May 21st, 2007
Thank you all very very much :)
I know it's a swampy field, smartass. It's the white, vaguely humanoid blob thing that interests me.
( Collapse )
I took this and about 200 others while on vacation, a lot of them from the car while we were driving. I want to say it's the reflection of my fat thigh in the window but I got a few others with that fun feature and they don't look like this. No changes have been made except resizing.
I don't really think it's anything paranormal, so what the hell is it? Serious and non-serious replies welcome.
I didn't even consider this until I was filling out the forms for card B and they had a box where you could check whether this was replacing an expiring card or not.
It's a VISA, if that matters.
What was your first impression of your S.O?
What was their first impression of you? (If you know.)
for me its "Mother We Just Can't Get Enough" by the new radicals.
EDIT: It doesn't HAVE to be a feel good song : )
Anyways, I am looking for books of this sort - ones that are interesting but tie in a bit of medical drama or something with them. Any suggestions?
2. What is the biggest obstacle you've ever overcome?
Oncoming car. As you approach eachother, other car flicks brights at you- When you already have your brights off.
What do you think?
Any different if the other car maybe flicks the lights twice?
And, where did you learn to drive?
( Collapse )
A. Bambi is told that his mother is dead
B. Simba finds his father's dead body
C. Koda learns that his mother was killed by Kenai
What other sad moments from animated films can you think of?
i have itunes. and i have limewire. i have all my music on limewire. it comes up in the "shared" music section on itunes. (i have to delete limewire from my computer because the school i'll be living at next month checks our computers first and makes sure we dont have any file-sharing programs.) how do i get all my music into my itunes library? and then how do i get it onto my ipod?
2. Do you ever go out of your way to do them?
3. Do you think doing a bunch of small things that are outside my comfort zone would benefit me in anyway?
Basically I was trying to make a list of small things I'm not comfortable with that I could do over the summer, in hopes that doing them would in some way benefit me. I'm having trouble making a sizable list. I know there are a ton that I just can't think of until I encounter them.
Have any of you done this? How did it go? Was it weird sleeping in the same room with a stranger? Was it hard to find someone?
Is there anyone in TQC that you know personally?
Do you suppose many hollywood celebrities use class A's that we aren't aware of?
2. Have you ever been in a situation where you had a friend confess they like you as more than a friend, and you had to turn them down? What was the story?
3. Do you spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about someone?
4. Do you have any friends who you are insecure because they think they're unattractive, unfortuntely you can't reassure them because as much as you love them.. they are.
1. Eh, I guess so. It really surprised me about KK actually.
2. Yeah, it's all awkward now. I don't want to see him at all incase he gets the wrong idea. This isn't one of those crushes you sometimes develop on your friends apparently. This is "I am in love with you, i've always adored you. I've always pictured us ending up together"
So.. how can I go back to being friends, knowing he's never really wanted me as his friend?
3. Yes. My boy in Aus. Like ALL the time. I can't stop. It's frustrating me immensely. rawr.
4. Yes. Oh I love this one girl to bits but she's so down on herself. It's not like I can say 'Don't worry Elle, it's what's on the inside that counts' because that would be like agreeing with her... and I can't say 'but you're gorgeous' because that would be lying...
Grr, for those of you familiar with it, I am using verison 184.108.40.206U.
I'm trying to do my own editing in HTML, but it contunues to only display things as it would the final product (only shows it like it would appear in my journal after I've posted); Therefore not reading any HTML I put in.
Anyone know how to fix this?
All set, thank you ^_^
1. with you receiving, who would you choose?
2. with you giving, who would you choose?
3. if you could swap the receiver and/or giver for a given act without them knowing, what would you do?
stds pre-checked but good hygiene is not mandatory
you can choose multiple people at once
machines are allowed instead of people
dont be racist
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Coffee doesn't do much for me when I'm this tired.
2. How are you doing?
3. What did your breakfast consist of?
4. Have you ever read the entire bible?
5. Where would you rather be?
( Collapse )
I was going the proper speed limit and signalled properly and all that jazz. There were no cops (which wouldn't make sense since he was BEHIND me). I merged correctly onto the highway and there was plenty of space between us.
What do you think his problem was? Do you think he liked my liberal bumperstickers? Hated them? Didn't like that I was talking on my cell phone? (it's legal in my state)
Why is my left nostril stuffed up?
