i'm hairstyle challenged.
i'm hairstyle challenged.
I can't smell very well at all, unless a scent is very strong. So, weird question, but do people actually have their own scents? Do they smell 'feminine' or 'manly'? What does that smell like?
Do you have your own scent? If so, what do you smell like?
I don't think I smell like anything. I hope not.. no one has ever said anything about it.
nu se stie niciodata voi minunat
Edit: He says he thinks it's Romanian.
Me, I fall over in chairs a lot. I've even gotten myself stuck in a folded up folding chair before. Incredibly funny, but painful.
EDIT: And what body parts do you find yourself injuring the most?
I get annoyed when people ask what my tattoo means (it's a copy of a Japanese scroll, so it contains kanji). I know there's no reason I should be pissed, but it still bothers me.
1 - What was your reaction to this?
I just remembered that I did that about a week ago. I just told my brother and he had the most horrified look on his face. :-(
they have decided to print a list of people *ages and county they are living in) of people who have concealed carry permits (those who have registered and carry a gun).
should they be allowed to print this information? or do you think it is an invasion of privacy?
what if your name was in it?
Does anyone else think James Marsters is a gooey hunk of love?
How did these people find my tiny little corner of the internet?
If you started getting quoted on off LJ sites, would you make your LJ private if it isn't already, or drink up the attention?
Do you feel that this thing overshadows who you actually are as a person...meaning people who don't really know you (or even people who DO) only see you for your "abnormal" (very much in quotes) quality?
If yes: How did you find out?
If no: How can you be sure? ;)
This question brought to you on account of the fact that I can hear my neighbour snoring through the wall. And his fucking telly is still on.
2) Has anyone ever ACTUALLY called 1-800-SUICIDE* just to see what the hell would happen?
3) If yes, what was waiting on the other line? Was it as horribly sappy as I think it would be?
My answers are yes, no, and N/A. ^^;
Inspired by a recent post on stupid_free that linked to this bundle of weird:
(It's weird because it apparently just repeats over and over again.)
*Or any suicide hotline.
I don't know what to think about though. I tried picturing some simple things like an egg and an apple and a drop of water, but they just made me
So, yeah, suggestions for meditation subjects?
Disclaimer: I already tried Google but it was hard to wade through all the hippie shit about using meditation to 'activate my ESP' and the healing power of crystals.
I don't know but I make myself sick! I find it hard to resist reading the things that come up. In my defense I don't ever plug her name into Google but that isn't saying much since google would probably bring up tons of crap.
What's your guilty celeb gossip pleasure?
How can someone be so retarded? To tell Larry King that she's never done drugs? What next, that she's a virgin? That she graduated at the top of her high school class? That she even finished high school? And then went to college? That she is naturally blonde-haired and blue-eyed?
Whether you're behind the camera filming it, on screen, etc.
Can I see?
My answer will be in the comments somewhere...
2. Do you like Jell-o? Do you like Jell-o shots?
I was doing Project365 but forgot for a few days and lost motivation.
3. What can I do to motivate myself to start taking pictures again?
At what age is it no longer appropriate to spank a child?
What is your favorite kind of juice?
How do you feel about people breeding their dogs and selling them for money? For the sake of argument, let's say that they are not showdogs.
We had a falling out about four years ago (and for good reason) and just recently touched bases again through MySpace, and are on a 'just barely friends' status now. I'm 22 and she's 21.
Today I read a bulletin she posted and whaddya know, she's claiming to be 22 (which is weird seeing as her PROFILE says 21, but maybe she's counting on ppl not actually looking at that)
WHY IS SHE STILL DOING THIS? I am seriously baffled by this! It makes no sense! She's 21, which means she has no issue doing anything legally anymore so she doesn't have to lie about anything. I could understand if she lied closer to her birthday, but that's in December. She and I are no longer friends really, so I don't think it's my fault anymore (or is it?)
So tell me TQC, WHY is she still saying she's a year older than she really is?
2. If it's compatible with my personality, would you like me to start one for your suggested topic?
3. Do you moderate any communities? Which ones?
4. If there were a Dr Keith Ablow community would you join?
5. Are you on GaiaOnline? Will you share pix of your avatar? (my icon is an old picture of my avi, but I need to make a new one!).
