Seriously, I need something that's not a girly purse, nor a backpack to carry around my stuff. Something like those things where one strap goes around the shoulder and it's a about 2-3x the size of a normal purse.
Guidelines: 1. It should be probably 2-4x the size of a normal old lady purse (which is on the bigger side). 2. It should be easy to carry and comfortable. If you have something fashionable that is two-straps that would be nice, but not a requirement. 3. It doesn't need to be super stylish or anything and I don't care about name brands. 4. It should be durable. 5. It should have various compartments, including several big open ones and various small ones. If you get pictures try to get ones showing the inside.
i'm not sure if these are idiomatic expressions. have you heard of these? do you know what they mean (without looking them up, of course)? i'm a native english speaker and some of these were new to me:
- call a spade a spade - carry the can - come a cropper - do a bunk - do one's nut - draw in one's horns - get the wind up - go by the board - go great guns - pip someone at the post - save your bacon - take the biscuit
There is a thread over on Postsecret about how gay men (or any men who've had sex with men, or any women who have had sex with a gay man) aren't allowed to donate blood to the Red Cross. One person mentioned how her fiance couldn't give blood because he was raped (by another man) when he was a child. That's horrible and ridiculous, but my question is: if you KNOW you're not HIV positive, you CAN just... um, lie, can't you?
So I've just gotten back into using Sonic Foundry Acid. I'm currently in between bands, which is annoying, but at least I still have something to make music with. It's been quite a while since I've used it, and my google searches were (of course) amazingly unhelpful. So:
1. Do you know of any good sites that provide free loops? Ideally these would be clearly listed and labeled, and packaged together (I have found a few sites, but the loops were poorly marked and only downloadable individually).
2. What is a good free program I can get to make loops? I used to use Taureg, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore.
3. Same as question one, but for samples.
I'd also be interested in programs/loop packs that can be purchased, but I'm specifically looking for free stuff I can get my hands on immediately. I'm in quite the music-making mood tonight, any help is much appreciated.
You're about to use a public bathroom for whatever call nature is demanding of you, when you're brushed aside by either Brad Pitt or Lindsay Lohan, who enters a stall and within minutes, you hear the cacophonic ugly sounds of pooping, which goes on for a while. You go about your peeing, and as you're cleaning up, you notice that the air is odorless. There is absolutely no poopy aroma in the air. None! It's like the room has been completely purified! It would be borderline flabbergasting if you really cared (I'm assuming you don't). The buildup to this nauseating question is:
1. Would this change your mind about celebrities who 'think their shit don't stink'?
edit: it's still not entirely proven if girls do, indeed, poop, so in theory, Lohan drops a deuce in this theoretical restroom
1. What is the proper way to address a widow? (Meaning Mrs. Lastname, Ms. Lastname, etc)
2. Do you take photos at funerals? How about gravesites? Why or why not? I never take photos at funerals. I took a couple of photos of my father's grave a couple days ago and felt really strange doing so. I don't know why, it just felt kind of crass.
3. Are you on good terms with your ex(es)? My ex is one of my best friends. We hadn't hung out for almost two years, and the other day we picked up as if nothing had happened (when, frankly, a lot happened. Our story could go in the dictionary as the definition of "bad breakup"). We've texted each other literally about 50 times in the past couple of days, and his girlfriend/fiance and I are good friends.
This person and this person are engaged. They're fifteen and sixteen. They've broken up and gotten back together several times, and their parents signed the papers for them to get legally married this summer. Thoughts?
Edit: She's not pregnant. Edit2: How old do you think is "just right" to get married?
Where could I find a chart that lists what the different pain releivers are supposed to do best? I know they list different ingredients, but I can't remember which ones are designed to be best for headaches, joint pain, inflammation, etc.
At my school, the computer system has a bunch of websites blocked so the students can't go on them. Sites include Facebook, YouTube, DailyMotion, Habbo, etc.
The teachers computers also have these sites blocked, but one of my teachers has a 'go-around' program that lets him access these blocked sites. If he told us what the program was he could get in a lot of trouble, so I was wondering if anyone here knows of such a program.
I recently got a laptop and I'm getting cable for my laptop today from Time Warner. I'm not exactly sure how it's supposed to work. Do I get wireless or just regular cable? Is someone going to come over my house to install something? Does it work the same way or differently like on desktop computers?!
If you're in a hellish amount of pain and no painkiller works, what do you do?
