so I'm going for a consultation at a specialist for my teeth tomorrow probably for braces but i might need surgery as well. when I asked the lady on the phone if I had to pay anything she said no cause its only a consultation... so.. what exactly will they do? just talk to me about my options or are they gonna look at my teeth at all?
have you ever needed surgery for your teeth/jaw or braces? what was it like
Open to: All, detailed results viewable to: All. Participants: 81
You're riding in one of those outside glass elevators. There's one other person with you, of the gender you're attracted to, and an attractive specimen at that. Suddenly, the sky is lit by what looks like a burst of approaching light. "It's a nuclear missle! We're all going to die!", the other person says. You panic, and maybe cry. "In these last few minutes of life, wanna go out with some frantic, end-of-the-word sexin?". Your answer is ____
Yes. Let's go out with a bang as we go out with a bang
No. Impending self destruction or not, I still don't know you
I'll just lie here and go fetal. The other person can hump my unresponsive body all they want before it's all over
I'll veto all of the previous selections except for the first one. You've all engaged in passionate 'we're-going-to-die' lovemaking, lubricated with your own frustrated tears. The nuclear missle that was approaching nears your building and bursts into a brilliant array of fireworks. Guess your life wasn't in danger after all. What do you say to your elevator stranger-with-benefit?
2. Do you tend to gravitate toward a certain genre of books, or are you someone who reads everything?
2a. If you only read specific genres, what are they?
3. Care to recommend me a book?
1. En El Tiempo De Las Mariposas. Oh my God, so good.
2. I especially like history and biographies, and for the most part can't stand science-fiction/fantasy, though I did read Harry Potter. Right now though, I'm super into books pertaining to Latin American revolutions. I think I've read every biography of Che Guevara out there.
1. Do you ever watch The Today Show? Who is the better Today anchor--Katie Couric or Meredith Vieira? [It's become my insomnia tradition. Katie made being insane from not sleeping more enjoyable. Meredith seems awkward a lot of the time.]
2. Ever since I was a kid, I hold my breath for about 15 seconds after people cough or sneeze (to avoid inhaling whatever they're spewing around). Exercise in futility, y/n?
3. Have you ever written a letter to your congressman? Exercise in futility, y/n?
morning everyone. i ahve to go to the dentist today for a "consultation" its a orthodontist i think? dunno never been to one, anyways I was told during consultations they dont do anything to your teeth yet, like take x-rays and what not, that they only talk to you about what will happend if i get braces and look at my payment options and stuff
i'm just wondering if this is true? cause I always brush me teeth and not eat before the dentist but I am starving and i'm gonna get something to eat before going and wont ahve time to brush my teeth again in between... do you think they will care if they do look at my teeth?
ANSWERED BY MYSELF! lol I called the place now cause its open and they told me they were only taking pictures and talking about payment options and what will happend
Have you ever done something to face your fear? Like bungee jump when you're afraid of heights. I'm getting scuba certified and I'm starting to realize that I have issues with this and I'm looking for some reinforcement.
Hola! For all of us with eye problems out there. Have you every experienced a "Floater" ( A dark speck in your eyes that you generally see when you look at a plain background? ) if you went to your eye doctor for it, what did he do? Anything? Should I go see my specialist that I saw for 15 years ( and do a two hour drive to see him, if I can get in soon ), or some other doctor I've never seen before?
Also, what is the longest you would expect to wait at the doctors office before leaving? ( if it was a non medical emergency )
1. Never had this sort of thing before, definately going to the doctors office to have it checked out. 2. I waited for an hour, then rescheduled an appointment and left. No one was getting in in the last half hour that I was waiting, and it was for the entire specialist floor. Not just my doctor.
I don't remember artist or song name. All I know is the video. The artist is something like Muse. In the video there is a war scene going on, but all the way in the start, a little boy goes to deliver a message and then gets shot. Does anyone know the name of this song?
