I saw a sticker on someone's car yesterday that said something along the lines of "A god who only blesses America is not a god I want". I've searched everywhere online and can't find it. Anyone got a link to it?
I haven't played Pokemon in years. What would I be better off buying [in terms of quality]: a Gameboy Color and Gold/Silver or a Gameboy Advance and Ruby/Sapphire?
I only have 2 bread pans. I have another 2 batches of bread to cook, but my first 2 batches are cooling.
1) How long does it take bread, baked at 325 for an hour and fifteen minutes to cool?
2) Apple Cinnamon Amish Friendship Bread, or Banana?
3) Seriously, how do I persuade my friends to take these starter batches? I have like 12 now.
Do you ever vacuum up bugs? Do you feel bad about it?
1. Tell me TQC:
a) Do I move in with my friend and her boyfriend when it comes time to flee the dorms (alleluia) and find a flat? Rent between the three of us would be split and considerably cheaper than me getting a studio on my own. Keep in mind: he's almost 20, has never lived away from home, and they have almost been dating a year. Oh, and they are slobs who like a messy bathroom and I absolutely loathe a messy bathroom.
b) Do I keep hoping very hard that the jobs I've applied for will come through and pay me enough to support myself in a studio, even if it means paying more?
2. For those who have lived with a couple before, do you have any horror stories? If so, what?
You know how you make a desktop shortcut to whatever it is you want to access from your desktop? If you right-click and choose Properties, you can eventually change the icon, but it seems the only place I can choose icons for this is in C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll . Does anyone know where else I could choose icons for a shortcut folder in WinXP? I looked at some of the other .dll files, but I really don't know what I'm looking for. Help, please? TIA!
How does one go about obtaining and/or making a small searchlight?
1. Describe what your hell would consist of. (Think What Dreams May Come, if you've seen it. Our heaven/ hell is composed of eternally unique situations/ objects/ frames of mind...etc etc.)
2. Do you have the right to not tolerate those that are different, "weird" or just plain tick you off?
3. "I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor." ~ evil or not evil?
4. Are tattoos a political statement? (Obviously not ALL tattoos are - no need to point that out, in case you were going to make that the crux of an answer.)
do you check timestamps (or whatever they're called) on the emails you get? would it be weird if you got one that said 1:46 AM? what if you didn't know the person really well? is that as creepy as I feel like it is?
How do you sing that one religious song, "Jesus Loves the Little Children?" Specifically:
1. "red brown yellow black and white"
2. "red and yellow black and white"
When I was around eight or so and actually went to church, they would put the words to songs on an overhead projector so that everyone could see them, but no one ever sang the word "brown" like it was written on the slide - they all used "and" instead. It was pretty hurtful since I would be considered "brown," and so I was left out of the song. When I complained to some friends about this in high school (none of which are "brown,") they simply argued with me "but that's not how it GOES!"
3. Was Jesus racist?
1. Why do some people get offended and whiny over the comments and posts that are made in here?
2. Do you think that TQC is serious business?
3. How long have you been a member in TQC?
4. Why do my nipples always get hard the moment that I step out of the bathroom? :(
5. What is the next biggest event that is taking place in your life?
If you had the opportunity to know your future - every intricate detail of everything you would ever do or think - would you take that opportunity?
What does your best friend look like?
Is there a hair removal cream that doesn't smell like fried dog barf? I've been using these Nair samples I got and it doesn't smell any better than I remember it, plus my fingers still stink hours later. Is there a product that'll do the job without smelling so awful?
I'm a very bad googler. I honestly just can never seem to work it to find what I want.
So, TQC, lovers of google, if I were looking for community agencies or programs in Jacksonville, FL that offer services to children and their parents, what phrase would I google?
I'm searching for a new phone and I've only managed to narrow down to three or four brands so far, embarrassingly enough.
Of the following, which would you say is the best?
I'm tossing up between LG and Samsung at the moment - the Shine and the D900, respectively. If I get a Nokia, it'll be the 6300, and if I hold out for the Motorola, it'll be the RAZR2 which hasn't even been released yet.
What do you guys think?
The other day a mom told me that she would rather see her daughter bully other kids rather than have her be the one who is bullied.
Do you agree or disagree?
