Have you ever thought that someone was serious when they said "I'm going to hunt you down" during an internet fight?
Have you ever thought that someone was serious when they said "I'm going to hunt you down" during an internet fight?
2. What are you looking forward to?
3. Do you/have you ever had a Duff? (just in case: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Duff+%28D.U.F.F.%29)
1. Do any of you use Virgin Mobile prepaid services here? How is the network? Do they use sim cards too?
2. Can you simply purchase a T-Mobile Prepaid Plan without having to pay for a phone? I'm assuming I can transfer the T-Mobile sim card to my phone and then refill from there anyway--has anyone had experience with this?
3. Other than my vague plans (and possibly vaguer questions, for which I apologise; it's too early in the morning and I can't seem to word anything correctly), what do you suggest I do, given my situation?
One of your parents has an adopted sibling. They were adopted as an infant/young child. This sibling grows up and has a child. How would you think of this person? Would they be your cousin, or something else?
2.) What is your favorite thing to do when you are alone? Please answer in the form of a haiku.
3.) Have you ever eaten rabbit? Squirrel? Raccoon?
4.) Do you like root beer? What is your favorite brand of root beer, if so?
Mine would be:
Five seconds is my longest, and that was when I was little, before I knew about the whole 'permanently damaging your eyesight' thing.
I bought the PANIC! album lp last week, and its already scratching about thirty seconds into "The Only Difference..."
What if they were only using it to brush their own teeth?
Our cat left a dead bat outside our bedroom door today. I was so proud and grossed out at the same time, notwithstanding wondering where the hell the bat came from and how it got inside. :(
2. What was the last fight you witnessed about (one you were not a part of)?
3. Where did I leave my elbow brace (it's not under the bed, nor mixed up with the dirty laundry)?
4. I'm considering cutting my hair really really really short. You think I should? (This is my hair right now.) Edit: I'm thinking of something like this.
5. What are your thoughts on parenthetical asides (you know, the stuff in here)?
Do you (as that commenter) actually get responses from people who participated in a days old discussion?
2. Have you ever been on a road trip?
3. What's the best way to plan stops on a road trip?
4. How do you get a very spoiled cat from one side of the country to another?
2- What do you think makes you uber original?
3- Do people who exude massive amounts of confidence piss you off?
4- Are you a jealous person?
5- What is your favourite, yet unappreciated, word?
2 what is the nicest thing you have done for a stranger recently?
3 what is the best graffiti you have ever seen/read?
The passed two nights I wrote out really odd away messages before finally going to bed. The first I half remember doing, the second not at all and I never actually put it up. I also don't remember getting changed into my pajamas or actually going to bed. WILD! I know.
( Collapse )
b. Will you share?
c. Have you ever acted on it?
2) a. What is your favorite sexual fantasy?
b. Have you/will you ever act it out?
3) What is your favorite dairy product?
( Collapse )
1. What actress do you picture playing Death?
2. Can you speak more than one language fluently?
3. Did/are you go/ing anywhere this summer?
4. Who's your favorite historical figure?
( Collapse )
WASHINGTON — When Gareth Groves brought home his massive new Hummer, he knew his environmentally friendly neighbors disapproved. But he didn't expect what happened next. The sport utility vehicle was parked for five days on the street before two masked men smashed the windows, slashed the tires and scratched into the body: "FOR THE ENVIRON."
"The thought of somebody vandalizing it never crossed my mind," said Gareth Groves, who lives near American University in Northwest Washington. "I've kind of been in shock."
Police said they see small acts of vandalism in the area from time to time, but they have not seen anything so severe, or with such a clear political message, in recent years.
"This seems to be an isolated event," Cmdr. Andy Solberg said.
Investigators said they are searching for the vandals but don't have many leads. Witnesses said they saw two men smash up the seven-foot-tall SUV early Monday and then run off.
Now, as Groves contemplates what to do with the remains of his $38,000 Hummer, he has had to deal with a number of people who have driven by the crime scene and glared at him in smug satisfaction.
"I'd say one in five people who come by have that 'you-got-what-you-deserve' look," said his friend Andy Sexton.
Neighbor Lucille Liem, who owns a Prius hybrid, said that a common sentiment in the neighborhood is that large vehicles such as the Hummer are impractical and a strain on the Earth.
"The neighborhood in general is very concerned with the environment," said Liem, whose Prius gets about 48 miles a gallon compared with the Hummer's 14 miles a gallon. "It's more liberal leaning. It's ridiculous to be driving a Hummer."