So my husband came in this morning from getting coffee and told me about this story he heard on the radio. Being animal lovers and Pit Bull parents ourselves, we were of course horrified about this story and started talking about what we thought would be the appropriate punishment for serious abject animal cruelty like this. What are your thoughts? If you had the power, what would your sentence be for Mr. Vick?
(Also if anyone's interested in signing the petition, it can be found here.)
What bands would you say were a part of the grunge genre? Nirvana? Alice in Chains? Spice Girls?
My co-worker is under the impression that all things not pop/rap/hip-hop/country from the 90s are considered grunge. I need to set the boy straight. (I'm kidding about the Spice Girls, just so you know.)
Okay, so this weekend I'm going to get a chance to see my favorite voice actor EVER, in person. I'll likely get his autograph at least once, but he's doing two signings and I want to try to go to both.
My husband's good friend, who is also my friend (I knew him before I knew my husband actually, he's one of the reasons we met) is also a huge fan of this actor. Said actor was the voice of his favorite character in his favorite show.
I'm not guaranteed two autographs.
Should I: -Be selfish! Even if you get both autographs, make them both for yourself! You're the one going all the way there and waiting in line for hours. Plus, you love half his characters and can't pick a favorite thing for him to sign anyway.
-Be the good friend and great person! Get your stuff signed first, but wait in the second line to get something signed for your friend, then surprise him with it when he least expects it.
One more question: going to a celebrity signing, is it in poor taste to print up a picture on your computer/photo printer for them to sign? Since this guy voices anime characters, I don't have any way to get an 8x10 glossy except to print it myself. And if I wanted to get something for my friend, I would need to print it myself. It wouldn't be the actor's picture though, it would be his character.
What's one of the strangest/funniest/most random/most obnoxious/stupidest conversation snippets you've overheard in public?
A few months ago, these girls were boozing it up in the bar (at our local Houston TGI Fridays) and they were discussing the love lives of several of their friends. The following exchange floated over the din...
Girl 1: Oh may gawdd!!! I cain't belieeeeve that!! Girl 2: I know, right?? G1: I cain't believe JD would do that to her!! G2: No no no! It wasn't JD! It was DJ!! G1: DJ???? Oh may gawdd!!!
I never had a Myspace and feel like I'm missing out on the fad.
I work at a shoe store and we got a shipment of Uggs last night (supposidly 17 huge cardboard boxes). Should I buy like, 10 pairs and sell them on Ebay during Christmas season? My manager mentioned doing this, and says he could get triple the price if you time it right.
1. When was the last time you got hurt while doing something seemingly harmless?
I was just filing some charts, and a few of them fell and slashed my hand. They managed to go through all of the skin there, and now I have a slanted gash below my thumb. I didn't bleed on any of the files though ;)
1. What was on the best hotdogs you ever had? 2. How is the weather where you are? Is it going crazy, as in like... the weather is not what it is supposed to be this time of year? 3. What do you do at your job? 4. Have you ever had a cooking accident? Tell me about it.
Has anyone ever created an LJBook? How did it turn out? Is there any way to not have the table of contents included? Once you've download the pdf. file, how do you edit in it? It won't let me edit or delete anything. :(
For the women in the group...(and the men if you think it appropriate)
If you are one of those people who can't stand sitting on a public toilet seat, I ask why?
Is it because of people like you who get urine on the toilet seat and don't wipe it up? (since it's generally pretty hard to get urine on the seat when you're actually sitting on it)
And, what are you afraid of exactly? Is it the germs on the backs of people's legs? (Are you afraid that most people have some kind of strange "back of the thigh" germs that you may contract?)
And have you ever stopped to think that the germs acquired from using toilet paper are on your hands as well and hence living on your pants since you buttoned up before washing them?
So again I ask, if you are one of those people who can't stand sitting on a public toilet seat, why?
