Neither isn't an option ;)
Neither isn't an option ;)
2. How active are you in local online communities like meetup.com, meetin.org, craigslist.com and stuff like that...
3. Would you ever or are you a member of Hospitality Club or Couch Travelers?
4. Do you have DVR? Do you love it?
5. What about a sling box? I have one. It's great. Means I get to have cable from the USA here in Brazil for free :D <3
6. Biggest age gap in a relationship of yours?
2. how was your day?
1) What could be wrong with my iBook?
2) Should I just leave it on 24/7 in case this happens again and it won't start up at all?
Examples being Thora Birch, Christina Ricci, Sara Rue...
*By "larger", I mean by Hollywood standards considering none of them were very large at all
If you could switch lives with someone you know personally for a day, who would it be and why?
What celebrity would you NOT want to look like?
My boyfriend got to his house about an hour ago.
I knew he was going to hang out with one of his friends-a girl.
When he got home, he told me that he was drunk and had no idea what happened.
-- He spent a few hours at her house. He's gets drunk really easily. She had another friend over. He remembered watching a movie and playing videogames, but that's it.--
What would you do in this situation?
How would you feel?
(We already had a big long talk about it--but I just wanted to know your opinion.)
( Collapse )
Edit: 2. What song(s) make you happy?
For me, it's "Rains in Asia" by Jump Little Children, "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield and "Walk On" By U2
Do you prefer the internet to RL? If so, why?
I do, because in rl, people are assholes, and you can't hit the block button to get rid of them.
1. Help fan the flames
2. Try to get the person to calm down
3. Sit back, watch it unfold, and mutter "lol butthurt" to yourself
What about "Hills Like White Elephants" by Ernest Hemingway?
I am currently working on a summer assignment for an AP English class and I found those two stories to be incredible. I was just wondering what others thought.
If you haven't read those, What would be something you have read, art you have seen or places you have been that have just... changed your life? Maybe even just something someone has said to you. Anything.
This question is inspired by a coworker who was unable to produce any reaction but "Euww!" to the idea of two women marrying. No real brain-driven reason, just that the idea squicks her.
To those of you who don't agree that couples besides the strict male/female should legally be able to marry- why not? I'd like examples of logical reasons, non-Biblical if you have them.
so i just saw the fifth harry potter movie tonight, and i have a kind of spolier-y question. ( Collapse )
2) when's the last time you showered?
If you are divorced-was it ugly and drawn out with lots of court appearances?
I AM BUYING A CAKE.
2) What do you eat prior to and after working out?
3) How many calories do you burn? And how long is your work out?
4) Favourite songs to exercise to?
(awkward sentence, i know, but i hope you get my drift)
2. what happened the last time you convinced yourself that your next step was a sound and logical one and it was the right thing to do? only to discover that once you made that move, you found yourself filled w/self doubt...
3. what was your last really great conversation about?
- If you like the Rock genre, would you say you were a "classic rocker", "metal-head", "hardcore", "pop-rock", "punk and all variations", "emo"?
-Is it wrong for a girl to want to learn how to ride motorcycles? Why would you think girls riding motorcycles is inappropriate?
-How do you convince someone that bisexualism exists? Anyone famous someone can quote?
-Am I the only one who thinks that people who post "foilers" are actually trolls? (even though I find some of these foilers funny)
I ask because yesterday I got a very pretty bottle of blue nail polish, and its name was "Skin Tight Denim Creme." It was a very WTF?! moment.
For those who paint their own nails, what colors/designs do you usually do? any tips?
When you walk, where are you usually looking? (eg, your feet, the sky, where you're going, etc)
serious and funny answer are both welcome*
2] Also, is it just my hopeful imagination, or is there a college that might have classes on Ancient Greece/Greek Mythology?
Where it is?
What is it from?
I got a nice giant one on my stomach. I was laying down the other day on my couch and my two schnauzers jumped on top of me to look out the window and kept jumping up and down.
( Collapse )
2. and why?
Guy A :
- Lives about an hour drive away
- Busy bee
- Shy, softspoken 70% of the time
Forward, anxious 30 % of the time
- More street smart than book smart
- Cute as a button
- Doesn't do drugs (not including some maryjane), has a "clean slate."
- Hardly sexually experienced
- In college studying music
- Nice 24*7
- Scared of relationships
Guy B :
- Moved to CA about a month ago, but moving back to AZ (or for this question...your state) at the end of this year
- Nice 12*7 (a.k.a half the time)
- Too smart for his own good (a.k.a Mr. Know-It-All)
- Past with drugs, still stuggles with tempation occasionally.
