Do you ever wonder if everyone is actually seeing different colors? Does it bother you? Like they way I see pink is the way Kelly sees blue. Like Kelly's blue = my pink. How do we know we are seeing the same colors, or is there no way of knowing, or maybe we aren't? Does this make any sense? Can you tell what I'm trying to get at? If so, could you suggest a better way to word this?
When my grandmother was alive I tried explaining it to her many times but she never had any idea wtf I was talking about. My dad knows what I'm talking about but it doesn't bother him at all and for some reason it really bothers me.
EDIT: Do you ever wonder if we interpret colors differently?
First off, no one rides for free. Whatcha got for me?
Like Rose McGowan, you've lost your leg in an unfortunate zombie attack (is there ever a fortunate zombie attack?). Oh noez! The good news is that the zombies were vanquished. Now what device will you use as your new leg?
The Simpsons and ATHF are both cartoons that have been turned into feature-length movies. What should the next cartoon movie be?
Ice Cube used to be in NWA. Now he's in sappy family movies like 'Are we there yet?'. How much street cred does he have left?
I recently gave up trying to reconcile with a friend who obviously didn't care anymore :(
I just found the old link in my favorite places. It was a lot of fun...
As a disclaimer, I'm not against abortion, at all..
But would you be against it if a 20 year old girl told you she was having her fourth abortion? If it was your place, what would you tell her?
A girl I know is going for her fourth abortion. Honestly, even though I'm not against it, I personally don't even know if I could even face one abortion.
Also, if you've never had an abortion, and you weren't against it, would you yourself get an abortion (if you were in the situation of being pregnant and not being able to take care of the child)? Why or why not?
Alan got married and a really bad haircut.
It looks pretty much like this: except the lines are all one pixel thick rather than the weird thicknesses I gave them. I just want to know I'm not wandering around with a pokemon named 'Asshole' in Japanese or something. XD Help?
Also, in an entirely different subject - When/if you let your nails grow out, what do the tips of the nails look like? Are they mostly see-through, or are they sort of white and more opaque?
( Collapse )
2. Also, why do people think that most women who have abortions are horribly emotionally screwed up by it?
1. They like to judge people. And hey, they would "never have an abortion" even though theoretically they support choice. Not that they've had to actually consider what 9 months of pregnancy would do to their bodies and their mental state. Nor do they think about the impact of raising a child on their lives.
2. It's part of judging the women. By positing this emotional impact, they can then feel superior to them. I have had an abortion, and it has had no significant impact on my life. I know more women who had depression issues after giving birth than after an abortion. And yet, no one counsels women that they should avoid having kids because it causes depression in a significant number of cases. The meme that women are devastated after having had an abortion is quite well accepted. It irritates the hell out of me.
1) Are you good at dealing with rejection?
2) How do I get over someone who I thought was my type (and should've been attracted to me too, but wasn't :-\)?
3) What could be someone's reasons for not wanting to be in a relationship?
Figured it out. Thanks.
Where is a *GOOD* online place to learn either/both?
Anyone want to tutor me?
1. Does it snow where you live? (You can disregard the rest if you want if you answer no to this xD)
2. When's the latest (in the spring season) that you've had snow where you live?
3. When's the latest that you've had a snow day?
4. Do you like the snow?
5a. For those of you that it snows where you live: Would you move somewhere where they never got snow?
5b. For those of you that don't live in snow-prone areas: Would you move somewhere where it does?
I keep finding that I care less and less. As in, if I were to fail class I don't think it would faze me. I'm even less amused by things I used to find hilarious. What's going on, TQC?
2. What do you think about taking pills to lose weight?
Do you think that figures such as Mammy and people in blackface are offensive?
What about pictures of rednecks and KKK members?
What about a stereotypical depiction of a Jew being stingy and/or rich?
(I am in no way inferring that these things are equal in any way, shape, or form.)
Do you think we should kill whitey?
How often do you actually use the 9 digit (ZIP+4) zip code (as opposed to the plain old 5 digits)?
What was your favorite crazy person letter about?
I have to write 3, 3 page book or movie reviews for World Civ which I have at 1:30 PM. I've known about it all semester too.
2. How hard is going to be writing book and movie reviews about books and movies I've never seen?
EDIT: I know where to look and everything I'm just worried because I have very limited bullshitting abilities so I don't think I'm going to be able to make them nearly long enough.
EDIT #2: I finished 2 of them and since they are extra credit I'm not going to bother with the 3rd.