Liem quickly added that she does not condone violence
This happened a little more than week ago, but I think it brings up a good question:
1. Do you condone this type of violence on a perceived environmental symbol?
2. Do you think that "liberals" are more willing to commit politically motivated acts of vandalism than "conservatives"/"moderates"?
3. Does the writer of this post overemphasize the hummer, by using the words "massive" and saying how tall it is? Is that really necessary?
2. Are you in it?
3. Is it as awesome and drama-ridden as umass_amherst? Because that place had posts of epic proportions and drama. I learnt how to troll through that community *tear*
Now we have our very own snark community: umass_snark. Also the owner of the former community hasn't been a student in years and he's really sketchy.
EDIT: It makes me sad if your communities suck. Please come join this one to get in on the copious amounts of snark.
When you go to post a question to TQC, do you worry that someone posted a similar question not that long ago and you're going to get snarked at by the meanies on the internets?
2.a. Can you sing all of "we didn't start the fire"?
2.b. Do you even know the song?
2.c. How old are you?
To be with someone who completely adores you, whom you like, but don’t necessarily love...
To be with someone whom you love, but doesn’t adore you?
I KNOW IT IS BAD FOR ME - however I haven't laid out once this summer (really have only been in the sun to walk to my car or when I run outside, because I work so much) and I want to go back to school with some color...I've only been to a tanning bed 2 or 3 times in my life, its not a regular thing for me.
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a cream I could buy at a drugstore that would help the tan deposit more? I know they sell stuff at the tanning salons, but I don't know if I'm willing to shell out that much money if I'm only going to be going tanning once or twice.
thanks so much!
( Collapse )
We've tried command-shift-f3, and command-control-shift-f3. No worky.
There is no print scrn button, obviously.
yay or nay?
if i called you would you do most of the talking or would i?
do you associate me w/ Eva *points to icon*?
do you know someone named Mimi?
I've tried all different combinations of the phone number, I've tried looking it up in the Yellow Pages, Googling it, looking through the received calls list on my mobile phone (the number showed up as private) and looking for the phone number for reception at the company I'm going to, but with no luck.
TQC, can you think of another option for me to try before I go in at five and apologise profusely while explaining the situation?
Never mind! I found it!
2. Do you know of a certain kind of beer that people who normally don't like beer seem to enjoy? If so, please let me know which brand it is.
3. What is the most ridiculously tacky thing you've purchased recently? Extra points if it was thrifted.
Thanks to my job, I associate first names with certain colors.
If you've traveled to Italy, what was your favorite experience (museum, sight, etc)?
Who did you travel with and how did you travel?
What cities did you travel to?
Any interesting stories?
has anyone ever tried to break you apart for any reason?
did anything change between you?
are you still friends?
( Collapse )
1. What are some of the best indie rock online 'zines right now? I'm feeling the need to get deeper into the indie music scene, so tell me, where's the best place to go online for info on new bands, indie bands, bands who used to be indie and who are now mainstream but are still awesome? Blogs, zines, sites, whatever.
2. My mother is taking me to NYC this weekend. Where are some good places we should check out on Friday/Saturday? Preferably somewhat non-touristy things. We've done the Statue of Liberty and all the other pre-9/11 tourist traps, so where else is fun?
3. Where's a good place to get good quality business cards for not a huge fortune? I already have some mooCards, but I'm looking for fullsize business cards now.
Where can I find it?
I already asked my best friend, but she said no. :(
Will you do my work for me? Pleaseeeeeee???
Barring that, what's your least favorite job to do at work?
old caddie full of african american women and children, all of them eating KFC and orange soda, and one of the little kids had a piece of watermelon. I WANTED TO LAUGH SO MUCH D:
Doesn't it suck?
If abortion were to become illegal, what should the woman's punishment be?
2. Two people live together. One is naturally hot most of the time and the other is cold. Who should make the sacrifice and freeze/bake? And none of this 'happy medium' bullshit. Everyone knows that doesn't really exist.
3. My dog is a very good dog except when we go walking and she see another dog. She LOSES HER SHIT and tries to run up to them (and not in a friendly way), forcing me to do the shitass Cesar Milan technique of pretty much laying down on her coz nothing else will stop her. I don't know anyone else with dogs that I could work with to teach her to not act a fool. Suggestions?
Should false accusers be kept on a list similar to the sex offenders list?
Would you like a cookie?
EDIT: grocery entails the following - courtesy clerk, cashier, stocking product, basically anything on the floor except management and receiving. also, the job would preferably be higher paying and/or slower
Have you ever seen an adult and thought, "I bet that was the kid who picked his/her nose in elementary school?"