- Often overtly aggressive and defensive
- Very sexually experienced
- Romantic/sweet talker
- Smart (book and street)
- Peace advocate
- Easy on the eyes
Both are: 21 years old, single, musicians and interested in you...
2) If you could have a song play whenever you enter the room (like the songs wrestlers have when they enter), what would it be?
2.) Are there any plants near you? What kind of plants?
mine got hacked and I dont know why.
Did you make a new one?
Will you friend me on my new one? I feel friendless (my link is on my journal :D )
to sum it up, i'm about 4 mths, and can't afford to go to the doctor or anything at the moment. i know, i should have gone by now. not much i can do.
lately i've been getting cramps in my lower abdominal area.
they feel like period cramps, only on a higher pain level.
they don't necessarily hurt, sometimes they kind of do, and sometimes they aren't bad.
is this normal?
planned parenthood did nothing and said i have to pay for EVERYTHING. and i've called "free" clinics that aren't free and don't offer payment plans or help of any kind. i'm not THAT stupid. so stop suggesting things i've already tried, please and thank you.
when buying shoes do you walk around the store with them on for a bit to get a feel for them?
do you consider yourself a picky shopper?
you've been chosen to play matchmaker, who is the lucky couple? why do you think they'd be good together?
Personally, I think it's funny.
2. Does anyone else here actively keep up with news in another country, like by reading the website of a paper from that country?
~ Have you ever been to Machu Picchu? What airport did you fly into? Any good tips?
(the boy and I are planning a trip for May or Sept 08...looking for some general thoughts)
~ Two morons in the row next to me at work are having a conversation about organ donation. One of them is arguing that organ donation is a pointless endeavor, only continues people's lives for an average of 5 years and is generally not cost effective and a waste of resources.
My grandfather had a kidney transplant, lived more then 5 years afterwards and the extra time we got with him was well worth it.
So three questions
1) Do I tell this kid that I find his argument incredibly offensive and to shut up?
2) What do you think of people that talk loudly about things like this without considering who might be around?
3) Have you ever had something like this happen to you OR been the person who inadvertently offended someone?
2. Anyone know how quickly Fed-Ex updates their online tracking after a delivery?
3. How do you feel about your hair today?
4. What's your weather like today?
How do you stop children from having nightmares/night terrors?
For the past week my 3 yr old has woken up at 5am to get into bed with SO and I.
I asked her today why she has been doing this she told me that there is dark and a noise in the wall and it got in her bed.
I slept on the couch last night because of the heat and she woke up again and got into bed with my SO.
He woke her a few times because she kept yelling "no" in her sleep.
She has a night light so thats not something we need to get.
What should I do?
Have you all seen the preview for Water Horse? It looks like a good film. Has anyone read the book?
What other children's fantasy novels (that are being made into movies) should I check out?
2. How dirty is too dirty?
3. What is your version of the 5-second rule for food?
4. Nastiest think you have ever done? (as in dirt, not as in sex).
5. Do you have some secret habit, like picking your nose when no one is around or something?
6. Dirty secret of the day? (once again, not about sex)
( Collapse )
If so, how long did it take you after you got hired to hate it?
Why are you still at said job?
Could this job somehow be saved if some aspect of it changed? If so, what?
What can I do to fix this? Any ideas for what I can do in the morning that'll make me want to get up?
Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? Why?
a. "Spending a little more than you have(ie, running up a credit card) is okay, as long as it's not crippling your life"
b. "You should never spend more than you can afford. You'll be happier in the long run."
c. "You only live once, you could die tomorrow. Buy what you want!"
2) Who in TQC do you think has a misleading username in terms of personality? (i.e., someone who has a hilarious username but is a complete buzzkill, etc)
The invite says this: "In addition to a baby gift, please bring an unwrapped baby toiletry item (wipes, diaper cream, nail clippers, shampoo...) to be included in a basket that will be from everyone."
Do you think it's okay to just bring the item for the basket and have the registry gift shipped? I hate to be tacky and explain, "The gift is in the mail." What if people notice that she doesn't have anything to unwrap from me? Can I assume that packages shipped from the registry will be held and then opened at the shower?
Thanks in advance! I know I'm kind of over-thinking this. I just want her to be happy and do things the right way.
2. what was the last thing you ate?
3. did you shave this morning?