Can someone be a troll without having a sockpuppet journal?
I keep hearing about 'May Gray' and in a few weeks they'll be talking about 'June Gloom' here.
in regards to YOU..
2) what are you confident about?
3) what are you insecure about?
How much do you plan on spending on your wedding? (if you're not married and plan to)
~rings not included~
1. Does your Monday suck already? What time is it?
*There's only one way to get around the construction on my way to work, and they just put in a "no left turn" sign at the road I'd turn left on to avoid the construction. I totally didn't see it, as I've lived in this area my entire life and have been turning left onto that road for months, and the cop was sitting right there in a parking lot off of the road I turned left onto, waiting for some innocent commuter to not notice the major change in their daily route. At least he gave me a break and didn't give me the 3 points on my license. Although, a warning would have been nice, as (besides speeding) I tend to be a very cautious, "goody-two-shoes" kind of driver.
2. Wanna guess how much my ticket is going to be for "impeding traffic?"
3. If you've ever received a traffic ticket, what was it for?
4. If you've received more than one, what was the highest amount you've had to pay, and what was the offense?
5. Any other horrible crimes you've committed that you'd like to get off your chest?
6. Why do some people insist on bringing their disobedient/un-socialized dogs to festivals, then get really angry when it jumps up on people, or doesn't want to walk on its leash, etc.?
1. Have you ever heard the song Sixth Sense by Common?
2. Have you ever heard the song The Kids by Jamiroquai?
it has been brought to my attention that BJs can increase the risk of throat cancer more than smoking. ..and all this time i've been avoiding smoking as to lengthen my lifespan. i guess i shouldnt be dating boys.
so, TQC, any thoughts? feedback? is your behavior worth potential risks? after reading the article will you change your smoking/BJ habits?
original source: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11819-oral-sex-can-cause-throat-cancer.html
How do you cure your hangovers?
Is it "a LJ" or "an LJ"? I go with "an" because if you pronounce LJ it sounds like el-jay, so my mind automatically puts an "an" in front.
What is their name?
Do you treat them like a baby?
A balinese cat.
What is your age/where are you from?
(This is one of those things that I thought was "common" knowledge that I'm discovering isn't as common as I thought.)
Know of any good travel tip podcasts?
mine is the Cliff Hanger, then Plinko. who doesn't love Plinko?
ETA: do you have any fun Price is Right stories, like the person below with their cat? maybe you were in the audience?
my friend and i used to skip school in the mornings in high school now and then to stay at my house to eat a doughnut and watch The Price is Right. one time my mom even called in sick for us. also, i had a boss once who went and he kept his name tag at his desk. he was kind of a douchebag but he sounded just like Kelso on That 70s Show.
Do you think this was legit? Am I gonna get towed in North Philly? Am I gonna get a whopping parking ticket?
Most people with a gun tend to aim for the main trunk of the body. For some really odd reason it never occurs to anyone to shoot a body in the head first. You destroy the brain and a the zombie dies, unless it's a Marvel Zombie cuz then you gotta be really thorough, which leads to my really wonky question:
Who do you think would win: Predator versus Zombie Predator?
( Collapse )
Do you think they can restore it after this? (Read the story in the link.)
Is there a rule about what kind of music they can play?
Do they have to pay royalties for playing that music?
What about elevator music?
2. When you're home alone, do you strip down to get comfortable? Do you ever go out without underwear (bra and/or panties) because it's more comfortable?
3. Have you ever/do you use the bathroom with the door open? Are you comfortable using public facilities?
4. When getting intimate with your significant other, lights on or off?
5. How comfortable are you with body exposure/nudity of others? Group shower rooms?, topless/nude beaches?, breastfeeding in public?
Do you wear short shorts?
What is your favorite kind of cheese?
I tried Babelfish and got a bunch of question marks... not really helpful.
You're a writer for "insert name of some magazine here" and you've been asked to write a piece titled "How to ________", what do you write about?
ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, lets imagine TQC is a magazine.
2. who do you appoint editor-in-chief?
3. what position do you want to take? (fashion, sports, financial, etc)
4. what's the headline going to be on our debut issue?
5. who are some of the biggest *~stars*~ that we interview for our magazine?