I'm just curious because I think the whole "hover" idea is stupid. If the seat is dry, I am sure it's fine. I have yet to see the headline about the woman (or man) who died from the germs she acquired from sitting on a public toilet seat, which is probably cleaned more often than your toilet seat at home. But maybe I missed that headline?
As an aside, if you walk into a stall and the seat is clean but the toilet is not flushed, would you change stalls or just flush it and do your business?
I have flushed and done my business, but I have also walked away. In both instances I just shook my head kind of like I do when people don't return their carts to the cart holder in the grocery store parking lot. But that's a whole other question...
im too lazy to look into this. im hoping one of you smarties knows the answer.
i got married in vegas. live in minnesota. lost my marriage certificate. (i have no idea where it is, i brought it w/ me to canada and now its gone) how do i go about getting a new one? i changed my name in MN, can i get a copy here or do i need to call vegas?
im asking b/c i have safety bonds i have to cash in, and they are in my maiden name (no, i havent changed my name at the bank either. i know, im lazy) do i need my marriage certificate for that? they didnt the last time i cashed them in, but i dont think ill be that lucky this time around.
There's a song that has the line, "hos take off yo' clothes, hos get naked" and I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT IT'S CALLED. I want to hear it so bad. If you recognize it do you know know who sings it or where I could find it?
If you're in a cubicle farm, what are your neighbors like? I'm in a square of them, and the guy to the west of me is very very gay and likes the Simpsons a LOT. The woman to the north is an oldschool hippy, with save the whales posters up and everything. She eats leftover organic beans for lunch out of mason jars. It's lol. Diagonal from me is some weird old lady who yells at me if the lights aren't off when she gets here in the morning (I'm not the last to leave in the afternoon!).
I read the newspaper this morning and rolled my eyes. Have Harry Potter omg-don't-spoil-it-people-are-jerks fans really lost that much perspective of what the important issues are in the world?
(I ask this because I'm fairly certain they would cry if some one told them the ending (which is rude, but not heartbreaking), but can't be bothered to care much about [insert your pet heartbreaking human rights atrocity issue/international issue right here].)
EDIT: Before this gets me too far up the creek without a paddle (which it already has), I'm not saying that caring about world events and Harry Potter are mutually exclusive. They aren't. I do find a lot to shake my head at and laugh at, though.
1. What do you think is the most obscure, yet fatally romantic love song - one that not many people know about, but everybody should hear? [links, pls]
2. In what movies/TV shows can we see your hometown? [here's the IMDb link if you don't know any]
3. Any folks who live in/have visited NYC - do you know how long the average rush/student rush ticket line is? (the ones that offer extremely discounted tickets when the box office opens in the morning) I'm planning on trying my luck for student rush tickets to see Spring Awakening and/or Jersey Boys. Any estimate of how long before the box office opens, that I should be in line?
1. Sex or candy? 2. Barbara Streisand or Bette Midler 3. If the election was today, who'd you vote for (they can be officially running or not)? 4. Atlanta Braves or Boston Red Sox 5. East Coast or West Coast? 4. Irish Spring or Coast? 5. Apples or Oranges? 6. Dell or Gateway? 7. Yawn or burp, which do you do more? 8. Are you going to go see the new Indiana Jones movie next year? 9. The color purple, whats up with that? 10. When did you cut your hair last by yourself?
Have you ever recognized someone you knew in a porno?
edit; To answer peoples' question, I've seen a few people in pornos that look like people I know or used to know, but I have no way of knowing if it's actually them (I DL all my porn, so it's not like I can look at the credits and google their porn name or anything).
If so, what does it feel like? Is it an intensified orgasm? can you control it? (my friend sent me a link which ended up being a porn, or a girl squirting. and well she looked like she was in pain after)
It's been ten years and I've never really been sure -- in Titanic, what does Brock (Bill Paxton) think happened to the diamond? We know Rose had it all those years, of course, but she didn't tell him that...he says "Three years I’ve thought of nothing except Titanic, but I never got it. I never let it in." Meaning...?
