entitled "bfsbfs" and read:
zipidy be-bop hi ho hi ho u scare
What in the world does this mean? I don't really know this guy, it's not like we're friends and I appreciate his wacky sense of humor or something.
Serious and non-serious answers welcome.
How have you been stereotyped?
whole tongue in your mouth when you're making out?
My brother received a text message from his same number. It was blank but the date and time on the text message said 12:12 am, September 19th, 2020. Weeeeeeeeirrrddddddd. Text messages from the future!
Ohh, I remembered something else. My mother bought a store in 2004 from a couple that had just gotten divorced. The wife had been cheating on the husband in the city that their other store was while she was there. While going through this divorce, the husband was taking care of the store. When my my bought it from him she cleaned out the store. While she was cleaning/moving things around she would find very large, sharp fishhooks randomly around. She found at least fifteen. They were all udner thigns, in things, hidden, I guess. She has a guy here that is into this kind of stuff. he's from Cuba and he can read tarot and he blesses things. He came to the store and 'cleaned' it. He felt sick when he was leaving. We think either the wife, April, planted them around as 'bad luck' tokens or we don't knwo what!
Is it as tacky to see a white bra through a white tee as it is to see a black bra through a white tee? What do YOU wear under a white tee? I really don't want a granny beige bra, LOL
Is it tacky to wear a black tee with white shoes?
Does it look weird to you to wear a medium-blue shirt with medium-blue jeans? This has always looked weird to me, but everyone looks at me like I have two heads when I say that. Blue shirts and blue jeans can look ok together but they have to very contrasted.
Gray shirt with khakis? Looks weird to me.
Who is your latest flirt subject? Do you like to flirt?
What is your favorite medium for contacting someone, for example to ask a quick question? call, text, email, myspace, etc?
Won't you let me take you to... funky town?
Wish you were?
girl: do you prefer dribblers or blasters?
2. Wasn't Elvis totally awesome when he danced to Viva Las Vegas? I just saw a clip of him on TV!
3. If you do not have a pet for whatever reason, do you want a pet? What kind?
4. What's the most you would ever pay for a bed?
5. What do you usually do during your lunch break (besides eat)?
( Collapse )
What do you like to do to pamper yourself?
Is the HSC (highschool certificate, for when you complete school, includes the UAI, which determines your marks for getting into univeristy) really that important?
I'm going clothes shopping later, to refurbish my wardrobe, since I own a corset, layered skirts, lots of fancy lace, and nothing casual! What should I purchase?
Dogs or cats?
So my question is, what's the best way to give her a bath that she might remotely like, and that doesn't end up in me getting a royal feline bitchsmacking?
Non-serious answers are always welcome, of course.
I found an awesome co signer to help me get a loan. Any suggestions on where i go now? i need a loan for less than 11 percent.
1. I have a new boyfriend. After my breakup with my ex, I began spending a lot of time with a friend I've known since high school. We both realized that we have romantic feelings for each other. Despite that I jumped into a new relationship fairly quickly, I feel so incredibly happy to be with him. How should I celebrate this new relationship?
2. For those who are practicing a religion different than the one you were raised into(atheism & agnosticism don't count)...
Is your family accepting that you practice a religion that is not the same one you were raised into?
3. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
I don't have a relationship with them at all anymore. They were emotionally abusive parents. I've disowned them.
4. What movies you love but most people seem to hate?
5. Do you have any family members who are incredibly irresponsible?
Yes, I have a cousin who is always driving recklessly. He loves speeding and I fear he may one day get killed because of his reckless behavior.
( Collapse )
- Should morbidly obese people be allowed to adopt children?
- Should they be allowed to foster children?
- Besides the obvious, like people who have served prison time, "crazy dangerous people", violent people, alcoholics/drug addicts, and insane people, what kind of people should NOT be allowed to adopt/foster children?
Drums, guitar, bass(kind vaguely similar to guitar), piano, accordion, standard harp
Instruments where this does not work:
Tuba, trombone, wind instruments in general, mouth harps
Where would violins and bass(kind vaguely similar to MASSIVE VIOLIN) and such fall into the list? Possible, but impressive?
Also clearly i've missed instruments(Zither, bassoon, harpsichord, hurdy-gurdy), but what are some common, possibly-seen-in-a-band kindof instruments i may have missed (and their classification, if not bleedingly obvious)?
1. What was your senior prom theme? Did you go? Picture?
2. Were the speeches at your highschool graduation funny, sad, good, bad? Picutres?!
3. What's the most unflattering picture of yourself?!
4. Do you have a picture of your mom?
5. Random picture, yay!
How do you go about actually making this decision?