I forgot about it because there was a baseball game on :(
1. How old were you when you learned to drive an automatic, and who taught you?
2. How old were you when you learned to drive a car with a manual transmission, and who taught you?
3. If you own a car now, is it manual or automatic?
( Collapse )
2) Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing? Why?
3) Slightly related: Do you watch Good Morning America?
I'm willing and able to spend $200 tops, and I will be using it for taking pics of friends and family, nothing professional looking really. So what camera should I get?
physically -- what do most people compliment you on? my smile.
Yes, I plan to have my gf write a message saying I'm dead, how I died & when. & possibly open up all entries... depending on how that's going to impact on everyone.
I've given her the name of the band that sings the song that my password is from, how many words & how many letters - so she can find it, but its too much hassle for now when she has pretty much full access anyway.
EDIT: Is it completely lame to have a postmortem plan for an lj or is it justified because it's sharing your life with your friends & such?
Next time you buy a tube of toothpaste do you plan to remain faithful to your current toothpaste or will you ditch it for something new?
I use Crest mint explosion (with 50% more Scope!)
I'm in love with it
My question is this: are cosmetology students allowed to accept tips?
She's doing my hair for something like $15 and if she does a fantastic job, I'd really like to pay her what I normally would for a hair cut somewhere else.
now we've changed our mind. isntead we want to take a relatively cheapish trip IN the country in July and we'll do a more expensive trip to an all inclusive in like March or April.
So where should i go IN the country? Thinking about Charleston maybe. Dunno though because I'm already going with fam in January (but then i won't be able to use the beaches).
For what it's worth, I live right outside of DC.
my friend is selling me his sidekick3 today, do i just need to take the sim card out of my phone and put it in the sk and then it'll work? (i have t-mobile now) or do i need to do something else like call t-mobile and let them know i have a new phone?
I made an image in photoshop and saved it as a jpeg. The image is 17"x11" on my computer screen and 300 pixels per inch. I have to print on my sister's computer since my printer has gone insane, and the image prints out as a little under 12"x6" on her printer. Why is that happening?
Do you have any interesting/crazy/amusing customer stories you're willing to share? Are you a member of customers_suck?
I don't have any, but I joined the community a little while ago.
1. "Going green" is the new black. Where do you draw the line at what you are willing to do to live "green"? (For example, I am unwilling to use less toilet paper. Others don't want to use reusable grocery bags. How about you?)
2. Do you believe pacifism/non-violent protest is an effective way to make your voice heard? If not, what are some better alternatives?
3. In your opinion, Is ethanol the answer to our oil troubles? Or is it basically a waste of time?
2) Do you watch House, M.D.? What do you think of it?
3) What lie should I tell my teachers about why I wasn't at school today?
4) How do you feel when you show someone something you thought was hilarious only to see that they're thoroughly unimpressed with it?
5) How has your day gone so far?
6) What did my friend see in her ugly, annoying, lying, cheating, immature, abusive boyfriend? Also, why does she feel the need to become bestest of friends with him now that they're broken up even though he's still treating her like crap? Creative answers plez. (P.S. They never had sex and he doesn't own a car)
Today's HDQ: What three people would you combine for an idea mate (and for what qualities would you pick them)?
[edit: added one more:]
Would-You-Rather Wednesday: Have a permanent smile OR Be permanently aroused
I'm reading up on ETA on Spanish news sites (specifically elmundo.es) for a class... I'm fairly proficient in Spanish but not fluent. Many articles mention "un alto el fuego" or "el alto el fuego" which clearly cannot be literally translated because it makes no sense. I've tried to just pretend that I don't need to know what it means (hah) but it seems pretty vital. Does it mean like a "cease fire?" Here's an example of one of the sentences.
"EL 22 de marzo de 2006, la organización terrorista ETA hace público un comunicado en el que anuncia un «alto el fuego permanente», efectivo a partir de las 00.00 horas del día 24, con el objetivo de «impulsar un proceso democrático en Euskal Herria»."
Edit: Answered... thanks guys!
and here's some other questions so I don't leave people out.
1. What do you believe more--what people do or what they say?
2. What's the last book you read for pleasure? Would you recommend it?
2a. If you're in school, what's the last book you had to read for school? Did you learn anything from it? (Er, if this relates to you in work somehow you can go ahead and answer this as well...)