( Collapse )
2. Are you putting of anything that you need to do? If so, what?
3. What has annoyed you today?
( Collapse )
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or equivalent
Video: 128 MB NVIDIA GeForce FX 6800 or ATI Radeon X850
OS: Windows XP / Vista
RAM: 1 GB
Optical Drive: 2x DVD-ROM
I prefer AMD Athlon processors, even though I know there's nothing wrong with Intel, haha. I also know that I actually need at least 2GB of RAM, because our best computer met those requirements and still had problems. As for all the other parts (modems, soundcards, etc), I have no idea what to get. If anyone can help me find the place to get the best bang for my buck, I'd be grateful. I also want the computer to be able to handle any future PC games, at least for a little while. Technology is advancing too damn fast, I swear.
Which cookies do you enjoy stuffing your face with?
Was/is it intentional?
Worried about an unexpected pregnancy resulting?
i am planning my daughter's first birthday party, i am doing HIGGLYTOWN HEROES as a theme. well, come to find out they dont sell ANYTHING higglytown. atleast not that i can find. So i am looking for pictures, screen caps, websites to buy things from...anything you can help me with....
know any good places to find higglytown heroes???
Anybody know if these are poisonous or know of a website that can help me out? I've been googling, but no results. Thanks in advance.
Do you think baby reptiles are cute? If you don't, why not?
( Collapse )
But, are there any actual legitimate (ie non nudie based) modeling sites/co's out there that don't want just the generic tall boring sort of people? (I am teh tiny chixxors at 5'1", so that doesn't work so good for me.)
Yes, I am *that* bored at work today.
2. Do any of you have cockatiels?
What would you wear to an interview at a place like this? Dressy or just...presentable casual?
2) Who do you think looks weird with a mustache?
3) Who has the best mustache ever?
4) Who has the creepiest mustache ever?
5) To those this is applicable to: Do you have a mustache and/or beard?
EDIT: Have you ever heard of The American Mustache Institute?
Which did you try?
How did you like them?
how bad do i suck? am i a bad TQC member?
eta: i guess i phrased this poorly... what i was kind of after is, do you think there's anything in particular that makes someone a good community member? i'm really not that self-involved and concerned with what the internet thinks of me...
I was watching Crime TV the other day, and a witness to a crime was a cosmetologist. The investigators said this was very fortunate, as cosmetologists tend to study the details of other faces.
Has your job effected you like this?
what's the last dream you had?
Would you ever let your children get that heavy?
When some mother says that "she feeds her baby what she wants" and her "baby" is 4 years old and weighs more than 120 pounds, what do you want to say to her?
When was the last time you threw a temper tantrum and/or were really pissed off and aggravated about something?
Who's in my clique yo?
Have you ever been to a funeral with an unorthodox dress code (e.g. Hawaiian shirts). If so, would you mind telling me a bit about the deceased?
2) Were any of you in the old school original randomquestions? Were you a regular there?
1) I think it's about confidence and dress. I like fat people and skinny people, depending on how they carry themselves.
2) Yup, and I think I was...I lived on it and was in chat 4509743956346 hours a day. lol.
I'm taking my sister to get a haircut for her bday and i want it to be a great place that really know the latest stuff. thank you!
lubedpumpkin scared me for a second, for House icons with "OHNOEZ" on them mean srs bizness-
I need a clique. Gimme a spot in yours?
Have you ever gone?
Was it fun?
What is there to do there?
My aunt's partner has kids, none of whom have made any attempt to collect any of this stuff. I don't know how to get in touch with them. My mom has done absolutely nothing to get in touch with them; I'm not sure if she has any contact numbers anymore. ETA: Let me clarify: I'm 99% sure there is no way to contact them. Let's assume for the sake of my question that I can't. If I could, I would have taken that route already.
1. Do you think I can ethically throw away the photo albums, newspaper clippings, and various other bits of memorabilia?
2. If you were the aunt's partner's kids, would you expect those things to be waiting for you whenever you got off your butt and came to find them?
3. If you're in favor of keeping them, what would be a good way to preserve them while taking up as little space as possible?
4. Would you be uneasy if you didn't know where your mother's ashes were? (Assuming for the moment that she had died and her wish had been to be cremated.) Or uneasy if you knew they were with a family you didn't really know that wasn't related to you?
*or your favorite coffee joint
The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe is mine.
2. Do you ever wonder what inspired you to make some of those mixes?
3. Do you have songs that always seem to appear together if they are on more than one mix?
4. Do you have songs that seem to repeat themselves every few CDs/tapes?
2. Definitely. I know some of them were made just as backups, but then I wonder why I had so many backups of the same songs.
3. Yes, there were two 98degrees songs that always seemed to be together, no matter what the CD was for. And "The Way You Look Tonight" and "My Way" by Frank Sinatra also.