Is there anything you CAN do, or do you just suck it up and bear it? Do you go back to bed and hope you can sleep through it (assuming you don't have shit to do that day)? Do you curl up in a fetal position and cry? Do you work your ass off on something, hoping it will distract you enough from it?
I'm considering all of these options but haven't quite decided what I'm going to do. Buuut I DO have stuff to do today, so going to bed probably won't cut it... damn.
I'm going to Montreal on Thurs (yay!) and my grandmother has all kinds of ideas, one of which was a dinosaur that was made of plastic chairs. But she can't remember if it's in Montreal or not. I've tried Google, but I can't find it.
Do any of you know if there is a dinosaur made of plastic lawn chairs and if so, is it in Montreal?
1. For those of you with children, did their eye color change? If it did, when did it change? 2. Is the tqc_notebook ever going to happen? 3. Whats the last thing you bought online? 4. What did you eat for breakfast?
I want to make some scones and muffins today because I'm feeling all cheeful and domesticated, but we just had some guy come and put varnish on our front and back doors so the house smells like varnish.
Would this affect the quality/taste of the muffins and scones? Should I wait a few hours for the smell to dissipate before cooking?
Now, I don't normally eat chocolate. Mostly, because I was sure for years that it was causing my migraines. Today, however, I am in need of some chocolate. Thus, I plan on making a fun afternoon walk to the store and buying a chocolate bar of sorts.
1. What are your favorite book covers? Whether you like the actual book or not. 2. Are you looking forward to the Golden Compass/Northern Lights movie? 3. If you got the opportunity to travel into space, would you? Basically, I just want to know if anyone is freaked out by the concept like I am.
like all computers and programs, i've heard good and bad recommendations for windows vista. i wouldnt like an os that has too many problems or w/e but the thing is i'm only using it for a few programs. my question is thus:
-does anybody out there use windows vista for word processing, internet/email, and itunes? can you give me a recommendation on how well those functions work?
Is there something that a large number of people in your general area (not an organized group, just people) tend to do?
In my town, a lot of people will sing the song "Build Me Up Buttercup" when bored, or when there is a lull in conversation, or just entirely at random. I've actually asked people about it and no one has any idea why.
I've noticed that whenever I turn my central A/c on, I get rather dizzy in light headed within 30 minutes or so. Then when I turn it off, I feel back to normal in about an hour. At first I thought it might be carbon monoxide, but I have electric not gas in my house.
when my boyfriend and i talk, he spends a lot of the time watching my mouth. why? do i have bad teeth? is he checking to make sure i don't have anything between them? is he going deaf? is he distracted by my lip ring? or is it something more salacious?
1) I bit my tongue last night all the way in the back, and today my whole throat is sore. Why is that? 2) We have city water, and where the tap drips, there grows a pink mold. Is this dangerous? Should I alert the city? Should I avoid drinking the tap water? 3) If you have reflux, what do you take to help? 4) I am sleepy. Should I take a nap when the baby naps or should I do housework instead? 5) Do you have a Zune? Do you like it? Does it perform better than an iPod?
Do you know anybody who's ever been ripped off by a scam artist, like those guys who drive around in white vans offering discount speakers, or those dudes who will reseal your driveway with black paint and then disappear with your cash?
What's the most hilarious/stupid lie anyone's ever told about you?
In like mid-highschool someone once said that I only pretended to have heart problems so I had an excuse to not do drugs. Idk what the hell that means but lololol especially considering I did used to do them so.. why would.. I don't know. I still think about that and laugh sometimes.
Backstory: I worked at a national fast food chain (the one that is Scottish named), and one day my manager told me that they needed a head cashier at the store near by. I did not have a car at the time so she took me over there, and as I was getting ready for the shift I saw my manager leave with a box of tomatoes. I asked the manager at the location I was at, and he told me that they [my location] was short on tomatoes, and they [where I was now] needed a cashier that they did a swap to cover the shift. I had been traded for a box of tomatoes, that really makes you feel special!
What has been the most humiliating thing that has ever happened to you at work?
If you were applying for a job and wanted to show writing examples, would it be acceptable to use published articles that you ghostwrote but have someone else's name on them? How do you show that you actually were a ghostwriter and not trying to pass someone else's writing off as your own?
I have a new (to me) vaccuum cleaner. But I can't use it. I need to put on the new fan belt, but ... alas, the last screw that needs to come off is freakin' stripped all to hell. I've tried everything.