What process did you use? (Dentist, whitestrips, etc.)
How much did it cost?
What do you think is the best process?
Are you satisfied?
SHOULD TQC INSTITUTE A RULE DECLARING EVERY TUESDAY TO BE CAPSLOCK TUESDAY?
EDIT: IF YOUR BOSS SENT YOU AN EMAIL THAT SAID, "THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK," HOW WOULD YOU RESPOND? "YOU'RE WELCOME" DOESN'T SEEM LIKE THE CORRECT THING TO SAY HERE.
We've both flown plenty of times and this would probably be the easiest. Neither of us have traveled by train and I think it would be neat. He and his parents always drive down for Christmas and I went with them this past year.
How would you like to travel?
But we need a good place to have it. I live in Las Vegas, and the only thing we have come up with is maybe a school… but I need some other ideas.
also, did anyone else notice that the description of a mokeskin in DH doesn't really match the one in Fantastic Beasts?
Would you be angry if your friend refused to do special/free requests for you at their work? This is assuming that those requests are not allowed. If they refused to "hook you up" would you think they're lame?
Do you like them?
How much did they cost?
1 million dollars
My smile currently sucks rocks
Does it depend on who it is?
I usually wait until someone IM's me, but if it's my close close friends, I'll message them first (that is, if they haven't im'd me already).
Anyone know if it's free to go to the top of the prudential tower?
So... is it worth it? I know people have experiences with getting refurbished stuff from apple, but I've never paid attention to it. I'm a loser.
On another front, those of you who have cable modems -- how often have you had to replace it? Mine's been flaking out and it's 5 years old. The cable guy said it's unusual for them to last more than 1-2 years. Should I go ahead and replace it?
so in october i am going to visit my bb in juarez, mexico. i'm flying into el paso though. if you are familiar with el paso, can you tell me the best/easiest/unsketchy way to get to the bridge? i've heard to take a taxi. someone else recomended a trolley thing?
any general tips?
There is a job I want, but there is a somewhat extensive application process, including written and oral exams. It's a city position with fairly decent pay and benefits, and I can't imagine I'm the only person who's really motivated to get it. To top it off, I'm only 18 and have no prior job experience. (The position is available at a place I have been actively and consistently volunteering at for over two years, and I am very friendly with all of the staff as well as the director, which is where I'm hoping I can get a foot in the door). How can I stay realistic so when and if I don't get the job, I'm not too bummed?
2. Also, I have no prior job experience, and the application has areas where you can fill that out... should I place my volunteer experience in the 'job experience' boxes? Or what?
3. The requirements are that I need to be able to obtain a license within 30 days of hire - this is definitely possible though I do not have one at this moment, just a permit. Is there anyway I should indicate this on the application where it asks if I do have a valid license?
If you care, Here is the application.
-Designer: Herve Legre
-The first name: Georges
-The last name: Boddy (like the word body or like bow-dee)
-The brand: Zildjian
I'm such a scatterbrained mess and I'd love to learn how to be organized and manage my time better.
How do you together and organized people do it?
Is there someone who affects you in this way?
Will you share?
Should I let go of my niceness just this one and tell this person I hate them?
Can you guess who I hate?
I announce to you, oh wise TQC, who brings about my ire so!
wussycat! I fucking hate you! I hate your misogynistic views and your narrowmindedness. You are a waste of internet space! But you sure know how to (unintentionally) bring out the lulz!
/this post brought to you by my ever enduring love of procrastination
1. I am supposed to bring a pack of diapers to a baby shower I am going to. Not to sound like an idiot, but glancing down the diaper aisle at the grocery store, I became unsure of what particular brand/type/style to get. What is a safe bet for diapers for a newborn boy?
2. What is your least favorite city you have ever been to? Why?
3. What is your favorite hotel in Las Vegas?
It's black and yellow, and its shape is similar to that of a cricket, but it has a one-centimetre stinger and wings like a fly's, only bigger.
What is it?
I usually go on here or various websites and play solitare, but both are getting pretty old. Does anyone have any weird little games they made up (like in The Office)?
Are y'all total wimps or what?
When you're going out of town for more than a couple days, what precautions should you take before you leave? I figure I'll remove perishable food, take out the trash, lock everything up and unplug electronics but don't want to forget something.
I'm going to be gone for 10 days and want to make sure my apartment doesn't fall apart or burn down while I'm away. I also don't want to open my suitcase and discover all of my perfume/cosmetics have been tossed.
