June 16th, 2007
What songs are popular/on the radio these days? What current songs are out there that people like to dance to?
It would be really lovely of you to upload a track or two but just listing them would be extremely helpful! Thanks you, guys.
Something hip and trendy....
Also a book for shot making if you can recommend one.
Let's say you have an 18 year old voice student who sounds just like Joss Stone -- what other songs/artists would you consider to include in her curriculum? I'm throwing in Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Melissa Manchester, Aretha... that's all I've got.
Alternately -- favorite songs from a musical?
What are you currently digging musically, TQC?
I think Michael Buble may be one of them.
i've been out of high school for 3 years. in the almost 7 years since i started i have lost count of how many kids have died who went to my school around the time i did. i know it's at least 8. just this week 2 kids who were both juniors, i think, died in the span of 2 days. neither were related. one's brother was in my class.
1. Any ideas on what could be causing this, or is really just a case of standing up too fast?
2. I started drinking diet soda again last week after going without all sodas for roughly three months. Could aspartame have something to do with this?
Anyone? I really, REALLY want to find a copy. I think it may have been called Mouse Hunt or Mouse Trap or something... help!
2. I planned on going to my local library tomorrow, but upon checking their website I discovered that MTV will be having an open casting call there tomorrow. Does this mean there will be so many people there it won't even be worth going?
3. Is Hoboken, NJ shifty? Would a 19 year old girl be reasonably safe walking around Hoboken alone fairly late at night?
2. What are some of your favorite Golden Girls moments?
3. What are some of your favorite Designing Women moments?
4. What are some of your favorite Mama's Family moments?
( Collapse )
Let's hear em
Would it be out of line to invite people to go bowling on Fathers Day? It wouldnt be until 8pm.
What do you do on these types of days if you don't have a father or mother?
2. I really want to lose weight, but I have NO idea where to begin when it comes to exercise. Any tips for someone with no stamina? Even when I was skinny, I just was NOT a runner/jogger and always got tired very quickly. I do have a treadmill but don't know how long/often to use it or whats the best time of day to walk or when to gradually increase the workout for longer periods...
3. I'm on zoloft and while I'm not the most active person, I know it's made me gain quite a few pounds in very short period of time. Anyone know if it will affect how fast I lose weight?
So this question is for those of you in a long term relationship--if you are living together and/or married, please answer from before that. Men...uh, sorry, there's just more women in TQC. But I guess you can answer if you know your woman has gotten these questions.
As a woman in a relationship, I have been asked the following:
And finally, why do people feel the need to ask these questions? It just bothers me. I can give a half hearted response, but I wouldn't really go into great detail as to why I'm not doing any of those things. MYOB, people!
Pokemon DIAMOND... OR PEARL...?!
2) What is/was your favorite Nintendo game?
I just had a catnap and it was quite lovely, except for the woman who called, then I couldn't get comfy again. Don't worry, I didn't fall asleep too deeply!
If I get another box of red and layer it on top of that, will I end up with some nasty color, or a brighter red?
Also how about not just in 2 hours? Any natural things (ie no makeup) or good products to use over time/daily to help me have pretty skin? Also good lotions for other places besides the face.
Also: Would you rather have a parasite growing in your genitals or venus fly traps growing out of your eyes and nose?
ETA: I think I have HIV acne. what are some products to clear this up?
ETA: did you ever think I was a guy?
( Collapse )
My grandma always gets me weird things. For Christmas a year ago she bought me a tennis racket and some tennis balls... I do not play tennis nor have I ever showed any interest in playing.
2. When you find people interesting online are you curious about what they look like? (I cant figure out how to ask this question without it sounding weird.)
What can I use now to I guess coat the seams on the inside to make it able to hold water? I mean the glue itself holds it fairly well but I just 1: want to be doubley sure, and 2: want to fill in the chunks the glue didn't seal perfectly.
Any (cheap, plz) suggestions?
What's your reaction?
1. Do you indulge your SO in their particular fetish?
2. Is this matter strong enough to break up the relationship, or is it just sex?
What is it that makes British television programmes SO easy to spot when channel-flipping? What causes that distinctive "British TV" look?
What are the biggest differences regarding global warming in America and Europe?
Which do you feel has taken more action? (this one should be pretty obvious!)
Please be as detailed as possible, even down to the smallest things like light bulbs and recycling. Thanks!
You go out to dinner with your dad for Father's Day. Who pays?
Was the item ever found?
( Collapse )
1. Do you finish what remains of your lunch, or throw the whole thing away?
Upon closer inspection of the apple, there's a smudge of lipstick next to it of a really specific color. The only one in the office who wears that color is the boss' secretary.