1b. If not, what would you pay?
2. Do you always lock your front /main door at home? Even when you're home?
3. When you knock on someone's door, do you use a knocker if it is available?
3b. How many times do you knock?
3c. Do you have a knocking pattern?
How bad was your morning sickness, if you had it (or all-day sickness, rather)?
How did you handle it?
Which country or city do you reallyreally want to visit?
How old is your grandmother?
How's your Friday workday shaping up?
Do you think Cancer (specifically Leukemia) survivors should have children?
I am a Leukemia survivor, and did not get it through genetics, but outside agents. I plan on having children, even though I am diabetic, and have Celiac disease as well. I feel as if Diabetes and Celiac disease is easy enough to handle if caught at a young age/prevented.
Do you think this choice is selfish? If so, why?
im trying to print on index cards using the word perfect program and everything looks right and formatted but it doesnt print out on the index cards and when i try to print jsut using regular paper its like cut off and only shows up on the top left hand corner.
does anyone know what i can do to try to fix this?
i would appreciate it thanks.:)
there are other good points to her, of course. I don't want to stop being friends with her.
so my questions are:
1. have you ever been in a similar situation? how did you handle it?
2. in the last friendship you cut off, what did you consider 'the final straw'?
3. should I ride this out like it's a phase, or tell her about it? (I hate confronting her because she refuses to believe she's wrong about anything, and gets VERY defensive and rude when you mention anything to her like 'you did this' or 'I don't like when you do this', etc).
4. think about your best friend/the closest person to you. what is the #1 thing about them that just annoys the shit out of you?
2. One movie you regret buying? why?
3. One album you regret buying? why?
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
i go to a small conservative private girls' school whose principal doesn't allow us to acknowledge valentine's day. we had all organised to give everyone a few chocolates and cut-out hearts after a skit about it, but we weren't allowed. apparently the notion of the whole day is 'sexist'.
and does your school/workplace acknowledge it?
My 18 year old brother was supposed to be staying at a friend's house a few weeks ago. He walked into my parent's house at 5am. He claimed that his friend was arguing with his girlfriend and my brother had enough and came home. My sister and I think it's a lie and he was really out all night. My parents, who were so strict with my sister and I, yet they have no problem believing him. What do you think?
What do you think?
One supervisor in particular was a good friend and I volunteered to work tonight as a special favor to him, if anybody else had asked I probably would have said no.
Only, I've had a severe headache all day. Painkillers aren't helping, and I'm drinking large amounts of water right now to see if that has an affect. It's at the point where focusing my eyes hurts so I'm staring blankly into space.
If you were in this situation would you:
-call out and tell them you're in no shape to work and be kind to customers, go home and hide until the pain goes away.
-Go in and say, "I feel like crap, please try to work me out of the schedule, I'll stay as long as I can but I want to go home..."
-Go in and suck it up, Friday nights are notoriously busy and they're severely short-handed or they wouldn't have asked you to come in.
I know, it's a horribly boring question, feel free to have fun with it.
That stray I posted about yesterday -- let me show you her.
( Collapse )
They were a gift from a family friend and it isn't like I spent money on them or picked them out myself, so I'm not going to get all butthurt if you say they're ugly. The color's more accurate in the first photo than the second. I'm tall (5'10"), if that makes a difference. Personally I'm not sure I can pull them off (what the hell would I wear them with?!) but they're ridiculously comfortable.
Also. Should I take calculus or Russian at college next year? Choices, choices.
a. next year?
b. next month?
Edit: Sorry guys, I didn't word this too well. I will just give the quote I read that made me ask this here and ask if you agree or disagree with it.
( Collapse )
Unsolicited resumes, I might add... We're a freaking liquor store! Besides my boss there are 2 employees! Small!
Edit These resumes haven't been people desiring entry level booze seller positions. The first resume actually had somewhat an objective listed, and they wanted to be a bookkeeper or something. This second resume is kind of sad. It has a whole variety of previous experience listed, down to what looks like their first job as a waitress in 1987. Its two pages of random jobs and time periods. It also looks like they want some sort of management or bookkeeping position.
do you know of any artists that:
sound black (and can be, as long as they have that typical 'black' style)
sing kind of sad/not-happy (like chocokid's serial killer song) songs, but to upbeat music.
preferably quite bass-y
We're stuck with an X-Box we can't use. (And don't really want)
Is it worth going through the trouble of selling it on e-bay?