4. Definitely. I think I have the same 2 Frank Sinatra songs on about 5 CDs, some random songs that appeared on 2 or 3 CDs each. And a few mixes that were so similar to each other that I wonder why I made both.
( Collapse )
Love it/Hate it?
You make the call!
****Oh and I know that with DVDs/CDs/etc... there are problems because of the diffent studios/record companies/etc... but this is a robot so I'm thinking it would be different.
who do you use for your email?
should I eat the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies? or raw cookie dough from the tube?
Double Cheesy Quesadilla (it has rice)
Cheddar Cheese Melt?
Does it seem like plane crashes happen more often in less industrialized countries? Why does this happen? Do they have less strict safety standards, or what?
Or is it just me, and there's actually no real difference?
2. Has anyone here who pre-ordered the HP book recieved an email or phone call about the Friday release party yet? I pre-ordered a couple months ago, but haven't heard anything yet, and I'm getting worried that maybe my pre-order didn't go through since I've not heard anything about times and all that (and Border's newsletters say that they'd be sending emails soon, but that was over a week ago). If it didn't go through, will I still be able to get my book at midnight after all the pre-orders buy theirs?
3. Who do you think is the most inspiring living person today? It can be anyone you want, whether you know them or not, whether they're from your country or not, no matter how old they are. Inspiring in any sense of the word.
ETA: HAY GUYS WILL YOU ALSO REMAKE SOMEONES ICON IN MSPAINT?
my mom had her fortune told over 20 years ago by some guy who's more famous than the lady who's coming, and everything he told her [most of which was pretty shitty] came true. i want to ask this lady if she can tell me about my future because i'm really impatient, but i'm afraid she'll tell me something terrible and i'll expect it for the rest of my life.
so tell me...
1. have you ever had your fortune told by someone who was a "professional" fortune teller?
2. what did he/she tell you?
3. has any of it come true?
4. if you haven't had your fortune told, would you want to, even if it means you'll be dreading and/or excitedly anticipating things that may never happen?
What strange things have you guys found out today?
if so, what are you bidding/watching?
do you buy or sell on eBay?
what have you sold/won in the past?
i'm selling a build a bear (spring bear w/ outfit) right now
there's 22 watchers
If not, when do you enjoy sex the most?
If you're not currently having sex, when is your favorite time to masturbate?
If you're not into masturbating, what's your favorite pie flavor?
Bonus: What do you think of when you see my new and improved icon?
Mine: "All Outta Love" by Air Supply. D:
I've been looking at reviews and they're split 50/50 between hating it and loving it.
If you have worked at Six Flags, did you like it? What did you do there? Which one did your work at?
Are any of you in the Dallas/Fort Worth/Arlington area?
If so, feel free to swing by my SOs house for barbecue on sunday! I doubt any one of you live in Brazil, and I'll be in the USA for 10 days :)
Have you ever wanted to punch someone like that in the face?
I'm asking because my friend just did this when I mentioned I didn't have a lot of money right now. :/ Which is a rather insensitive thing to do because the last time he complained about not having any money I loaned him 50 dollars.
So I guess my real question is: Should I punch him in the face?
Does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about? I need to get ahold of one/make one within the next week!
How do you know when you love your SO? Rather abstract but, any sort of answer would be nice.
2. What's a dessert you're craving right now?
3. Favorite alcoholic drink?
4. Favorite cut of pasta with sauce?
5. Has stupid_free gone to the dogs?
6. Did you see Order of the Phoenix?
7. Have you pre-ordered Deathly Hallows?
8. Hippies: yay (yea) or nay?
9. Link me to a cell phone you're lusting after.
10. If you could have a leading role in a movie, who would be your co-stars?
( Collapse )
I remember having to write a poem in this style, but I can't remember what it's called.
a) Hand over the resume and filled out application and leave the store?
b) Do the above, but browse around?
c) Do the above, but browse around and buy something?
Do you think not browsing/buying something gives you a less likely chance to get the job?
Should I just assume that no news is good news and wait until my appointment on the 30th, or should I call? I'm kind of phone shy and I don't deal with phone stuff well, so I'm leaning towards that, plus if something is wrong, I'll just worry myself sick up to my next appointment.
What food do you eat just because its healthy?
I am currently trying to cook an artichoke because it is low in calories and high in fiber.
would you have put out sooner?
StumbleUpon, Fark, eBay, Craigslist, Youtube, ThisMag, SteakandCheese
Does anyone know where I can find a larger picture of my icon?