I got a Pureisutēshon Pōtaburu for my birthday. Do you have one? What do you enjoy about it?
So far all I've done is go online and look at porn.
I'm looking to buy a folding bicycle, preferably under $300.
Which bikes are the most durable, give the best rides (obviously with smaller wheels, much more effort is going to be needed), and are comfortable enough to ride around the city for up to ten miles one way?
Any bikes I should definitely stay away from? What should I look for in choosing a folding bike?
1) How old is your youngest friend?
2) How old is your oldest friend?
3) How old are you?
1. When you go to the movies, do you leave your trash on the floor/in the cupholder, or take it to the trashcan? If you throw it away yourself, are you annoyed by those who don't?
2. For those who have seen it, what did you think of Ocean's Thirteen?
3. Do you watch lonelygirl15 videos on YouTube? Do you watch regularly or have you only seen a few? Thoughts, opinions?
If someone is interested in you (you're fairly sure of this) but you are currently in a relationship and the interested person does not know it, do you continue talking to this person until they outright ask you out before mentioning your relationship or do you ignore them/say OMG I HAVE A BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND right away? Do you think talking to them would be leading them on? Pls note: if an appropriate time to mention your SO came up did you would, but the situation is not presenting itself unless you obnoxiously mention it out of context.
If you have an SO, do you think you love your SO more or he/she loves you more? Or if you aren't at the love point yet, "like" or whatever.
Are you taking anyone out today for Father's Day who is not your father? I went out with my mom.
What does the h stand for?
Have you ever lived with relatives who are not your parents? Tell me about it.
Since we have some iSketchers in da house, what is your username on there?
I'm sEa.mOnKeYs and I am currently in Tandem.
Can anyone recommend good, free, mp4 to mp3 conversion software?
what's your favorite thing to bring to a picnic?
If house values are dropping in an area, would vacant land property prices drop also? Or is there always a run on limited-number acreage lots?
Where I live (South Florida) the developers have way over-developed. The property values of houses are dropping thousands of dollars/mth, and they say that in the next few years they expect them to drop 20+% overall. (Thank God, too--it's so expensive!) But if I want to buy an acre of land, will those prices drop for the vacant land as well, or just the houses?
I know I should go ask a professional, just getting a feel for things...
For those who cook, what would you say your best and most tasty meal is?
You buy a close family member tickets for a concert, play, or similar event. They decide to sell them and give you the money because they think you paid too much for them, and the venue is too far away for their liking. How would you feel about it?
What if you thought that it was the best present you had ever bought this person?
Who can write the best story in fifty words or less?
(go go go)
Why don't they sell tobacco seeds and plants at the nursery/garden center?
asked and answered
I'm starting an herb garden. What do you suggest I grow?
How do you think the universe was created?
So I want a bigger fish take- 60 gallons. I want to divide it into two sections (a 20 gallon and a 40 gallon). On one side of the divider I will have fish, and the other will have a few lizards.
Is this possible? Has anyone seen someone do this before? Do companies sell fish tanks with dividers installed, or would I have to buy one?
Who here has taken omega-3/omega-6 fish oils?
A few weeks ago I started taking a children's omega-3 supplement of 400 mg three times a day. Today I bought an adult supplement of 800 mg, which directions state to take 6 capsules a day for 12 weeks before reducing to two.
Does that not seem like a bit excessive? For those who have taken this sort of supplement, did you take a similar amount and experience any side effects? Normally adult vitamins result in severe nausea for me, so I'm a bit apprehensive to take that amount. I think I may just stick with two or three times a day.
1. Do you like any of V.C. Andrews' books? If so, which ones?
2. Can you recommend any trashy novels?
3. Who is the scariest character from a movie that you can think of?
4. When you were a kid, was there a television show or movie that you weren't allowed to watch that you watched in secret anyway? For me it was Married with Children.
I'm on hold.
Why is hold music so annoying?
Would you like to have a palm tree farm?
This isn't entirely random/non-serious, either. Those things sell for big bucks. :)
How satisfied are you with your body (say from 0-100%)?
If you could change anything about your body, what would it be?
Sex with an ex...good, bad or indifferent?
I'm a rising college freshman, and my roommate is completely and totally my opposite. (she has told me that she only reads christian fiction, she was a cheerleader, she's quiet and loves to tan. I read all sorts of books, I don't like cheerleading, I'm loud and I'm pale). We were quite obviously computer-assigned.