2. Do you say anything to her? What do you do?
You happen to notice that in the fridge, there's a lunch bag with the boss' secretary's name on it. In it is a green salad and a yogurt
3. Do you do anything to her lunch?
1. Any ideas for cheap, tasty (preferably non-alcoholic, since I'm underage until March) drinks? Or stuff that I can add to water to make it tastier (I've been using the Crystal Light flavor thingies, and I'm getting kind of sick of them)?
2. Any other ideas concerning how to eat healthy on a budget? It has to be able to be prepared in a microwave or prepared cold, since I'm in a dorm (Therein lies the complication.)
2.Is just a phone call okay for a dad who lives out of town or is a card expected on Fathers Day?
What are some good books/series that you recommend for a n00b to fantasy fiction?
2. I've completely screwed up my sleep pattern in the past week. It's rare if I fall asleep before 5am now and the other night I actually stayed awake until 9am. How do I reset my sleep clock TQC?
Execution style or sniper? Either way works for me, really.
1) does anyone else overthink things sometimes?
2) how do you make yourself stop overthinking things?
What are your thoughts on bizarre old women on the internet pushing 30 that ask young teens to meet up with them?
What if said person kept insisting for months after you saying no?
What's your favorite artist, band, album, etc. and why are they your favorite?
And furthermore... Do you need a license and/or insurance to drive one? I have a license, but I'd like to avoid insurance if at all possible... at least it wouldn't be as much as car insurance, though...
ETA- okay, I can disable SSID broadcasting or password protect it. I have XP, I've looked around in the My Network Connections and tried to google how to disable SSID for a Netgear wireless router, but this must be more difficult than it sounds or I'm just retarded. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give more details?
ETA again- some of you guys have attitude problems. haha, every time I visit this place you guys get more and more bitchy. it never ceases to amaze me!
On an unrelated note- can you drive a standard transmission? If you can, do you prefer standard or automatic? I just learned how to do it yesterday and man, it's FUN. I've always loved driving, and I love driving standard more now because it's a more interactive experience. I definitely prefer it.
Would you rather (until you orgasm which will take 3 hours):
ETA: in case you guys are wondering, you don't REALLY have to do the option you choose. So vote away!
1. Get AOL Instant Messenger if you don't already have it.
2. At the bottom of your Buddy List, click the "Chat" button.
3. Change the chat room name to: thequestionclub
4. Invite your own screen name.
2)What's your favorite kind of homemade cookie?
3)While I was waiting for the train on Friday, some guy was reading the Bible out loud at the train station. And by out loud I mean just short of yelling. Do you think he was preaching or maybe that he was one of those people who can't read quietly to themselves? If you were at a train station reading a book aloud like that, which book would you read?
moshimishi named herself after her mom's cat which was named after the cat in Anne Frank's diary 'mushi,' but it's actually spelled 'mouschi.' She's had that username for 6 years.
It was only after I, the master of research, pointed out this error, that she knew.
Am I awesome or what?
I was trying to be a sneaky bitch and find info on a relative's blackberry, but it is password locked. I started using combinations of passwords they have given me for other stuff like their computer. Then I notice that there is a counter noting how many time's I've put in the wrong password. I'm up to 9/10, so I decided to google what happens when I do it wrong a 10th time.
--apparently this deletes EVERYTHING off the phone!--
so what I'm asking for help on is if there is a way to clear these attempts, so that when this person comes home they don't see that someone else tried to get into their phone. Is there???
What sort of thing does a young, hip teenage guy of today like myself wear for such a thing? =P
(Quick answers would be appreciated seeing as we have to be there in about 2 hours).
2) Do you find it ridiculous how the announcers have stats on everything?
I've just been informed by the announcers that the Boston/San Fran game is 1/0 right now. The San Diego/Chicago game ended at 1/0. The last time these two teams had matching 1/0 games was 44 years ago.
Who keeps track of this bullshit?
2. Someone told me a long time ago that, though well meant, charities building wells in poverty-stricken areas actually caused long-term problems. What sort of consequences could that person have been referring to? I am googling on the topic with no success.
2. if you haven't realized it, are you surprised to find about it in this post?
3. if you have realized it has this fact, at any point, ever bothered/disturbed/distressed you?
4. if you have found that TQC members are overly snarky, rude, and just generally unhelpful, what have you done about it?
edited because i fail at numbering.
I like Wendy's, and I usually get a Spicy Chicken Sandwich, and small french fries, and small coke. I love how HUGE their small cups are!