Should I stab my neighbour in the face for weed-whacking our front yard (I'm in a duplex) at 10pm?
My 16 year old brother just professed his love for his best friend of 2 years and she turned him down. We are really close. What can I do to cheer him up?
What is your least favorite physical feature? Pics please?
( Collapse )
So, TQC, what's the biggest mistake you've made lately?
(also, of much less importance, what are some good breeds of dog that have can have brown fur?)
Did you like it? or was it a nightmare?
What do you say?
I say football. I think soccer sounds daft.
Ketchup and salt.
I went for a bike ride downtown (1.5hr), then I played frisbee with friends for a good 2 hours, and then took a two hour walk. After all that, it was another hour and a half bike ride home. Yay for feeling good about myself, though, since it's hard to get me out of the house.
What if they only get cravings when they're drunk?
Why or why not?
This person I know claims he's not addicted because he only does it when he's drunk every weekend and doesn't spend a lot of money. He also claims he's not a cokehead because he has a job and keeps up on most of his responsibilities. I think he's just in denial and slowly destroying himself.
What are possible options that I can do to try and help him since reason does not work?
In this time, you are able to cancel one of the ten commandments, and add another in its place.
Which commandment do you get rid of?
What commandment do you add?
SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY OR FACE EXCOMMUNICATION!!!
( Collapse )
And if the council sent an exterminator, who didn't call ahead and make an appointment and so came when they were all out, and then shunted them to the bottom of the waiting list because they missed their 'appointment', would it be fair to call up the council and kick up a fuss given as it has now been over a week since the exterminator last came, and that happened nearly a week after the initial call? Especially as they're supposed to act within five working days on matters such as this for reasons of health and safety?
Would you be as pissed as I am right now, TQC, if you knew your boy/girlfriend was having to sleep on the kitchen floor this evening because there are fleas in their bed??
He's been in there since June 30th. The fleas are just getting worse. Can he threaten legal action against the council, to get them to pull their heads out of their asses? Especially as he, his housemates and myself have all been bitten and the bites are starting the scar. The landlord's not the problem (for once), he's paying for the exterminator, but it's the fact that the exterminator was such an incompetent that's behind them still having fleas two, nearly three, weeks after they originally called to get this sorted.
broken up bands and/or dead artists excluded.
2. I am also photophobic, and must wear sunglasses whenever I'm outside. I've checked both Dunham's and MC Sports, but cannot find any kind of tinted goggles. And the only ones I've found through Google are the snow skiing kind of goggles. Do you think these would work? Do you know of anywhere I might be able to find ones like these that are tinted?
I'm seriously a huge baby when it comes to getting water in my eyes. I have all sorts of problems with them on a daily basis - the last thing I want is some kind of lake particle to get up in there. I really need them for work :( lol
3. What's your favorite summertime activity?
4. Have you ever had sun poisoning? What happened?
5. Do you have a driver's tan?
4. Yes :( Several years ago we went tubing down a river. Due to having stood in the water before sitting in my tube, my legs got wet and as the sun dried them, my skin got dehydrated. Like a dummy, I kept dipping them in the water and, after being out in the sun for about six hours, they burned. My lower legs/ankles/feet got so swollen, and I felt really nauseous for a couple days. It took almost a week for the swelling to go down completely.
When I am nearing my meal of a medley of things, I need to make sure I have a little piece of everything and then decide which order to eat them so I can decide what's best to eat last.
2] What is a tasty way to prepare frozen vegetables?
I love vegetables, but throwing them into the pan and cooking them with a little bit of soy sauce and vinegar gets boring =[. edit: I am dieting
3] What is the weirdest thing you like to eat?
I like to eat eggshells, raw spaghetti/rice, and straight up red wine vinegar/Tabasco sauce.
I have a set of 259 4"X6" pharmacology flash cards. I purchased them for board prep, and since they were kind of expensive and are in organized by category, I'd like to figure out a good way to keep them together and in order. I was thinking of getting one of those single binder rings, but I can't find one any bigger than 2", and the cards themselves are at least 2.5" thick when they're in a single stack.
So, TQC, any ideas of how to keep my cards together?
but im preferably looking for today-type-hippies.
so any pictures you have/find please post them here!
and...the question to go along with this post is:
Do you like the 'hippy style'?
my friend has recently gotten into it and wants as many pictures as possible.
my answer: i think the style is great. my mom was a pretty big hippy and is just so cool to see pictures of her in high school! What a cool mom i have..haha, seriously!
What are some things you tend to do when you're depressed/not taking medication/etc?
When did you realize you had it/may have had it?