3. What's your favorite kind of ice tea? (Is it iced tea or ice tea? I confuse this for some reason.)
-attending my very last undergraduate lecture ever.
what did you get loanwords for her birthday?
-a stack of e-gifts
2. What is the etiquette for macros? Is it generally accepted that you may only use macros you have made yourself, or are they more or less gankable? EDIT: answered, thank you. :)
2 1/2. What is your favourite macro?
What would you do in this situation? Let the kids work it out, say something to the parent or even the kid, just not allow your child to play with the other kid, or something else I haven't thought of?
I tried searching my drives to find anything that was created that day and didn't see anything suspicious. And I have no idea what site I visited that caused this. How can I get rid of whatever is doing this (without reformatting my entire computer; I don't have the system disks to it anymore)?
I use FireFox as my main browser, but the popups continue in IE.
Is there a better scanner that is available for free besides AdAware and AVG?
( Collapse )
If not, what would you change it to?
2- Why are you at the computer and what would you prefer to be doing?
3- Do you run with scissors?
4- Are there any words you use online, that you don't say in the real world much/ever? (I don't mean internet acronyms. :P)
5- Are you any good at DDR?
6- How the hell are ya, TQC?!
1- Being up north. I breathed so much easier up there, sigh. :(
2- Cuz I'm at work! I'd way prefer to be roaming around outside.
3- No, I'm scared of sharp objects. O_o
4- 'Albeit'. I don't even know how to pronounce it. And I never say 'save for...' in the real world. I always say 'except for...' (or whatever) instead. But I almost always type it when talking to people, or writing. Huh.
5- No idea, it's been a few months, hope to play tomorrow to find out how shitty I've gotten.
6- Could be a lot better, and not at work. The two things might be connected.
1. What are you getting your mother for Mother's Day?
2. My mom is in her mid 50's. She's disabled, knows next to nothing about technology, and doesn't have a car to get anywhere far so gift cards aren't really a good idea. In the past my siblings and I have gotten her a mothers ring and similar jewelry, and mostly clothes. Any suggestions for this year? I'm stuck!
Edit: I'm one of the authors being published in said magazine, I'm not just going to go. XD
Really, what's the point? Wouldn't the act of not showing up at the voting area be an act of 'choosing not to vote'? Or is this a way to really monitor voter apathy in concerned civic-minded citizens?
I have a headache coming on- affected vision and such... I'm trying to decide if i should go to my math class or not. But the thing is, I've missed this class so much... Should I go or not?
2. a) Another follow-up (sorry, edited my mistake):
b) Do you know what it means to "catch the snap" in American football?
1) Other than a spider, what other radioactive animal(s)/insect(s) would you like being bitten by, if you had to be?
2) What cool or unique (serious or humorous) superpower(s) could it offer you?
which has 15 digits?
how do you know?
Let's say that everyone in TQC (or at least the active members, anyway) met in person. What do you think would happen? Would we get along? Would a war break out? Your thoughts.
edit: Sweet ideas--I'll get all of us some hookers and blow :D
Edit once more: Do you think we'd need to wear nametags? If we had those nametags would we have to have a tiny picture of our default icons, so people could be like "I KNOW YOOOOUUU" so then we can treat them as we did online?
What is/are your favorite conspiracy theories? Please be creative.
In fun question-related news, what are you doing this summer?
I'm working for a labor union, doing a writing competition and camping.
1b. When was the last time it did[if ever]?
1c. Do tornados freak you out?
1a. Yes, the warning is playing on TV right now.
1b. I don't remember specifically, but we have them pretty often this time of year.
1c. No, I'm kindof jaded about them, living in the Midwest my whole life. This warning is covering a very large area too, so I don't think much of it.
2a. Inspired by a previous question, how do my eyebrows look? Any suggestions?[picture under cut]
2b. How do yours look?
2c. Are you an eyebrow fanatic?
( Collapse )
totally open ended, be creative
1) If you had to live your life inside any movie which would you choose?
2) Have you ever met a geisha? What was that experience like?
3) Are you an only child? Do you like being an only child?
4) What do you like and dislike about being an only child?
( Collapse )
2. ihop is suddenly the only place within 300 miles of you that you can get food. what do you order for dinner?
3. what is the worst cooking-related injury you have ever sustained?
4. if you are a secretary or administrator, did you get anything for administrative professional's week?
5. why does the microwave at work burn my popcorn even on its' lowest setting for half the time it's supposed to cook for? WHY MUST I SUFFER SO.