What do I do to get this screw off? It's in a cramped, annoying area, too. :(
1. What did you name your car? 2. How did you come up with that name? 3. What other non-living things have you named?
1. My first car was Bonnie. I'm trying to come up with names for my new one though. 2. She was a Bonneville, so Bonnie seemed to fit perfectly well. I'm having some trouble coming up with something for an Accord though. 3. None.
Did you ever intend to "do things right" with your significant other and try to not have sex until you're married and then you end up not being able to do that and then feel horribly guilty afterwards?
Do you get really attached to those you have sex with?
Does having sex with somebody make breaking up with them more painful for you?
Did you come from a household that is really puritanical about sex to the point where you feel really uncomfortable with it?
Do you try to follow your religion's decrees about this thing?
Do you end up being torn apart by guilt when you break those rules?
Do you suffer from thinking too much and driving yourself batshit crazy?
Okay, I know the posts are close together and similar, but it seems like we had fun chosing the best gemstones! I loved the feedback - so I narrowed it down some more to some much prettier rings, I think. Still opal. If you're game check em out, lemme know what you think. Um, so whaddya think?
TQC, Rudezombie's last question rekindled my anger at my boyfriend for being a dick for four months this one time. It was a situation that, when I asked you all last year what I should do, got responses like "put nair in his shampoo" and "burn his things."
The situation has been pretty much resolved since and we're back together, but at the moment I feel frustrated with the remnants of the anger and drama that are still around even today. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO RELIEVE THIS FEELING? EXTRA POINTS FOR SUBTLENESS.
No vry srs answers plz. Can't put nair in his shampoo cause he uses mine. Burning things can't be done.
1. Why won't Alltel send me my damn phone bill? Are they trying to get me to pay for their tacos and midget strippers or something, by only allowing me to pay the un-itemised online bill? Or am I just needlessly paranoid and/or money-grubbing?
2. Do you know where I can get any matte-black nail polish? I don't want the super-glossy stuff, and that's all I ever see. I like my sparkly dark blue polishes now, but it's nice to have something that goes with more than just dark blue.
3. Name my kitten? He's black with green eyes. I'm considering Zombi or Gollum, since he is sort of funny-looking. Opinions?
4. Do you know how to tell if cans of food have botulism, aside from just whether or not it's dented or bulging? EDIT: I mean like, once you open them/if they're not dented. All I could find online was how to tell if you have botulism yourself.
1- Have you ever had to train someone for your job? If so, how'd that go? 2- Are you usually the one who breaks up your relationships, or the one who gets dumped? 3- Why must baby animals be so damned cute? Is it to trick me into almost getting them? 4- What is your favourite thing to do/see in a museum? 5- Where's your head at?
Mine: 1- Doing that now. While running the office. My limited sanity is on a break, definitely. 2- Usually I'm the one tossed. I find it too hard to kick someone to the curb, sigh. 3- Yes. :( 4- EVERYTHING. Seeing stuffed animals ready to attack wins though. 5- Floating at the ceiling.
1. What store is closest to your house? What kind of store is it? Wawa. A convenience store.
2. Have you ever accidentally called a phone sex number? How long did it take you to realize? I was trying to call this place but dialed 800 instead of 888. It took me like 30 seconds, at first I thought some guys are just really into tools.
3. I just got back from the grocery store and realized I was wearing two entirely different shoes. Do you think anyone noticed? I hope not. I find both of them to be a bit ugly on their own, but I like them.
Based on your past training and experience, why do you feel that ******** should consider you for this position?
I'm filling out a job application and I'm on the last page. I've already listed all my damn skills and whatnot on the previous pages (so I have nothing new to add), and it won't let me go back. Brain is numb after 40985039458 hours working on said app. Plz advise.
Bonus points for something outlandish and bold like "You'd be a damn fool not to hire me!" Except better.
Edit: Why is my text all funny? What did you do to it!? Or is it just weird on my computer? Nevermind. I was somehow in the rich text thingy.
1. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 and I had to restart it and now I can't use my touchpad to scroll. I try to get the little icon back on the taskbar, but it won't show up. I really hate having to use my arrows to scroll, I love being able to scroll with the touchpad. Does anyone know how I can get this back? Edit Please, no comments about how my computer sucks. I've heard it all
2. How many songs do you have in whatever music player you use? How many GB? I recently deleted over 2,000 songs, now I have 5685. 35.29 GBm
Hello TQC, How do you write about poetry? And how do you understand Edgar Allan Poe? helpful websites? My exam's in about 15 days and I'm still in deep waters - I'm not clear about most things and I don't really know how to start to get to know them. Help me please!