I enjoy moderating and am very involved and whatnot, but it seems like most of the good communities I could start are already taken. LOL.
Um, and now for something less emo.
I have four paintings hanging in a show at a gallery. Someone wants to buy one of them, do I pay the gallery owner something out of the money I'll get?
What is a really scary and good zombie movie?
2) Do you have any advice for a vegetarian looking to go full vegan? Any good tips or recipes?
3) How can you do vegan on a limited budget? We're not wealthy people, lol.
4) How would you keep someone who loves meat happy on a vegan diet? (He's agreed to go vegan and he doesn't mind the fake meat, I'm just wondering how you'd make it extra tasty and satisfying, that sort of thing)
5) Why in the world do the 18-22 year old jocko boys at my workplace obsess over weight and appearance so much? Everyone else here, older men, women, don't seem to care as much as they do. (For example, they walk around going "oh, donuts are SO BAD for you!" and "Oh god, I ate a huge bowl of pasta last night, I've gotta work this off.").
If no, why not?
Who's your internet provider?
Did you have to have your own modem or do you rent one?
1) If you are not vegan, would it be a dealbreaker for you? If you are vegan, would an omni be a deal breaker? Why or why not?
3) Do some vegetarians/vegans eat fish? Are they still real vegan/vegetarians? Is there a name for this?
What kind of 'antics' do you think you guys would get up to?
What do you think he wanted? Why wouldn't he knock or ring the doorbell? Do you think he'll come back?
He really creeped me out.
EDIT: I do not just stick my dog in my backyard alone all day. This is how it goes: I wake up, let him out, I pee, go to the kitchen to get something to drink, then I let him back in. I do not feel the need to go out there with him and watch him every second. My backyard is completely fenced in, and I don't exactly live on a busy road.
Are your reproductive organs external or internal?
3) Do you bite your finger nails?
1) grace under fire?
2) forgive or forget (with mother love)?
3) american gladiators?
4) lamb chop's play-along?
5) living single?
6) love connection?
9) aaahh! real monsters?
what's for lunch? i'm having this.
Also, what can I buy to make my computer play games faster?
I'm an office assistant at an accounting firm and our office is on the 2nd floor of the building. This morning i got on the elevator at the same time as 2 men who started a conversation with me, asking me where i worked, and what i did and i told them. They asked if i was looking to advance my career, and only being 19 i obviously said yes, and they said they wanted to recruit me and place with with a job starting at $45,000 a year. they wouldnt let me get out at the 2nd floor, and had me travel up to the 4th with them so they could keep talking. They said they expected an e-mail from me today and they want me to send them an updated resume. but i dont even HAVE a resume!!
so my questions are...
1. does this sound legit?
2. should i look into it, or just forget about it and stick with my current job?
3. any tips for making a resume for the first time? i think i should make one any way, even if i don't go for that offer.
I'll be recovering from jaw surgery, so chatting with the nurses or patient I'm sharing a room with won't be an option, unfortunately.
Is there anything else about the hospital stay that could raise concern? (E.g. my dad once mentioned that when he had to stay a weekish post-op a couple decades ago, the nurses would wake him up every four hours to ask if he was sleeping. Stuff like that.)
2. What is a good sci-fi/fantasy series that you recommend that I read? What is the name of the first book?
3. Who are some LJers that you recommend that I look at for some humorous icons?
I imagine it is a mix of old sweat, sandalwood and tiger lilys.
2. what can i do to improve my horrible posture?
My boss has him working because the kid feels entitled to everything, he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and he expects everyone to do things for him. He was fine at first, but he's started hanging around with the other boss's kid and he's telling him "dude, you can rule this place, your dad is the boss!" basically, and it's driving us all batshit here. He just told me I HAD to fax something for him, and I said no, I'll show you how to do it and YOU fax it. etc etc.
2) If you're in the US, how are you going to spend your July 4th?
So, how do you sleep at night? Stomach, back, side, upside-down from the ceiling, some weird position you need a whole paragraph to describe, other?
a. Who has the best hands?
b. The best wrists?