6. what's our slogan?
If so, please elaborate.
At a 2 way stop car A gets there first and is turning left then car B gets there and is going straight both cars have to wait on traffic when it is clear to go who has the right of way?
People not in the SFBA: How often does LJ/Six Apart go down for you?
So, when LJ goes down again (as I'm sure it will again today) and I can't read my usual suspects, what are some good NON-LJ sites for snarkiness and amusement? Work-safe, of course. I usually spend lunch reading ohnotheydidnt or stupid_free.
What do you all think about this issue?
2. Is there something you regret not saying to someone because you lacked the courage to do so? What keeps you from telling them now?
3. (inspired by the big customers_suck and s_f controversy) If someone posts where they work either in their personal journal, a community, or their user info, is it their fault if their employer is contacted by another user? Or is that blaming the victim? Or are they both equally at fault?
I got up this morning to a page error, and no file upload. :-( I used sendspace. Do you think video files are better/eaisier to upload if they are zipped, or should I just try again?
ETA: you think it would work better as a torrent? I could maybe try to do that as well. I'm just thinking of all options. :-)
1) Would you do it?
2) What would you do first?
2) Pee standing up (if it was the winter, I'd write my name in the snow)
Thanks a bunch TQC!
What do you share, who do you share it about, and why did you chooose that person?
2. If you're wearing pants and you have to take a pee/shit by sitting on the toilet, do you drop your pants all the way to the floor, or just to your thighs/knees?
3. Why do (some) cats like to follow you in to the bathroom and like, rub on you and purrrr and love on you when you're taking a piss/shit? WTF is that about?
Now I'm aware most people don't care. It's just that I'm so damn bored! I really don't know if I should cut it or not and I'm afraid I'm going to get stupid and impulsive and cut it all off. But...change...good...change... *sleeps*
Oh, and I guess I'll ask what everyone's favorite conditioner is.
2) What noises can you hear right now?
What can I do to get motivated, TQC?
From your experiences, which sex do you think is more intelligent?
From your experiences, which sex do you think is funnier?
From your experiences, which sex do you think is nicer/more cordial/sweeter/etc?
From your experiences, which sex do you think is more trustworthy?
Would you rather work in an office of women or men?
for example, claiming you are a sockpuppet when you are not or when that rainman3000 humping bunny guy said he bought someone a paid account and someone else had actually purchased it.
2. what's your favorite muller corner flavor? (caution: this question contains yogurt-centrism and dairy-based oppression of those members of TQC who do not live in the uk or ireland)
3. do you like the new-fangled juicy fruit flavors?
4. do you consider yourself to be a member of a diaspora community?
Why does this girl I have never spoken to make puppydog eyes at me? Have I somehow offended her, being an older student apparently snubbing her? Is she a lesbian lusting after my hot body?
How do I make her stop with the staring?
TQC, you know what is expected of you...
what's something that you find yourself having to repeat over and over again because people like to assume a certain something about you?
2) Anyone on LJ you can't stand?
1) The usual...
2) I don't know if she's still using LJ, but bebewood. SHE is batshit.
I did not contact my dissertation supervisor at all since he was assigned a month ago. I received a rather unsettling email from one of the administrators today, inquiring to why I have not contacted him and urging me to do so.
What do I say to him? Do I blame it on a technical error? Or, do I just take responsibility for my actions and inform him that in the process of getting everything settled it slipped my mind and mention that he feels I'm an unfit candidate for supervision to drop me?
What is the last irresponsible act you committed?
When you go clothing shopping, do you help the cashier remove the hangers to make the process go faster? I do, and today I received a look of annoyance for it.
2. Where are you attending?
3. What are you studying?
Do you like to answer questions that require a lengthy response?
Do you still live at home?
How old are you?
What should I get my dad for Father's Day?
Also, do you think it would be awkward seeing Lewis Black with my father? Chances are if I got him tickets I would be going with him. I'm not really familiar with Lewis Black so I'm not sure if it's one of those things that would be very uncomfortable for me. Would it be weird if I got him just 1 ticket and he could go by himself?
EDIT: I got him 2 Lewis Black tickets. If it's really awkward I'll never have to do it again.
What is one thing someone can say to you that's guaranteed to upset you/get you all riled up? (Not necessarily only on the internet, just in general..)