Open to: All, detailed results viewable to: All. Participants: 58
You open the door and there are space aliens! Big green ones! They're willing to give you a cure for cancer and the recipe for cold fusion, and in return, all they want is to perform an anal probe on you, in the privacy of your bedroom. However, their probing equipment is located on their body, somewhere around their hips. Do you take one for the team to improve the human race?
I shoot them in the face, and hope they're carrying the goodies on them
For those of you that said yes, you'd give up the anus for the good of your species, you're in mid-probe, and for some reason, the probe involves a lot of thrusting. When the probe is completed, they say the cure and the recipe will be mailed to you in 2-3 weeks. As they're leaving, you notice a zipper on the back of their necks. They walk over, not to a spaceship, but to a parked rambler on the curb. What do you do?
How is it like having big/decent sized boobs? I'm tired of having tiny girls. Are having big boobs as awesome as I think it'd be? *edit* do you think it's possible for a guy to not prefer big boobs? i've heard of it, but I don't believe it.
I had a date this evening and I thought I would be fine despite not having slept much in the last two days. During our date, I was so frustrated and tired that I began crying uncontrollably. It wouldn't have been so bad had we been alone instead of being in a public restaurant. Everyone near us was staring at us. Needless to say my date was embarrassed and not too fond of me. Can't say I blame her though.
What's the most ridiculous experience you've ever had with an apartment or landlord?
I thought my roommates and I had pretty much had it all with our apartment, but today takes the cake. We found out that we have been paying someone else's electric bill. For two years. Yeah. If we had been underpaying I would not be as irritated, but we frequently pay well over $200 for a 1300 square foot apartment that we usually keep very warm. I am beyond pissed at the moment.
1. Why do my cats jump and run out of the litter box as if they've committed a crime by using it?
2. Does anyone have DVR? I missed the intro information on the couple before last on So You Think You Can Dance and I really want to know the artist of the song they danced to. I don't watch the show all that often, so I'm not sure, but I think the dancers were Pasha & Lauren? They danced in black and white outfits with glasses on, style was contemporary.
3. How often does it happen to you that you go scouring the net for the song you saw in a TV show or commercial? It happens to me all the time and I feel lucky when I find it.
How do you stick it to "the man?" What was the last place that you went to, even though you were forbidden from going there? (note: a "no tresspassing" sign or something similar counts for the purpose of this discussion.)
Say you grew up with seriously emotionally challenged parents and, at some point in your child, decided that you wanted nothing to do with one of them in particular. After several years of not talking, said parent (who happens to be slowly dying halfway around the world of his/her THIRD round of lung cancer) fires you an e-mail more or less telling you that you're an immature brat and claims that your (new) marriage is a sham.
Remember, you've not spoken with this parent for years and they've never met your spouse.
Then, they tell you that you need counseling.
What then hell do you do with that?
(Incidentally, I sent back an appropriately livid response. My sister, who is close with this parent, told me to speak with their spouse, with whom I've never spoken. WASTE OF TIME, Y/N?)
1. What sorts of topics could I read up on that would allow me to converse more easily with and endear myself to a group of vaguely-nerdy guys in their early and mid twenties? All I have on the list now is comics. (edit: I'm already somewhat knowledgeable about Star Wars trivia.)
3. What's your favorite nonfiction book? I really like Acid Dreams by Martin Lee, and I also really love the book On Being Authentic by Charles Guignon, but mostly because I just finished reading it.
4. What is the last new word you learned? (also, if you provide a definition, that would be awesome.) Ignostic: one who expresses ignorance of any knowledge of a god or gods due to finding theism incoherent.
I bought a dress from Delias via internet over a year ago but it was too big and had a rip. I meant to return it but forgot about it and it kind of got lost in my mess of a room. I emailed them but almost a week later still have no response. Anyone know if they would take it back for store credit after all this time?