Yes, it's a lot, but trust me, by voting on each you will make a lasting contribution to the well-being of this uh community.
a) Go to Whistler with my cousin, two friends of hers, and a crazy girl from high school. I may or may not have fun -- it's hit or miss (with an slight emphasis on miss) -- but the weather will be beautiful and I kind of need a break. If all else fails, I can drink my face off.
b) Buy the lululemon outfit I want and go visit some friends from school who I haven't seen in a couple months, which includes shopping downtown and the beach. The friends are kind of flakey.
They'll be about the same price, and I can't do both.
1. What is the name of the bakery Ana works at in the movie stranger than fiction?
2. What are you supposed to tip:
-full service gas station attendants?
3. For anyone who lives in North Carolina, how easy is it to obtain your drivers license?
4. Is marijuana actually legal or just accepted in Amsterdam?
5. Was the original recipe for Dr. Pepper carbonated prune juice?
6. Was the original concept for X-Men based on Martin Luther King and Malcolm X?
Does whatever a
What is this from?
Yes, I already know.
I mean, they get the vocalist for Optimus Prime but not Megatron?
Who wants to hear Hugo Weaving play Megatron? Not me.
Do you have any rescued or re-homed pets in your family?
Why is it so hard to find a GOOD home for our little Benny?
Benny is a shih tsu-lhasa apso mixed breed. He's potty-trained, lovable. So he hates men...big deal. He warms up to them quickly with a gentle hand and patience. He bonded strongly with my husband after only 2 days and now they are BFF. We want Benny to find his forever home because he deserves to be loved and secure and part of a family. I should clarify, we foster him for a rescue in New England. We do a phone interview and a home visit as part of our fostering because the lady who runs the rescue just got diagnosed with cancer (they removed her kidney last Monday).
We've had people apply and say "Well, he better learn to speak cat if he's going to be a part of this family!"
We've had one home visit for him in which the entire family LOVED him except the wife because he wasn't ALL OVER HER like he "should" have been. We've even had a former PUPPY MILL apply for him!
Do you think we'll ever find him a home? Pics below the cut:
( Collapse )
We get plenty of applications for him but the ones applying just seem to be lacking in character. We have 4 more applications to go through this week and I am still hoping one of them is "it" for him. :)
What would you put on your ideal pizza?
When do you consider someone to have gone 'batshit insane'? Does this qualify?
2. A week ago, I broke out in hives on the back of my hands, knees and ankles. First, I thought it was cause of dry skin...but when I applied lotion on those areas...they itched like MADDDDD.
(My friend thinks they're bug/flea bites. I did spend time with 3 dogs for a weekend.)
The back of my palms seriously feel like a cat's tongue/sandpaper...and I'm not even exaggerating. This is what it looks like. Basically dried out looking cracks.
What should I put on them or take to stop the itching? Benadryl doesn't work...neither does anti-itching creams.
( Collapse )
What about the other varieties?
I used one recommented to me on here, but I can't remeber the name, and it pulled the skin off my arm in one place but every where else it was fine
2.) If so, which ones?
3.) Did you "pass"?
How long after eating a certain food would you have a reaction to it if you were allergic?
I ask because, for the last 3 weeks I have ended up with extreme cramping and bad stomach ache EVERY.SINGLE. NIGHT. but always quite a while after I have eaten? I eat healthy and am obsessively hygienic so it can't be my diet or environment. I've done the whole elimination diet but with no change. It's not a mental thing either thank you. Any other random things that could be causing this? I've never had a problem with these foods before so what the hell gives? I have an appointment with a specialist next Wednesday but until then.. HELP?
ETA: After a few tries at other things, hitting it all the way around the top with the handle of a butter knife got it to pop right off :O!!
PS: I tried the sidewalk thing :
Now. I have two coworkers who I really could do without. They annoy me on a personal level but since it's work I keep the furious rants to myself; however, they go out to smoke at least 3-4 times a day. I know they're both on thin ice because of their low productivity (partly, I'm sure, due to spending a good amount of time driving around smoking while punched in) and this would be another strike against them. I feel like I'm being a self-serving, nosy tattle tale, but I'm really tempted to tell my manager. Trouble is, I know for a fact that I wouldn't tell my manager if I liked these people. We work at an off-site location where there are no patients, if that makes a difference.