Also, do you like Clint Eastwood better as a cowboy or as a cop?
2. What's the coolest thing you've won?
[Error: Database handle unavailable at /home/lj/cgi-bin/LJ/User.pm line 346. @ sf-lj-web001]
What do I do to make it go away!?
I like all music similar to this song. So if you've heard the song, what are some other music recommendations for me?
Everything is linked to where it's from, so if for some reason you want to buy it or something, just click on it. Some of the URLs were too long for polls so I had to use tinyurl.com.
( Collapse )
1) Ramen eaters only! I have noticed that no two people eat Ramen the same. How do you like your Ramen (edit: Do you add stuff? Do you like it soupy? No water? Half-cooked?)?
2) I basically live off of rice, and I get sick of it easily. Any cool stuff I can do with it?
3) Would you date someone who has a tattoo of their ex's name (bonus points if there are hearts/roses/other similar designs around it)?
I really like Martin Gore (from Depeche Mode) a lot. Dino Merlin is also brilliant. Every time I learn more Bosnian I end up appreciating his songs more. ;)
1) Is there a word to call people who are obsessed with grammar? Grammaticians or something similar?
2) Is it correct to say "in the hopes" or "with the hopes"?
ETA: I don't have a sentence in mind - if both in #2 are okay but in different contexts, can you give examples of each in a sentence?
Can you sing well?
Do you get nervous speaking in public?
Do you make voice posts ever? If so, do you get nervous making them?
What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
What is your best feature physically?
Do you feel that you are close to your siblings, why, why not?
What did you do when you graduated highschool?
What's your opinion of the show?
Who's your most liked/hated character?
Isn't this slightly ridiculous?
We've been friends since we were seven. Her mother knows that I'm a responsible person. I would never drive drunk or anything and my favorite activities to do with my friend include sitting on my couch and talking until 2 in the morning and going to vegetarian restaurants.
Why must her mother always make me feel like a bad person for asking her to spend the night when I can only see her a couple times a year, anyway?
What is your favorite fairy tale?
When you got/get married, did/will you change your name, hyphenate it, keep it, or something else?
What is your gender and sexual orientation?
The floor covering in my kitchen is lino which is white in colour. I put a carrier bag on the floor and somehow (and I haven't a clue how) some of the ink has transferred onto the lino. How the hell do I get it off? I have scrubbed it with some cleaner but it won't budge. Any help is greatly appreciated :)
It's black with little bits of white on his nose, paws & belly.
We THINK it's a boy, but they were just born a couple days ago, so it's hard to tell... (at least for me it is)
I like Ollie, Samson, Binks, Star, Stone, Phoenix & Hendrix for boys, and Abby, Lilly, Mae and Tess for girls (just incase). What do you guys think? Any other suggestions?
What did you do today that you are most proud of?
hey parents: my child is crankier than ever and crying much more high pitched. i cant figure it out and just want her to take a nap. help.
OH and do you have your children on a sleep schedule? how old were they when it finally worked? what did you do?
Favorite type of sushi?
Have you ever gotten your face drawn at a art fair/saturday market/etc?(*edit* not painted, but you sitting for the artist and he sketches you on paper)
How difficult would you say it was (a plus if they weren't romance languages)?
Would it be a bad idea to study German and Ancient Greek at approximately the same time (in addition to maybe 2 other courses)?
If you have German and Romanian blood in you - and you have olive skin - which one of these would that come from?
andandandand. I had another question I wanted to ask, but I forgot. Daaaamn.
Also! Not a question, but in my German class we watched Europa Europa. We saw Solly get circumsised after he was born (weird to watch). Then, when he was pretending to be a German during WW2 and he wanted to hook up with the crazy Nazi girl, he tried to UN circumsise himself with a safety pin! The whole class let out a big "WTF?!" It was really gross.
2. Are there too many computer animated movies lately? It was all new and shiny when Toy Story came out, and Shrek was cool, but now the novelty has worn off and it's just annoying and tacky and cheap, IMO.
3. What artistic thing have you made or done recently? Pics plz, if available.
2. Let's say you're not seeing anyone and someone who you are not interested in but think may be interested in you asks if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend. Would you say no or lie to try to avoid them possibly asking you out?