6. if you work in a place where you are dealing with customers a lot, do you ever use fake accents to keep yourself occupied?
7. you are going to have to hit an animal with the car you are driving. (i don't care if you don't drive, this is hypothetical, so suck it up!) there is just no way to avoid hitting at least one. what type of animal would you least mind hitting? edited to add: must be a mammal or bird. no insects, cheaters.
eta: YOU GUYS SUCK AT COMING UP WITH A USERNAME TO DEFINE ME I HATE YOU NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME WHAT THE FUCK
me: we're going to a Sake tasting... we've tried it twice in our lives before and are hoping the five year gap has strengthened our palates... - crossing fingers that the third time is the charm! -
I got a lot of good feedback, mostly along the lines of "say that life is hectic right now and you don't have much free time to spend socially."
I've tried this approach, to no avail. The girl ain't getting it. She stops by my desk and more adamantly proclaims "we should go out! let's make plans to go out!"
I am still at a loss as to how to respond to these invitations, and I want a nice catch-all phrase that says "stop inviting me to do crap. I don't wanna." But of course, I don't want to come across as bitchy. Can this be done and, if so, have any suggestions as to how to phrase it so I can end these invites once and for all?
when you sleep do you keep the blankets over your feet/legs or tuck them around you?
What state does your room need to be in for you to be able to sleep? (total darkness/some light, music/no music, cold/hot, etc)
For those who work/have worked for Kroger, what was your starting pay? Did you have experience?
For those who were SAHMs and went back to work, how was the experience? I suppose I'll still technically be a SAHM since I'll only be working nights.
2. How long did it take you to pay it off?
What does this mean? It's my friend's MSN name.
2. how exactly does that biologically work?
2.5. does drenching it with sugar alter the effect?
3. what will happen if i eat too much acid in a day?
4. (i've eaten a whole lemon already today and i plan on eating a whole lime later... would eating tomato soup also be pushing it way too far?)
5. if you are for stem cell research, why?.. if you are against it, why?
My doctor's appointment isn't until tomorrow and I've already tried piles of products my mom bought (which don't have the active ingredient necessary for killing crabs!) and now the problem feel worse. The crabs keep biting me. I suppose I'll have to force myself to Saks and/or at least part of my runway run-through but OMG.
What can I do in the meantime? I can't possibly get my pubes shorter by trimming them. My lawn already looks quite mowed. And I can't wax them with Nair as it's not made for that. And even doing those things won't necessarily kill the crabs as their eggs are buried in the hair follicles. Be creative with your advice on ways to keep the biting pains away and/or kill the crabs.
What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?
It's beginning to hurt just so much.
How did you first decide what tattoo to get?
Should I just say 'fuck it', close my eyes & randomly pick one? I'll be 50 before I get my first tattoo at this rate.
Also, apart from TattooJohnny, do you know a site where I can find some quality good designs? The stupid previews on TattooJohnny are bullshit.
Edit; When I said 'close my eyes & randomly pick one', I did not mean any random ass tattoo. I have about 10 that I love equally, I meant pick between those.
what is it and what is up there for?
(Bonus Karmic Cookie to anyone who can help me out here :) )
If I took pics while doing so, what would you want to see?
How much would someone have to pay you to hang out with him?
Now in my last post some of you mentioned I should tell the professor.
So our project is due tomorrow. Should I say something to car accident girl? Should I say something to the professor? If so, what? Would it be better to email him? I mean I don't want to seem like a huge bitch but this girl seriously fucked us over.
The other girl in are group is no where to be found and none of use have heard from her. If that bitch tries to do the presentation with us tomorrow, what should I say?
One of my Spanish speaking friends is having a girl soon, and depending on what it says, it might be the ideal gift for her.
What do you think I should have done?
Experiences? Was it expensive? Was the tattoo well done?
2) What is your longest standing grudge?
3) What behaviors do you consider unforgivable?
4) Do you go out of your way to get even with people?
5) Who is the person you hate the most? (You don't have to give names, just describe the person's behaviors and why the person is the person you hate most)
What do you say to her about them?
I use Cetaphil.
2. What is the best shampoo and conditioner to use for straight, thin hair?
I alternate between Dove moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and Hairapy volumizing shampoo and conditioner.
3. What is the best (cheap) deep conditioning treatment for those of you that blow dry and/or straighten your hair?
4. How fast does hair grow?
I want to go to London, but know nothing about the weather, when is the best time to visit?
Cruise or Road Trip?