So tell me, internets, what would you do?
When was the last time you were in such a situation?
What did you do?
how do you answer the phone? (hi, what's up, this is ____, hello, etc)
my bra strap has been digging into my side for the last 2 hrs... what's something that has been or is bothering you today?
My vote goes to that commercial for Yogos candy. Closely followed by any Axe commercial, ever.
EDIT: Oops, posted recently-ish, apparently. Scroll on by if you like?
2- What's the last thing you were sad over, and when?
3- What's the next thing you think will be a big letdown in your life?
4- What's the next thing you think will turn out fabulous in your life?
5- How do you keep going on, and making it to the next day?
Do you have stairs in your house?
I hardly everrr drink it and ive never bought it, but im offering to buy tonight and i have 25$ for beer.
This is ladies only question.
*I probably could have phrased that better but oh well.
so she doesn't want to go get ice cream.
(HERE IS THE QUESTION) but don't you think this would be the BEST time to just go and get ice cream? all the stress and sadness of moving back in with her folks, ice cream would make it better, right? RIGHT!
BONUS QUESTION: would you go get ice cream with me? we'd probebly go to Cold Stone or the local ice cream shop that is made of win and awesome and yum.
The Office UK or The Office US?
2) looks or personality?
What was your experiance? Did you find an apartment that fit your needs? Is it a scam-type thing?
I'm looking for an apartment with one or two (most likely two) friends and we'd really rather not pay the 15% broker's fee, since we're slightly poor college students. My mom found this and I told her I'd ask around to see if anyone knows of anything like this/has an experiances (good bad or othewise).
Do you go to the wedding of your friend? Or do you get too squicked out about going to your ex's wedding?
Now what if their spouse-to-be asks you to be in the wedding? Too weird?
( Collapse )
What do you think of the picture? I like it.
I know that after 5 days of not smoking your taste and smell go back to normal so I'd say that's what happened - I got so used to the taste/smell, and now after 7 days of not having that... I can taste just how awful they are!!!
So my point is, I really don't want to have another one. EVER.
I know my physical cravings can be numbed with gum/patches, but what about the habit of it? Going out for a puff after dinner, after a coffee, with a glass of wine, while driving home from work...... Any quitters out there? What did you do? :)
2) What senses are you using actively and consciously at this very moment?
3) When is your next day off? What is it a day off from? Are you going to do anything?
2) Does this make me a bad mother? Validate me, internet!!11! ;D
3) Who else loves Adam Ferrara? Dana Carvey? Kevin James (OMG I LOVE HIM!)? Jerry Seinfield?
4) Any good comedians with non-angry/negative jokes? I despise Sam Kennison(sp) because he makes me all stressed out with the yelling. I need a more laid-back comedian. Yeesh.
5) Guys - what made the best blowjob you ever received THE BEST?
6) Girls - what's your favorite thing to do while giving head to spice it up a bit?
I notice some people don't until they are in their 30s or 40s. Like Julianne Moore, who got better looking as she aged. But some people, like Mischa Barton (imo) who are stunning in their 20s. And some people sadly just looked better as a kid/teen.
2)Have you or would you ever let your SO put your tampon in?
3)Have you ever worn a wig? What for?
ETA: Besides crunches, because I hate them. :(
2) If your significant other could not have children naturally and they suggested using their brother's sperm in place of their own or their sister's eggs in place of their own (this depends on the gender of you and your parenter) to conceive a child, would you do that? Why or why not?
3) If you could have a guest starring role on any TV show, which would you choose?
4) I was watching a show about genetic illnesses yesterday and I saw one that causes severe facial disfiguration. I don't remember what it was called but it causes tumor growth all over the face. Some of the people featured had biological children and expressed concerns that they may have passed the condition to their children because there is a 50% of that.
a) Do you think it's selfish of these people to have children biologically when there's such a big chance that they will pass with condition to them?
b) If you had a condition like this, would you produce biological children?
c) If you were pregnant and found out your child had an extremely life impacting condition such as harlequin-type ichthyosis, would you have an abortion? Why/why not? Are you pro-choice or pro-life? (I really hate those titles but I'm not sure what else to call them.)