How do I talk to her without making myself seem like an ass? It's hard to speak to someone when you have nothing in common.
What's the worst experience you've ever had in college/university housing? A roommate, a suitemate, someone on your hall, crappy RA .. anything.
someone told me today that the North Koreans nuke the moon!! and he was completely serious..
i laughed really hard because well I havent herd anything about that, it just seems sooo made up. I googled it and nothing came up, this guy said that he found this info on the internet and watched a video on Bush's responce to the event..
Is he on crack? or have you herd about anything like this too.
So I'm going to be listening to my ipod a lot over the summer and my favorite bands are:
-the academy is...
-death cab for cutie
-jimmy eat world
Does anyone have any suggestions to other bands that may kind of relate to those bands? Thank you!
Does anyone else identify people on here by their userpic?
I generally don't read a person's username off the bat, but I always look at their image. If I recognize their picture frequently or if something they say is interesting, then I look at the name. Is that unusual?
How many userpics/avatars do you think is too many for one person to have on their account?
Would you rather be a big fish in a little pond (gaining some influence, but only lateral mobility), or a little fish in a big pond (starting out low but a good chance at upward mobility)?
Do you prefer to have a dog or a cat as a pet? Why?
Dogs seem to be better companions, more playful, and more intelligent. (I've always had a dog, so I'm more orientated that way.)
My dog passed away in March (it was my mom's, she passed away in 2005, so he became mine). I've never had a cat but I'm considering getting one.
If you have a cat is it an outdoor or indoor cat? If it's outdoor how long was the longest time that he had been away without coming back to say check in on you?
How does how you view your body affect how you deal with people?
For those of you who are in relationships, how self-concious did you feel when your S/O asked to see you naked? What do they say when they see you? Do you believe them when they say they think you're beautiful?
How often do you want sex?
For me? Never. Happily, neither does my girlfriend, so it works out.
What am I supposed to do on my 21 hour flight alone?
What street do you live on?
What things did you think were SO COOL in high school that you now think "What was I thinking?"
I don't know how I ever thought those hair metal dudes were sexy with the spazzy hair and spandex. My good friend and I were looking at videos and pictures on the internet and laughing our asses off.
Add pictures if you'd like.
we live in the seattle, wa area now and are thinking about moving to hawaii for work. moving cost and shipping cost is zero, more worried about cost of living over there? like groceries and shit. rent is paid for.
also, island fever? does it get boring/shitty after a bit? we'd only be there for a few years.
What can I put on a bagel besides cream cheese?
What did you do for your father for fathers day?
1) a. Do you think Smokey is a good old western/cowboy name?
b. Do you know of any Smokey's in films or books?
2) What's your ideal cowboy name?
Do you have a fuzzball shaver or do you just let them collect on your clothes?
I'm as nerdy as they come with this question, because I genuinely Do Not Get It, even if I try, but;
What is it - somebody please explain - about getting totally drunk that is this huge great fun thing to do?? It seems to be an obsession of the rest of the world and as much as I've tried to drink with them, I just don't get it. Why is it all "Yeah let's go get Smashed! Let's get drunk every other weekend and have a blast! Party? Well, that means GET DRUNK!!" ?
I don't mean to put it down at all...but I genuinely don't get the allure to it - to me, it's just as lame as I probably am asking this question.
Your favourite kind of chocolate?
Strangest song on playlist?
Should I go to the library tomorrow?
okay, so what's a good way to get back at someone, without doing something illegal, and without being found out?
all i can think of is signing the person up for some embarassing subscription to arrive at their workplace.
These light blue icons with the foodstuffs that have sundry, clever phrases on them? I've seen them around for what seems like forever but I have no idea who started them/makes them all. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
How much do you tip a pizza delivery person on a bill that's between $15 and $20?
I usually tip $4-$5, but I don't know if that's low or not
I just got contacts on Thursday... they're the kind you're supposed to leave in for two weeks straight, but my eyes always hurt really bad when I wake up in the morning. Is there a product I can put in my eyes at night that will keep them from drying out overnight?
1. Have you ever gone on a volunteer trip to another country? Tell me about it -- where was it, how long, & what did you do?