So I know that resumes aren't supposed to be more than 2 pages long. Currently mine is exactly 2 pages, and shit's crammed in there as it is. However, I FUCKING HATE my job and want to try to get a new one. Therefore I need to add my current job to my resume.
Which of these should I do:
a)Make the font smaller
b)Remove irrelevant jobs
c)Stop giving a shit how many pages my resume is
d)Some other thing I didn't list here
e)All of the above
Also the 2 pages includes my references. Should those be on a separate page anyway or should it be tacked on the end like I currently have it? Does this change the 2-page "rule"? Crap, I have confused myself! D:
EDIT: Thanks for the help so far :) Also, since many of you were wondering... I've had a lot of jobs because of moving and also because of temporary assignments. No advanced degree here.
Futbola edo foot-balla XX. mendearen hasieran iritsi zen Gipuzkoara. Ingalaterratik etorri zen, herrialde hartan ikasten edo lanean ari ziren gazteen eskutik. Donostian jokatu zen lehenengo futbol partidaren aipamena 1902koa da. Hala ere, garai horretarako Gipuzkoako beste herri batzuetara ere iritsia zen futbola, esate baterako, Iruna. Dena dela, Donostiako lehenengo kluba San Sebastian Recreation Club izan zen (1903), edo hala egiaztatu da, behintzat. Baina hura ez zen hirian zegoen klub bakarra, beste batzuk ere baziren Vasconia, Esperanza, Fortuna Old Boys…
Do you know what language this is? (I do, I'm just wondering...)
For all of you who have seen The Simpsons Movie:
Would you have had to seen a lot of The Simpsons episodes to understand most of the jokes from the movie?
- cream of coconut
- pink lemonade
- lemon juice
- hot chocolate
- mint leaves
- all sorts of tea(nearly any imaginable really)
- frozen and fresh berries and fresh fruit
What should i eat for dinner?:
cashew chicken stir fry
assorted shrimp stir fries
stuff for burgers, or tacos or pasta
What makes today awesome for you?
my answers in the comments.
ETA: Where do you live?
Honestly, what is the appeal of Chuck Norris, and why is he so violent?
I live in Kansas and spell it grey.
What's your favorite commercial ?
i'm talking about extremely special cloes bestfriend relationships here... not just your general mates of the opposite sex.
So, agree, disagree?
WAIT. Half the people on the INTERNETS! are overweight.
What's your favorite number?
It IS your own damn fault you are a fattie.
Did they respond?
Tomorrow it's going to be 93 degrees, but it's also the Farmer's Market. Should I suck it up and walk to it during my lunch hour or bring my lunch and stay inside?
Do you watch Big Brother? Which version?
( Collapse )
How was the phone interview, final interview, summer institute, etc., for you?
Overall, did you enjoy/are you enjoying the experience?
Browsing the internet, it's very common to see people being made fun of for their clothes, hair, face, glasses, etc. No one really seems to object to that very much.
Why is it that the second someone is teased for their weight, half the internet rushes to that person's defense? Out of all the things people are being made for over, why does weight grab that much of response? Of course, race grabs a very large outrage when someone ridiculed because of that, but weight seems very random. I mean, if someone was being picked on for their style or taste in music, no one would give it a second look.
What is it about the issue of weight that causes such an outrage amongst internet users?
note: I'm asking this question because I've seen some related issues in this community. It seems to get a very violent response, prompting threats against people who insist that weight does matter (although the overwhelming majority of the time, these people ARE assholes about it).
I mean, they aren't that bad; I just feel a woosh of liquid going in and it's tender for a couple hours. Hardly a tragedy considering what it'll do in the long run.
Also, have you ever day dreamed about getting shot? The gun kind, not the syringe kind.
Am I missing anything?
What do you always seem to forget when going on vacation?
What should I be sure to pack that I'm probably not thinking about?
Will you miss meee? :-D
Do you like proving the herd mentality?
imagine your most serious relationship ever (and if you've never had one, try to imagine what it'd be like I guess).. you're with this person forever.. you break up.. you float around in the "in between" stage of not being JUST a friend, but being nothing more than that. you try and try to convince them to be with you but they won't/say that they "can't". after years of doing the floaty dance, you cut off all ties with them. yet you can't seem to ever shake the thought that this is the person you were meant to marry. you just KNOW in your heart that you HAVE to marry this person. it just seems right.
so my question is this:
do you accept the reality & move on? or do you stay determined and never let go of that one bit of hope? do you give it time, or call them in the middle of the night crying and telling them that you won't give up?
