|A little bit of everything
||[Jun. 17th, 2007|08:59 pm]
The Question Club
1. So yesterday I visited the Statue of Liberty for the first time on a field trip. Now I, as well as many of my classmates, were under the impression that the tablet Lady Liberty holds was engraved with a poem. However, it said July 4, 1776. So if that isn't the case, is there not a poem that has to do with the Statue of Liberty? I swear I've read books and heard in movies people say that something wasn't promised in Lady Liberty's poem for nothing. Or am I completely making that up?|
2. I know the only way to truly lose weight is with a good diet and exercise, but they also recommend keeping a food journal, etc etc. But I'm a recovering bulimic and can't do the food journal and other tips because it's how I indulged in the disorder etc etc so I was wondering, is there a healthy way to lose weight without it ending up in a disorder again? I am overweight and my doctor says I need to lose about 10lbs to be in a healthy range and I would really like to achieve that. But I'm afraid it will become an obsession again. Any suggestions?
3. At the age of 17, I was laid off from one of my jobs yesterday. I was working two jobs, one at a daycare center and one at a call center. The daycare center is miserable so I was going to quit tomorrow since I finalized the summer hours at the call center. But the call center laid me off yesterday so now I'm unsure of what to do. I would like to look for another job, but I need three weeks in July off. Will I not be hired because I need all this time off? Should I wait to start a new job until August?
4. What makes you happier, polka dots or stripes?
5. Would you rather be hot or cold and why?