There is one spot of my hair that the dye has NEVER taken to. Meaning, it dyes ALL of my hair except for this one circle spot by my forehead, which stays my natural color (I guess, it's been awhile, don't really remember).
It's not the whole strand of hair though, only about an inch from the scalp. So it's like an inch in diameter and an inch in height? Does that make sense?
ANYWAY. My question: what's up with that? Why won't this one spot dye??
Is it effective?
Why do chicks use it and guys don't?
If you do, what's your favorite flower/plant to grow? Why?
I am 22 years old. I have had 2 jobs, both in an office. I am sort of shy. Would I survive in retail?
I noticed recently that they keep crawling into the cordless phone - I thought they were just crawling around there, until today. I noticed the LCD screen seemed a bit dark on one side. I thought, since it's an old phone, "oh, the light's just going out."
Except - I just realized, upon closer examination - it's ants. A big clump of ants darkening half of the lcd screen, and a few stray ones.
Can we say EWWWW??
Question is: Have any of you ever seen anything like this?
What the hell???
What should I wear?
( Collapse )
If not, what's the deal?
2. What remade movies do you hate?
3. What do you think about Cannibal Holocaust being remade?
1. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), Cape Fear (1991)
2. Planet of the Apes (2001), The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
3. Possibly the worst idea for a remake I have ever seen. I thought it was a joke, but I guess it is actually being remade :/
( Collapse )
2. If someone recommended a song to you with offensive lyrics would you assume they endorsed these lyrics, so to speak?
3. Do you judge a song by its lyrics?
4. If you realised a song you really liked had racist/homophobic/something you don't agree with lyrics would you still like/listen to the song?
Can someone explain?
2. What are your favorite type of M&M's?
3. What should I pretend I have to do tomorrow to get out of meeting with the "business partner" of a "friend?" I really don't feel like wasting my money investing in their "business."
What would be a good 'the' for him?
Insurance fraud?? y/n
I know it's "mandatory" that they charge if for every boy birth, but ummm... that's $250 that a doctor was paid for something that didn't happen!
2. I have a 17 year old friend who was up until yesterday dating a 13 year old. I enjoyed making fun of him, after he ignored my honest attempt to convince him it was… not good. Today I made a joke about it, and he yelled “I broke up with her yesterday, you bitch!” Did he have the right to get mad? (Keep in mind I tease all of my friends, so it wasn’t anything unusual.)
3. Do you like your body?
4. Do you like your parents?
5. How many internet windows do you generally have open?
6. What do you do if someone says “I love you” when you’re dating, but you don’t think you’re quite to that point? And if you have issues with saying it?
EDIT: I forgot my answers.
1. I think one or two years is reasonable for younger people, and it gets much bigger as you get older.
2. I guess, but maybe not quite so much.
Any tips on how to get over the fear of rejection and tell someone you like them?
Also, what's a super awesome thing that has happened to you this past weekend?
Me - I freakin graduated and raked in over $1000 in monetary gifts. So that was super awesome to me!
Thanks in advance!!
in case you haven't seen it:
( Collapse )
2. Do Americans or non-Australians in general use the word 'uni' (in place of the word university) at all? If you do, where are you from? I have heard an odd rumour that Americans don't really use the word.
3. I constantly use the phrase "I for one welcome our _______ overlords", because I saw it on the Simpsons. (According to wikipedia, this is where the phrase originated.) What are your favourite variations?
4. I have been told that I am completely weird and insane because I am 23 and have gone my entire lifetime without ever having watched ghostbusters 2. Am I missing out? Is the film a paragon of greatness? Should I watch it? I trust tqc people to tell me the truth of the situation.
Giant spoilers in the comments, obviously.
What are some obstacles you and your S.O have had to face/overcome together? (If any)
What is something your S.O does that never fails to put a smile on your face/cheer you up?
What is something your S.O does that never fails to annoy you?
What did your parents think of your S.O when they first met?
Is that really a quote by Hitler, or did they make that up for "The Life of David Gale"?
Do you agree with the quote? If no, would you agree with it if Hitler hadn't said it?
So, what would you do if you could have your own? It doesn't have to be genitals, but those would be extra funny.
I'd get a giant, dismembered floating penis. I'd use it sort of like a tether ball and punch it so that it swings and hits someone in the eye.