2. Do you know of any good websites that set up medical volunteering trips that AREN'T ministry-based?
3. What happened on the worst day of your life so far this year?
4. What area code do you live in?
Anyone here driven a Ford Five Hundred?
How's it compare to a Taurus (or a Mustang)?
I loved driving the Taurus, even though it looks like a boat, but I may end up in a Five Hundred as a rental for the next few days. Just curious.
1) I've recently been getting into the homebrew gaming scene, so what are some good homebrew games that aren't Cave Story (amazing), La-mulana (amazing), Lyle in Cube Sector (meh), or Within a Deep Forest (wow)? Sorry if this is a bit too off-the-wall.
2) What's a good Windows-compatible program like GarageBand for Macs? I.e., not FL Studio.
Does anyone do song dedications on the radio anymore?
Do you think it's cute or annoying?
Have you ever dedicated a song to anyone? Who? What Song?
Did anyone ever dedicate a song to you? Who? What song?
for those with contacts:
when you go swimming, do you leave your contacts in?
if so, can you open your eyes while under the water??
Do you still watch any t.v. show re-runs almost 7 times a week of a show that was canceled over a year ago?
What's a good way to get an elementary school-aged child to learn a second language?
I feel sort of dumb asking this, but I'm sort of lost. I posted an ad on Craigslist and got a response at my email. Now how do I reply to this response? The email it was sent from was a general Craigslist email. I sent a reply to that, but I feel like I was supposed to do it different. I tried looking in the help section of Craigslist, to no avail. I feel rather clueless, I've never posted on Craiglist before... help?
If you had a day to spend in Portland, Oregon, what would you do?
A few months back this counselor had recommended to me some kind of over-the-counter menopausal sleep aid but I can't recall what it was? Something like Melatonin or something along those lines? (Some kind of natural bodily something-or-other, I think.)
1. Have you ever found that you had more chemistry with someone who wasn't your boyfriend/girlfriend?
2. Best on screen chemistry in a tv show/movie?
I was always a buffy/angel fan.
3. How good/bad were/are you in chemistry in school?
i sucked. the only reason i passed was because my genius best friend sat in front of me haha
1. When you see people with unique haircuts or unnatural hair colors, do you think nothing of it, think its cool, or think what in the world are they doing?!
-I think it looks unique and hey, its their hair and they can color it any color they want. [wish my parents thought that way]
2. What is your all-time favorite movie?
What would you think if you saw a toddler with a mohawk?
Do you think the government should lower the drinking age? Why or why not? If so, what age should it be?
I have mixed feelings on this subject...I'm not sure how to answer this one.
EDIT: I'm talking about the American goverment where you have to be 21 to drink.
What should I wear tomorrow for my first day of work?
Dress code is "business casual", and I'm in the NW (since different regions apparently have different definitions of this?)
I have long slacks (tan or black), 3/4 length slacks (dark brown), business-type skirts (tan or black), and a ton of different buttoned shirts (short sleeve: black, white, black with white dots, green with brown dots; 3/4 sleeve: shades of blue/green striped, shades of magenta/purple striped, white, pastels striped). It's going to be in the low 80s tomorrow as well.
Okay. This is probably the longest of all longshot questions I've ever asked on this community, but I hope someone can help me. Alright, so it wasn't as much of a longshot as I thought. I should never have doubted you all!
Last night I went to a Darren Hayes (used to sing for Savage Garden) concert in Chicago. He was talking about how he hadn't been to the states in seven years, and he said "You know that thing that's happening to Kelly Clarkson? Well, they tried doing it to me and it worked."
What the hell was he talking about? I tried googling but I didn't really get anywhere.
Additionally (and this is probably a longshot too) was anyone else there? Is anyone else going to a different show of this tour?
How do I know whether to trill up or down?
(Musically, I am an oboe player.)
1. So yesterday I visited the Statue of Liberty for the first time on a field trip. Now I, as well as many of my classmates, were under the impression that the tablet Lady Liberty holds was engraved with a poem. However, it said July 4, 1776. So if that isn't the case, is there not a poem that has to do with the Statue of Liberty? I swear I've read books and heard in movies people say that something wasn't promised in Lady Liberty's poem for nothing. Or am I completely making that up?