Is it easy to use?
Would someone buy an X-Box w/ no cables?
How much should the starting price be?
I'm asking because I know NOTHING about video game consoles or their value, popularity, etc.
2. If you aren't an only child, do your parents pick favorites?
3. If so, why do you think it is?
4. Could you tell us a story to make us see why your bro/sis is the favorite (if they are, that is)? (This is where you also tell the story)
5. Are you bitter about it if you aren't the fav?
edit: (sorry I changed it a bit to make it more relatable for everyone)
1. Yes. 2 older brothers.
2. Yes, they pick the middle child, David.
3. Because he's the kid that never gave my mom trouble or a headache.
4. Yes. She takes in my opinions and doesn't believe me, then I tell her David thinks the same way I do or whatnot and she automatically changes her mind. She has the following pictures on her fridge: David, his wife, and his three kids.. OH! Not to mention the dead dog and recently dead cat. She has about 5 family pictures of them.
5. Not about him, but she does treat his kids better than my other brother's kids. That's what pisses me off.
2. Should I make myself a hot dog or a sub sandwich for dinner?
3. Have you ever gone on a walk in a thunderstorm?
4. What's your favorite Jelly Belly jelly bean?
( Collapse )
what are you drinking?
are you drinking to get drunk or just buzzy?
are you wearing socks?
LADIES: is your hair down or up (in a ponytail, bun, etc)? i guess this can apply to guys with long hair.
did you put:
in your hair today?
Do you have a life?
'Cause I don't.
we're mostly talking about cleaning the hell out of the house before they arrive--but it's often more than that, such as cooking elaborate meals, making sure i look perfect, etc.
How does one become a roadie?
I've tried to problem solve this the best I can, and read what other people have said (at like Yahoo! answers) to people with this problem. My twists are:
*I have uploaded this file time before so I know it's accepted.
*I've uploaded bigger files in this file type, so there's no way it's too big of a file. (it's only 3:23 and 4,620 KB).
So, what is wrong with my file and why won't it upload?
Example: Richie Valens in La Bamba always dreamt about plane crashes and ended up being killed in one.
2. Ever had a whooshing noise in your ears?
1b What does it mean?
2 What is your favorite texture?
3a Do you have a library card?
3b How often do you use it?
3c What is the last thing you checked out?
( Collapse )
we've never had a kitty before, is this normal/okay/scared behavior????
husband is knocking on doors right now, i guess we'll put up posters tomorrow? any tips???
we love animals btw, and this is so helping the void (our ferret died last march)...
2) Where did you get the wallpaper?
3) What resolution do you normally use?
4) It's Friday. Are you doing anything fun tonight?
( Collapse )
Does your family have any special/funny ways of saying hello/goodbye?
My family sings "I'm here, I'm here, Jesus Christ I'm here" (I guess there's a hymn that goes like that, but with He's here instead of I'm/we're here) and when we leave we yell "Bunny Rabbit" because that's how I used to say goodbye on the phone when I was little. I'm always amused at my family vocabulary.
How many times a day do you look at yourself in a mirror?
2. Have you ever read "It's called a break-up because it's broken"? Did you like it? My friend really liked it. Her ex was really mean to her. I'm not breaking up with anyone, I'm just curious.
3. Have you ever seen The Great Happiness Space - a documentary about host clubs in Osaka?
If you and your SO went/go to different colleges:
1) Have you ever slept over at your SO's dorm?
2) How did their roommate feel about it?
3) Was there anything you wished you knew before you ended up spending the night?
4) Did you do it?
2. I heard this AWFUL song on the radio. It was a story/song about this guy who has this crazyass fantasy adventure. The only lyrics I remember are something like "spiderwebs the size of mattresses." Any idea what song this was? Google isn't helpful today. Cliff Hanger by Blackalicious. Thanks microgears!
3. What type of question have you seen too much of around here lately?
Curious, impulsive, mischievous, solitary, quiet.
( Collapse )
Ugly or no?
What should I wear it with?
ETA: I added a picture of the whole thing. I hate you all for making me use my timer!
1.) What sort of hair do you like the most? (examples: down and loose, pulled back, redheads, ect, whatever thrills ya)
2.) Would you rather a woman be a little too curvy, or too thin?
For the women:
3.) What is you favorite thing about a man?
(my answer: Their smell, mouth, hands)
2. Do you like beer in general?
a. Are there some beers that you can't drink? I can't drink some because they make me sick. It's kind of like how I can't drink lots of grape juice or I have lots of pain when I pee (TMI?)