PS : I have tried doing assignments and things but I just keep failing them...and I really tried very hard. So, maybe I'm just not gifted in this area. :(
How do I make my new cats stop pooping two feet away from the litter box instead of in it? They came to me trained, and mostly use the box, but when I go to sleep, they decide that it's time to poop on my floor. Is it just because I'm asleep and not watching, or what?
I teach a grade 9 student Leadership option class (it's like student council, basically). I want to show them a movie or two in the last couple weeks of class since we won't be planning or executing any student events during the last few weeks of school.
Requirements: 1) Must be PG-13 or lower (I don't mind some swearing and violence, but nudity and explicit sexuality is a no go) 2) Should have a theme of leadership
1. Is there a difference between a dork, nerd, and geek? My guy friends were debating it the other day and I was wondering what other people thought.
2. If you met a guy, and were pretty into him, would it be a turn off if you found out that he owned a comic book store?
3. Now that school's ending this week (FINALLY!), I need to make sure that I've seen all the coolest movies of 2006. What movies should I be SURE to add to my Netflix so that I can watch them over the summer?
I just made a new screen name, and AIM is being a little bitch. Every time I sign on the new screen name, it tells me there's an error, and it has to close. Now, it won't even let me sign on. However, all my other screen names work at the moment.
Is this screen name the spawn of the devil? Why is it acting a fool?
So, I'm looking for a good, reputable online store that sells realllly sexy lingerie other than Victoria's Secret (I don't think VS really qualifies as really sexy lingerie though, pfft). Suggest me some places?
What's the funniest thing you've witnessed lately?
I was at a barbeque/party with my boyfriend and he was telling a story about his friend face planting, and right as he got to that point, his shorts just dropped to the ground. i still laugh when i think about it.
The bulb in my fridge just went out. I didn't even know that could happen, but makes sense. How do I change the bulb? I've looked at the Kenmore and Sears websites, but I can't find anything about what bulb to use. Can I just use a small light bulb? and do I have to unplug the fridge?
I do plan on calling Sears tomorrow, so this is just info so I know what to ask about.
I'm usually a t-shirt and ripped jeans/ shorts tom boy in the summer so wanted to go a bit more frilly this summer and this is a v good fit and quality. But what would you wear with it... shoes and bottoms and colours?
What type of flea preventative should I use? My 2 dogs and 2 cats have fleas like CRAZY (I blame the neighbor cat coming and chilling out on my porch) I was wondering what formula people were recommending these days. I know that formulas get tired and some summers one works better than the other.
What do you use? do you find the flea/tick one less effective than exclusively flea formula? have you ever tried Revolution? have you used the frontline spray? did you find it effective (we've used it for our cat, because she can't have things directly on the back of her neck)
Last time we used frontline on our Boston Terrier, her flea infestation didn't go away and she ended up on steroids because the flea bites were causing BLISTERS :( we don't really have a tick problem here so I'm not sure I care if they are protected against them, but everyone has fleas.
Has anyone here traveled in Costa Rica on a guided tour? If so - and you enjoyed your tour company - can you tell me the name of the tour group you went with? I'm looking to go later this summer or in early fall for 7 or 8 days, and I'd prefer to research tour companies that come recommended.
The clock said exactly 7:34am when I was woken up by a horrible noise that sounded like a continuous foghorn that was inside my room. It was so loud, that before I was fully awake I actually thought I was back living in the St. John's University Queens Campus dorms, where the fire alarm went off literally six+ times a week and that it was going off right then.
I looked around for the source of the loud, continuous sound and pinpointed the surround-sound speakers I'd hooked up to my PS2 a year ago. They were blaring feedback noise at FULL VOLUME. I turned them off but that didn't phase them at all. I finally had to find the wires and desperately yank them all out simultaneously for them to finally completely shut off.
My question is - WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?
I know electronics malfunction but I've honestly never heard of that happening. Now I'm afraid to touch them because I'm a moron and think they're possessed or something.
On a lighter note, in the third song (Synasthesia by Junkie XL) on THIS page is he singing "I'm eight months pregnant!" or am I just letting myself believe that because I'm amused at something like that being screamed by a man to upbeat techno music?