( Collapse )
( Collapse )
2. Is there bizarre weather where you are right now?
- Can you please recommend a good movie to rent? (In terms of genres, I prefer drama, independent, and foreign movies... but any suggestions are welcome)
- What is your #1 all-time favorite movie?
- What movies do you think are very a) underrated and b) overrated?
do you wear panty-liners everyday when you're not having your period? If so, how come? Is it so your underwear doesn't stain or because it makes you feel fresh or what?
Why does it seem like only old ladies use panty-liners? They're the only people I ever see buying them.
My question is for people who do / have lived in the UK, France, Canada, etc:
Is the universal health care system all he cracks it up to be?
Is it as easy and wonderful as he claims?
Michael Moore isn't known for telling all the facts, what if any are the downsides to all these benefits?
Does the American system have any advantages comparatively?
2. Tampon users: Do you flush the thing down the toilet?
What was your driving test experience like?
Do you have any tips for me?
What sort of icon do you think I should use for my new default?
Will you make me a new one?
2. How is it any more or less silly to believe little or nothing is wrong with being a hypocrite than it is to believe that little or nothing is wrong with being a liar or idiot? I want to know the reasoning for believing how being a hypocritical isn't a big deal, while being an idiot or liar is a big deal.
3. Why are people so afraid of being proven wrong?
I know the answers to the above, but I'm just interested in what others think. Edited for clarity and less tl;dr. Is it still confusing?
2. Do you like tootsie pops? What is your favorite flavor?
3. I will have to eat at a Cracker Barrel this weekend. Looking at their sample menu I think I will have the best luck with the kid's section. It says it's for "Kids Of All Ages." I'm 19, do I count? Most places have a set age for their kid's menu so I'm unsure.
2) I feel like I was 12 years old yesterday. When I'm 50 will I feel like I was 20 yesterday?
How has/did/could it wreck a friendship?
Can I please have it?
So, do you...
1. Reduce, reuse, and recycle? (Using less paper products, using reusable products instead of disposable, and recycling your paper and plastics)
2. Use less heat and air conditioning? (Keeping your temperatures moderate and making sure your house is insulated correctly)
3. Use CFL bulbs? (CFLs last 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs, use two-thirds less energy, and give off 70 percent less heat)
4. Drive less and drive smart? (Walking, riding a bike, or using mass transit when possible and make sure your car is running efficiently)
5. Buy energy efficient products?
6. Use less hot water? (Setting your water heater to 120 degrees and use an insulating blanket around it)
7. Use the off switch? (Turning off lights when out of the room and unplugging appliances when not in use)
8. Plant trees/plants?
9. Monitor your energy usage? (Asking the companies for a usage report and identifying inefficient areas)
10. Encourage others to conserve?
2. Do you know of a tasty diet ginger ale?
3. Should I stop at 7-11 tomorrow morning to get a slurpee for breakfast or should I make oatmeal before leaving the house?
I set it on my TV stand a little over a month ago, after getting back from Canada. About a month ago, I went away for the weekend, and my mom cleaned my room while I was gone (which annoys me to no end). Now I need it, because I'm supposed to go to Canada tomorrow, and I can't find it.
Can you use other documents to get you across the border (other than a passport, because I don't have one)?
Or am I screwed?
2) Why do people like making things more complicated than they would need to be?
1) I think a lot of them just want to use it as a way to say "I HAZ WORSER DISEESE!!1!" And a lot of them are just... Wordy. ^^;
2) No freaking idea. -_-
ETA: I had no idea we did this a month ago (to the day even!) but I didn't see it and I'm very curious to see everyones handwriting so post away!
why are you up this early?
Have you been diagnosed with a mental disorder/condition?
If yes, are you on medication for it? How's that working out for you?
If no, do you think you might have something that has yet to be diagnosed? What makes you think you have what you think you might have?
So, I got my lip pierced yesterday, and I am pretty sure it is too high. I want to put a hoop piercing in it, and people tell me it will look better when I do that, but I don't know.
First I need to know if it does look as bad as I think.
So do I go get my money back or get them to do it again? And if I get them to do it again, do I have to wait til this heals over? And if I take it out, do I continue cleaning it with peroxide/neosporin until it's completly healed over? Or can I got back today, get this taken out and get it pierced again on the same day? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
( Collapse )
1. What kind do you have?
2. How much did it cost?
3. Where did you get it from?
4. Is it limited in what internet service it works with?
When will I stop occasionally coughing up black stuff?