So, how in the hell do you manage to accidently leave your pants in a parking ramp at 1 in the morning?
I am. No matter how hard I try, I make a huge mess. Good thing I'm good at cleaning. Today, I decided to make a custard pie because my dad loves it, and no one ever makes it. It was going great, then I pulled out the oven rack, put the pie crust down, poured the custard part in the crust. No mess there, right? Oh wait, I had to push it in. I did it a softly as I could, and it splashed all over. Now my house is full of smoke. Yay me.
What is your favorite thing to make?
What do you make the most?
What dessert do you make most?
( Collapse )
P.S. WHY WON'T IT STOP RAINING LONG ENOUGH FOR ME TO SMOKE?!
2. Does it annoy you when people refer to their boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife as their "SO"?
3. What about when they drop the "my" before husband/wife etc.?
4. "Hubby" and "wifey"? Gaggy waggy?
I've become obsessed with camels, and I would love to be able to work with them in some way for a short period of time.
Yeah. The only sort of physical fighting that EVER happened in my house growing up was between us kids, and even then we grew out of it pretty quick. I can't imagine seeing violence between my parents or between my parents and my siblings...
2. In most true/"true" ghost stories I've read, there is no mention of what music or normal sounds like TV is going on at the same time. There are quite a few people here who claim to have had ghostly encounters. If you had music or TV or something like that on, what was it and do you associate it with the ghost/s since?
My answer is deal with it right away. Then obviously there won't be a problem anymore...prolonging it isn't going to make it any better either way. My boyfriend on the other hand feels differently which completely baffles me.
Tomorrow my family is celebrating the holiday by going to a local amusement park for rides and fireworks and such. Sounds like a blast. But I have an infected owie on my foot. And I was also invited to hang out with my crush instead. So I'm undecided.
( Collapse )
Would the chlorine irritate the hell out of my legs? Should I settle for a shave instead?
Do you agree to this deal?
whats the worst fight your family has ever been in?
Which of the following applies to you
A. Buy a cheaper one and try to teach myself.
B. Buy a more expensive one and get lessons.
C. Buy a cheaper one and get lessons.
Anyone know where I could find a cheaper cello but have it not be complete shit? I looked on E-bay but (paranoid?) I'm nervous about (paranoid?) the internets sometimes.
(paranoid?)Sorry, it was really fun to read for me.
2. What does Joe Average need to know to start a business? Not that
3. Fast forward 1000 years. A team of archaeologists has decided on their next dig site: Ye Olde Ancient Ruins of TQC. Aside from the obvious Bacos, syringes, and a lifetime supply of broken iPods, what sorts of artifacts will these archaeologists find?
( Collapse )
For example: I am divorced. If I wanted to tell a friend about something my ex-husband did while we were married, do I say "My ex-husband did such-and-so." Or do I say "my husband did so-and-such."
The first one sounds like he was my ex at the time, which makes no sense to the topic. The second one sounds like I am still married (oh, please, NO!).
How do YOU talk about exes in conversation?
I have some leftover hydrocortisone creme, but I think it's somewhat expired and less effective, so I was wondering if anyone knew of some home remedies that might help?
2)What's the most depressing book you've ever read?
3)What was your favorite book you were required to read in school?
4)Have you ever whored yourself out in a manner other than prostitution?
Give me a story starter.
How do you react?
Any suggestions of creative things I can do to Top Ramen to make it taste more interesting?
Firefly fans, who is your favorite character?
plain bloody mary mix
I think I love Kaylee the most
DEAR TQC, WHAT DO YOU PROPOSE I DO WITH MY VACATION TIME AND FAIRLY LIMITED AMOUNT OF MONEY?
...but who do you remember that was forced out of TQC?
Are you going to a parade tomorrow, American TQCers?
( Collapse )
What happened when you first lost someone special too you?
Does the feeling that they're just around the corner ever go away?
"Giddy up, lady luck, we've got a lot of work ahead of us."