Anyone want to be my tour guide?
Do any of you have opinions on the yaris?
Ever driven one?
Anything you like or don't like about them?
I've read tons of reviews, but I want some feedback from TQC as well.
I don't have a checkbook, though. How else can I find out my routing number? I'm pretty sure I have my account number (the bank gave me a laminated card with it when I first signed up).
We've read everything from certain colours being illegal, to "as long as they don't pulse/blink/strobe/fade" they are legal... We tried the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario's site and they had nothing, and even called the police department and the woman gave me a speech about how I better not be racing ??? and basically gave me the runaround.
Maybe we are not Googling properly. So...does anyone know the law in Ontario for these lights?
What DO they lyrics of Death Cab for Cutie's We Laugh Indoors mean? My partner and I've been puzzling this over and we can't make anything make sense--other than that Ben Gibbard really likes to get drunk and write lyrics.
...so what d'you guys think?
( Collapse )
2. do you watch Scrubs? favorite episode? why/why not?
3. have you seen the one with Clay Aiken? ( you can watch it here: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/link.do/1/270/688/13573/22875)
4. does YouTube own your life?
( Collapse )
it's got these red and white stripes, and a blue box in the corner with all these stars in it.
ZOMG, TQC, WHAT IN THE EARTH IS THIS FLAG I DO NOT UNDERSTANDZ
I have limited to zero knowledge about the intricacies (sp) of credit cards.
What is a "good" interest (APR?) rate? What is average? What should I shoot for? I'm looking at Capital One for limited credit history, it says the APR is a variable one and is currently 19.78. Is that high? Man I feel like I'm 12 years old or something.
What card do you recommend (keeping in mind I have little to no credit)?
Any general tips?
I'm fairly responsible and I'm not worried about abusing this card (if I'm even approved), I'm just sick of borrowing money from family when something happens to the car that has to be fixed ASAP and we have no money.
*ETA: I should just apply for one and wait, right? Doesn't it look bad on your credit to apply a bunch of times for different cards? Forgive my ignorance. lol*
2) Are you usually the "go ask my [mom/dad/someone else closely related to me]" person?
3) Who in TQC do you wish would ask more questions?
I cannot stand him. His voice is so annoying to me that I had to change the channel just now when he was on American Idol. He makes a mockery of opera. I wish he would go away.
what would you want to see and who would it be???
(wow does that make sense??)
I've heard of the "mousetrap" argument that argues that animals are so intricately designed that none of their parts can function on its own and couldn't evolve into anything else but that's been refuted pretty well.
(2) What explanations do fundamentalist Christians who believe the Bible is the absolute truth give for the Bible contradicting itself, such as the two creation stories in Genesis 1?
I absolutely love The Waltons, I've been watching it since I was a little kid. John Boy is sort of my hero.. don't laugh. I also love The Wonder Years, which is why I decided to make this post because I just found out that they're showing it on tv again .. I'm pretty excited. :)
how do i reset the settings on psp7, without uninstalling it, and install it back?! i know there was a .exe file to do that, but i cant find it anywhere. i used to have it. blaaah. help?!
Can someone explain to me how after watching a Missy Elliot video on youtube, a video for the song 'He Lives In You' from the Lion King would pop up? Like, I just started laughing really hard. How the hell are those two things connected?
I have Roxio DVD burner..but I don't know how to use it? Does anyone here know how? & would you be willing to kinda help me out? =)
2) What is the difference between a transvestite and a transexual? I know it may be Googleable, but I'm afraid of just finding things that are... I'll just say, irrelevent, lol
The Saks card includes seasonal (I think) discount possibilities and a $25 Saks gift card for the first time you use the credit card somewhere other than Saks. As I have not had a credit card anywhere prior, I do not know if there are strings attached or not or what to ask. I'd want it because it could save me a lot on my Saks purchases.
What are your opinions? How do credit cards (or the people buying them) manage to screw up credit and stack up big debt? Is this a good idea? What key points should I be thinking of or asking when opening a credit card account?
Tell me, TQC, how can I sleep? I have being lying in bed for over an hour.
How would you pronounce this name?
It's Croatian, if that helps.
2. If so, what herbs did you use, in what dosages?
3. Was it under the supervision of a doctor?
4. Did you find it successful?
Is it wrong to hold or hide your feelings instead of letting them out?
What makes any friendship great and long lasting?
Do you think dogs should be allowed on playgrounds\ regular parks? Why?