(GROSS, but I warned you :P )
How do you kindly tell them to shut their trap?
Do you tell people your thoughts/opinions even if the person you're telling them to wouldn't care/want to hear them?
Does it offend you when someone shrugs off what you think is a valid opinion?
Men can pee while sitting down can't they?
If you're a guy have you ever peed sitting down? Do you prefer standing or sitting?
When I'm sick I drink black tea with honey, what are some things you do when you're sick?
Do your ears pop and you end up half deaf when you're sick?
Don't you hate it when half your nose is blocked?
Tell me about it.
I had all four of my wisdom teeth out yesterday, and at the moment I'm restricted to icecream, jelly, and mashed potato. I'm seriously craving savoury foods, what are other savoury things that come in mush form?
Do you like her music?
Do you find her attractive?
Do you think she made up her name for appeal over her birth name or do you think it's her real name?
Do you use a tape? Do you take a class at a gym or a small studio?
I do pilates at this cute little studio in the center of my town. It's pretty much changed my life. I love it.
(if it matters: it was in todays Toronto Sun)
I'm budgeting for my husband, me, and his mother (others are coming, but they are paying for themselves).
I have been there many many times, but never on my own money so I'm trying to be smart about this. I want us to enjoy it without feeling the restrictions of a budget (too much), but also not to be stupid with our money either.
We aren't going to be eating PB&J sandwhiches the whole week, so I'm factoring in eating out and having some decent spending money and such.
Good restaurants? Any other general tips?
2. if you have both cats and dogs, does your cat/s eat your dogs food (not on purpose or anything, just because the cat likes dog food)?
3. do you ever buy clothes just because they feel good? is texture a priority for you when selecting clothes?
4. why do people shit in the park across the street? have you ever taken a shit in a random public place and, if you did, why on earth did you do that?!
5. if you gave someone a gift and they didn't thank you, how would that make you feel?
2. What's your favorite nickname? What's the story behind it?
3. What's the stupidest thing you've ever bought as an impulse buy?
4. What's something you let somebody talk you into buying that you wish you hadn't bought?
(I rather not have to sign up, but whatever)
What else should I put in my carryon?
I have: three tossaway paperbacks
word searches and cross words
electronic connect four and solitare
change of clothes
airport approved shampoo, etc
a FEW snacks
They're not going to feed me Chi-town to LA, are they?
Pack a lunch or buy it in the airport?
How the FUCK do I stop being nervous?? This is my first time flying alone!!
How could I have worded this question a little less awkwardly? :)
What about funniest bloopers?
Do you throw logic and links at them to prove your point?
Do you ridicule them and make them look even more stupid?
Do you not believe in trolls and honeslty believe that these people are just ignorant misinformed people who need help?
Or do you just sit back and laugh whilst others battle against them for you?
Also, what's your fave snark community?
Starwood Hotels (Sheraton and others)
Choicehotels (Comfort Inn)
Which others are there?
I am trying to figure this out because I travel for business a lot, without knowing which carrier I am going to be on or where I am going to stay, so I would like to be able to earn as much as possible for the time that I can use them with my wife.
Has anyone else had really bad mood swings/depression on birth control? I don't really NEED it and I am starting to wonder if I should just stop taking it. I suppose I should "give it time", but meanwhile I feel like I'm wasting my life.
If I do stop taking it, I guess I just have to stop cold turkey? (I mean, I can't see any other way.) It sucks, though, because um well I hear it will require about ten pounds of tampons. -_-
If any, what random body part do you have a strange fascination with?
1. How long have you and your SO been together?
2. Have you ever seen your SO cry? If so, how long had you been together the first time you saw them cry?
3. Have you ever cried in front of your SO? If so, how long had you been together the first time you cried in front of them?
Should I do the love side or the hate side? Cuz I realized I don't want to walk around with a shirt that says 'hate' on it and have to explain it, but if it already says love, it loses the inspirational message and is just a nice shirt with a dark twist LOL.
Do you know anybody getting married today?
This is one of the first weddings I've been to that I haven't been a bridesmaid for, and I've found a beautiful dress that is white with a black sash and black print near the hem and bustline.
What say ye TQC advisors?
I saw the identical dress that is black with white accents, but the wedding is outdoors, in Texas, in August, so there is no way in hell I'm wearing black.
When was the last time you did anything sexual with someone that you regret?
Why did you regret it?
EDIT II: My aunt who used to work there said that I'm not going to be asleep during the procedure. They're going to give me anesthesia but I'm not going to be feeling it...but I can hear and talk. OMG, CREEPY.