I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this.. and I apologize for the extreme sappyness of it. just curious...
How much would you pay for that?
Edit: I'm using the Lion Brand yarn, which is really soft. It costs me about $12-$15 to make. I can make it in about 1-2 months.
What is this dogs breed? Or mix, rather? I had a dog like that, and I want one that looks like her. I had a chance to get one tonight, and I couldn't.
My boss sold it to a customer that always returns games and says they don't work so he can get free rentals. We all know he does it because the game either sucks or is too difficult for him.
A few days ago the boss sold him Thief and he brought it back saying it froze up. The boss knows the husband and I play a lot of video games, so she asked us to test it out and make sure it is working order before she gives this kid a refund.
He said that it freezes up a few missions in right when he comes out of the prison. That doesn't tell me a whole hell of a lot. I asked him time-wise how long it took him to get there and he couldn't tell me.
The husband has been playing it for about an hour and we haven't come across any problems yet.
For those of you who have played it, how long did it take you to come across the prison? He hates the controls and it is taking him forever to get to anything.
I just want to know how long this is going to take so I can have my tv back.
Edit: Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the help! :)
nevermind. doh. :[
I have an indoor/outdoor cat named Smokey. He's 6 years old. Lately, at about the same time every night, he jumps through the window with something random in his mouth (gum wrapper, stick, etc.), drops it at my feet, and meows like crazy until I pet him. WTF? Anyone know why he would be doing this? It's like, "Oh, hai! I brought you a present!"
If you don't go to the gym, what's your exercise routine?
2.silent and sedated
4. and also what is your favorite drinking game?
I am silent and sedated and usually fall asleep
My favourite drinking game is 4 kings :)
2. If you could change the color of the sky, would you? And what color would you change it to?
3. How do you know if you're packing way to much for college?
G P A I S P O
2. What video game are you obsessed with right now?
Guitar Hero II. My hands hurt.
2.) Boogers: what do we do with them?
3.) Have you ever experienced something which might commonly be labeled strange/amazing in a paranormal sense? If so, how old were you at the time? Please elaborate if you are comfortable with it.
4.) Have you ever accidentally gotten a bodily excretion in your mouth that you did not want in there? What was it? How did it happen?
5.) When you see the word "insect", what other words/ideas come to mind?
2. who is the most important person in your life, and why? how would you react if you lost that person?
3. have you seen that show "rock of love"? how does it make you feel about the human race?
4. I HAD about 3 bottles of shampoo, 3 bottles of conditioner, and 2 bottles of body wash in my shower. (I like to mix it up sometimes). My husband found this to be excessive and mixed all the shampoos together, the conditioners together, and even the body washes. Would you be upset if your SO did this?
Details: There will be a >3000 mile difference starting in a few weeks because we are going to different colleges. We have dated and seen each other nearly everyday for the past two years. I am going to a women's college, but it's not like I will be cloistered.
HELP ME, TQC.
EDIT: Tell me your story?
What brand do you like?
What cut/style do you generally purchase?
Anyway. I'm currently taking 100mg/day of Lamictal for depression/BPD (cannot go any higher without side effects), and 1mg Ativan when I'm having an anxiety attack. However, I also have a lot of anxiety because of various phobias and sometimes, although the depression has been addressed, I still find it hard to do everything without getting really anxious and overwhelmed. And since I'm trying to start a career soon, this is really getting in the way. I've had Effexor recommended to me, but I've heard horrible things about the side effects/withdrawal. But then again... if it worked, I don't see why I'd stop taking it and therefore withdrawal hopefully wouldn't be an issue.
So I guess the question is, have any of you taken Effexor before? I've also been on Lexapro, Cymbalta and Wellbutrin... Wellbutrin made me go nuts, but I haven't tried the Lexapro or Cymbalta with the Lamictal. What to do. :/
1. Have you seen this movie? Did it make you feel sad?
I live in San Francisco so it was especially disturbing.
2. What movie has made you the most sad?
Right now . . . this one?
3. Just to cheer us all up, what movie makes you happy?
To Wong Foo: Thanks for Everything. Love, Julie Newmar
edit: omg, someone hooked me up! this program will remove the encryption from your file, so you can then use something like media-convert.com to convert it to mp3! yay!
Do you have people in your life that you know, somewhere within you, that you'll have to meet again somewhere in life, because your relationship was left unresolved or because circumstances weren't right or anything like that?
And do you truly believe that you'll meet them again?