2. I know the only way to truly lose weight is with a good diet and exercise, but they also recommend keeping a food journal, etc etc. But I'm a recovering bulimic and can't do the food journal and other tips because it's how I indulged in the disorder etc etc so I was wondering, is there a healthy way to lose weight without it ending up in a disorder again? I am overweight and my doctor says I need to lose about 10lbs to be in a healthy range and I would really like to achieve that. But I'm afraid it will become an obsession again. Any suggestions?
3. At the age of 17, I was laid off from one of my jobs yesterday. I was working two jobs, one at a daycare center and one at a call center. The daycare center is miserable so I was going to quit tomorrow since I finalized the summer hours at the call center. But the call center laid me off yesterday so now I'm unsure of what to do. I would like to look for another job, but I need three weeks in July off. Will I not be hired because I need all this time off? Should I wait to start a new job until August?
4. What makes you happier, polka dots or stripes?
5. Would you rather be hot or cold and why?
Good or bad thing?
Do you feel bad if you are one? Do you do it anyway?
1- Do you have XM, Sirius, or any other kind of satellite radio (in your car)? Do you like it? Is it worth all the money.
2- I think I'm going to trade in my vehicle. I currently have a '98 Jeep Cherokee and want something similar. What should I get?
Do you think you're a mermaid?
If no, what mythical creature are you?
Who do you think the most feared member of TQC is?
My manager mentioend a website where I can check my schedule, but never gave me the name of it. Nevermind!
Does anyone know where a Macy's employee can check their schedule online?
1. If I wanted to go about dyeing my pubic hair electric blue, how would I do that?
2. Would I have to buy special pubic-hair-dye?
3. Would I be able to find everything I need in major stores like Wal*Mart or Target?
I recently graduated from private school, and I have an over-abundance of uniform parts, (polo shirts and kilts).
They aren't really all in prime "give away to underclassmen" condition, considering I wore then for 4 years.
has anyone done anything creative with such items? Like in a diy t-shirt transformation, except with polos kind of way?
I have a lot, so I'd like to use them to experiment with making some new clothes with them, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to make?
For those who have used Corel Draw (version 11) on PC, what's your general opinion of it?
If you use a tablet, which would be best or would you recommend?
1. Does Prince Charles have a last name? Wiki says his full name is Charles Philip Arthur George but I think those are just all middle names.
2. My Norton randomly turned off the virus protection. I have 144 days left in my subscription and everything else is turned on (fire wall, email filter, etc) just not my virus protection. I can't for the life of me get it to turn back on no matter how many times I tell it to. What's wrong with my Norton? Is it sick? Does it need chicken noodle soup?
3. Have you ever seen Sunset Tan on E!?
Hi I am planning on starting an online store. It is going to be an online thrift store. I already have plenty of stuff to sell. I was wondering if anyone can give me tips or advice as to the best place to do this and if they think that something like this would be a success or a flop. Would those of you who shop at thrift stores be willing to shop at an online thrift store? Do you think it could work? Thanks
Did you get your wisdom teeth removed?
Why or why not?
...but what was the name of that one Tommy Page song from the early 90's? I remember the one "I'll Be Your Everything" but there was another one and when trying to think of the name I keep thinking of a phone or something so phone or call might be in the title but I can't remember. So yea anyone remember the song, or hell even the guy? Lol.
1. What are you doing right now?
2. Are you aware that #1 is my favorite question to ask?
3. Do you consider me a regular member of TQC yet?
4. Do you consider yourself a regular member?
What was the most significant thing you learned in high school? Could be socially, academically, or anything.
And why is this the most significant?
how long is marijuana detectable in urine for a one-time use?
can someone tell me something to cheer me up? I am very depressed
did anyone watch the Docu. "Shot in the Dark" that Adrian Grenier made on HBO?
if you did, was it any good?
2) Do you believe in aliens? And I do/dont mean, green guys with big heads.. but just something else living else whereother than on our planet earth.
What do you do if your mother hasn't shown up after her work has been closed since 9 (It's 12 am here, btw), and you can't get ahold of any of the people she works with or is friends with? Do you panic and call the cops? Just wait it out?
I honestly have no idea what to do.
EDIT: We found her. She had a small accident and didn't have a chance to call, but she's fine. Great way to get the heart beating, though.