She said I have to eat something cause they're going to give me more medicine to take when I get there. But is that any different though? (Since I won't be sleeping...I will be able to control my bodily functions...right?)
2) Let's say that you were going to attend a viewing at a funeral home, followed by a Mass at a local Church. You arrive at what you THINK is the correct funeral home but do not see anyone there, although it is within the time frame for the the viewing.
a) Leave the funeral home and head to the Church. Upon arriving at the Church, you discover that no one is there. You then proceed home, wait 6 hours and call the funeral home to complain.
b) Call the funeral home using either your cell phone (it is 2007, after all), the pay phone across the street (clearly visible) OR pick up the phone that is at the front door (outside, where it can be accessed by the public and direct dials the office) of the aforementioned funeral home?
( Collapse )
1. If you were involved in a heated debate/argument with someone, and it's lasted a long time, and suddenly you realize that for whatever reason (you misunderstood, made an honest mistake, or just decide that they're right) you actually AGREE with the opposing party, what do you do? Simply end with an "Oh, you're right" or what? What if it was a really really heated argument where you guys were screaming and/or caps locking or otherwise just starting to dislike each other more and more?
2. If the person you were arguing with did that, how would you respond? Rub it in their faces that you're right? Say thank you?
3. Would you consider yourself the "loser" or in any way stupid or weak for agreeing with the other person?
4. If it was the other person agreeing with you, would you consider them the "loser" or in any way stupid or weak and consider yourself the "winner?"
Or does it completely matter what's being debated?
sorry for the tl;dr post.
(well, i know it's not the actual day, but it's been a year since I've had him)
I'm getting him a new bowl. (his is pretty small)
1. What color rocks should I get him?
2. Should I get something decorative to put in his bowl?
3a. Have you ever had a Betta fish?
3b. How long did it live?
Thanks in advance, lol.
My friend just got out of the bathroom and it smells like one crawled in there and died.
Preferably just the music, no singing. Can you help me?
Would you play with explosives?
Do you have a security clearance?
When was the last time that you had sex?
Did you like it?
1. What's the best thing about having a bunny? The worst?
2. Why did you decide to get a bunny as a pet?
3. How long have you had your bunny? Has it ever bitten you?
Any other bunny info would be welcome! I want to know a lot about bunnies and taking care of them before I make the decision to get one, to know if it's right for me. :)
(If you don't have a bunny, sorry for the irrelevant post!)
Thanks for all the help, folks!
1) Does death scare you?
2) Were you ever more OR less afraid to die compared to your feelings about it now? (For example: at 10 you were completely afraid of dying, but at 25 you're not so afraid, vice versa, etc.)
3) Are you more afraid to lose a loved one or die yourself? Does it change depending on which loved one(s) it concerns?
4) Do you plan on upgrading your operating system to leopard when it comes out in October?
5) What web browser do you use on your Mac?
6) What your favorite free application you've downloaded for your Mac?
7) What do you think of of when you think/hear of the Bronx, NY.
8) What about Yonkers, NY?
9) Think fast: Broadcast Journalism or Psychology as an undergraduate major?
( Collapse )
Do you fine folks have any experience with them, and if you're in the NYC area, can you recommend a good orthodontist? How much did it cost you, and how long did you need them?
Thanks in advance!
I'm looking for a video, it's a song about George Washington and it's animated and I think "he's coming, he's coming, he's coming" is in the chorus. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
2. Do you think Joan Crawford really did all those things to her children (tied her son to his bed at night, beat her daughter with a hanger and a can of comet) or do you think her daughter made up most of what she wrote in order to sell more copies of her book?
3. If you had a famous parent, would you write a tell-all about them? Would you wait until after they were dead?
4. What's the last thing you argued with someone about? If you had a hanger or a can of comet handy, would you have beaten them with it? Which would you prefer to beat them with? I'm a hanger girl, myself.
2)Have you ever been hassled for taking pictures of something or someone?
3)What subjects do you most enjoy photographing?
How would I go about covering it up or painting it?
What are your guilty pleasures?
i got this anti itch cream here but it does't seem to work
1. Is there an age limit on buying condoms? That is, if little Timmy's mommy gave him a fiver and told him to go buy her a packet of condoms, would there be a problem? I know there's a limit on cigarettes and alcohol and adult products, but what about condoms?
2. For those who work food service: when I pay for my check with a debit card and write in my tip on the receipt, how do you all get the tip? How does that pan out? It just sort of intrigues me, haha.