I have a little notebook full of poems and doodles and random thoughts from whenever I get bored, and that has been written on the edge of one of the pages for a long time. I always thought it was from some song that I had been listening to at the time and I just jotted it down. I had in mind that it was a Wilco song, but I just tried to figure out which one and when I googled it I found nothing. So now I'm wondering if maybe I wrote it somehow, but it is SO not like stuff I usually write. It's way better. Haha.
The gold fantail I bought last week is attacking our other fish. He's already killed the calico fantail and the plecostomus. I didn't know it was him doing it until a couple of hours ago when he started going after my other 2 fish.
I'd really like him to not kill my other fish in the middle of the night while I'm asleep. I've got another fish tank at my mother-in-law's house, but it is too late to go get it and get it set up tonight.
Would it be safe to put him in a really big glass mixing bowl with water from the tank until the morning? Flushing him isn't an option.
Any help is much appreciated.
1. Should I actually attempt to learn to draw, or just give up?
2. Any suggestions for learning how to draw (preferably ones that don't require me to spend money).
3. What should I draw?
And on a completely unrelated note, if you were showing someone around and they took notice of a girl and said, "And that exceptional beauty there? No relation, I trust," would you be insulted? (It's from Phantom of the Opera, and I honestly just noticed it tonight.)
Am I going to die?
Watch, these are going to be my 'famous' last words. D:
The pain went away, and so did the white spot... so I guess I'll live. :D
2) I'm also considering seeing Transformer since it's gotten good reviews, but I'm not that into sci-fi. Do you guys think I'd enjoy it?
No spoilers please. TIA =)
What do you think about people who pierce their nipples?
Would you do it?
If your nipples are pierced how bad did it hurt and what’s so great about having them pierced?
2) I accidentally closed my hand in a door today at work. It's ( Collapse ) but I didn't think to file I report on it or anything because we were so busy. I'm insured, so if I need to have it looked at (not that I could tomorrow,) it wouldn't be a big deal... right? I'm not required to file a report if I don't want my company to do anything, right?
3) I had dental work done twice over the course of a month... both times, I got a massive canker sore right near where the work was being done. Is there any way to blame this on my dentist, who I dislike anyway? (I don't want to do anything about it, I just dislike it and want to blame someone)
4) I breathed in several lungfuls of carbon dioxide, via dry ice. (It was in a closed cooler that I went in to get more beer for work) I breathed so much it made me dizzy. Is this going to harm me at all? Other than a few dead brain cells from lack of oxygen?
5) How big is the average skunk? The ones I saw in Arizona were usually the size of a large cat... but the ones I've seen in Colorado are all so tiny! They're closer to the size of a 6 month old kitten. Does it really vary that much geographically, or are the skunks tiny here because they're poorly fed compared to ones living on college campuses?
2. Should I get up super early tomorrow so I can stand in line at Battery Park for the chance of possibly getting tickets to see The New Pornographers?
Next time he says it, what would be a good comeback to shut him up?
I went to buy some pet supplies a while ago and while I was there, looked at the kitties up for adoption. Another woman was in the area and saw that I had a couple of cat collars and asked if I had outdoor cats. I said that they keep trying to get out, so I wanted them to have some sort of identification on them, and she started lecturing me on how I was a bad pet owner and obviously didn't care about my cats because they get outside, and that i should never own another cat again.
Why do people think it's okay to lecture total strangers like this?
She mentioned that if I try to adopt a cat and say I have an outdoor cat, that I can be turned down because of diseases that can be picked up from going outside. Is this true? If a cat is up to date for vaccinations and goes to the vet for regular checkups (about once a year), then why would it still be a problem?
I'm the small one, and I drive a BMW 320i. Seeing my boyfriend try to fit into the car is quite hilarious.
My boyfriend drives a Dodge Intreped, and it's hard for me to drive his car because it's so damn big.
2. Do you like sneezing?
3. Donkey Kong or Mario?
Wouldn't you say that a zombie attack is a legitimate concern?
Should I splurge and buy these cute little pastry critters? I've never had them before, but they look so yummy!
If yes, should I get 1 dozen or two?
What else should I do in my upcoming six days in San Francisco? Planning on going to visit Napa one day, already been to Alcatraz. I think a trip to Chinatown is in order - any Dim Sum recommendations?