Edit: I'm pretty sure I found the problem. My mom had a phone cable running from a splitter to her cable box without a filter on it. I fixed it and the internet is working fine now. So I'm going to play iSketch.
Do people do this in real life? Is this just bad acting? Why would anyone think it's good acting?
Why is there a person whom I've only just met sleeping on my couch?
What makes caffeine free Pepsi taste gross-ish?
How hot was it where you are?
Where are you from?
( Collapse )
"prospective members" or "membership".
So, silly as it is, things like this matter to me. What's your opinion -- which is more clear? Is there a different word or phrase I should use?
2] Does anybody know when the NHL schedule for next season comes out?
what are some things that you know you shouldn't laugh at because you know they're terrible but they're so funny that you can't do anything but laugh? links plz.
edit: I'm a digital artist. Or, trying to be one.
the question is:
how does research satisfy man's needs?
thanks in advance! :D
Do you think it is fair the principal did this?
Also, how do you feel about cars that are covered in decals/bumper stickers?
2. Have you ever made crock pot oatmeal? If so, how was it? Which recipe did you use?
3. What school should I transfer to in the fall of 2008?
got it mainly for internet surfing, and the occasional older game and
But I'm finding windows vista sucks big time, and has less than 10%
compatibility with the older games and demos I've tried (nothing too
taxing, mainly 5 and 6 year old stuff, which run fine on a 500 mhz
p3..), So I was thinking of installing XP on it (have the full version
of xp home)
Just wondering if I'm likely to have any problems with the wireless
networking, trackpad etc there do appear to be XP drivers on the
where are you going?
what do you want?
what's something to keep in mind for the journey...
would you rather
2. What's your favorite piece of summer clothing?
3. Where can I find a cute, casual sundress? I've been poking around overstock.com, but would love a few store reccomendations.
2. It's a nice day. You have three good friends, a car, and live just north of San Francisco. What're you gonna do?
2. Does it annoy you when people put no thought whatsoever into naming a pet and just go with an extremely obvious and generic name (e.g. Kitty for a cat, Birdie for a bird)?
1. Yes; 2. Yes
I think I've gotten meaner, yes. x3
2. Does it bother you when people type like this?
Yes. You can't possibly be emphasizing all of those words in all of those ways.
What do you think of women who get impregnated during or right after college?
Obviously, both of these types of people are ridiculous, but I want to hear what you have to say (or rather, insult) them with. :)
EDIT: For reference, after giving birth a new newborn will exist. The father is going to work/college too. This was an unplanned pregnancy.
EDIT: Apparently this wasn't clear (I thought it wasn't implied), the father makes enough to support her if she were to be a stay-at-home-job.
I have wisdom teeth, but they're not coming up, so I've been told that I need to have them removed if they start hurting. Well, just recently, they have started to hurt to the point where I can't eat crunchy foods on one side of my mouth, and I'm beginning to realise I'll have to suck it up and get them taken out soon. The whole idea of having someone tear apart my mouth just gives me a huge case of the icks.
Not usually since I usually browse several sites while IMing.
2. How tall are you? Are you comfortable with your height?
I'm 5'8" and am fine with my height.
3. Do you have work tomorrow? If so, do you wish you had tomorrow off?
No. I'm glad I don't work on weekends.
Wtf is up with "Cirque Du Soleil"!?
I don't understand how it is moving or mildly entertaining in the least way...and I'm a huge theatre geek! It was so random and just...acrobatics on crack if you ask me.
Very few teachers ever got my last name right.
Verchota - Ver-ko-ta
edit- So by the time I posted this question, I didn't see the one under it. I suck.
What should my next major purchase be?
In your past experience with Digital Cameras, what's the best you've had?
In your past experience with MP3 players, what's the best you've had?
Would it be okay to buy these things used, or should I go 100% new?
Thank you for your time :D
And do you think it's fair to refill your cup at self-serve soda fountains? What about filling it, taking a gulp, and then topping off?
The day I graduated I made/uploaded a cheesy slide show of photos I took throughout high school. :)
Why do young people have nothing better to complain about than the fact they can't find twoo luv?
Questions inspired by a friend of mine who can do nothing but bitch about how she can't get any of that, and how no one cares about her and she's always left behind. Yet she couldn't find the time to thank me for taking her on a (free) trip to Disney World, or be there for me when I was having, you know, real issues, like dealing with death in my family. lulz!
My mother says I need more friends, but really, everyone I know is like that; is it worth it?
Am I being annoying yet? I swear I'm just really bored.
One last question: is it worth getting a job if right now if one is planning to quit in January (to move and get an out-of-state job) and is being supported by parents at the moment and making money on the side anyway?