Also, I'd really like to know how best to advertise.
My nephew was born!
( Collapse )
What's the worst thing that's happened to you today?
A container of yoghurt fell out of my fridge and went splat! on the floor. My garbage disposal is dead and I have fucking gnats again, argh.
2. Do you have an eBay store? What things do you sell? Link plz.
3. Do you think it's worth painting my house if I know we will be moving next year?
(My current house doesn't really reflect our tastes but we're buying our first home in April so I don't know if it's worth it.)
4. Do you have a career that is different than what you majored in? What are the fields?
(I'm struggling with this because I am entering my last year in something I really enjoy but I don't want to do it for a living.)
2. Do you believe in magic?
3. Are you dressing up for the release of the 7th Harry Potter?
Where do you get your icons?
Do you think you feel more or less guilt now than when you were a kid?
If you had a friend that was heavily burdened by guilt which you felt was unneccesary and/or excessive, would you do anything about it? If yes, what?
My main question is if we're going to be able to get money off this house and use it for renting a new house. Or does the bank get all the money from this one?
I haven't read OotP in about 2 years, but I'm worried that if I read the book then go straight into the movie that I'll be constantly comparing the two and will be miserable about what's been left out.
It's 8:30pm now, I have to leave in 12 hours (and some of that time should involve sleep): should I spend my night reading the 5th book or watching the 3rd and 4th films?
2. how long ago was that?
3. does it still "fit" you? still embody you as a person/character online?
4. have you ever considered changing it? if so, to what?
Edit to clarify: SN as in LJ, AIM, etc. whichever you prefer.
( Collapse )
Let's say you have a best friend of the opposite sex who really wants a child. They're financially and emotionally capable of caring for a child. You're not against having your own children (even if you don't want kids for the sake of the scenario, pretend for me) and they want you to impregnate them. You'd have no responsibility or obligation to this child unless you chose to have one. Basically they want to use you as a 'sperm donor'. Your SO (if you have one) says it's totally your call and refuses to help you with your decision.
What do you do? Do you say yes? Do you say no? What do you consider while making this decision?
Also, I know that most of TQC is female and that men can't carry children, but for the sake of argument/my question let's pretend that doesn't matter. :P
Non-serious answers welcome.
Im about to go insane right now.
A friend of mine died this week, he was only 17. and the nicest person i knew.
(google 'Travis DeSimone' if you're curious)
And ive been a complete mess,
and nothing is making me feel better
i wouldnt even care if my house was set on fire
i'd prolly just sit here
I have been struck down with a cold and thus was bedridden for most of the day.
In my boredom I painted my toe nails pink. My question is
what are some of your favorite responses to this? i often say that my dog or best friend just died to put them in their place. or, "i promise i'll smile if you go away".
When it comes down to sending thank you notes for presents, which is better etiquette?
--->Ricky and Bobby send one thank you note per guest signed from both graduates (i.e., "Thank you for the giftcards, Auntie Mame, love Ricky & Bobby").
---> Ricky and Bobby each send out their own thank you notes individually (So auntie Mame will get 2 cards not 1).
Silly me decided to have a panic attack around 4 hours ago :P
What's the best Kiss flavour?
1. What do you do, personally, that's "green"?
( Collapse )
2. Do you think it's important to try to make less of an impact on the planet?
3. What do you think of certain members of the US Congress trying to stop the concert in Washington DC because they thought it would create momentum behind environmental issues and screw up their fat-cat budget? (ETA: google search for topic live earth DC block)
4. Would you be more interested if the bands were better, or at least more accessible? (Personally I'm missing U2 and Peter Gabriel - where are they????)
5. Does it matter that most (I actually think all) of the stages have been created out of recyclables and they're making a concerted effort to do it "green"?
6. How old are you? (I'm 43.)
I'm talking about sending them to yourself pretty much. My friend is going to visit me from NYC and she's on a lot of medication but doesn't feel safe carrying it all in in her carry on, which is the only bag she's bringing.
What would be the proper way for her to mail her prescriptions?
Could she take them to a pharmacy and just have them let her pick them up at a pharmacy here?
that having been said, does that indeed make me a heartless bitch?
2. Have you ever felt as if your name does not suit you? & why?
3. What do you wish your name was?
4. And do you have any thoughts or comments on your name or any name?
reheating and eating fast food in general. yay or nay?
Are you ok with letting your SO go to strip clubs?
Would you go with you SO to the strip club?