3. If there is a beer you don't like, why?
I was just drinking some Corona and thought of these, its the one beer I've found I can drink easily aside from Mickeys. I'll drink Mickys more because its really cheap to just get a 40oz as i don't have a lot of money.
and you guys are made of win
Realistically, I know I'm not going to find a comm entirely free from badfic, but I'm asking if anyone's found a community that seems to have a better good:bad balance then the rest.
EDIT: My bad, sorry. Ignore and whatever.
Conan O'Brien: awesome or overrated?
Who else here is crazy shy? I've always been that way and it makes for some lonely times. I try to get over it and fake confidence but it's really hard.
2. Where is one place everyone should visit before they die? (Have you been there?)
3. What/Who makes you happy?
4. Where is your favorite place?
Problem is, my arms seem to be too short or something. Most of the dress shirts and suit jackets I try on fit me right in every way except for the fact that the arms are too long.
Solutions? Tailor, special store, etc?
are you pissed m night shamalayan is always in his movies? i used to think it was always neat, until i saw this movie.
ALSO, why is it that its hard to breathe when you stick your face out of a car window when its going fast and its windy?
2. I'm in a drawing where I have a one in 500 (even better odds since not all 500 people will show up) chance of winning a 2008 Toyota Scion. Will you wish me luck?
3. After the drawing, some friends and I are going to the sex shop. What should I get?
( Collapse )
Did improve your hair growth/quality?
My hair has gotten really thin in the past year, and I'm trying to amend the problem.
i do one of three things:
-sit up front and yammer on/torture everyone else with my music until someone punches me in the face.
-read a book or magazine and get ill.
-lay down in the back under my angst blanket with my iPod(discman back in the day). the car really relaxes me and gets me thinking all my angsty thoughts 'cause i feel like i'm in a place where i can work them out. sometimes i do, sometimes i don't. that or i sleep.
Sometime thereafter, I moved into an apartment building. Third-floor of a walk-up. And the damn bike was way too heavy to lug up and down the stairs -- or I was too weak to do it, take your pick -- so I locked it up outside and it didn't take long before it was messed with and then finally stolen.
I currently own a bike that I don't ride. It's expensive, so I feel like a jackass for owning it, but I am about to sell it. It's really lightweight, and bringing it in and outside isn't too much of a hassle, but I don't like it 'cause: (1) It's a men's bike, and that bar freaks me out, and (2) the frame is kinda big and even at the lowest seat height my feet can't be firmly planted on God's green earth (which I know is not the "right" way to ride a bike, but it's what I am comfortable with, and I don't foresee changing, 'cause I am old and set in my ways, and living in a major metropolis with many speeding vehicles driven by people unconcerned with delicate just-learning!-style biking).
I like cruisers -- they make me feel 10 again, and in a good way -- but they're heavy and clunky. I tried out an Electra Townie -- it was kinda fun except for the heavy and clunky thing. But they have that "flat-foot technology" dealie -- where your feet are on the ground, but your legs are fully extended. But I think if I left one of those locked up outside it would surely be stolen (although I now have a decent lock, unlike that last time).
So what I want is:
A women's bike, very lightweight.
Not a racing bike.
My feet to touch the ground.
Or do I get a used cruiser and leave it outside?
Oh sweet heaven, can someone point me the way?
2) Is there someone who you think is extremely attractive? If so, who and why? Pix plz?
3) If you could have a kiss from anyone right now, who would you want it to be?
4) What do you think, if anything, of Britney Spears' Allure photoshoot?
5) If you were stuck in a really bad traffic jam and saw the people in a van next to you get out of their the driver and passenger seats and climb into the back of their vehicle, what would you think (if anything)?
6) If someone gave you body lotion and told you to think of them when you used it, what would you think?
7) How old is too old to wear pigtails?
1. Where did this image come from? Have you seen it before?
2. Why is her computer associating it with http://www.livejournal.com/update.bml?
ETA: she got it fixed (obviously, she just posted above me). Still curious about the other questions though!
4. IS HER COMPUTER HAUNTED?
She would have asked these questions herself but she could not update!
If you were an actor, would you rather attain early big-league success in a major blockbuster, get famous and typecasted for that character and never find meaningful work again (like Mark Hamil), or go through your whole life playing bit roles and supporting characters, which will always be steady work, but you'll never become famous (like Rena Sofer)
Favorite Mel Gibson widower character
Coolest celebrity who dabbled with the underaged?
"The American system of public education prepares students for the future"
Why do you feel this way?